Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pip pip pip
Oct 24, 2010

The cutest little fascist

Captain Log posted:

I'm I the only one who leaves the TV on for my birds when the house is going to be empty for a few hours?

Serra sure as hell watches the television. She gets really excited about hockey for some reason. :derptiel:

Nugget loves hockey too! :derptiel::respek::derptiel:

I feel like we've had this discussion before... :haw:

Edit: Pagesnipe

Pip pip pip fucked around with this message at 01:53 on Aug 23, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ansith
Nov 8, 2010

Elongated Baked Bean
I whistled to Scallop when I got up for work today, which started a whistle chain.

Scallop was talking to me, Chicken was talking to Scallop, and I was whistling back to Scallop for the benefit of Chicken. I took a little video!

https://youtu.be/yZahzpCT6Po

As you can see, Scallop is hyperactive. Chicken is just super cute, bobbing her head when she calls to Scallop.

Disco Salmon
Jun 19, 2004

Ansith posted:

I whistled to Scallop when I got up for work today, which started a whistle chain.

Scallop was talking to me, Chicken was talking to Scallop, and I was whistling back to Scallop for the benefit of Chicken. I took a little video!

https://youtu.be/yZahzpCT6Po

As you can see, Scallop is hyperactive. Chicken is just super cute, bobbing her head when she calls to Scallop.

Y'know....this is NOT helping me not get a cockatiel. It's doing directly the opposite... (don't stop posting!!)

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Now I am become Borb,
the Destroyer of Seeb

Pip pip pip posted:

Nugget loves hockey too! :derptiel::respek::derptiel:

I feel like we've had this discussion before... :haw:

Edit: Pagesnipe

Trust me, I ask that question at least once a year from different sports being on TV.

Serra is pretty ambivalent about baseball...just a little FYI for ya’

Rotten Cookies
Nov 11, 2008

gosh! i like both the islanders and the rangers!!! :^)

I can't help yelling and fist pumping when hockey is on, and it scares Pinto. Sorry, buds.

they do love watching hockey and basketball, though

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Came across this on FB which seems to fit perfectly here atm

that cockatiel glamor shot is killing me

Disco Salmon
Jun 19, 2004

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

and yet another thing for me to search for...thanks SO MUCH lol

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

:tipshat:

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

While You Are Gone, the acclaimed new album from Australian duo "music/birds/love."

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Now I am become Borb,
the Destroyer of Seeb

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

I can't stand, "Birbs to Men"

Suntan Boy
May 27, 2005
Stained, dirty, smells like weed, possibly a relic from the sixties.

Yaaaaaay weekend shifts

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Now I am become Borb,
the Destroyer of Seeb

Suntan Boy posted:

Yaaaaaay weekend shifts

:3: :3: :3:

That pile of parakeets!

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

omg a Cricket

Disco Salmon
Jun 19, 2004

Suntan Boy posted:

Yaaaaaay weekend shifts

omg it IS a Cricket!!! My baby!!! <3

redgubbinz
May 1, 2007

Ah, the legendary Hydrerigar. A multi-headed beast as fearsome as it is fuzzy and adorable.

I'll take ten.

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop

Suntan Boy posted:

Yaaaaaay weekend shifts

Oh. No. :kimchi:

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
https://i.imgur.com/q7o4b82.mp4

redgubbinz
May 1, 2007

Well what did you expect, hitting the "summon birb" button

Disco Salmon
Jun 19, 2004

rofl...

Trevor tries this every time we get fridge water. Silly thing.

In other news, we are getting ready to head out of the country to a wedding/family obligations tour <yay> in the morning, and I had to drop the feathered heathens off at the vet for boarding. We called it a Spa & Pedicure Vacation Getaway to try to sell it to them, but I don't think they saw it in that light.

I called a few minutes ago to see how they settled in, cos they were decidedly NOT happy about this and were making sure I knew it as they were taken in the back. The receptionist talked to the tech to see, and I was informed that Cricket is STILL mad, and hiding under her squiddy, mumbling about sweet birdie dreams and not ok. (I think the sweet birdie dreams is code for get me home NOW to sleep in my own drat house personally, but...yeah.) She did lower herself to eat some snacks and Nutriberries they bribed her with so she will be fine. Mr. Trevor tho seems to not care that he is not home, and is happily dancing to the KPop playing in the back, yelling out "Good job" and "Did you eat your dinner" to the techs, and in between sets he is munching his heart out on the fresh foods.

I tell you guys, they make me laugh so much these two :) I'll miss them...but I know they are in good hands.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Now I am become Borb,
the Destroyer of Seeb
"Scritches Now."

"You hear me!?"

Rotten Cookies
Nov 11, 2008

Well

Give the bird what it wants

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Captain Log posted:

"Scritches Now."

"You hear me!?"

AND...?

redgubbinz
May 1, 2007

I can't get over how perfectly her face mirrors :smug:

Disco Salmon
Jun 19, 2004

redgubbinz posted:

I can't get over how perfectly her face mirrors :smug:

yes, she is a cute lil live version of SmugBird :)

and this STILL isn't helping me not get a potato guys.....I mentioned I wanted one last night and my husband just looked at me and went "Where would we put one? I don't think it wants to live in the pantry with the other potatoes..."

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

Sera was being very photogenic.

Rotten Cookies
Nov 11, 2008

Majestic crest in pic #2.

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop
Got another budgie today!

He's quite nervous but now he's settling in a smaller, spare cage. I just love his colors! His head is that creamy yellow and white. And his cheeks are honest-to-god violet!

Pesto was terrified at first but they're singing back and forth already!

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Amadeus seems to think he's the translator between me and Charlemagne, because when I'm ignoring Charlie's requests (no you can't sit on top of my cabinet right now, you're going to chew it as soon as I look away. No you can't come out of your cage right now, I literally just put you away because you were chewing on my cabinet) Ama interjects with frantic leaning and fluttering towards Charlie's desired destination, or berating me with PRETTY, PRETTY until I give in to their mutual demands.

Charlie is still more reserved than Amadeus is, but the affection seems to be mutual. Both birds typically hang out in the bathroom with me while I shower as they like the steam, but yesterday Ama wanted to stay hanging out in my room, during conure things; Charlie still came with me. It wasn't until my shower was in progress he seemed to realize Amadeus was not going to be joining us at all. He spent the entire length of time facing the towel bar where Ama usually sits, skinny and staring and making sad Sennie whistles. It was super cute and I also felt really bad. :lol:

And that's the Ama/Charlie update for this week :toot:

Salmon I forgot to say so yesterday but that reaction to being boarded seems so in line with their personalities, I love it lol

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Now I am become Borb,
the Destroyer of Seeb

RoboRodent posted:

Sera was being very photogenic.

:3:

Serra has lost most of her crest because of her first big girl bird molt.

But, I can see all the new feathers coming in. She will look so very majestic...in a few months.

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

Oh god so new guy, I'mma call him Mayo for now because he's all creamy and has a light cyan blue body, like Hellman's Light.

Anyway, Mayo got out and had his initial new-place-freakout, I got him back in his cage but this just got Pesto excited and eager to meet this bird. I know they say to wait a week or more but like, Pesto's already calmed down a bit and he's regurgitating and feeding the new budge. He's occasionally doing that poo poo head thing where he grabs Mayo with his foot but Mayo stands his ground.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Mayo :3:

Suntan Boy
May 27, 2005
Stained, dirty, smells like weed, possibly a relic from the sixties.

We recently had a sun conure board with us with the inspired name of Sean Connury. He was rather dapper, too.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Now I am become Borb,
the Destroyer of Seeb
So, I got this three dollar bird leash from China, and I fully expect it to never get used. I’ve started teaching Serra that it is a toy. I got a green one, because green paracord is her favorite toy.

Does anyone know how this is actually supposed to fit on the bird?

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

They're already cute together

"Come back out!"

Pesto instantly becomes peak budgie

Even showed him where the good stuff is!

:kimchi:

Plant MONSTER. fucked around with this message at 04:39 on Aug 27, 2019

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug
https://twitter.com/Reuters/status/1125267861981810688

not posting this for the content of the article but for the picture that Reuters decided to use for this

Hug in a Can
Aug 1, 2010

NICE FLAMINGO
kind heart
fierce mind
brave spirit

:h: be good and try hard! :h:

GoldStandardConure posted:

not posting this for the content of the article but for the picture that Reuters decided to use for this

vote for cranes!

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

GoldStandardConure posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mO-OpFjHRbE

Organza Quiz
Nov 7, 2009

Hug in a Can posted:

vote for cranes!

Mate, that is an Australian Bin Chicken.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=w4dYWhkSbTU

Ansith
Nov 8, 2010

Elongated Baked Bean

Scallop LOVES chilli.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Ansith posted:

Scallop LOVES chilli.

Uh-huh. Sure. Chilli.

Sorry for the loss of your fingat :ohdear:.