Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

Congratulations! That's a huge accomplishment. I quit a pack a day habit myself in 2018. I know how tough this is, and keep it up!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xcheopis
Jul 23, 2003

Clowner posted:

Hi happy thread, thanks for all the good times.

As of today I haven't smoked a cigarette for thirty days. It's been nice knowing I'm not giving my hard-earned dollars to our repulsive tobacco companies. Oh and I feel way healthier already and lifting weights is way easier but like, y'know, whatever.

Congrats!

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant

Clowner posted:

Hi happy thread, thanks for all the good times.

As of today I haven't smoked a cigarette for thirty days. It's been nice knowing I'm not giving my hard-earned dollars to our repulsive tobacco companies. Oh and I feel way healthier already and lifting weights is way easier but like, y'know, whatever.

Keep at it!

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true
Wutang might be dangerous

Thay's like the 4th youtube video I've seen of that. Rap seems to calm babies down :shrug:

My best guess is that strong rhythmic basslines sound like Mom's heartbeat ?

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
naw, babies are just really cool before the world beats them down.

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Happily shilling for China!

Xand_Man posted:

Thay's like the 4th youtube video I've seen of that. Rap seems to calm babies down :shrug:

My best guess is that strong rhythmic basslines sound like Mom's heartbeat ?

I doubt rap has anything to do with it, like babies aren't gonna calm down to Straight Outta Compton.
Hypnotize has a really smooth and well ...hypnotizing beat to it.

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

Darkrai used Dream Eater!
It's super effective!

My younger kid would only fall asleep, stay asleep, or not scream in her car seat if Hamilton was playing. She's who got me into Lin-Manuel Miranda in the first place.

She continues, now, by insisting on the Moana soundtrack.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
https://twitter.com/LettersOfNote/status/1165990406737338369

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

gently caress that, give ranger what he wants

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer
Kim Davis, that lovely county clerk who refused to issue gay marriage licenses could not be sued in her capacity as a government employee, but can be sued as an individual.

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/news/appeals-court-kim-davis-can-be-sued

Her argument is that it isn't discriminatory if she refused to issue marriage licenses for all couples, despite the fact she was pretty clear why she wasn't issuing licenses and even got a personal audience with the Pope because of it. Even if the two couples who can sue lose their cases (because Kentucky) they can bury her with legal fees.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
No one posted the Bernie tied for first poll here yet. I'm a lazy poo poo on a phone, but still Bernie gonna win

PerilPastry
Oct 10, 2012

ikanreed posted:

No one posted the Bernie tied for first poll here yet. I'm a lazy poo poo on a phone, but still Bernie gonna win

hell yeah baby

https://twitter.com/lib_crusher/status/1166034056137650177?s=20

SaintFu
Aug 27, 2006

Where's your god now?

Gratifying to see Warren ahead of Biden.

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop
Hahahaha gently caress off forever Joe Biden! If it's this bad for him already then hopefully the incumbency name recognition advantage won't carry him for the several more months that he needs

Happy Thread has issued a correction as of 19:06 on Aug 26, 2019

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

The only thing keeping him floating in the Top 3 is because every other nominee below them is either overtly bad (Harris, Buttigieg when you look deeper into him) or generic establishment goons that nobody can tell apart (everyone else).

Goon Danton
May 24, 2012

Don't forget to show my shitposts to the people. They're well worth seeing.

He's very quickly moving into the overtly bad category for the general public, and it owns

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

chitoryu12 posted:

The only thing keeping him floating in the Top 3 is because every other nominee below them is either overtly bad (Harris, Buttigieg when you look deeper into him) or generic establishment goons that nobody can tell apart (everyone else).

Nah, it's pretty much just name recognition from his vp years. issue is he loving sucks and everyone is just :stonk: when they actually see him in action. I guess his melting brain and bad policies are breaking into mainstream thought.

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Happily shilling for China!

And he's tied with Warren! Both outpacing Biden thank god.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
Oh gently caress i missed the news that boondocks is coming back, and it's happy thread material because McGruder is making it, not the assholes responsible for season 4

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Can you spare a little cheddar?
Nap Ghost

Agean90 posted:

Nah, it's pretty much just name recognition from his vp years. issue is he loving sucks and everyone is just :stonk: when they actually see him in action. I guess his melting brain and bad policies are breaking into mainstream thought.

Sounds like a lock to win 2020.

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop

ikanreed posted:

Oh gently caress i missed the news that boondocks is coming back, and it's happy thread material because McGruder is making it, not the assholes responsible for season 4

Wow, they're back? Wonder what their take is on 2019's situation

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

syq dude, just syq!

Dumb Lowtax posted:

Wow, they're back? Wonder what their take is on 2019's situation

They're making uncle ruckus mayor apparently.

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

Krispy Wafer posted:

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/news/appeals-court-kim-davis-can-be-sued

Her argument is that it isn't discriminatory if she refused to issue marriage licenses for all couples, despite the fact she was pretty clear why she wasn't issuing licenses and even got a personal audience with the Pope because of it. Even if the two couples who can sue lose their cases (because Kentucky) they can bury her with legal fees.

This isn't true. The guy who set up the meeting between Kim Davis and Pope Francis did it intentionally to try and make Francis look bad, and he got sacked once Francis learned who she was and why the guy had set up the meeting.

https://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2016/04/12/473936311/pope-francis-replaces-ambassador-who-arranged-kim-davis-meeting

paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
:synpa:

paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
# first pic -- last pic

paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
m y kittens name is puddle

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer

Lutha Mahtin posted:

This isn't true. The guy who set up the meeting between Kim Davis and Pope Francis did it intentionally to try and make Francis look bad, and he got sacked once Francis learned who she was and why the guy had set up the meeting.

https://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2016/04/12/473936311/pope-francis-replaces-ambassador-who-arranged-kim-davis-meeting

It's still true though. The Pope's ambassador arranged for Davis to meet the Pope because of her actions. Whether or not the Pope knew who she was is immaterial, it still made Davis look like a superstar on the Right.

The happy part is where all the political grifters who used her as a lightning rod suddenly forget who she is when it comes time to pay for a lawyer.

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Nth Doctor posted:

My younger kid would only fall asleep, stay asleep, or not scream in her car seat if Hamilton was playing. She's who got me into Lin-Manuel Miranda in the first place.

She continues, now, by insisting on the Moana soundtrack.

Cursed post

PerilPastry
Oct 10, 2012
https://twitter.com/markberman/status/1166325605744500736?s=20

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

No, actually, yours is.

LMM can be happy for people.

Comrayn
Jul 22, 2008

silvergoose posted:

No, actually, yours is.

:goofy:

this is a cspam thread right?

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007
Ooo! Look at me! NO DON'T LOOK AT ME!

The thread is a happy land, a land with law unto itself. Repent, friend sinner.

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

Darkrai used Dream Eater!
It's super effective!

silvergoose posted:

No, actually, yours is.

:hfive:

I realize the guy and his work isn't everyone's cup of tea, but I legitimately enjoy both his art and good attitude.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything
Wrong thread. Have an animal

Ague Proof has issued a correction as of 17:11 on Aug 27, 2019

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.

I wonder if the farmers at the last place that joke was uttered finally came aware of everyone laughing at them on Twitter.

paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Ague Proof posted:

:]

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

syq dude, just syq!

Ague Proof posted:

This is a very good dog

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
Bullshit
Just like last time: HUGE laughter at first. The boos were quiet and eventually heard but most of the audience and the entire loving panel cracks up

https://www.facebook.com/OfficialRFDTV/videos/2395073420559249/

45:44
And, just like last time, trump supports are loving pathetic.

InsertPotPun has issued a correction as of 20:42 on Aug 27, 2019

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/UbisoftMTL/status/1166031484429512705