Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

I had Dzagoev for almost ten years in an FM15 save, dude was good even in that one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Leicester have signed Tielemans and now Praet which means they’re gonna loving wreck the league in FM17

JadaX
Nov 25, 2008
Do we have an EPL fantasy league this year? If so can someone share the id.

Walton Simons
May 16, 2010

ELECTRONIC OLD MEN RUNNING THE WORLD
I've just listened to a podcast about Athletic Bilbao and now I want to start a save as a sugar daddied club in the Vanarama North but we're only allowed youth products and players born or produced in Lancashire.

Coohoolin
Aug 5, 2012

Oor Coohoolie.
drat I missed the steam sale a few days ago, would something like this be legit?

https://www.g2a.com/en-gb/football-...KBoC9mwQAvD_BwE

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

THIS BADGE OF SHAME IS WORTH 0.45 DOUBLE DRAGON ADVANCES

:dogout:
of SA-Mart forever

Coohoolin posted:

drat I missed the steam sale a few days ago, would something like this be legit?

https://www.g2a.com/en-gb/football-...KBoC9mwQAvD_BwE

All I can say is that I have purchased keys from those types of vendors before, perhaps a handful of times, and never had a problem. Other's mileage may vary.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Though G2A by nature is not "legit". Your key might work, but it's almost certainly stolen/purchased with stolen credit cards. There's been a recent dust up in the news from a bunch of devs saying they'd actively rather you pirate their game than buy it from G2A, because if you pirate it they get nothing, where as if you buy it from G2A they actually lose money because they have to pay the fees associated with the credit card fraud when it gets caught and they STILL don't get a sale from it.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

Walton Simons posted:

I've just listened to a podcast about Athletic Bilbao and now I want to start a save as a sugar daddied club in the Vanarama North but we're only allowed youth products and players born or produced in Lancashire.

I still wish it was possible to set limits like that in the editor. Maybe it is in space year 2019 idk but I used to enjoy playing as Bilbao, or doing all-British or similar.

I did Ajax a couple of years ago with only youth teamers and players with Ajax as a favourite club. Only ex players as staff, too. Maximum cohesion!

It would be loving tough to LLM it though unless you gave yourself insanely good facilities.

Walton Simons
May 16, 2010

It'll have to be self-imposed, unfortunately, it'd be great fun to give AI clubs weird and wonderful restrictions in the editor. I'm assuming that giving myself a rich owner will help in LLM.

I miss my 20/20 rating academy only save, it was great fun but we scraped into the Prem about 5 seasons too early and it's not a lot of fun to get pumped every week. Also I suspect that I'll get sacked for not following unprecedented and unexpected success with more unprecedented and unexpected success but that's perfectly realistic so hey ho.

e: New idea for a save: load up as many leagues as possible (one or two leagues from many nations is preferable to going deep on the big 5), your job is to win as much silverware as possible but you can't stay at any club for longer than a season. So many of my saves are built around nurturing young talent and raising my league's reputation/coefficient, it'll be fun to spend all the money in a possible ill-fated charge at the 27th most reputable league title in Europe.

Walton Simons fucked around with this message at 15:41 on Aug 15, 2019

kingturnip
Apr 18, 2008
I love getting random players in on trial, and then right at the moment that their attributes are revealed and I decide to make a bid, a dozen other clubs come in for the player and they gently caress off to go play in the U-19s somewhere

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

My favourite player acquisition wrinkle is when you get some hyper-ambitious future-Zidane who freaks out at you for putting him in the U-19s because he's literally too young to play for the first team yet.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Jason Sextro posted:

My favourite player acquisition wrinkle is when you get some hyper-ambitious future-Zidane who freaks out at you for putting him in the U-19s because he's literally too young to play for the first team yet.

Never seen this. How can they be too young to be in the first team squad?

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

"I'm willing to pay up to $1200 for a big anime titty"

It’s definitely possible to set a nationality limit for a specific club in the *spooky voice* advanced rules. Pretty sure it works and the AI won’t sign foreigners with it.

I’ll get the image when my computer’s done windows updating

ed:

Editor --> rules --> add nation rules --> pick your nation --> add lower divisions and cups to existing --> rules --> convert to advanced. Then you have to find the fixture rules number that corresponds with your competition. Set for every level in the pyramid I guess, then rules-->test.

Advanced rules don't let you go crazy (I know some stuff like MLS is untouchable) but I think almost everything like this was a black box before 19?

Fat Lowtax fucked around with this message at 18:25 on Aug 18, 2019

Masonity
Dec 31, 2007

What, I wonder, does this hidden face of madness reveal of the makers? These K'Chain Che'Malle?

sassassin posted:

This. If a player is born good enough (from my youth intake), he's old enough. The striker I'm trying the Pele challenge with has been first team since the day he generated. 15 and scoring premier League (and champions League) goals.

And he will be too old the day he retires. Or maybe when he hits 1000 goals. If that's early enough I might aim for 1000 club goals of course.

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

sassassin posted:

I mainly play in France, where you can get youth teamers as young as 14, but the minimum age requirement for the First Team in any league, whether it's Ligue 1, Ligue 2 or below, is 16. It's kind of a fuckup, really. I never had a problem with that age gap until FM18, and I've played all of them since 14.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Jason Sextro posted:

I mainly play in France, where you can get youth teamers as young as 14, but the minimum age requirement for the First Team in any league, whether it's Ligue 1, Ligue 2 or below, is 16. It's kind of a fuckup, really. I never had a problem with that age gap until FM18, and I've played all of them since 14.

That's a pretty sensible rule.

FM's development curve has always been dodgy with 14 and 15 year olds being too close to their fully developed levels. It's extremely rare for 15 year olds to be mentally and physically equipped for senior professional football, but FM doesn't properly model the massive leaps players around that age make in short spaces of time either.

Walton Simons
May 16, 2010

Fat Lowtax posted:

It’s definitely possible to set a nationality limit for a specific club in the *spooky voice* advanced rules. Pretty sure it works and the AI won’t sign foreigners with it.

I’ll get the image when my computer’s done windows updating

ed:

Editor --> rules --> add nation rules --> pick your nation --> add lower divisions and cups to existing --> rules --> convert to advanced. Then you have to find the fixture rules number that corresponds with your competition. Set for every level in the pyramid I guess, then rules-->test.

Advanced rules don't let you go crazy (I know some stuff like MLS is untouchable) but I think almost everything like this was a black box before 19?

This is very cool.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
You know when my favorite thing is? When your board overrules you and sells a player for less than you could have gotten for him if they'd left you the gently caress alone, and then a month later WE ARE VERY DISAPPOINTED THAT THE DEAL TO SELL $FORMER_CAPTAIN IS SUCH A POOR FINANCIAL DEAL FOR THE CLUB. It's awesome.

Masonity
Dec 31, 2007

What, I wonder, does this hidden face of madness reveal of the makers? These K'Chain Che'Malle?
I don't get that as we're rolling in money, but the board and fans get a little stroppy every time I sell a 19-23 year old who looked like a world beater when I bought them but never progressed enough. He's 8th choice striker and we're getting 60 million for him after four years of loans. He cost us a packet of fags from an outer Mongolian league. Why are you so disappointed to see him go? Maybe trust the guy who's made well over a billion in transfer profit while building a team that wins basically every trophy every year?

XBenedict
May 23, 2006

YOUR LIPS SAY 0, BUT YOUR EYES SAY 1.

Masonity posted:

I don't get that as we're rolling in money, but the board and fans get a little stroppy every time I sell a 19-23 year old who looked like a world beater when I bought them but never progressed enough. He's 8th choice striker and we're getting 60 million for him after four years of loans. He cost us a packet of fags from an outer Mongolian league. Why are you so disappointed to see him go? Maybe trust the guy who's made well over a billion in transfer profit while building a team that wins basically every trophy every year?

If the supporters don’t whine about something, they’re not doing their jobs.

Lemon
May 22, 2003

What the poo poo is going on here?

So, as far as I'm aware the mid-season slump is more of a thing in January after teams adjust their mentality based on how you're doing (?). But, it's not January and we were tipped to win the league from the start anyway, so I was expecting most teams to be lining up a bit more defensively to begin with and not to have too much difference.

I know the players aren't great at this level and consistency can be an issue, but how am I going from having a pretty decent defense to completely making GBS threads the bed over the last few weeks? I've not had any selection problems or changes in tactics up until this point.

I'm switching things up now to go more defensive for the next few games because something obviously working, but what is going on?

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
Your reputation gets re-evaluated on 1/1; that's one thing that happens. The other thing is that the AI teams start every season hopelessly hosed on tactical familiarity and match cohesion (which you the player have sorted out in preseason but the AI is incapable of doing) and finally start to catch up to you in that regard around December.

Those two things in tandem create the annual Winter Swoon that's seemingly been hardcoded into FM since the Bush Administration. The former hasn't hit you yet, but the latter probably has.

tl;dr you're just now finding out that it's your tactics mate

Lemon
May 22, 2003

welp I went on to draw the next game 5-5, changed just one position in midfield and then won the next five games without conceding; I think I really don't know what the gently caress and am just bumbling my way through this game

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Lemon posted:

welp I went on to draw the next game 5-5, changed just one position in midfield and then won the next five games without conceding; I think I really don't know what the gently caress and am just bumbling my way through this game

Steve McClaren account spotted

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Eric the Mauve posted:

Your reputation gets re-evaluated on 1/1; that's one thing that happens. The other thing is that the AI teams start every season hopelessly hosed on tactical familiarity and match cohesion (which you the player have sorted out in preseason but the AI is incapable of doing) and finally start to catch up to you in that regard around December.

Those two things in tandem create the annual Winter Swoon that's seemingly been hardcoded into FM since the Bush Administration. The former hasn't hit you yet, but the latter probably has.

tl;dr you're just now finding out that it's your tactics mate

The third element is that your players get overconfident and lazy if you're overperforming. It's a triple whammy of subtle dynamic effects that all tend to kick in around the same time and make it look like the game is intentionally screwing you.

It's not a hardcoded self-destruct to force you to change your tactics technically but in practice that's what the game does.

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

The resolution to my "underage future star throws a shitfit about the reserves" problem is that I just keep him on my first team unregistered for every competition and apparently he seems fine with that. What an odd game.

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards

Jason Sextro posted:

The resolution to my "underage future star throws a shitfit about the reserves" problem is that I just keep him on my first team unregistered for every competition and apparently he seems fine with that. What an odd game.

If he's underage, surely he doesn't have to be registered? Or is that just a PL rule?

mrnoun
Jul 24, 2007
Every once in a while, this game makes a weird sort of sense.

"We should improve our training facilities to help our young players reach their potential."

"No, we'd rather you just sign first-team players."

"Oh. Um, in that case, we should... improve our training facilities to... uh, attract a better quality of first-team player?"

"Actually, we agree on this, it might just give us the edge we need to poach some key players from our rivals. We'll start looking into ways we can improve the facilities."

For the first time ever, I feel like I actually talked the board into something instead of just waiting for my reputation to get so big they have to listen. It was in the stupidest, most obviously manipulative way possible, but it made sense!

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
https://twitter.com/FootballManager/status/1166367623933759489?s=20

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

its fm19 but you can argue with fans on social media

XBenedict
May 23, 2006

jesus WEP posted:

its fm19 but you can argue with fans on social media

:getin:

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
that would honestly be amazing

Lemon
May 22, 2003

At least I'd know ahead of time exactly what I'm going to be fired for

OoohU
Oct 26, 2013

Bitches ain't shit but genejacks & synths
But will I get a successful cross to a striker in a 1 on 1 who wont bottle the chance? And will my full backs still throw in directly to an opposing winger to start their break?

Alls I want is a better map engine, though yes it would be funny to have dt and troopz making AFTV posts about my squad and seeing banners of #OoohuOut in the stands.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
I just want it to use https://www.thispersondoesnotexist.com/ for regen faces

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
I don't know anything about new "features" yet as every research window has been delayed and the last database editor I worked with had only one new field and it was both pointless and a massive hassle to fill for every player in my file date signed first professional contract.

XBenedict
May 23, 2006

Azhais posted:

I just want it to use https://www.thispersondoesnotexist.com/ for regen faces

That would be amazing. I would love to have a wonderkid that looked like an 11 year old inuit girl with too much lipstick on. Where the gently caress did she even get whore red lipstick?

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

The Immortal Science of Sharksism-Fininism

XBenedict posted:

That would be amazing. I would love to have a wonderkid that looked like an 11 year old inuit girl with too much lipstick on. Where the gently caress did she even get whore red lipstick?

What the gently caress is this post lol

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Karl Sharks posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

XBenedict
May 23, 2006

Karl Sharks posted:

Clearly you didn't click through some of the randomly generated faces on that website.

Edit: Nightmare fuel - Future Ballon d'Or winners

XBenedict fucked around with this message at 20:16 on Aug 28, 2019