Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Pirate Captain
Jun 6, 2006

Avast ye lubbers, lest ye be scuppered!

Drone posted:

In both handheld and docked?

I only play handheld but it's completely smooth there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Highline
Mar 28, 2009

Drone posted:

I've got 100+ hours in Dead Cells on handheld and I've never had any issues. You get the occasional slowdown whenever you kill a boss and it shits loot everywhere but I've never had any problems with it apart from that.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I've seen overwatch played 60fps on a Microsoft Slate, 4 years ago. I'm sure the switch could handle it

Novasol
Jul 27, 2006

If they do port Overwatch, I could see it being part of a transition to a F2P model for the game.

Blotto_Otter
Aug 16, 2013

Drone posted:

I've only ever played Dead Cells handheld and it runs great, it's much improved since launch (which was still playable, even if a lot less smooth). Great port of a great game.

marumaru
May 20, 2013

Fallom posted:

I'm thinking more like 17-23 FPS with dynamic resolution averaging out at 546p

i can see 30FPS if they have Panic Button do it.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

They need to go full potato and get 60fps. The crowd they're aiming for will appreciate it.

Klisejo
Apr 13, 2006

Who else see da' Leprechaun say YEAH!

Mega64 posted:

F-Zero MOBA

I think my F-Zero X cartridge fused with my N64 about 10 years ago.

Social Animal
Nov 1, 2005

How much fps is Paladins packing out of curiosity?

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

4chan just constantly flings poo poo at the wall when it comes to hidden characters and when they're revealed. If this is true, I wouldn't be surprised if it's Jill from Resident Evil.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Lol I'm thinking about blizzard showing nintendo the receipts for how much merch they sale and them immediately starting to design a smash amiibo

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

The only blizzard games I want are Lost Vikings, Lost Vikings 2, Rock'n'Roll Racing, and Blackthorne

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

AlBorlantern Corps posted:

Rock'n'Roll Racing

There will be a riot when they change the music midi speed and I'll be leading it

jackhunter64
Aug 28, 2008

Keep it up son, take a look at what you could have won

bushisms.txt posted:

Lol I'm thinking about blizzard showing nintendo the receipts for how much merch they sale and them immediately starting to design a smash amiibo

They already did a treasure goblin amiibo for Diablo but it wasn't an original design, it was an existing toy they bunged the NFC chip into. Even more savings!

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

Someone should code turf wars into control point maps so I can just play splatoon in overwatch

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
The only Blizzard I want is the Peanut Butter Pie Blizzard with Snickers®, available for a limited time at Dairy Queen.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

S'mores is better

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

Social Animal posted:

How much fps is Paladins packing out of curiosity?

60 fps with dynamic resolution. I guess it might chug in moments when poo poo is really going down, but nothing too bad.

As for the game itself, they've been slowly but surely adding new features to the Switch build. Gyro aiming and voice chat are rudimentary but operational. It tends to be pretty buggy, but they've spent this year squashing and sometimes rewriting code to fix that. It certainly is a better game than it was a year ago.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:
Stayed up last night to finish XBC2: Torna - The Golden Country. My god it’s amazing. Daresay I like the cast more than the base game save Nia.

Anyways, now I can play Astral Chain with a clear conscience.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

get that OUT of my face posted:

4chan just constantly flings poo poo at the wall when it comes to hidden characters and when they're revealed. If this is true, I wouldn't be surprised if it's Jill from Resident Evil.

It's gonna be Lady from Devil May Cry with a Trish skin that when you die, every time, Dante screams, "LIIIIIGHT!"

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
If Deamon X Machina gets good reviews this pretty much seals the deal on the switch being the best console for Mecha fans

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Al-Saqr posted:

Mecha fans

Anything above a 70 would be enough really

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I do not think it will. It was unfixable imo. They'd have to release a demo that really wowed me in the opposite direction to even consider it.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.

I do not think it will. It was unfixable imo. They'd have to release a demo that really wowed me in the opposite direction to even consider it.

they made a big video where they took everyones input and fixed alot of stuff:-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KxwUByr7woc

unless you're talking about the core gameplay?

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
any good tower defense games on the Switch? I liked the old warcraft TD games where you had to build a maze to divert the mobs and make them take as long as possible. I played Sanctum on steam many many years ago but haven't seen poo poo since in the genre

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Gay Horney posted:

any good tower defense games on the Switch? I liked the old warcraft TD games where you had to build a maze to divert the mobs and make them take as long as possible. I played Sanctum on steam many many years ago but haven't seen poo poo since in the genre

Holy poo poo this just reminded me how much I loved tower defense maps on Starcraft.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

Al-Saqr posted:

I still don’t know what is the core gameplay. Still holding onto a voucher until I can see more.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

8-bit Miniboss posted:

Stayed up last night to finish XBC2: Torna - The Golden Country. My god it’s amazing. Daresay I like the cast more than the base game save Nia.

Anyways, now I can play Astral Chain with a clear conscience.

Are you saying that Nia is the best? Because I agree.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

Takoluka posted:

Are you saying that Nia is the best? Because I agree.

Yes.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Mahoning posted:

The only Blizzard I want is the Peanut Butter Pie Blizzard with Snickers®, available for a limited time at Dairy Queen.

Oreo Cookie might be a bit of a boring option, but it's definitely the best Blizzard.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

I wonder if we'll see Overwatch amiibo that'll give random worthless loot; hell they could lootbox the amiibo and package them in blind boxes so you can lootbox your lootbox.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

sigher posted:

I wonder if we'll see Overwatch amiibo that'll give random worthless loot;

How would that be different from all current Amiibo?

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Al-Saqr posted:

It all looks pretty much the same as it did before imo

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

My kid loved watching me play the dragon Quest 11 demo, do any of the 3ds ones have similarly easy accessibility? He can read most of it, voice acting would help though. And if you can automate battles in any of them that would rule

8 with the caveat that it's much harder than 11. Probably closer to 11 with the hard monsters mode on.
So uh yeah automated battles aren't really an option there maybe when he's a bit older I guess?

A Sometimes Food fucked around with this message at 21:07 on Aug 27, 2019

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

A Sometimes Food posted:

8 with the caveat that it's much harder than 11. Probably closer to 11 with the hard monsters mode on.
So uh yeah automated battles aren't really an option there maybe when he's a bit older I guess?
I thought DQ8 was on vanilla DS, or did they re-release on 3DS?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

It was never on the DS. Just PS2 and 3DS. You might be thinking of DQ9, which was a DS exclusive.

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!
How the hell has Three Houses been such a cakewalk for the entire game, and now the final boss is absolutely wrecking me at every attempt?!?! I'm ready to shelve this game and prep for Astral Chain, but I'm so drat close I have to see it through.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Mega64 posted:

How would that be different from all current Amiibo?

I never said it would be?

When do pre-orders on the eShop go up because I still can't use a voucher or even order Luigi's Mansion 3.

jackhunter64
Aug 28, 2008

Keep it up son, take a look at what you could have won

Al-Saqr posted:

If Deamon X Machina gets good reviews this pretty much seals the deal on the switch being the best console for Mecha fans

What's the current state of Gundam fighter games these days? The last one I played was Gundam Vs Zeta on the Gamecube, I would love something like it on Switch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

The current one is Gundam Versus, it's a PS4 exclusive.