Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

Kamiyu is pro-trans rights, possibly also pro-drinking nail polish.

Update: actually pro-trance rights

https://twitter.com/zacyuki/status/1166389624421249024?s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

STAC Goat posted:

Its 2019 and its just normal now that I'll spend 2 days having conversations with random people that end with "No, I don't think dropping a nuke into a hurricane would be a good idea because I don't think thats how either of those things work and nukes kind of have a lot of bad environmental fallout so it seems bad to put that into the eye of a storm but I don't actually know anything about nukes or hurricanes so... no, I'm not saying it might make sense!"

Just tell them "well, if it doesn't work, now it's a radioactive hurricane and, uh, I don't think that ends well for anyone".

Chris James 2 posted:

Can't say we weren't warned about climate change

It's gotten to the point where when once it snows up here in New England and some chuddy jackass makes a crack about "global warming? How about that snow, ha ha!" I just respond with "y'know, it's odd, I hear that later and later every year."

Which is loving true, it used to snow two weeks before Christmas on the dot when I was a small, small Cameo, and now I'm lucky to see snowfall before Februrary (and lucky if it doesn't dump a foot or two like a week after Easter).

Weirdly that "lol it's snowing, owned libs" thing gets rarer and rarer to hear each year, I think even the dullards are starting to realize poo poo is really hosed

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

This is the most wholesome thing. I need to watch more Joshi

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Joshi is awesome. All those cool movez on the indies? Joshis did them first and it was cooler because SCREAMING is cool.

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007

STAC Goat posted:

Its 2019 and its just normal now that I'll spend 2 days having conversations with random people that end with "No, I don't think dropping a nuke into a hurricane would be a good idea because I don't think thats how either of those things work and nukes kind of have a lot of bad environmental fallout so it seems bad to put that into the eye of a storm but I don't actually know anything about nukes or hurricanes so... no, I'm not saying it might make sense!"

fallout plus tradewinds equals complete global irradiation. it doesn't even take that much but a nuke does more than enough.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

AkumaHokoru posted:

fallout plus tradewinds equals complete global irradiation. it doesn't even take that much but a nuke does more than enough.

There was a pretty good novelization of what would happen if a limited exchange between 1980s ICBMs would be like and the outcome was pretty grim. Economies wrecked, governments shattered, ecology capping human growth back to 1300s levels.

Nukes are bad. Real loving bad. There's no point in owning a weapon that owns you.

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007

coconono posted:

There was a pretty good novelization of what would happen if a limited exchange between 1980s ICBMs would be like and the outcome was pretty grim. Economies wrecked, governments shattered, ecology capping human growth back to 1300s levels.

Nukes are bad. Real loving bad. There's no point in owning a weapon that owns you.

keep in mind there are idiots who suggest nuking hurricanes every hurricane season. people would die very very quickly. if not from the fallout from the lack of food/drinkable water.

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.

coconono posted:

Joshi is awesome. All those cool movez on the indies? Joshis did them first and it was cooler because SCREAMING is cool.

don't let will ospreay see this post or he'll go back to screaming when he sells instead of his weird grunting and frankly i think we're currently dealing with a lesser evil so let's keep it that way

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

It always blows me away that Ospreay is as good as he is when 3 years ago he thought selling meant "Scream like your legs just got blown off by a grenade"

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Ospreay is an insane physical specimen. I'm not surprised he struggled with selling because he probably doesn't mind pain that much to begin with.

purkey
Dec 5, 2003

I hate the 90s

Gumball Gumption posted:

It always blows me away that Ospreay is as good as he is when 3 years ago he thought selling meant "Scream like your legs just got blown off by a grenade"

I have to see this. Know of any good examples I can watch?

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

purkey posted:

I have to see this. Know of any good examples I can watch?

Ospreay vs Kushida in their first/second meetings in NJPW. KUSHIDA goes after Ospreay's hand and Willy boy screams like he needed those parts.

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo

coconono posted:

Ospreay is an insane physical specimen. I'm not surprised he struggled with selling because he probably doesn't mind pain that much to begin with.

Maybe he's just too dumb to feel pain. A couple of years ago he listed all the things that were wrong with him at the time and it was a long list of bad injuries.

brian
Sep 11, 2001
I obtained this title through beard tax.

ospreay sucks sorry guys

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Nah, he's really good now. He used to suck for really dumb reasons. He probably doesn't know how to feel pain because he's too dumb to feel it.

brian
Sep 11, 2001
I obtained this title through beard tax.

he's the johnny gargano of njpw

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

MrBling posted:

Maybe he's just too dumb to feel pain. A couple of years ago he listed all the things that were wrong with him at the time and it was a long list of bad injuries.

He's real fuckin dumb. I think that's why women think he's so hot. A bimbo with a dick, if you will.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

A himbo

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

that works much better, thank you.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
https://twitter.com/allan_cheapshot/status/768733238315642880

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
If you didn't meet or watch them on the indies. They two of the absolutely nicest wrestlers the World over.

https://twitter.com/RachaelEversWWE/status/1166445682753978369

There injures came just as Dakota Kia and Tegan Nox are getting cleared. It never ends.

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Brasky used to ride upon a steed, perchance to spy a lady.

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

pro-trans rights

:hmmyes:

quote:

pro-trance rights

:hmmyes::hmmyes:

quote:

pro-drinking nail polish

:hmmyes::hmmyes::hmmyes:

Power Windows fucked around with this message at 22:36 on Aug 27, 2019

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
No idea what Trev tried to say there

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Brasky used to ride upon a steed, perchance to spy a lady.

ICHIBAHN posted:

NXT hates women's knees

lost my old email
Jun 20, 2019

ICHIBAHN posted:

he likes the wrestlers (those two wrestlers in particular). also wrestlers get injured frequently, in general

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

rovert posted:

If you didn't meet or watch them on the indies. They are of two of the absolute nicest wrestlers the World over.

https://twitter.com/RachaelEversWWE/status/1166445682753978369

Their injuries came just as Dakota Kia and Tegan Nox are getting cleared. It never ends.

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

For future reference of clarity of communication, it's because your post left an unclear potential implication that NXT is dangerous, or unlucky, or pro wrestling in general is dangerous. What did you mean by "it never ends"?

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

wrestling injuries never end chrissakes leave it alone

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

trainees keep getting hurt at the performance center, especially the women. there is a problem with the system in place there. that's what rov is saying without saying it

lost my old email
Jun 20, 2019

a single tear rolls down triple h's face as he commands his young wards to perform 5,000 burpees. norman smiley steps forward as if to stop this wanton destruction of knee cartilage but hunter catches him by the shoulder. "no..." he says weakly, "it is the only way"

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Wazzu posted:

For future reference of clarity of communication, it's because your post left an unclear potential implication that NXT is dangerous, or unlucky, or pro wrestling in general is dangerous. What did you mean by "it never ends"?

Seriously dude.

STONE COLD 64 posted:

trainees keep getting hurt at the performance center, especially the women. there is a problem with the system in place there. that's what rov is saying without saying it

Also, there's been a lot of writing this Summer in broadsheet newspapers focused on the Menstrual cycle being a significant factor in female athlete ACL injuries.

lost my old email
Jun 20, 2019

rovert posted:

Also, there's been a lot of writing this Summer in broadsheet newspapers focused on the Menstrual cycle being a significant factor in female athlete ACL injuries.

rovert my friend you are being peculiar is everything alright?

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

lost my old email posted:

rovert my friend you are being peculiar is everything alright?

If I was I'd include Kavita Devi's recent knee injury too

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012
https://twitter.com/ytr_chaos/status/1165580523617452032?s=21

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/WWECesaro/status/1166472765727264769

lost my old email
Jun 20, 2019

a gala apple wtf cesaro?

i mean... it's fine. but it's just fine. it is fine

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin
Well the focus on power lifting in the Performance Center along with stupid drills over and over are doing no one’s bodies any good.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

lost my old email posted:

a gala apple wtf cesaro?

i mean... it's fine. but it's just fine. it is fine

You don't remember Cesaro smashing his front teeth on the ringpost?

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon

rovert posted:

gala apples suck, why did you say you like them so much

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lost my old email
Jun 20, 2019

rovert posted:

i do not watch the wwe