Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

big trivia FAIL
May 9, 2003

"Jorge wants to be hardcore,
but his mom won't let him"

i buy these things

theyre pretty good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

Relayer posted:

That sodastream thing sucks dogshit. I had one and always made a huge mess, and the resulting drink was like if you opened a can of pepsi and let it sit out for 2 hours. One time I also cut myself, somehow.

retard spotted, outsmarted by the soda machine lol

nishi koichi
Feb 16, 2007

everyone feels that way and gives up.
that's how they get away with it.

Relayer posted:

That sodastream thing sucks dogshit. I had one and always made a huge mess, and the resulting drink was like if you opened a can of pepsi and let it sit out for 2 hours. One time I also cut myself, somehow.

how can you post from the black and white infomercial dimension

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Relayer posted:

THANKS OBAMA

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
never been a seltzer water dude don't think I ever will I just drink tap water which at least where I live in Canada is really good.

I went to Europe one time and when I was in germany they looked personally offended I wanted still water like what the gently caress it's 30C out and they have an obsession with seltzer water, that poo poo ain't thirst quenching you loving boring rear end germans

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

bad posts ahead!!! posted:

how can you post from the black and white infomercial dimension

this is much better burn than mine

Kak
Sep 27, 2002
i had a can of perrier lime and it tastes like a skunk farted in my water. how does anyone enjoy this poo poo

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Spindrift Orange-Mango purchased, will post trip report in a few hours after dinner.

pork steaks
May 30, 2017

a lovely boy
I had a can of peach bubbly one time and it was alright but I think it would have been better if it was cold

bomb
Nov 3, 2005

whole foods has a really good soda water its in glass bottles and its like $1.50

Chunderstorm
May 9, 2010

legs crossed like a buddhist
smokin' buddha
angry tuna
as an austinite i'm obligated to respond topo chico, but i stand by it

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018
Spindrift actually tastes like fruit

Aishlinn
Mar 31, 2011

This might hurt a bit..

Giant's store brand seltzer is actually pretty good. The lime seltzer tastes almost like soda to me. the grapefruit is pretty good too. La croix is poo poo, tastes so bad.

Damo
Nov 8, 2002

The second-generation Pontiac Sunbird, introduced by the automaker for the 1982 model year as the J2000, was built to be an inexpensive and fuel-efficient front-wheel-drive commuter car capable of seating five.

Offensive Clock
the only ones i like are the unflavored poo poo you can get delivered in reusable seltzer bottles

there is one place i used to get it delivered from. i forgot the company name. it was really good

Teabag Dome Scandal
Mar 19, 2002

Spindrift is really good but I like just plain sparkling water with a squeeze or two of a lime if I'm feeling fancy and a packet or two of Simply Lime if I'm feeling lazy and don't have any fresh limes.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Teabag Dome Scandal posted:

a packet of Simply Lime

buh?

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G
We have some New York Seltzer but it's not as good as it once was.

It's because I found beer and wine since then.

beep-beep car is go
Apr 11, 2005

I can just eyeball this, right?

Haters. Gonna. Hate.

I’ve been drinking seltzer since I gave up soda in like 2005. It took about 3 months to get used to the lack of sugar, but now even a sip of sugar soda makes my teeth hurt and my mouth feel coated. I stick to citrus flavors, they seem to work the best.

Teabag Dome Scandal
Mar 19, 2002

Sorry!! True Lime!

Edgar Allan Pwned
Apr 4, 2011

Quoth the Raven "I love the power glove. It's so bad..."

big trivia FAIL posted:

i buy these things

theyre pretty good

YES THIS

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Plain tastes the best op. Max bubbles for a crisp cut on first swig

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Lacroix is basically flat water

its bad

von Braun
Oct 30, 2009

Broder Daniel Forever
borjomi

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest
raspberry lime spindrift has the pleasing flavour

Spins
Feb 26, 2016

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Relayer posted:

Lol :haw:

Relayer
Sep 18, 2002

Nooner posted:

gently caress you nooner.. gently caress! God drat poo poo flips table etc..

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Spindrift is the only one I like for reasons mentioned earlier, but it is overpriced. Here in MN I've seen it at Target and CVS.

I tend to drink herbal tea instead though. Much cheaper if you buy it loose leaf.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost

Statutory Ape posted:

Lol we got a masshole here

vermontole, thankfully

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH
Unflavored, twist of lime optional, on ice

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
coors makes the best carbonated water

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Spindrift definitely has more flavor than anything else I've tried. I think I might like it after a few more.

marijuanamancer
Sep 11, 2001

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
buy flavorless carbonated water and berries or other fruit you like and muddle it in when you pour some. like a mixed drink without the booze. you can buy just a ton of flavorless carbonated water or get a kegerator to make your own (helps if you also brew)

Metaline
Aug 20, 2003

pork steaks posted:

I had a can of peach bubbly one time and it was alright but I think it would have been better if it was cold

Oh god. Seltzer is my favourite non-alcoholic beverage but it becomes completely undrinkable if it isn’t cold.

nut
Jul 30, 2019

i like drinking mango la croix it reminds me of simpler times in the hot summer sitting on the jamaican beach watching the waves and getting my bowl cut beaded up by a big woman

Kazak
Jan 10, 2012

gary oldmans diary posted:

coors makes the best carbonated water

Banquet in a can

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
the best part of waking up
is seltzer in your cup

kazr
Jan 28, 2005

Whatever the cheapest store brand seltzer you can find

Lime. Alternatively: lemon.

MullardEL34
Sep 30, 2008

Basking in the cathode glow

Nooner posted:

Seriously, just get a Sodastream and a paintball tank adapter and a couple of 12oz paintball tanks. You can get them filled at any paintball place or sporting goods store for a couple of bucks while the genuine Sodastream Co2 cylinder costs like $16 here to exchange for a full one, and only one Walmart in my area even stocks them. I paid for the tanks and adapter in less than a month. Also there is no such thing as food grade Co2, Sodastream just uses that to scare people. I quit drinking canned soda at home entirely and just drink Sodastream seltzer with some lime juice twisted in. Sometimes I use homemade lemonade syrup to make fizzy Arnold Palmers with fresh brewed iced tea.

Relayer posted:

You need to use chilled water and add the syrup after you carbonate it. Basically read the drat directions and you'll be fine.

MullardEL34 fucked around with this message at 03:36 on Aug 28, 2019

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

The Walrus posted:

you also can't go wrong with perrier or san pell, or anything else french or italian really
I've drinken a lot of carbonated water in my life and actively drink way more than is probably healthy, but Perrier or San Pell is just label and there's no real difference between then and most other brands. Paying more for no reason. My favorite, because it's cheap, is just a Costco Pallete of Crystal Geyser plain. The Kirkland Sparkling Water in bottles is also good. Avoid the CG flavored ones, they suck rear end. It's almost amazing just how actively bad a lot of the pre-2010s flavored sparkling water is.

People said Spindrift and Waterloo, and I'll second those. If you want flavored carbonated water, those are my go-to hands-down. La Croix is very iffy, their really basic flavors are utterly bad, the Berry/Passionfruit is alright; however, their best flavors are the ones in the smaller cans like Kiwi Cucumber/Watermelon Lime/etc. Still, better off getting Spindrift or Waterloo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

:coolfish:

:coolfish:

Private Cumshoe posted:

Unflavored, twist of lime optional, on ice

Not :emptyquote:

No "essence" or "fruit flavor" will come close to a freshly squeezed lime dropped into your iced seltzer/sparkling water.

The San Pellegrino Essenza thin cans are pretty tasty by themselves, and pretty flavorful to boot. Just put some lime in it.

I guess some people think it's weird to put lime juice into lime seltzer?

big trivia FAIL posted:

i buy these things

theyre pretty good

I stood there in the aisle at my local King Soops for a couple minutes wondering if any of these would actually be decent and couldn't commit to a 12 pack without any kind of taste or recommendation. Have you tried the cola or whatever the other flavors are? I'll probably scoop up one of the Dr. Pep and give it a whirl tomorrow.

BaconCopter fucked around with this message at 03:55 on Aug 28, 2019