Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

I don't know what this thing is, and I don't care. I'm just tired of seeing your stupid newbie av from 2011.
I'm fortunate enough to live relatively close to Easton Town Center in Ohio, its a great outdoor mall with a decent sized traditional indoor mall as well. Love going there just to browse and/or eat.

Sidenote, I used to like reading The Wirecutter for reviews of stuff. But I feel like in the past couple of years I find myself ignoring their recs because it feels like they just use random expensive stuff. Case in point, their sheet recommendation is a $200 set. Not to say its all bad, plenty of good reviews still on there, but plenty of others I'd just balk at

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
I feel they often order 5 kinds of something off of Amazon and pick the best one based on a couple hours of testing.

Toebone
Jul 1, 2002

Start remembering what you hear.
I used to like the Wirecutter too and will usually at least check them out when I'm buying something, but it really does feel like they've gotten weird. Last year's holiday gift guide had some real great picks, like the $150 yellow drawstring pants, or the $125 plastic stool.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

I was already laughing about Halloween candy being out two weeks ago, but y'all wanna see some truly desperate poo poo?

If Christmas this year goes badly, big boxes are going to fall like dominoes.

Killer-of-Lawyers
Apr 22, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020
Is that your picture? Those sidekicks look distinctly walmart, but those peg lables are years old for a walmart.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Yep. Taken yesterday.

Killer-of-Lawyers
Apr 22, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020
Jeeze. I wonder if its leftovers or what. Maybe even a vendor, that looks like its by celebration and the gift cards.

Thankfully nothing has shown up here yet. Well, nothing christmas branded.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Same Hallmark display they've had out every year for the last five, but those are definitely 2019 ornaments.

Cheesus
Oct 17, 2002

Let us retract the foreskin of ignorance and apply the wirebrush of enlightenment.
Yam Slacker
Is it Wal-mart or a Hallmark?

I remember being shocked in 1998 that a stand-alone Hallmark store was putting out Christmas stuff at around this same exact time.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
And I've actually been glad that Australian stores have been pushing Halloween because it leaves a buffer before they fill up with Christmas junk.

RuanGacho
Jun 20, 2002

"You're gunna break it!"

Plucky little Australia unable to resist the siren call of over produced candy corn and sexy nurse costumes.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Look man, it gets the kids to actually go outside and the weather's great. And the lovely American candy can't compete with our preferences.

The only hard part is deciding when to start and stop, since the sun sets at like 9 PM.

sauer kraut
Oct 2, 2004

Liquid Communism posted:

I was already laughing about Halloween candy being out two weeks ago, but y'all wanna see some truly desperate poo poo?

That is the saddest toy section I've ever seen :smith:

Hungry
Jul 14, 2006

Meanwhile my local Costco is selling life-size poseable skeletons with glow in the dark eyes for about $40, and that is some early Halloween junk I can support.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Hungry posted:

Meanwhile my local Costco is selling life-size poseable skeletons with glow in the dark eyes for about $40, and that is some early Halloween junk I can support.

That’s not merchandise, those are people who got lost inside Costco and died.

BrokenGameboy
Jan 25, 2019

by Fluffdaddy
Even in death, you to can support number.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

sauer kraut posted:

That is the saddest toy section I've ever seen :smith:

It's a rack of christmas ornaments.

The toy selection is like eight isles of terrible plastic crap on the other side of the store.

sauer kraut
Oct 2, 2004

Liquid Communism posted:

The toy selection is like eight isles of terrible plastic crap on the other side of the store.

Ohh, oh no :stonkhat:

BarbarianElephant
Feb 12, 2015
The fairy of forgiveness has removed your red text.

Liquid Communism posted:

I think the Republican party should have a word with them about the War on Christmas then, because there's a distinct lack of angels, stars and baby Jesuses. Just looks like a lot of cheap toys.

Sundae
Dec 1, 2005

Liquid Communism posted:

I'm the Hallmark-branded, Harry Potter-themed, FunkoPop-styled, mass-produced Christmas ornament on sale in August.

Nothing says "Christmas Tradition" like cheap plastic.

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

Sundae posted:

I'm the Hallmark-branded, Harry Potter-themed, FunkoPop-styled, mass-produced Christmas ornament on sale in August.

Nothing says "Christmas Tradition" like cheap plastic.

I'm the rainbow poo emoji for 7.97 because Jesus loves us.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Hungry posted:

So how many did you buy?

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Baronjutter posted:

They don't have big ol' pipes under the roads for that? I never quite understood why a lot of super suburban areas have these gross ponds all over the place, is that to save money vs having a proper storm water system?

When you build new impervious areas and pipe all the rainwater somewhere else, a bunch of water that would normally infiltrate & refill the aquifer... doesn’t.

That’s one reason why that city in India, Chennai, has no drinking water. Years back, someone build a million+ square foot industrial park over a natural low spot in the city, where the soil infiltrated water really well. Kinda like the Katy Prairie near Houston, which is now ~70% paved-over.

So now they have a “proper” storm water system, which increases peak flows downstream (since the water is being transported much faster now), and doesn’t let any water infiltrate.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Liquid Communism posted:

Disney'sObligationToRaiseShareholderValueAtAllCosts.jpg

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

THIS BADGE OF SHAME IS WORTH 0.45 DOUBLE DRAGON ADVANCES

:dogout:
of SA-Mart forever
The "festive season" gets earlier and earlier every year. I suppose that the official start date is now 1 November, but the introduction of the merchandise push is going to keep creeping up.

I'm both happy and fortunate to have a job that allows me to, during the height of the season from about mid-December until a week after New Year's, gently caress off and pretend that it doesn't exist.

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

It's not retail, but the implosion of the oil and gas sector with a bunch of shotgun mergers and bankruptcies is pretty nice.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
https://www.gamespot.com/articles/loot-crate-the-curated-pop-culture-subscription-se/1100-6469134/

Looks like the subscription box model is failing.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

But what about my million sub-crates?

RuanGacho
Jun 20, 2002

"You're gunna break it!"

They owe $20 million in backorders lmao.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:
That's a lot of leftover stickers from trade shows :lol:

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

employees were given a box and told to drop it off at the post office on their way home

cold

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC
https://www.gamespot.com/articles/over-100-gamestop-employees-laid-off-including-mem/1100-6469270/

GameSpot laid off 120 from its corporate staff. Which is about 14% of the total and a third of it's Game Informer editors.

SCheeseman
Apr 23, 2003

GameStop

90s Solo Cup
Feb 22, 2011

To understand the cup
He must become the cup

GameOver

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

Hungry posted:

Costco's seasonal stuff always begins and ends early though so they're not a good judge. I worked there for peak once and customers were always shocked that we stopped selling Christmas stuff about a week before.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Makes sense. Gotta get those New Years decorations in so you can switch the theme immediately after presents are opened.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Obviously you just dress the skeletons up in Christmas costumes.

Paul.Power
Feb 7, 2009

The three roles of APCs:
Transports.
Supply trucks.
Distractions.

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Obviously you just dress the skeletons up in Christmas costumes.
Ho. Ho. Ho.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
What do you people think about something like a pharmacy? It has a more fundamental reason to exist than a department store.. but.. landscape still changing