Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?

Strangler 42 posted:

Isn't this the dick pick guy? or am I thinking of a different Wulf?

I think it's the same guy. He doesn't take victory laps, though, he just demands victory lap dances.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer

trucutru posted:

And the have much better dinner events

My kitchen arguably has much better dinner events, because you won't be sharing it with a few dozen Star Citizen whales.

Colostomy Bag posted:

Probably on the Forbes payroll. Kayak was just an elaborate ruse.

Or Kayak has been on the Forbes payroll this whole time. Makes you think :tinfoil:

Loxbourne
Apr 6, 2011

Tomorrow, doom!
But now, tea.

Scruffpuff posted:

I think it's the same guy. He doesn't take victory laps, though, he just demands victory lap dances.

It's him, but this isn't new. That message of his dates back to one of the CitCons in 2016, I think. The one Derek ended up livestreaming as the wheels came off the space truck.

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

I've just glad we've reached the stage of "CIG does something, games media (and most of the rest of the community) laughs." CI not G is completely toothless now, and the backers are now in a shrinking minority position. There were times I thought we'd never get here. It's still agonizingly slow, though.

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

https://twitter.com/RobertsSpaceInd/status/1166457973427732481

:airquote: Synergy :airquote:

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

What is "won" anyway?

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Daztek posted:

I can't believe Beet is the one who destroyed Star Citizen in the end and not Derek

Ironic how some individuals on the SC subreddit have been considering Beet a big baddie against their little bubble for so long and now he kind of is. :D

Beet Wagon posted:

This video is incredibly tedious and dumb so don't watch it, but it turns out if your friend lands his space ship on your 890 jump, you can sell *his* cargo and get paid for it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DpM9QCtLhLM

I guess maybe this is intended as the first iteration of player to player trading, but as it stands right now it means that uhhhhh you can steal from your friends without them being able to stop you lol

:lol:

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

You clearly don't understand game development
https://twitter.com/dsmart/status/1166427444162760707

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gUICmoyfSRA

Double Agent
Mar 28, 2005

Maybe we're not just a bunch of frak-ups after all.
Tane

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

"Various types of gameplay loops" tickled me.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
Still working on getting server uptimes to better than a full day, lol

stinch
Nov 21, 2013

Contingency posted:

They're actually rated 3 stars on Yelp. The reviews in German dunk on them for pages.

Let me put it to you this way: you're paying Olive Garden prices for mediocre food, crammed in like cattle, and the people around you don't know good food, but think the whole shebang is classy. That's Olive Garden in a nutshell. For 30 Euros a plate more, they could have taken them to a decent steakhouse. But hey, maybe the venue was worth it over shooting eyedaggers all dinner at the guy who managed to score two pieces of garlic bread.

if you have enough people and are not closing the whole restaurant it can be difficult. a lot of places can't produce enough food all at the same time. so you end up with tables finishing before others have had their starters. that's going to be a pretty big problem for this sort of event full of idiots that want to feel special and get close to the devs and don't really care that much about the food

Virtual Captain
Feb 20, 2017

Archive Priest of the Stimperial Order

Star Citizen Good, in all things forevermore. Amen.
:pray:
https://twitter.com/VirtualCapt/status/1166509762982187008

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

Minelayer success

Average server-uptime of half a day? :tif:

Grubby Hobo
Feb 13, 2018

There's something else about bears not many people know. If a bear gets hooked on the taste of crowdfunding, it becomes a man-killer. He'll go on a rampage and has to be destroyed. And that's why you should never hug a bear.

Quavers posted:

Average server-uptime of half a day? :tif:

Yeah. If a server running my code in Production did that, I would commit seppuku in front of the Board of Directors.

Grubby Hobo
Feb 13, 2018

There's something else about bears not many people know. If a bear gets hooked on the taste of crowdfunding, it becomes a man-killer. He'll go on a rampage and has to be destroyed. And that's why you should never hug a bear.

stinch posted:

if you have enough people and are not closing the whole restaurant it can be difficult. a lot of places can't produce enough food all at the same time. so you end up with tables finishing before others have had their starters. that's going to be a pretty big problem for this sort of event full of idiots that want to feel special and get close to the devs and don't really care that much about the food

That's fair, but delivering bread and potatoes in sufficient quantities is not the hard part of that. On the other hand, it may be that the restaurant was just not used to dealing with people who could put away that much bread and potatoes.

Virtual Captain
Feb 20, 2017

Archive Priest of the Stimperial Order

Star Citizen Good, in all things forevermore. Amen.
:pray:
Daily restarts on servers is a totally normal thing for developers stuck in 1999

If CIg didn't claim to have 500 employees and millions of dollars for development I'd even say it was fine for a pre-alpha project.

Virtual Captain fucked around with this message at 02:14 on Aug 28, 2019

Contingency
Jun 2, 2007

MURDERER

stinch posted:

That's a good point. It's not uncommon to go to a restaurant and see tables reserved or a private event going on, but I've never really considered how many people can be served at once.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Virtual Captain posted:

Daily restarts on servers is a totally normal thing for developers stuck in 1999

If CIg didn't claim to have 500 employees and millions of dollars for development I'd even say it was fine for a pre-alpha project.

My plex server at home has been live for almost a year, lol I'm better at servers than a half billion dollar company

TheDarkFlame
May 4, 2013

You tell me I didn't build that?

I'll have you know I worked my fingers to the bone to get where I am today.

Grubby Hobo posted:

Yeah. If a server running my code in Production did that, I would commit seppuku in front of the Board of Directors.

I know employment law is... Different... in America, but surely contractural obligations only go so far.

One in the Bum
Apr 25, 2014

Hair Elf

Daztek posted:

I'm sure Croberts will release something called 1.0 or beta at some point

Star citizen aint no beta cuck sjw. Star citizen is pure alpha, all the way, 100%. Hoorah!

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

One in the Bum posted:

Star citizen aint no beta cuck sjw. Star citizen is pure alpha, all the way, 100%. Hoorah!

Dude, Its pre-alpha.

Grubby Hobo
Feb 13, 2018

TheDarkFlame posted:

I know employment law is... Different... in America, but surely contractural obligations only go so far.

You...don't have a death clause in your Service Level Agreement?

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

Star Citizer : The great potato famine of 2949

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

stinch posted:

You saw the pic, right?

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
Tony Starch built Star Citizen in a cave with spare code recycled from other, better games.

Bob Socko
Feb 20, 2001

Hi, everyone. I know I don’t post here often, and that’s by design. But this is an emergency. One of my deep-cover shill accounts has been discovered. Specifically:

You must have a platinum account to view this content

What do I do? Wind things down gradually through the end of the year?

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

Bob Socko posted:

Hi, everyone. I know I don’t post here often, and that’s by design. But this is an emergency. One of my deep-cover shill accounts has been discovered. Specifically:

You must have a platinum account to view this content

What do I do? Wind things down gradually through the end of the year?

Have you thought about blogging? I heard July is a nice time of year. :wink:

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Ween

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

Meanwhile...

Looks like it's time to take a break, and come back in a few years :v:

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

Electr0freak has spent the last few weeks furiously corn cobbing for CIG, to the point where half the posts are just made up hypotheticals.

Sillybones
Aug 10, 2013

go away,
spooky skeleton,
go away
We'll work on it ... later.

One in the Bum
Apr 25, 2014

Hair Elf

Kosumo posted:

Dude, Its pre-alpha.

My bad, brah

ComfyPants
Mar 20, 2002

Kosumo posted:

What is "won" anyway?

The 2nd digit of the year Star Citizen will release.

reverend crabhands
Feb 3, 2016

Hi all,

Just want to say I am very much enjoying the Crobbler/gold top hat guy with short legs thing.

Also the whole scenario where it was high end eating with green sauce but "there was not enough potatoes for all" is very good.

colonelwest
Jun 30, 2018

Jonny Shiloh posted:

Yep, that's exactly how they all look mate, I'm sure your boss has been telling you that, instead of a pay rise he'll take you on a high end dinner, and I'm sure it looked just like this - fifteen years running of shuffling up on a bench and trying to get to the spuds before your greedy nerd neighbour does.

Keep on living high on the hog there feller.

At the real high end events they serve everyone from one long trough, or at least that’s what I’ve read in various high society magazines.

I went to a $150 per person political fundraiser dinner once when I was in college. I got in for free because a friend of mine was a local party apparatchik. It was held in a large ballroom and professional caterers setup stations around the room overflowing with all kinds of really great food and booze. I got pretty drunk and wound up talking to Dick Cheney about Middle Eastern politics.

Anyway, what I’m trying to say is that obviously Chris reserves only the best for his backers, and that Star Citizen is good.

Ledenko
Aug 10, 2012

Kosumo posted:

What is "won" anyway?

A Won is about how much I'd be willing to spend on SC, if I had any to spare.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

colonelwest
Jun 30, 2018

Scruffpuff posted:

Are you saying Olive Garden is not high end? Come on, man, I knew that place was swanky the second the waitress came up with a giant glass jug that looked like a repurposed moonshine jug from a Bugs Bunny cartoon asking WHO WANTS WINE.

I usually tilt my head back and ask them to just pour it straight into my mouth. But I’m a gentleman of class and refinement who owns thousands of dollars worth of pictures of video game spaceships.

colonelwest fucked around with this message at 09:16 on Aug 28, 2019