Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.
If Michael Christian actually loving suspends Lachie Neale I may have to start believing in some of Rabbits conspiracy bullshit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS
Sounds like the Hawks had a big one after the game on the weekend.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

cmndstab posted:

Total wet-leaf ending to our season, though. I had to go into work today and forgot the match was starting so early, and by the time I checked the scores we were already six goals down.

It was just announced, the long resisted external review has begun

cmndstab posted:

Cancel the finals series and bring on AFLW early, imo.

:hmmyes:

cmndstab
May 20, 2006

Huge Internet Celebrity!

NTRabbit posted:

It was just announced, the long resisted external review has begun

I really hope they actually do this properly, and implement the changes that are recommended. It was a bad look imo when Chapman came out early and said "we expect the external review will reaffirm Don Pyke's position as coach".

Like, sure, maybe you think that, but perhaps don't preempt the results of an external review? Now if they do actually decide that he needs to go, you look incompetent, and if they decide he should stay there are question marks over how much influence you had. Just say we're having an external review and all outcomes are on the table and we'll update you all once the review is completed.

I'm 99% sure that they will just find some random scapegoat to move on and little else will change. On the plus side, outside of AFLW almost every aspect of the club has problems so anything they change is likely to be an improvement, but still.

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

Just saw this

Paints an interesting picture along with Roughy's missus collecting a baggie on live TV

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

gay picnic defence posted:

Paints an interesting picture along with Roughy's missus collecting a baggie on live TV

Wait what

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

https://www.reddit.com/r/AFL/comments/cv4hwx/jarryd_rougheads_wife_picks_up_a_package_post/

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

I don't think it's nice, you laughing.

She literally has the camera right there on her, it will be something like a tampon, not a loving baggie lol.

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
It’s a tampon you morons

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003
A tampon full of coke!

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
Surely drinking it out of a bottle would be more efficient.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Hanging out in bathrooms? Seems normal for the Poos and Wees.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Guys, it's clearly ice for the kid.

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
Hey guys the dorks got on the gear on the weekend!!! Check it: *posts video of roughead’s wife getting something from a friend at marvel stadium two weeks ago*

monolithburger
Sep 7, 2011
St Kilda set for change as Jack Steven, Josh Bruce, Jake Carlisle near exit

:airquote: list revamp :airquote:

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Gold Coast Suns legend Shaun Burgoyne

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.
https://twitter.com/Ollie_Bayliss/status/1165915796998152192?s=20

Goalie is max Gawn

Teammate is the entire rest of the Melbourne football club for the last 55 years

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

As predicted by reputable journalists all year, Stephen Coniglio is returning to Melbourne to play for the has signed a 7 year deal to stay at the Giants

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

:qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq:
7 years is pretty nuts

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

NTRabbit posted:

As predicted by reputable journalists all year, Stephen Coniglio is returning to Melbourne to play for the has signed a 7 year deal to stay at the Giants

The Norf Effect strikes again.

Weird Sandwich
Dec 28, 2011

FIRE FIRE FIRE hehehehe!
More like the "AFL CEO pressuring him to stay" effect

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

Weird Sandwich posted:

More like the "AFL CEO pressuring him to stay" effect

Of course, I forgot about the undisclosed amounts being offered to be an ambassador.

I'd laugh if next year star GWS and GCS players all make noises about wanting to go home to Victoria (even when they're from SA or whatever) just to get a few of Gil's brown paper bags thrown their way.

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Kangaroos hate Hasselblads
Stephen Hill signed a new contract, hopefully he can talk his brother into staying.

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

:qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq:
Cognilio is a WA boy anyway and none of the WA clubs had been linked to him.

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

I don't think it's nice, you laughing.

The Carlisle stuff seems wildly silly to me. We dont have a player of his calibre waiting to play and no one is going to offer a pick good enough to compensate his best footy. Feels like vague rumours taken to gospel and no way are we getting rid of Bruce.

Steven I feel will likely move, his entire family is in Lorne now and his dad being sick and also being away from his kid are pretty big reasons. Otherwise he wouldnt even be in discussion.

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003

Nutsngum posted:

The Carlisle stuff seems wildly silly to me. We dont have a player of his calibre waiting to play and no one is going to offer a pick good enough to compensate his best footy. Feels like vague rumours taken to gospel and no way are we getting rid of Bruce.

Steven I feel will likely move, his entire family is in Lorne now and his dad being sick and also being away from his kid are pretty big reasons. Otherwise he wouldnt even be in discussion.

There's talk we are into Ryder so I don't see how that works if you want to play one of Marshal or Ryder up forward if we have Membrey, Bruce and King. Of those players Bruce is clearly the most expendable. If the Dogs want to give us something good for him I'd be willing to listen.

No idea with CArlisle, it sounds unlikely but who knows.

Jack Newnes has to be gone imo. Mainly cause I'm sick of seeing him not improve.

cmndstab
May 20, 2006

Huge Internet Celebrity!

Solemn Sloth posted:

Goalie is max Gawn

Teammate is the entire rest of the Melbourne football club for the last 55 years

I'm genuinely stumped trying to work out what the teammate was trying to do. It looks like he came in with the sole purpose of scoring an own goal.

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe

Solemn Sloth posted:

Goalie is max Gawn

Hahaha oh my god

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

so imagine that you're a defender and there are like four attackers converging on you as you play the ball

you need to send it out of bounds, concede a corner, quickly, before they score a goal despite the save

the problem is, nobody on the other team cared enough to run with him so he ends up scoring a wondergoal with nobody inside 10 ft of him

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

cmndstab posted:

I'm genuinely stumped trying to work out what the teammate was trying to do. It looks like he came in with the sole purpose of scoring an own goal.

Maybe a celebratory "boot the ball up and out as far as possible so the other team cant come score off it"?

cmndstab
May 20, 2006

Huge Internet Celebrity!
Of course, trying to put it out of bounds afterwards. Makes sense! I was just watching it thinking "is he trying to kick it the other way? Because I can't see how he could possibly have been trying to do that from that angle", haha.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

It was still a pretty stupid move - he was conceding a corner when he could've easily turned and just conceded a throw-in instead. Must have panicked.

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

Let me start off with a basket of chips. Then move on to the pollo asado taco.
Sometimes I think "the perception of my club is kind of off, we aren't all weird cult members who hero worship" - just like how I'm sure all Richmond fans hate believing their fanbase is batshit insane, collingwood's are all feral bogans etc ... but then you come across people on twitter with this as their profile picture

And you think, yeah, sterotypes are deserved.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

someone has clearly put a lot of time into that as well.

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Let's get a little crazy. Let's have some fun.

thepokey posted:

Sometimes I think "the perception of my club is kind of off, we aren't all weird cult members who hero worship" - just like how I'm sure all Richmond fans hate believing their fanbase is batshit insane, collingwood's are all feral bogans etc ... but then you come across people on twitter with this as their profile picture

And you think, yeah, sterotypes are deserved.
We all have our crosses to bear. Ours is Jeff.

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

MysticalMachineGun posted:

It was still a pretty stupid move - he was conceding a corner when he could've easily turned and just conceded a throw-in instead. Must have panicked.

I have seen a lot of people try to do this and instead give it to the other team. Sometimes, conceding a corner is a good move.

Of course, as noted, on this occasion the player actually didn't have a bunch of opposition players competing for the ball with him.

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

Don't be surprised if Daniher is at the Swans next year, there's apparently a fair bit more to those stories than just idle media speculation.

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Kangaroos hate Hasselblads
Bradley Hill on the way out, lots of pissed off Freo fans now that they've found out his contract was front loaded. Interesting to see who he goes to and what we get for him.

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.

MysticalMachineGun posted:

When facing your own goal, conceding a corner is the standard move.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

Let me start off with a basket of chips. Then move on to the pollo asado taco.

gay picnic defence posted:

Don't be surprised if Daniher is at the Swans next year, there's apparently a fair bit more to those stories than just idle media speculation.

More to the story than a mentor coffee catchup witH Harley?