Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Raptor1033 posted:

Whatever duuuuuuuuuuuuuuude just fuckin play while counters do their thing. Pretty loose definition of predatory. Particularly when there's already a history of them realizing when something is actually predatory and removing it.

So they do nothing to serve the gameplay, and in fact prevent you from having gameplay, and the concept of in-game currency helps to trick the monkey brain into believing that you're not spending real money so it obscures the real cost of your actions, soooo...

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

Foundry timers are a completely inexcusable and stupid aspect of the game (although no doubt half a dozen people will jump in to defend them as soon as I say this).

In summation: timers are bad and serve only to increase the profitability from suckers and literal children. Warframe is still good and DE is heads and shoulders above the other freemium experiences, but seeing that a sweet new warframe won't be complete until after my days off are done is disheartening, and while I don't mind throwing money at DE to avoid having to re-do awful fights like Jordas or Mutalist Alad V in order to get an awesome 'frame to treat myself, I can't bring myself to spend platinum to remove an artificial abstraction like a timer when I know there's no justifiable reason for its existence.

On that note, gently caress Defection missions forever, the stuff I want never drops and it's an aggravating mode that nobody ever wants to play.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
The foundry Timers are a serious early game bottleneck, but are meaningless at later ranks. I can definately see the frustration at rank 0-5 when you have to wait for a new gun, especially when your options are the Braton and the Burston.

I also just managed to trade Synth Fiber for an Arca Plasmor Riven, It was kind of a meh Riven, but I have 125K Kuva, so gently caress it.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

Screaming Idiot posted:

Agreed. They're one of the few things I think is absolutely predatory on the part of DE.

Equating build time with a phone game's you can't play more today unless you pay mechanics is fairly disingenuous. You don't need that new weapon/frame to play the game. Having it now instead of in three days doesn't help you with some sort of competition, nor does rushing confer any special benefit for being a microtransaction. The only carrot dangling on a stick is waiting, and the waiting quickly becomes meaningless as you have far more things building than you have time to level.

Raptor1033 posted:

I was gonna ask what ya'lls Octavia builds are now that I have a fun song but we may be past that now

It depends on what you're doing with her. Bigtime Duration (220+) either way, but then you get to pick either Range or Strength. Range will capture enormous areas (see: Nidus farming) but strength will let your ball roll around and annihilate everything. Unless I'm specifically doing a wide-open defense/interception missing I err on the side of Strength.

Apropos of nothing, the absolute best thing about coming up on the end of focus is being able to play frames like Octavia and Nidus who don't have a lense.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
If DE really insists that foundry timers need to exist, they could at least drop the 24h construction timers down to say 20h, or even 18h. That way, when you're done with a play session, and are flush with materials, you can drop them into the oven, and the guns will be ready for you to play with at the start of the next session.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
I would love to see not exactly 24h increments, yes. It's a real pain in the rear end for forma or anything else you are probably building multiples of in sequence. queuing would also solve this problem but I know they want people to keep logging in so a 20h timer would probably be a reasonable compromise.

12h weapons are basically 'next play session' anyway and that's fine also.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.
There's zero reason for build times except to nickel and dime plat. Yeah, it's not necessary to complete the game, but it's an annoyance designed purely to make money.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

throw all rewards into disruption.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

actually a random reward node where you get a completely random reward, even vaulted poo poo would be amazing

"holy poo poo we got excalibur prime"

Dreadwroth2
Feb 28, 2019

by Cyrano4747
Considering Lisette Prime is coming next unvaulting I wouldn't be surprised if Excal Prime is an option.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

excalibur prime will never be obtainable again

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

If you want Excal/Lato/Skana Prime you need to build a time-machine, go back a few years, and throw $150 at DE.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

or just buy a founders account :filez:

The Jumpoff
May 4, 2011
Your dad's in the Russian Mafia, that's the jumpoff!
As an Excal Prime haver, you're not missing much. Excal Umbra is better in every way unless you hate his passive

That being said, he makes a lovely frame for going to relays/trades and looking fancy. And i like having the profile icon.

I don't think i've seen a Lato/Skana prime since 2014 though.

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

Not mine, my buddy's

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Berke Negri posted:

yeah that is the worst thing ive ever read. i hate it.

is that how path of exile is because if so im never playing it

It is.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Phobophilia posted:

If DE really insists that foundry timers need to exist, they could at least drop the 24h construction timers down to say 20h, or even 18h. That way, when you're done with a play session, and are flush with materials, you can drop them into the oven, and the guns will be ready for you to play with at the start of the next session.

It should be six hours for weapons, potatoes and forma, 12 for frame parts and 24 for frames. Those are long enough to get people to log in tomorrow but no longer obnoxiously long.

Also Lato Prime looks sick and I want it. :(

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
Also could someone explain why youtubers insist that status effect shotguns need to hit 100% status chance before multishot I don’t get it.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

Phobophilia posted:

Also could someone explain why youtubers insist that status effect shotguns need to hit 100% status chance before multishot I don’t get it.

Less than 100% status: status % represents your overall chance to get any status proc at all

100% status: every single pellet is guaranteed to cause its own status proc

(there's some fuckery with multishot that can make this explanation slightly inaccurate but it still gets the general point across)

deeper / less lovely explanation here: https://www.reddit.com/r/Warframe/comments/6rkzyr/shotgun_status_you_why_its_important_to_give_100/

Hattie Masters
Aug 29, 2012

COMICS CRIMINAL
Grimey Drawer

Phobophilia posted:

If the status chance is below 100%, it gets spread out across the pellets. Once it hits 100%, the game goes "well okay you've earned this" and now every pellet causes status.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?
Multishot dicks with your numbers in the arsenal, which means you won't know if you *really* hit 100% until you remove multishot mods.

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013
I haven't really felt tempted to spend plat to rush Frames or Weapons?

Know what *has* tempted me every time?

The drat minute long wait for ciphers and pizzas.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
yeah at the start you should have enough fodder to build with credits, and free stuff from promotions to level

and after you get a few MR the clan stuff opens up and you should be farming and building for days to even think about rushing anything

Revelation 2-13
May 13, 2010

Pillbug

Phobophilia posted:

See the link posted below your post for the real explanation., but basically because of the way the math for status chance, multi shot buffs and multi pellets interact, 99% status chance on a shotty translates into approximate 33% of your pellets applying status, where as 100% status translates into 100% of the pellets applying status. It’s real dumb and should imo have been fixed ages ago to be more linear/reasonable (or exponential if they wanted to keep the ‘feel’ of higher status being much better), but now people are invested in how it functions and it does add like a weird quirk to the system that people like :shrug:

Travic
May 27, 2007

Getting nowhere fast
I really want the Liset Prime, but I don't want to lose my masterpiece of a landing craft.

Travic fucked around with this message at 14:00 on Aug 28, 2019

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Travic posted:

I really want the Liset Prime, but I don't want to lose my masterpiece of a landing craft.

:barf:

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great

Travic posted:

I begged pablo to bring that glitch back, told him i'd pay good plat for it

he said he hates it and will make sure it never returns. So use that knowledge wisely

Nickiepoo
Jun 24, 2013

Travic posted:

You have to keep this, I'm so sad that I missed it because 'throw all the paints on at once' is absolutely my jam.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

I've got one of those I quite like:

EDIT: it does really suck that if I ever change off this I can never go back, yeah

Zereth fucked around with this message at 19:59 on Aug 28, 2019

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

the 2 contest winning operator masks are supposedly coming in this update. finally time to be a norg

Travic
May 27, 2007

Getting nowhere fast

Nickiepoo posted:

You have to keep this, I'm so sad that I missed it because 'throw all the paints on at once' is absolutely my jam.

It was pure luck on my part. For whatever reason I decided to mess with the colors that day. Thanks voices in my head!

:thumbsup:

Zereth posted:

I've got one of those I quite like:

EDIT: it does really suck that if I ever change off this I can never go back, yeah

Oooooooo. I like that. Makes me want to design a Borg Liset. Can you change colors without losing the glitch?

I've only ever seen one other glitched Liset while playing.

Travic fucked around with this message at 20:52 on Aug 28, 2019

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Travic posted:

Oooooooo. I like that. Makes me want to design a Borg Liset. Can you change colors without losing the glitch?

I've only ever seen one other glitched Liset while playing.
Yeah, it's the skin I can't ever change. (mantis day of the dead, specifically.)

I'm guessing most people changed back to a real skin after the novelty wore off.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

ctrl+f "internationale"

no results

time to make a request

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

Dr Cheeto posted:

ctrl+f "internationale"

no results

time to make a request

hell yeah time for an endorsed goon Octavia song

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

Less than 100% status: status % represents your overall chance to get any status proc at all

100% status: every single pellet is guaranteed to cause its own status proc

(there's some fuckery with multishot that can make this explanation slightly inaccurate but it still gets the general point across)

deeper / less lovely explanation here: https://www.reddit.com/r/Warframe/comments/6rkzyr/shotgun_status_you_why_its_important_to_give_100/

Lmao. Okay. Maths doesn't work that way. These rules are nonsense.

Anyway, if each pellet has a 0.1 probability of proccing status, each pellet has a 0.9 prob of not proccing status. If you fire 10 pellets, the probability that none of them proc any status is 0.910 = 0.349. Meaning the chance you apply at least one status is 1 - 0.349 = 0.651. Not 0.1 * 10 = 1.

At least I'm pretty sure how maths actually works. I've not done if for a while. Basically this game overestimates your status chance percentage, and once it reachs that fake 100% status chance number, it cheats completely in your favor.

Phobophilia fucked around with this message at 23:14 on Aug 28, 2019

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

the way it was described to me is that "the math breaks at 100%"

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
lotus pops out of a cake dressed in a bikini and shouts Congratulations! when you hit 100% status chance pre-multishot and gives me a kiss

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Phobophilia posted:

Anyway, if each pellet has a 0.1 probability of proccing status, each pellet has a 0.9 prob of not proccing status. If you fire 10 pellets, the probability that none of them proc any status is 0.910 = 0.349. Meaning the chance you apply at least one status is 1 - 0.349 = 0.651. Not 0.1 * 9.

At least I'm pretty sure how maths actually works. I've not done if for a while. Basically this game overestimates your status chance percentage, but once it reachs that fake 100% status chance number, it cheats completely in your favor.

Yeah that is how math works- if your sheet status for a shotgun is 65% and it shoots 10 pellets, each has a 10% status chance so overall each click has a 65% chance of at least 1 status. Thing is at 100% status that means each pellet has 100% chance and well. Its basically just a stupid interaction with how it calculates and displays status. Thats also why "before multishot" is important- sheet status incorporates multishot

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
I've done some edits to my previous post because of some minor errors btw

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.
It may also amuse you to learn that critical hit chance can go above 100% and this has a very real and important effect on damage output.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Phobophilia posted:

Anyway, if each pellet has a 0.1 probability of proccing status, each pellet has a 0.9 prob of not proccing status. If you fire 10 pellets, the probability that none of them proc any status is 0.910 = 0.349. Meaning the chance you apply at least one status is 1 - 0.349 = 0.651. Not 0.1 * 10 = 1.
Correct, except what's shown in the arsenal is the 0.651 number, and the game works backwards along your chain of math to get to the "10% chance per pellet" number used when you actually shoot the hypothetical 10 pellets 65% chance shotgun.

EDIT: You can see how this has the effect at 100% status, too! The chance you apply at least one status is 1 - 0 = 1.0, which means there has to be a 0 percent chance that none of them proc a status.

Zereth fucked around with this message at 23:33 on Aug 28, 2019