Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

There's no need to rush to be an adult.

How...how did they get so many buffs on one person?

I don't think I've ever done that much damage in a single turn.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

serefin99
Apr 15, 2016

Mikoooon~
Your lovely shrine maiden fox wife, Tamamo no Mae, is here to help!

J.A.B.C. posted:

How...how did they get so many buffs on one person?

If I had to guess, plugsuit shenanigans.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

How limited am I going to be for doing things in Nerofest if my only max level servants are Caster Nero, Herc, Salter, Euryale, and Bunyan? :ohdear:

e: Also what does plugsuit refer to?

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Plugsuit is the Chaldea Combat Uniform. Nicknamed such for a passing resemblance.

And yes, you might not be able to do some of the challenge quests and you're obviously not gonna be able to farm nearly as hardcore as more established players.

That said, what you will be able to do will still be a great boost to your efforts to level up servants.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

i don't understand how plugsuit really enables this unless you just do a maximum of 4 buffs

Exia
Feb 12, 2014

Aurora posted:

i don't understand how plugsuit really enables this unless you just do a maximum of 4 buffs

Plugsuit allows you to swap a servant into the backrow. While in the backrow, the buffs on them don’t expire, so the idea is you do a lot of shenanigans to ensure the person is always able to get maximum buffs

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Aurora posted:

* Merlins Buff Attacker
    * Swap Attacker out, Bring in Arash
    * Stall until Plugsuit comes off cooldown
    * STELLA, Attacker comes in
    * Merlins Buff Attacker
    * Swap Attacker out
    * Plugsuit Attacker in
    * Merlins Buff Attacker
    * Spike a Volleyball into a kid's face for 4million damage.

Galaga Galaxian fucked around with this message at 07:34 on Aug 28, 2019

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

Galaga Galaxian posted:

* Merlins Buff Attacker
    * Merlins Buff Attacker
    * Swap Attacker out
    * Plugsuit Attacker in
    * Merlins Buff Attacker

That is...actually impressive lateral thinking and use of the gameplay mechanics to just shatter the rules over your knee.

Little Abigail
Jul 21, 2011

College Slice

J.A.B.C. posted:

That is...actually impressive lateral thinking and use of the gameplay mechanics to just shatter the rules over your knee.

Well, by the time you finish doing that you’re about forty turns in and by being able to stall that long you would have been better of killing it the normal way. That’s just solely for getting big numbers for the sake of big numbers.

Golden Battler
Sep 6, 2010

~Perfect and Elegant~

J.A.B.C. posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qkhA_rrTjPs

Here's an excellent example of someone making use of this exact strategy with Kojiro and Skadi.

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

Little Abigail posted:

Well, by the time you finish doing that you’re about forty turns in and by being able to stall that long you would have been better of killing it the normal way. That’s just solely for getting big numbers for the sake of big numbers.

Proof of concept is important, especially when testing the limit of what is possible in the game and the engine, and for figuring out better, faster ways to reach or exceed that limit.

Yeah, it is situational at best and pointless at worst, but it is still impressive.

Big Numbers can be their own goal every now and again.

Golden Battler posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qkhA_rrTjPs

Here's an excellent example of someone making use of this exact strategy with Kojiro and Skadi.

See, look at this Cardboard Cutout laying waste to a boss in 3 turns of combat (with 30 turns of prep), in a game where people on this forum talk about using stall teams to eke out fights into triple digits.

J.A.B.C. fucked around with this message at 08:05 on Aug 28, 2019

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Knowledge is pain plus observation.

Little Abigail posted:

Even just two stacks of double Merlin buffs will push buster crits to the 1M range, which only takes six turns of stalling.

There's a reason EoR introduced a new mechanic that makes it impossible to one round bosses.

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy

BisbyWorl posted:

Even just two stacks of double Merlin buffs will push buster crits to the 1M range, which only takes six turns of stalling.

There's a reason EoR introduced a new mechanic that makes it impossible to one round bosses.

which is why stuff like that kojiro video switched to using 3 turn buff stacking instead of 1 turn buff stacking :v:

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
It's still faster than Jeanne hitting someone over the head with a flag for a hundred + turns.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
High pitched Skadi using her skills sounds like an out of tune trumpet.

Wili
Apr 7, 2010

ppppbbbbtttthhhhhhttppp!

I have sent a few friend requests to the people who offered last page. I still have room for more friends, if anyone wants to use my Mordred.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

BisbyWorl posted:

I wouldn't consider that the main reason, given that you'd need to have your own Merlin to do it. I see it as a more general devaluing of one big number versus many small numbers. It also lowers the value of buster gorillas because a buster (brave) chain gives you very little on overgauge, while even slapping in a single arts at the end can be good for preparing to tackle the next break bar.

klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good
Speaking of buster gorillas, shoutout to my MVP Herc with Volumen Hydrangeum for singlehandedly pulling me out of the fire on every tough fight in Shinjuku. Generally I'd rather go with Enkidu as a last stand, but Herc doing endless Buster Brave chains is the absolute poo poo.

Rorahusky
Nov 12, 2012

Transform and waaauuuugh out!

klapman posted:

Speaking of buster gorillas, shoutout to my MVP Herc with Volumen Hydrangeum for singlehandedly pulling me out of the fire on every tough fight in Shinjuku. Generally I'd rather go with Enkidu as a last stand, but Herc doing endless Buster Brave chains is the absolute poo poo.

Just wait until you get his Bond CE. Then you have a 3-times Guts, plus your normal Guts, plus Evade. 5 turns of Herc bustering it up solves a lot of problems

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

Rorahusky posted:

Just wait until you get his Bond CE. Then you have a 3-times Guts, plus your normal Guts, plus Evade. 5 turns of Herc bustering it up solves a lot of problems

Toss in the Atlas Academy uniform, and that's another invincibility charge, plus the cooldown reduction skill that could potentially let his Evade and/or Guts skill come back online sooner, and you'll truly understand why we say, "Berserker won't lose to anyone, because he's the strongest man in the world."

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Galaga Galaxian posted:

* Merlins Buff Attacker
    * Merlins Buff Attacker
    * Swap Attacker out
    * Plugsuit Attacker in
    * Merlins Buff Attacker

okay so yeah it's not as many buffs as i thought it was gonna be

taser rates
Mar 30, 2010
It's at least 4 sets of buffs because i count 7 hero creations so they had to get creative somewhere else as well.

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

Pics of my first Bond 10:

And my Setup. Not the best but I cleared out some of the inactive friends from my list.

Feel free to add if you all want! I'll probably send out requests later on.

J.A.B.C. fucked around with this message at 00:47 on Aug 29, 2019

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

taser rates posted:

It's at least 4 sets of buffs because i count 7 hero creations so they had to get creative somewhere else as well.

Might've used a taunt character (most likely George) as a sacrifice to perform another swap.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

this is why you should always upload full video of your cool comps, with more than 2 seconds spent showing the full servant/ce lineup :argh:

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
So how many boxes is everyone trying for? My personal hope is 100, but I already know I won't have the perseverance to get that high, so hopefully anywhere between 50-60.

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

I lift my drink and sing a song

for who knows if life is short or long?

Man's life is like the morning dew

past days many, future days few

I would like at least 51 boxes to make sure I have enough gold gems for any SSR. I think if I got double that, I would be set for the whole year.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
I haven't been saving apples and I started only in Feb so, however many I can! I plan to not let a single idle AP go to waste though. I'm thinking I miiiiiight even sink some quartz into this. I'm happy with my current roster of servants and the next one want, Hokusai, isn't until the new year apparently so it's not a dumb idea, right?

A Bystander
Oct 10, 2012
Eat the rainbow rocks and let future you worry about getting her.

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005

Roger Explosion posted:

I haven't been saving apples and I started only in Feb so, however many I can! I plan to not let a single idle AP go to waste though. I'm thinking I miiiiiight even sink some quartz into this. I'm happy with my current roster of servants and the next one want, Hokusai, isn't until the new year apparently so it's not a dumb idea, right?
Usually it is an incredibly stupid idea to spend SQ on AP refills. The exceptions to this are the lotto events and hunting quests, because they have vastly better AP efficiency for your goals (lotto has an insane value for everything in it, while the hunting quests are usually pretty good about one specific material that day). I dunked about 90 SQ into Hunting Quest 3 and for that it halved my heart deficit and cleared my bone and gallstone deficit for my plans up to Hokusai. Lotto I plan on dunking about 120-130 SQ worth after I exhaust my apples, as my plan is 200 total boxes.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Clearing these medals is gonna be a draaaag.

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!
First run of the 30AP fight:

:smug:

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Any guide on what support to set?

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

MonsieurChoc posted:

Any guide on what support to set?

https://www.kscopedia.net/ has an infographic

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Thanks.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
I really want to know why Ozy holds Arash in such high esteem. I mean, it's Arash, he's the best, but in the story it's kind of out of nowhere.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Arash was the one who dealt the final blow to Ozymandias back during Prototype Fragments with his suicidal triple-Command Seal backed Noble Phantasm.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

they're also considered historically contemporaneous in fate

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...

i have never seen such beauty