Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

McNally posted:

Pilot Robert Morgan used to do the airshow circuit back in the day, met him a couple times.

My dad got a t shirt signed by him at an airshow we went to when I was a kid. I was too young to realize the significance, I just thought the plane was cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

:siren::siren::siren::siren:
- FUCK THE HABS -
:stare:

https://twitter.com/CalibreObscura/status/1165721628262748167

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Tactilol thread ain't got poo poo on this.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
https://twitter.com/SafetyFlrst/status/1159345980631740416

!!!

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

That's an old, but good one.

With sound:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m8qFAsJVKIY

Needless to say, that's not supposed to happen....

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
"Wedding spotted, enter terminal guidance mode"

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Madurai posted:

https://imgur.com/gallery/CyZl08N

Not gonna lie, this sounds like an awesome date.

Says VNIMANIYE on the loading tray, OSHA compliant.

Also, I was fully expecting this to be another one of those Russian marriage proposal videos

soy
Jul 7, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

mandatory butthole exercise

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.
Don't know if this is the right thread, but I've got a trickle of Vietnam photos from my Dad coming in.

Quang Tri province, Spring 1967

Camp Carroll, 1967

Phil Moscowitz
Feb 19, 2007

If blood be the price of admiralty,
Lord God, we ha' paid in full!
It’s 100% the right thread. Post them.

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

First tour, 67-68

Second tour, 71-72

Phil Moscowitz
Feb 19, 2007

If blood be the price of admiralty,
Lord God, we ha' paid in full!

joat mon posted:

Second tour, 71-72

Are you the little blond chile in the picture

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Is that an Air Defense Artillery collar patch in the first photo? Wikipedia says that branch was stood up in 1968.

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

Phil Moscowitz posted:

Are you the little blond chile in the picture

Yep.

EBB posted:

Is that an Air Defense Artillery collar patch in the first photo? Wikipedia says that branch was stood up in 1968.

It sure looks like one, which would necessarily make that a second tour pic since he was home from the first tour by the time the patch was authorized.
Except he was always Field Artillery, or so I thought. The mystery deepens...

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?
Could be a regimental number on the insignia.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

McNally posted:

Could be a regimental number on the insignia.

I thought so too but it looks like a missle in the middle and those don't looks like sabres or rifles.

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

It looks like an ADA patch.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug
Yup

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

:siren::siren::siren::siren:
- FUCK THE HABS -

mlmp08 posted:

That's an old, but good one.

With sound:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m8qFAsJVKIY

Needless to say, that's not supposed to happen....

"YO I HEARD YOU WAS TALKING poo poo!!!" - that missile.

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

US Army chow:

Iranian Army chow:

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
What is that they're eating in the top photo? It looks like black olives and pineapple. Maybe red grapes?

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

Milo and POTUS posted:

What is that they're eating in the top photo? It looks like black olives and pineapple. Maybe red grapes?

I think green and black olives.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
That seems most likely. It's a hell of a good pic anyway. Second one isn't bad either

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

Yeah that's a great picture, keep posting these.

Koesj
Aug 3, 2003

Security Council/201908 Presentation/iran_illegal_uranium_reprocessing_definitive_proof.bmp

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
https://twitter.com/gbrumfiel/status/1167090223769096194?s=19

soy
Jul 7, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Only registered members can see post attachments!

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

I spent four years making
Waves of Steel
Hell yes I'm going to turn my avatar into an ad for it.
Fun Shoe
When the US was trying to do missile launches, how many failures did we have like this before we got things working consistently?

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

TooMuchAbstraction posted:

When the US was trying to do missile launches, how many failures did we have like this before we got things working consistently?

Quite a few, but it was all uncharted territory then. It is true, though, that people don't appreciate how difficult it is to launch rockets let alone get them into space let alone reach orbit. It's an incredible technical feat and is bound to involve accidents and setbacks. However, I still don't want Iran to successfully launch a rocket into space because that's a big step towards achieving IRBMs and ICBMs.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

A lot. The Snark was so bad that nobody could figure out why it was ever deemed operational; one missile meant to fly to Puerto Rico and back disappeared east of Venezuela and was found 27 years later in a Brazilian jungle.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

chitoryu12 posted:

A lot. The Snark was so bad that nobody could figure out why it was ever deemed operational; one missile meant to fly to Puerto Rico and back disappeared east of Venezuela and was found 27 years later in a Brazilian jungle.

In this case, the missile did *not* know where it was, and couldn't find out where it was from where it wasn't.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

We took a very Agile method: Launch it, blow it up, learn from that, do it again.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

chitoryu12 posted:

Plus, the US didn't have to contend with the world's only superpower loving around with their supply chain nonstop. That must suck.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

brains
May 12, 2004

joat mon posted:

Don't know if this is the right thread, but I've got a trickle of Vietnam photos from my Dad coming in.

these are great, keep 'em coming

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

CommieGIR posted:

We took a very Agile method: Launch it, blow it up, learn from that, do it again.

Ah, the KSP method.

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

The Rockpile, 1967 or 68
Some of the spectators are wearing USMC covers, so this may be an Army vs. Marines game.

Koesj posted:

Security Council/201908 Presentation/iran_illegal_uranium_reprocessing_definitive_proof.bmp

Yellowcake(balls)!!
Tehran, 1965 or 66

joat mon fucked around with this message at 03:41 on Aug 30, 2019

Dingleberry
Aug 21, 2011

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Ahhahaha