Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BumbleOne
Jul 1, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Der Shovel posted:

> see top of page

nice read and true, your name reminds me of this fun game:

edit: oh bollocks a snipe, well i guess the landmover will have to do as taxe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BumbleOne
Jul 1, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Tippis posted:

– Look, people had paid a lot to come to this event, and you have to give them value for money and not waste it on potatoes.
– But they paid for potat…
– Shut up, “value for money” means giving Chris' handlers hazard pay as he's let loose in free-promise environment, and they're going to need a lot of very stiff drinks to calm their nerves.

why did they not hand out those "vitamins" to them?
should have been included in the goodies bag!

SPERMCUBE.ORG
Nov 3, 2011

Space commies are th' biggest threat t' red-blooded American Freedom we got in th' future. So me and my boys got to talking over a few hot dogs the other day and this is what we came up with...

Enchanted Hat posted:

Are the Star Citizen human empire really supposed to be the good guys? All I remember about Star Citizen lore is that they're a militaristic autocracy that at some point genocided an entire race of sapient bird men. I just kind of naturally assumed that I was supposed to think that the empire was evil :psyduck:

It's written by Chris Roberts, who is incapable of subtlety, so the Japanese Birdmen deserved to get genocided and the human empire did nothing wrong and are in fact super cool in their space P-40s and actually jackboots are very comfortable.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Bumble He posted:

why did they not hand out those "vitamins" to them?
should have been included in the goodies bag!

Hey, now, they're not made of money.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Enchanted Hat posted:

Are the Star Citizen human empire really supposed to be the good guys? All I remember about Star Citizen lore is that they're a militaristic autocracy that at some point genocided an entire race of sapient bird men. I just kind of naturally assumed that I was supposed to think that the empire was evil :psyduck:

I'm being a little hyperbolic, as the timeline I just looked over seems to suggest there's some nuance to the lore that's written. But you wouldn't know it from the story sequences shown off so far - it's all OORAH SEMPER FI, glorious inspiring speeches, and fightin' them powerful yet inexplicably backwards AAALIEN THREAT. Although there IS always a traitorous general in CR's stories.

SPERMCUBE.ORG
Nov 3, 2011

Space commies are th' biggest threat t' red-blooded American Freedom we got in th' future. So me and my boys got to talking over a few hot dogs the other day and this is what we came up with...

Tippis posted:

– Look, people had paid a lot to come to this event, and you have to give them value for money and not waste it on potatoes.
– But they paid for potat…
– Shut up, “value for money” means giving Chris' handlers hazard pay as he's let loose in free-promise environment, and they're going to need a lot of very stiff drinks to calm their nerves.

I sort of get annoyed sometimes when people comment like, "Oh the potatoes have run out or Where's the potatoes?!" Potatoes were just a side dish.
Or
There was a poll and the community asked for peas.

One in the Bum
Apr 25, 2014

Hair Elf
It's potahtoe :colbert:

Dogeh
Aug 30, 2017

ShitMeter: -------------|- 99%

One in the Bum posted:

It's potahtoe :colbert:

Star Citizer: gently caress you, got potatoe

Dooguk
Oct 11, 2016

Pillbug
Spud Roberts

JugbandDude
Jul 19, 2016

Remember when you were young, you shone like the sun

Shine on you crazy diamond!
Mash 'em, boil 'em, stick 'em in a stew

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

:kayak:Welcome to the:kayak:
Dream Factory
:kayak:
Grimey Drawer
O MoMA, MoMA, wherefore art thou MoMA?
Deny thy Roberts and refuse thy Gardiner; or
if thou wilt not, be but sworn my Toast
and I’ll no longer be a Goon.

JugbandDude
Jul 19, 2016

Remember when you were young, you shone like the sun

Shine on you crazy diamond!
MoMA will be back in the last post of page 6665.

Then he gets to be OP of the new thread and we will all repent our sins.

Beexoffel
Oct 4, 2015

Herald of the Stimpire
Catching up with the thread while in the queue for WoW Classic.

BumbleOne
Jul 1, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
can we speedrun to page 6665?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

JugbandDude posted:

Mash 'em, boil 'em, stick 'em in a stew

The boil'em part can be had for $625 and is not available yet.

h3isenbug
Jun 5, 2016

Right Meow!
It's nothing like a game you've ever seen before
Nothing you can compare to your neighborhood MMO
I'm trying to find the words to describe this scam
without being disrespectful

The way that entities movin' I can't take no more
Have to stop what I'm doin' so I can pull up close
I'm trying to find the words to describe this scam
without being disrespectful

drat game
drat you'se a sexy bear
A sexy bear
drat you'se a sexy bear
drat bear

Dooguk
Oct 11, 2016

Pillbug
“It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.”

Douglas Adams

PrimeNerd
Dec 17, 2016
So are we doing deep dive commentary on WC: The Movie? Fun(ny) fact: When the valiant heros are storming the Kilrathi ship to get fuel, the death animation/sequence for the Kilrathi are basically a glorified Ctrl +V Ctrl + P.

Therefore I propose the following Lesnick Challenge: Electric Boogaloo.

Everytime the animation is repeated, take a monch of pizza. I think the challenege is survivable but attempt at your own risk Goonmandos.

skeletors_condom
Jul 21, 2017

PrimeNerd posted:

So are we doing deep dive commentary on WC: The Movie? Fun(ny) fact: When the valiant heros are storming the Kilrathi ship to get fuel, the death animation/sequence for the Kilrathi are basically a glorified Ctrl +V Ctrl + P.

Therefore I propose the following Lesnick Challenge: Electric Boogaloo.

Everytime the animation is repeated, take a monch of pizza. I think the challenege is survivable but attempt at your own risk Goonmandos.

Never noticed that, but yes, they do fall down after death in the same way. All the scenes with the Kilrathi are outright atrocious.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Bumble He posted:

can we speedrun to page 6665?

Haha, you expect to reach page 6665. Beets plans to close it on 6664, mark my words.

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

https://twitter.com/RobertsSpaceInd/status/1167150556927811584

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

A stroll down merch row?

LMAO!

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

trucutru posted:

Haha, you expect to reach page 6665. Beets plans to close it on 6664, mark my words.

6543 or bust.

mdxi
Mar 13, 2006

to JERK OFF is to be close to GOD... only with SPURTING

We've been wondering where MoMA is, and why he hasn't weighed in on this latest kerfuffle.

Turns out he's been touring:

I'm sure he'll be back to own us all someday soon. Also, I hope that jacket was a stretch goal award for The Belt, rather than something he paid money for, as a shark-eating gentleman of means and leisure.

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

Dream Factory
Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ABeiovt6D7A&t=350s

lol

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

Dream Factory
Grimey Drawer
yes gently caress the game Jared, what I really need is a mousepad

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

Dream Factory
Grimey Drawer
oh gently caress it

his nibs fucked around with this message at 22:18 on Aug 29, 2019

djent
Nov 28, 2013

It's metal to like clowns
we've done large format mousepads in the past, but this time we wanted to make the most of that format

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

And of course now that they've released a video they like, all the peons at /r/starcitizen are mollified, the rebellion is over. Like I thought, nothing will ever sway the true believers, as much as you think you're seeing the community "turn against" CIG.

Golli
Jan 5, 2013

Next week on ISC:

Erin shares the process he uses to select the menu at whale feedings. (Spoiler: POTATO)

Jonny Shiloh
Mar 7, 2019
You 'orrible little man

LOL.

Jared: "OK you guys keep asking for it, far be it from us to deny you something you're asking for" (nod wink) "so hey! here's a load of merch coming your way soon".

A penny ante backer: "Thanks man, but I've been asking for the game for like 3 years now".

Jared: "Here's Senior Art Director Noob Out'O College to fill us in on this exciting new line of swag."

A penny ante backer: "But Jared - the game??"

A whale: "Shut your dirty FUD goon BS, the backers have spoken and Chris has responded!!!"

Jared: *smirk* *polishes show reel in case of future employment opportunities*

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

I thought CIG was smashing Crytek into oblivion but I hearing that washed up, bank rump Crytek is releasing a new game, Hunt:Showdown?

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

Kosumo posted:

I thought CIG was smashing Crytek into oblivion but I hearing that washed up, bank rump Crytek is releasing a new game, Hunt:Showdown?

Well, releasing a game shows that they’re just pikers. True AAAAAAA+ game companies don’t actually release games, you silly person! They even take the word “game” out of their name to help them resist the temptation.

Pixelate
Jan 6, 2018

"You win by having fun"

I want this to be true. So I had an excessive dive into that poster's history...

TLDR: They are concierge, and a general superfan. The vast majority of their posting history involves posting earnestly about SC. (The naive puppy that lives within me now believes they could be posting earnestly there too...)

I've put the details in spoilers, to hide how over-the-top I went...

**POINTS IN FAVOUR**

- They do seem to be concierge: Going by their own screenshots their RSI account is ToxicBoss, belonging to the Resetera org. That account has 'High Admiral' status, so 1k+ spent.

- They're a superfan: They've started tons of megathreads there on SC (3.4+, SQ42 roadmap + financials, Citcon etc). It's almost exclusively what they post on. Almost everything they post is earnest, not playful trolling. They have described themselves like this: 'I've been following this game for a long time, bought a lot of ships, and I'm not concerned at all'.

- No really, they're definitely a superfan: They believe GTA V is only on par with SQ42 (SC is 'much more complex'), that 3.0 added 'things that has literally never been done in gaming', and that it's not P2W (because the big ships will be doing more profitable missions, not competing with the little ships...). They're happy to keep supporting SC (financially) as long as they see progress. They 'have friends who work on this game and I know they're not scamming me.'

- Their posts reinforce points in the OP: They're young-ish. They're happy to criticise Chris to a degree, if mildly there.

**POINTS AGAINST**

They do post sarcastically occasionally - Talking about Amazon saving CIG, or publisher conspiracies. (All pretty overt though, and ultimately still pushing a pro-SC line. Not quite the same vibe as the OP, although the second one is close).

Pixelate fucked around with this message at 00:17 on Aug 30, 2019

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Kosumo posted:

Which they apparently ruined the gameplay and graphics of with the release day patch, weirdly.

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

https://twitter.com/RobertsSpaceInd/status/1167196222521655296

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

Wow, this should really drive up the prices on all that historic merch! I knew this was a sound investment

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo

Pixelate posted:

I want this to be true. So I had an excessive dive into that poster's history...

TLDR: They are concierge, and a general superfan. The vast majority of their posting history involves posting earnestly about SC. (The naive puppy that lives within me now believes they could be posting earnestly there too...)

I've put the details in spoilers, to hide how over-the-top I went...

quote:

I gave in and asked him what these supplements were called and he said he forgot and left the bottle at home.

Cocaine's a helluva drug...

Sillybones
Aug 10, 2013

go away,
spooky skeleton,
go away

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

Now you too can own a key fob to go with your 'push button to flip out' Peugeot key.

Erk!