Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Gibbering posted:

Nah, the Panhandle was ignored by pretty much everyone after Michael kicked it around. Going by recent (May?) photos, all they've been able to do is haul away debris.

If it destroys Mar-a-lago, it'll be the 'yoogest disaster since Krakatoa

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sing Along
Feb 28, 2017

by Athanatos

Iron Crowned posted:

If it destroys Mar-a-lago, it'll be the 'yoogest disaster since Krakatoa

bowling for trmalp

Gibbering
May 24, 2014

:catdrugs:

Marzzle posted:

what's your av from?

Sarazanmai. :dance:

donoteat
Sep 13, 2011

Loot at all this bullshit.
Who lets something like this happen?
https://twitter.com/lockingitin/status/1167127968331816961

pancake rabbit
Feb 21, 2011

lol that owns

https://twitter.com/webberweather/status/1167106979036315648

dorian gonna undergo an ewrc, get a bigger eye, then charge itself up by slowly moving over some nice toasty waters before slamming into florida

hail satan

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E_DcnkOeslA

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

pancake rabbit posted:

lol that owns

dorian gonna undergo an ewrc, get a bigger eye, then charge itself up by slowly moving over some nice toasty waters before slamming into florida

hail satan

Does this make Dorian a spirit bomb hurricane?

soy
Jul 7, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

pancake rabbit posted:

lol that owns

hail satan

:munch:

Crunchy Black
Oct 24, 2017

by Athanatos

inshallah

:d2a:

Apples McGrind
Oct 13, 2013

I’m in Sarasota for work and was supposed to stay until Sunday, but re-booking my flight out for tomorrow night right now just in case. A LOT of flights with only like 1-2 seats left

:f5:

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

The Euro running now is largely doing the same thing except starting from near Miami

Notorious R.I.M.
Jan 27, 2004

up to my ass in alligators
One of the cool things about our future is that your average person is going to know what an eyewall replacement cycle is.

Bob Socko
Feb 20, 2001

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

The Euro running now is largely doing the same thing except starting from near Miami
I was hoping for going over Florida and reforming in the Gulf, but this is way better.

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

Iron Crowned posted:

Lookin for a j/o bud to charge hurricane dorian

soy
Jul 7, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Notorious R.I.M. posted:

One of the cool things about our future is that your average person is going to know what an eyewall replacement cycle is.

Frankly if more people were afraid of their environment in general (because it could actually kill them at any time) I think it would improve society, by a lot.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

so that model run has it hitting both mar a lago and trump tower in nyc?

Destroy My Sweater
Jul 24, 2009

I don't know, I almost feel like people being displaced and losing their homes in natural disasters is, in fact, bad.

soy
Jul 7, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Destroy My Sweater posted:

I don't know, I almost feel like people being displaced and losing their homes in natural disasters is, in fact, bad.

:qqsay:

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
I hope the storm wedgies you nerd

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

gently caress You And Diebold posted:

Lookin for a j/o bud to charge hurricane dorian

I will charge all the crystals! :patriot:

Bob Socko
Feb 20, 2001

Can’t you just take a moment to marvel at this trick shot?

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Dang. Hold on, let me hit my "NO WEATHER" button right here.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

SKULL.GIF posted:

*zips pants back up*

golden bubble
Jun 3, 2011

yospos

Iron Crowned posted:

Eyewall replacement cycle (EWRC) are normal for hurricanes. Normally, when the outer eyewall storms get stronger, they end up stealing strength from the inner eyewall storms until the inner eyewall disappears completely. This results in a larger eyewall and larger hurricane in general, but lower wind-speeds. But if conditions are good (high temps, high moisture, lower wind-sheer), the hurricane can immediately re-strengthen until it's wind-speed is higher than it was before the EWRC. Successfully pulling off multiple EWRC with strengthening is how you get massive storms like Super Typhoon Mangkhut from last year.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Look, black humor is about the only thing we've got to look forward to over the next few decades.

Destroy My Sweater
Jul 24, 2009

I am owned.

Bob Socko posted:

I actually can. Hurricanes restrengthening and/or circling back around (or elsewhere) is something that's speculated during pretty much every storm but I can't recall the last major instance when it happened. Perhaps that recent one that hosed up the Carolinas?

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Bob Socko posted:

Also its just one model run of many, it is not likely to happen.

Destroy My Sweater
Jul 24, 2009

SKULL.GIF posted:

Thank you, Mr. President.

Skippy McPants posted:

Look, black humor is about the only thing we've got to look forward to over the next few decades.

I completely understand. I guess if Mar-a-Lago gets destroyed it'll sort-of be worth it.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

hobbesmaster posted:

Also its just one model run of many, it is not likely to happen.

I want a tear in the multiverse to make all of the models happen at the same time!

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the dreams of the delighting void

You're not wrong but whatyougonnadoaboutit

Me? I'm just gonna post jubilantly

Cacafuego
Jul 22, 2007

I am owned.

I actually can. Hurricanes restrengthening and/or circling back around (or elsewhere) is something that's speculated during pretty much every storm but I can't recall the last major instance when it happened. Perhaps that recent one that hosed up the Carolinas?

Hurricane Ivan hit Florida 4 separate times ~10 years ago

Destroy My Sweater
Jul 24, 2009

Cacafuego posted:

Hurricane Ivan hit Florida 4 separate times ~10 years ago

That's right. Ivan was the last hurricane I evacuated for when I lived in the Panhandle. I remember it caused a shitload of tornadoes and might have actually set a record for doing so?

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Was ivan the one that did a huge loop in the atlantic to hit fl again

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

Yes.

edit:

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"

Every once in a while a friend of mine recounts how his dad lost "one of his properties" in West FL after Irma and I laugh and laugh

Irradiation
Sep 14, 2005

I understand your frustration.

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

Yep

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oCQBXu7JE0U

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FP1NoO9uh18

redleader
Aug 18, 2005

Engage according to operational parameters

:eyepop:

not gonna lie, someone really sucked the fun out of the title

Polo-Rican
Jul 4, 2004

emptyquote my posts or die
Remember when Harvey completely flooded Houston and it was in the national news for maybe 24 hours before never being mentioned ever again?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

thats coming right at me directly

i welcome its hatred

*arms wide open to accept the gift* cleanse me mommy nature :h: