Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Skeleton King posted:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

well done burt lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

Do you know anything about...
witches?

Buglord

LadyPictureShow posted:

Trip report: went out to Wegmans and got a case of the ginger seltzer after seeing it mentioned in this thread. Yet again, Wegmans doesn't disappoint!

update: I also got some and am drinking one now, it's good! sort of like a very very mild ginger ale

Relayer
Sep 18, 2002
probed twice is a special anointment

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017
Rage-filled endorsement of La Croix ftw.

nishi koichi
Feb 16, 2007

everyone feels that way and gives up.
that's how they get away with it.
it read like weird guerilla marketing lol

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017
All of you stupid, fat manchildren need to grow the hell up and stop stuffing Twizzlers into your diseased faces! Then maybe you'll recognize the flavor superiority of La Croix brand seltzer water.

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
Someone check that guys blood sugar level, he needs a La Croix NiCola Mojito stat

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Like all goons, even the thought of this spicy water just destroys my rear end instantly.
"Too many bubbles!" I scream as my butt sprays liquid hot foam and blood after consuming the devils own... raspberry LaCroix.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

gey muckle mowser posted:

update: I also got some and am drinking one now, it's good! sort of like a very very mild ginger ale

:cool::hf::cool:

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017

Big Beef City posted:

Like all goons, even the thought of this spicy water just destroys my rear end instantly.
"Too many bubbles!" I scream as my butt sprays liquid hot foam and blood after consuming the devils own... raspberry LaCroix.

Mother, please fetch me my black straw. I wish to partake in this diluted Sprite whilst I game.

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

:coolfish:

:coolfish:

big trivia FAIL posted:

i buy 1 cola and 1 dr pep each weekly grocery run. i have not bought the root beer bc i dont like root beer

Grabbed one of the cola earlier, they're pretty darn good! Very clean taste, no odd LaCroix boof-flavors here.

DIED A VIRGIN
Dec 21, 2012

yes no yes no yes

Ginette Reno posted:

I used to love Clearly Canadian growing up but i dunno how healthy it is. Surely it has a lot of sugar and what not?

Yeah it had sugar but a lot less than regular soda, so my health-nut parents let me drink it every so often. Man I loved those as a kid, those pretty blue bottles made them taste more refreshing.

There is a decent hard seltzer made locally here that uses apple wine for the alcohol. White claw sucks though.

I like lacroix but it makes me gassy

Broken Machine
Oct 22, 2010

Pewdiepie posted:

This. Lacroix is epic.

I avoid La Croix, one because Polar is available here and it's tastier, but also the ceo of La Croix has a history of groping male pilots when he travels, so it's not something I want to support

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy
You can't have it both ways. You can't believe in climate change, but also believe that aspartame is somehow bad. My parents both drank a gallon a day of diet coke for decades and they're still fine. Artificial sweeteners are getting a bad rap from these same lying hypochondriacs with self-diagnosed celiacs'

La Croix Coconut is pretty good tho. Seconding polar orange vanilla, or probably most orange vanilla since that's objectively the best flavor of anything.

Broken Machine posted:

I avoid La Croix, one because Polar is available here and it's tastier, but also the ceo of La Croix has a history of groping male pilots when he travels, so it's not something I want to support

Yeah well maybe you should support... "innocent until proven guilty"! Or at least wait until he has 10+ accusers like Cosby / Spacey lol

Zero VGS fucked around with this message at 07:58 on Aug 30, 2019

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

tfw you're peeing next to someone in the lineup and they don't know
We don't allow sugar sodas at our house and we drink:

- La Croix
- Coke Zero
- Kirkland Vitarains (like a much, much better vitamin water with way more and improved flavor)

Broken Machine posted:

If there's one thing I've learned about seltzer is that everyone has wildly different tastes. I would seriously hesitate to call any single brand "the best" or even "better".

e:

Zero VGS posted:

La Croix Coconut is pretty good tho. Seconding polar orange vanilla, or probably most orange vanilla since that's objectively the best flavor of anything.

This is exactly what I mean. Coconut la croix tastes like loving rear end water to me. Like drinking a bottle of sunscreen. It's the only flavor of la croix that I truly hate. That doesn't mean it's bad, people just perceive seltzer flavors super differently for some reason.

Taima fucked around with this message at 07:59 on Aug 30, 2019

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
Lipstick Apathy

Taima posted:

This is exactly what I mean. Coconut la croix tastes like loving rear end water to me. Like drinking a bottle of sunscreen. It's the only flavor of la croix that I truly hate. That doesn't mean it's bad, people just perceive seltzer flavors super differently for some reason.

Jeez if you think that's bad... definitely don't try actual coconut water

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

tfw you're peeing next to someone in the lineup and they don't know

Zero VGS posted:

Jeez if you think that's bad... definitely don't try actual coconut water

I actually really like coconut water. Have some in my fridge right now, in fact. They don't taste similar at all, to me at least. Again I would liken coconut la croix to drinking sunscreen.

e: at the very least you have to agree that coconut water has a lot more overall flavors going on. Coconut la croix is like if you took a specific part of the coconut flavor and turned it to 11. Which is probably literally what they do.

Taima fucked around with this message at 08:34 on Aug 30, 2019

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
Lipstick Apathy

Taima posted:

e: at the very least you have to agree that coconut water has a lot more overall flavors going on.

I'll concede that in as much as urine has a lot more overall flavors going on as well.

My go-to for a complex flavor profile while sweetener free would probably be Constant Comment or Earl Grey. Earl Grey tastes like rear end but it is easier to acquire a taste for that plain than other teas, somehow.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Zero VGS posted:

I'll concede that in as much as urine has a lot more overall flavors going on as well.

My go-to for a complex flavor profile while sweetener free would probably be Constant Comment or Earl Grey. Earl Grey tastes like rear end but it is easier to acquire a taste for that plain than other teas, somehow.

Try Twinnings Lady Grey it's a decent black but with like half the bergomot.
You can take it straight and it's freaking great iced, if you like that. it's good stuff.

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018
Don Draper in a pitch meeting crumpled up paper everywhere starting to get nervous

La Croix: Put down your tootsie pop and drink it you shrieking dopamine resistant man children, stuff it down your disgusting maw.

Everyone looks at each other pensively until they start rising and clapping one by one a single tear falling down a hardened executive’s cheek.

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

Skeleton King posted:

to all you dopamine-resistant goon fucks in this thread who continually shriek,

"It tastes like NOTHING"

"Wow, people actually drink this??"

"Might as well drink water lol"

I have but one thing to say to you: Grow up, manchild.

If you could hold off filling your disgusting maw on garbage then maybe your brain could reset. You could appreciate a flavor that wasn't the result of pure disease for once.

I know it's hard for you LaCroix-hating slobs to even attempt to put down the candy-bar and fruit concentrate (for even a day), but you have to try for fucks sake. Become an adult and put the tootsie pops away.

I dunno, man. I really enjoy seltzer too, but I'm glad I'm not this sexually frustrated.

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
Lipstick Apathy
Check out the Free Seltzer Game at my job:

That's 4 LaCroix flavors, 10 Polar flavors, and 3 Poland Spring flavors. So I guess someone drinks it lol

Someone drinks the Kombucha and Red Bulls as well... morons I assume.

Sneeing Emu
Dec 5, 2003
Brother, my eyes
Just picked up some of these bad boys for the holiday weekend. poo poo's gonna get crazy. Their new flavors also include Prickly Pear Cucumber, Pineapple Jalapeno, and Pickle. Big Swig is doing it right.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Broken Machine posted:

Let he who doesn’t grope male pilots during travel cast the first stone.

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

Kroger’s seltzers are cheaper and tastier than other leading brands imo

Relentless
Sep 22, 2007

It's a perfect day for some mayhem!

Most of the Polar flavors are fantastic.

La Croix is generally garbage. There's a handful of good Bubly but they're the exception.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

I never used to like seltzer water but got into it with the Walmart brand water. It tastes real good and not too "seltzerey" so I really would only drink that stuff. I recently tried some Bubly though and really enjoyed it so now I'm going down this path. I just finished a case of the assorted BJ's brand seltzer and they were real tasty, some neat flavors like cherry limeade and blackberry cucumber. I think I generally prefer Bubly right now though. There's something about the colorful cans makes me have an easier time fooling my brain into thinking I'm drinking soda.

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

If only Seth would love me like I love him!

Polar does the canning for so many other labels I wonder how many of them are also mentioned here

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Been drinking Spindrift for quite some time now so thanks to whoever first suggested that! Strawberry is my favorite flavor.

I had some sugar soda as well recently and it tastes like total poo poo now. Like drinking straight sludge.

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe

drinkin this right now

it is solid

The Dregs
Dec 29, 2005

MY TREEEEEEEE!
I picked up a case of flavored carbonated water from Costco, and that stuff is just right. Not overpowering with artificial whatever like you get from most brands.

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

If only Seth would love me like I love him!

The Dregs posted:

I picked up a case of flavored carbonated water from Costco, and that stuff is just right. Not overpowering with artificial whatever like you get from most brands.

which are most brands

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

I like the spendthrift waters quite a bit.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

lol

they are expensive but worth it imo

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

The best Spendthrift is Grapefruit flavor

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

Xaris posted:

I've drinken a lot of carbonated water in my life and actively drink way more than is probably healthy, but Perrier or San Pell is just label and there's no real difference between then and most other brands. Paying more for no reason. My favorite, because it's cheap, is just a Costco Pallete of Crystal Geyser plain. The Kirkland Sparkling Water in bottles is also good. Avoid the CG flavored ones, they suck rear end. It's almost amazing just how actively bad a lot of the pre-2010s flavored sparkling water is.

People said Spindrift and Waterloo, and I'll second those. If you want flavored carbonated water, those are my go-to hands-down. La Croix is very iffy, their really basic flavors are utterly bad, the Berry/Passionfruit is alright; however, their best flavors are the ones in the smaller cans like Kiwi Cucumber/Watermelon Lime/etc. Still, better off getting Spindrift or Waterloo

I dunno, in my opinion water from springs or wells tastes better than processed municipal tap water. Worth the extra (not to mention the hilarious environmental cost)? Not really.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Are they actually called something else? Been calling them spendthrift for a while... gently caress I should read the box.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Zero VGS posted:

Check out the Free Seltzer Game at my job:

That's 4 LaCroix flavors, 10 Polar flavors, and 3 Poland Spring flavors. So I guess someone drinks it lol

Someone drinks the Kombucha and Red Bulls as well... morons I assume.

How many of those Babybels can you fit up your rear end my record is 9

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

That pic reminds me of when I worked at a remote mine site in Alaska and they had these Curious George fruit snacks that were loving amazing and then they ran out of them and everyone was super pissed but this fucker Allen still had some every day and after a week we got fed up with him flaunting his loving fruit snacks sitting there at lunch going “mmm these are so good” and “oh my god I’m so full from eating so many of these delicious fruit snacks” so we went back to his room and found 2 and a half cases of the motherfuckers so we beat him senseless and left him underground without a cap lamp.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

Just drink regular water op