Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Adjusted some of the PBR materials on Mars, Jupiter, and Venus in the Navigation skybox.
Converted materials on some of the Grineer Forest trees to PBR.

What is "PBR" in this context?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terbulus
Apr 7, 2009

Physics based rendering - it makes things look like the materials they are meant to be

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

hup posted:

Give me those Graxx skins right now

what graxx skins

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Terbulus posted:

Physics based rendering - it makes things look like the materials they are meant to be

Thanks. :tipshat:

> Reduced bloom in certain Orb Vallis caves that impeded successful fishing.

Hallelujah. :peanut:

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.

Not sure if this is worth doing(Especially isn't at the moment due to it not being doubled by boosters or cats)

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Can someone explain rotations to me as if I were a tiny, idiot baby?

I'm 800 hours in and just play whatever and level up whatever I can.
MR 22 and I never bothered to learn anything.

Martout
Aug 8, 2007

None so deprived
apparently I'm downloading the update from arizona again like when fortuna came out, getting speeds in excess of 20 kbps!!!

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Inzombiac posted:

a rotation is basically whatever interval that mission type uses to disperse rewards. in a normal defense that is every 5 waves. in an interception its when you fill up the bar. the normal rotation cycle is AABC so in order to get something from the rotation c drop table you would need to complete 20 waves of a normal defense (4 rounds of interception, 20 minutes survival, etc).

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug
Disruption's rotations are weird though, wiki it.

Arbitrations are AABCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC IIRC.

And I forget if Excavation is per drill or per two?

Notably, most game modes are AABCAABCAABC which is why most people do 4 or 5 waves of defense (free relic for wave 5), 8 portals of Sanctuary, etcetcetc

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Ohhhhh that makes a lot of sense.

I would have called them phases or something else. Rotation sounds like it would swap out at regular intervals.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
Guys, that a Violin/Viola not a Cello. Cellos are huge.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

Holy gently caress these bow buffs

quote:

General Changes:

Normalized quick shots to have the same critical chance/damage and status chance as charged shots.
While reviewing Bow stats the team has also refreshed all their FX (including the Lenz)!

Specific Changes:

Cernos

Quick Shot increased from 110 to 190
Charged Shot increased from 220 to 380
Flight Speed increased from 85 to 90
Aim Zoom decreased from 2.23x to 2x

Mutalist Cernos

Quick Shot increased from 120 to 205
Charged Shot increased from 225 to 410
Aim Zoom decreased from 2.23x to 2x

Cernos Prime

Quick Shot increased from 60 to 92
Charged Shot increased from 120 to 184
Flight Speed increased from 85 to 95
Tightened the spread of the vertical fire mode and made the top arrow land on the reticle instead of the middle

Rakta Cernos

Quick Shot increased from 150 to 235
Charged Shot increased from 250 to 470
Daikyu

Status Chance decreased from 50% to 46%
Critical Chance increased from 20% to 34%
Charged Shot increased from 460 to 700
Flight Speed increased from 135 to 140
Dread

Quick Shot increased from 130 to 168
Charged Shot increased from 200 to 336

Paris

Quick Shot increased from 120 to 160
Charged Shot increased from 180 to 320

Mk-1 Paris

Quick Shot increased from 100 to 115
Charged Shot increased from 120 to 230

Paris Prime

Quick Shot increased from 130 to 180
Charged Shot increased from 260 to 360
Flight Speed increased from 85 to 95

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

no axis in any of the new disruption nodes. credit and kuva returns are awful. endgame rewards mission failed miserably.

Revelation 2-13
May 13, 2010

Pillbug

Inzombiac posted:

Did you ever level up on hydron? Every time the ‘extract now?’ comes up, that’s a rotation done. It works different for different missions, survival is time based for example (see below). Generally, the first rotation is called A, second B, third C (after which it typically starts over with A again). Each rotation typically have different loot tables, often with the later rotations having the best loot. Confusingly the rotation is typically actually, AABC, rather than just ABC. It’s also tied into the level (tier) of the mission, so a low level/tier defense mission will have worse loot in its a,b,c rotations, than a high tier one.

Here is what the wiki says about survival missions for example...

warframe wiki posted:

Rewards Edit
Besides the bonus amounts of materials, experience, and mods from the increase in enemies compared to normal missions, certain rewards can be awarded at the end of the mission if the mission is a success. Mission rewards will vary depending on the level of the mission's enemies (the starting level; this tier does not scale during a mission as higher level enemies spawn) and also depends on the amount of time spent.

Enemy level tier (in average):
Tier 1: Level 1 - 10
Tier 2: Level 10 - 20
Tier 3: Level ≥ 20
Note: While most missions obey these enemy level tiers, there are a few exceptions, such as Hymeno and Cambria. Refer to the table above for a more accurate list of mission enemy level tiers.
Time spent Drop Rotation (rewards cycle every 20 minutes):
Rotation A: 5, 10 minutes; 25, 30 minutes; etc.
Rotation B: 15 minutes; 35 minutes; etc.
Rotation C: 20 minutes; 40 minutes; etc.
Rewards stack the longer you play.

So, again, the first two rotations (5 and 10 minutes) are A rotations and give loot from the A loot table, the next (15 minutes) is B and fourth (20 minutes) is C. Then it starts over with A again. Meaning there is usually no benefit to continue, and starting over may be faster/preferable, except for the higher level enemies.

Flubby
Feb 28, 2006
Fun Shoe
Oh god, I logged in and everything is so bright orange I can't even see. I wonder what display setting got messed with in this update.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

they changed a bunch of materials and the way metallics reflect light

Arsonide
Oct 18, 2007

You're breaking my balls here
So far I have about 12 relics and 2 Gauss Neuroptics.

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

Flubby posted:

Oh god, I logged in and everything is so bright orange I can't even see. I wonder what display setting got messed with in this update.

Came here to bitch about this. My eyes, my eyes!

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Revelation 2-13 posted:

Did you ever level up on hydron? Every time the ‘extract now?’ comes up, that’s a rotation done. It works different for different missions, survival is time based for example (see below). Generally, the first rotation is called A, second B, third C (after which it typically starts over with A again).
Wrong! In most endless missions, it goes AABC and loops! :eng101:

Disruption in specific is a lot more complicated, being based both on how many sets of consoles you've done, and how many you did successfully in the set you just got the reward for.

I Am Just a Box
Jul 20, 2011
I belong here. I contain only inanimate objects. Nothing is amiss.

Flubby posted:

Everything is colorful plastic and I pray that they just broke something and this isn't the intended result.

They may well have, because I also noticed some screen tearing I didn't have before.

Flubby
Feb 28, 2006
Fun Shoe

Cactus posted:

Came here to bitch about this. My eyes, my eyes!

It looked weird on the Orbiter, but when I went to Kelpie, Sedna I literally can't hardly make out anything but shapes. This can't be right. I turned off high dynamic range and that seemed to lessen the effect significantly. But dark is still too dark and bright is still blinding.

e: also complaints have been too limited for how bad it is, which makes me think this might not be a problem for everyone

Flubby fucked around with this message at 00:56 on Aug 30, 2019

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.
Bloom issue? I have mine knocked down to 25% or so and it looks normal.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

The snowmen in the dojo need new meat-men to accompany them.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

The snowmen in the dojo need new meat-men to accompany them.

This is what happens when you let a Nidus equipped with the spore ephemera hang out in the dojo for too long.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

Two missions and content done.

Time to go back to sleep until railjack I guess.

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

Lenz is popping so harsh it's opaque for 3rd parties

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Is Gauss just from random relics or is there a mission?

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

Inzombiac posted:

Is Gauss just from random relics or is there a mission?

Sedna disruption, only primes come from relics.

And the weapons drop from the explodey bois in the infested uranus one.

https://clips.twitch.tv/BlazingAltruisticRadishOpieOP

Nalesh fucked around with this message at 02:32 on Aug 30, 2019

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
Is it live for everything or just PC?

Malah
May 18, 2015

MY EYES!! :kingsley:

Bloody Emissary
Mar 31, 2014

Powawa~n
Oh, boooo. You can't switch to a shawzin from the "change instrument" menu if you put it down in your ship as a decoration.

You can still play the one you already have selected, mind, so this isn't an issue if you're planning on sticking to one instrument, but I wanted to have the Nelumbo and the Mimica lying around in my ship.
:argh:

Edit: Okay, spoke too soon, looks like the Nelumbo is just bugging out for some reason.

Bloody Emissary fucked around with this message at 03:07 on Aug 30, 2019

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

They'll probably get around to making a way to do that later.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iBSSOKmfC-8

Also of course someone has already done sakura sakura on it.

v1ld
Apr 16, 2012

Zereth posted:

Correct, except what's shown in the arsenal is the 0.651 number, and the game works backwards along your chain of math to get to the "10% chance per pellet" number used when you actually shoot the hypothetical 10 pellets 65% chance shotgun.

While the game displays the at-least-one-pellet-inflicts-status chance (65.1%), the underlying fixed weapon parameter seems to be the per-pellet status chance (10%). Which is why when multi-shot bumps the number of pellets or bullets, the displayed status chance goes up as you'd expect. It's leaving the per-pellet status chance fixed and computing the displayed status chance based on current number of pellets after multishot.

The +status% mods change the per-pellet status chance.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.
I wanna team up with an Octavia and play this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_M4K5wk9DCM

(this is just an excuse to share my favorite shamisen performance)

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

Johnny Joestar posted:

what graxx skins

The ones funkyfjord posted earlier

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

Screaming Idiot posted:

I wanna team up with an Octavia and play this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_M4K5wk9DCM

(this is just an excuse to share my favorite shamisen performance)

Same but this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6QvMcQ2Eejo

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Fuck the cowboys. Unf. Fuck em hard.

Nalesh posted:

Not sure if this is worth doing(Especially isn't at the moment due to it not being doubled by boosters or cats)
Demolysts (demolishers) drop kuva which is affected by boosters, which pushes those numbers up. Still not sure if it's worth it; one person says it's better than Kuva survival and another says it's only competitive with the other kuva missions if you don't have a booster.

Flubby
Feb 28, 2006
Fun Shoe
Man, four runs for Gauss. I suspect a meteor is heading to my house right now to balance things out.

The Jumpoff
May 4, 2011
Your dad's in the Russian Mafia, that's the jumpoff!
Got Gauss cooking, along with his sweet guns, and got my shawzin emote and man the controls for shawzin hero are a little awkward at first. But I'm bad at rhythm games in general so there's that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Malloc Voidstar posted:

Demolysts (demolishers) drop kuva which is affected by boosters, which pushes those numbers up. Still not sure if it's worth it; one person says it's better than Kuva survival and another says it's only competitive with the other kuva missions if you don't have a booster.

two of us did 13 rounds of sedna disrupt in 35 minutes; let's figure a similar pace for kuva. That's 52 demo kuva drops (50 kuva each i think) plus two B rotation drops plus eleven C rotation drops.

without a booster, (52 x 50) + (200 x 2) + (350 x 11) = 6850 kuva, with a booster 9450. in a group of 4 you could probably get at least another rotation or two in, so say 10k probably?

seems like it's designed to be steady and significantly less reliant on cat buff than floods, but less boring than survival.

does anyone know if nekros or similar loot boosting works on the demolyst drops?

Psion fucked around with this message at 06:34 on Aug 30, 2019