Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

In case anyone was wondering, Kingdom Come is still absolutely playable and downloadable in Australia. So everyone who reported it was banned was lying and never retracted it. Cool

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

In case anyone was wondering, Kingdom Come is still absolutely playable and downloadable in Australia. So everyone who reported it was banned was lying and never retracted it. Cool

"Banned" is an extremely fuzzy boundary especially in cases where the game was initially not banned and then later became banned. It opens up a whole can of worms then for existing owners, like does the government do a "buy-back" program? Probably easier to just ignore it, it's not as if companies breaking government rules actually matters anymore, or ever did. Just don't stock it on store shelves and the olds in power won't even notice.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Maybe its just one dlc

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Real hurthling! posted:

Maybe its just one dlc

Yeah I seem to recall back in the PS3/360 days there was a bit of a headache involved when a specific DLC pack for a game wasn't banned but had a different age rating than the base game did, and the system's parental controls not having a system in place allowing for that, but I thought that was resolved on the newer consoles.

Monday_
Feb 18, 2006

Worked-up silent dork without sex ability seeks oblivion and demise.
The Great Twist

Real hurthling! posted:

Maybe its just one dlc

I think it was supposed to be the entire base game of Kingdom Come and a yet unannounced DLC for RDR2.

Edit: Ok so what seems to have happened is Australia has a weird system where ratings are initially given out by an automatic system based on questionnaires by people who have played it before release somehow. The system decided the games should be banned but that was overruled soon after by a board of actual people.

Monday_ fucked around with this message at 18:37 on Aug 28, 2019

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
It should be banned for being a lovely game.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Hell yeah

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Has anyone played the win10 version of Gears of War?

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!

twistedmentat posted:

Has anyone played the win10 version of Gears of War?

I have, runs fine!

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

I had download issues but i hear the game is a good port

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

My vague understanding is that the initial classification request received a Refused Classification, the developer then appealed or got a re-do and the game was subsequently rated R. Likely what happened is that the game as released was never banned, but the RC decision was published first. This seems to have happened with a few games recently - there’s probably an issue with the way the way decisions are published.

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!
Control looks pretty cool, but I tried playing Quantum Break awhile ago and just found the game to be very confusing once it started introducing combat mechanics. I'm thinking about going back to it and giving it another shot though.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

No dont. Seriously its poo poo from top to bottom and Im gonna laugh when Sony buys Remedy making them 2for2 on "partner who delivered a poo poo videogame to microsoft and a good one with sony money"

TheAnomaly
Feb 20, 2003

Barudak posted:

No dont. Seriously its poo poo from top to bottom and Im gonna laugh when Sony buys Remedy making them 2for2 on "partner who delivered a poo poo videogame to microsoft and a good one with sony money"

It was mediocre shooter with a neat gimmick in the gravity controls that spent way too much of its budget on lovely live action extremely long cut scenes instead of actually polishing things like "controls" and "gameplay."

Also, it touted some "your choices in game affect what goes on in the story!" and pretty much every change was some cosmetic poo poo like whether or not the head douche had a trophy in his office or not.

Monday_
Feb 18, 2006

Worked-up silent dork without sex ability seeks oblivion and demise.
The Great Twist
Quantum Break was great. It works as a third person shooter because the movement and shooting isn't overly complicated like most of them these days. On top of that you've got some fun time control powers. There's some really cool visuals during the time fracture segments, and the story is interesting even though the TV show parts can have some cheesy dialog and poor acting. But yeah that whole choices you make in game affect the live action show thing was a complete joke.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
https://twitter.com/Halo/status/1166697187150979075

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D

Now where is the online custom games browser.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
That's pretty cool that they are making sure that people's content sticks around.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Barudak posted:

What's the other one

E: insomniac 🤔?

Quantum of Phallus fucked around with this message at 08:52 on Aug 29, 2019

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Yeah Insomniac.

Sunset Overdrive isnt, like, terrible but its got that feeling of "this would have been an awesome game on the PS2 because wed overlook the jank and itd only need to sell 1/10th the copies to make back its investment"

Zat
Jan 16, 2008

Then again Remedy also made Alan Wake with Microsoft money and that actually turned out great.

Also I'm happy that Remedy now owns Alan Wake completely and can make a sequel (and has hinted they will do it, eventually)

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Zat posted:

Then again Remedy also made Alan Wake with Microsoft money and that actually turned out great.

Also I'm happy that Remedy now owns Alan Wake completely and can make a sequel (and has hinted they will do it, eventually)

2010 was a much safer time to make an xbox exclusive than 2014

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

drat I cannot for the life of me remember if I uploaded the map me and my wife made where we recreated the Stargate SG1 base but I sure hope so.

BetterToRuleInHell
Jul 2, 2007

Touch my mask top
Get the chop chop
Is it worth the expense to get a ssd for my xbone x? I'm not short on cash, buy from what I'm reading the X's hdd is decent and I'm just wondering if it's really worth it to get one.

Zat
Jan 16, 2008

BetterToRuleInHell posted:

Is it worth the expense to get a ssd for my xbone x? I'm not short on cash, buy from what I'm reading the X's hdd is decent and I'm just wondering if it's really worth it to get one.

It's very subjective if it's worth it. It will improve in-game loading times, but by how much varies heavily by game.

Here are some loading time comparisons that seem pretty legit to me: https://www.reddit.com/r/xboxone/comments/aztf1p/comparison_of_load_times_between_hdd_and_ssd_in/

I have a 480GB SSD hooked up to my X and I guess it's pretty nice.

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic

Cojawfee posted:

That's pretty cool that they are making sure that people's content sticks around.

When you haven't had any good original IPs in years, you gotta milk what you can out of what's left.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Raskolnikov2089 posted:

When you haven't had any good original IPs in years, you gotta milk what you can out of what's left.
what the gently caress is this poo poo

FunOne
Aug 20, 2000
I am a slimey vat of concentrated stupidity

Fun Shoe
I think even on the One X it's a decent quality of life improvement if you have the funds.

Yeah, it's 10 or 15 seconds on load. But that's the same as skipping a few commercials during a show. And most people consider that a huge deal.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Intel&Sebastian posted:

drat I cannot for the life of me remember if I uploaded the map me and my wife made where we recreated the Stargate SG1 base but I sure hope so.

If you find out for sure please post a link. That is extremely relevant to my interests.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Gears 5 is available for pre-load now if you pre-ordered or have game pass.

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

Every demon wants his pound of flesh

I said come in! posted:

Gears 5 is available for pre-load now if you pre-ordered or have game pass.

Cheers. Annoyingly, Blair Witch isn't available for preload, so I have to wait til 1700 to download. Sadface.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc

DrNutt posted:

If you find out for sure please post a link. That is extremely relevant to my interests.

I was hoping someone here could search it out with our old usernames when this thing is up and running. It was one of those things where you're playing at like 8pm and go "oh wouldn't it be funny if we made a stargate" and then all of a sudden it's 6am and you're googling pictures of the gate room like :hmmyes:

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

WattsvilleBlues posted:

Cheers. Annoyingly, Blair Witch isn't available for preload, so I have to wait til 1700 to download. Sadface.

I just grabbed Man of Medan. Loved Until Dawn and really looking forward to playing it tonight with my girlfriend. Let me know how that turns out. We love co-oping horror games.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Intel&Sebastian posted:

I was hoping someone here could search it out with our old usernames when this thing is up and running. It was one of those things where you're playing at like 8pm and go "oh wouldn't it be funny if we made a stargate" and then all of a sudden it's 6am and you're googling pictures of the gate room like :hmmyes:

You've just locked my chevrons

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

Every demon wants his pound of flesh

Beastie posted:

I just grabbed Man of Medan. Loved Until Dawn and really looking forward to playing it tonight with my girlfriend. Let me know how that turns out. We love co-oping horror games.

I don't think Blair is Witch is a co-op in any way? I had planned to play it tonight but I've just been summoned for family shenanigans as I type this.

Report back on MoM. I don't have a PS4 but would love one for Until Dawn and Spider-Man.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc

Cojawfee posted:

You've just locked my chevrons

chovah KREE!

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

WattsvilleBlues posted:

I don't think Blair is Witch is a co-op in any way? I had planned to play it tonight but I've just been summoned for family shenanigans as I type this.

Report back on MoM. I don't have a PS4 but would love one for Until Dawn and Spider-Man.

I didn’t mean to imply Blair Witch was co-op, I was mentioning another horror game. I’ll let you know how it is.

Heard it’s a bit clunky but they all are.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Making me sad we never got a good SG-1 game right now.

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic

American McGay posted:

what the gently caress is this poo poo

:cries in spiderman:

I am intrigued by the walled garden of games they're taking. Add in MS Cloud and they might have a market. I have yet too see any of the first party innovation of Sony/Nintendo though. Every original IP is cancelled or turns out to be a warmed over turd (Crackdown 3).

But the budget PC direction they're moving I think will work out well for them.

Raskolnikov2089 fucked around with this message at 18:21 on Aug 31, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Goon horde (mode),

Made a Gears 5 thread for the game dropping next week. The fact that it’s $2 to play at launch and no season pass stuff has me interested to play for a bit. Gonna get some goons involved with some giveaways too since $2 is nothing and I can probably help throw about $20-$30 out to those who want to play for launch.

Either way, if you care at all, here’s the thread! https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3897451&perpage=40

The games pass for Xboner/PC is one of the best things they’ve ever done. Pumped.