Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://mangadex.org/chapter/698840/1
chapter 77

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Don’t do it little boy. Trust in your friend’s righteous anger.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
things are getting even more complicated with who the actual antagonist is. it's kind of insane how we can feasibly imagine either deido or the invaders themselves joining the main team eventually to defeat the other one. i also just adore the relationship between deido and "shino" because it's so nuanced and unique. and the characters themselves are amazing in their own rights too.

get hype for all the amazing moments that this exposition is building the foundation for!

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Ethiser posted:

Don’t do it little boy. Trust in your friend’s righteous anger.
Yeah, I still don't trust the house since it's the invaders that were stealing from the cool alien planet. I think Deido is a problem for everyone, but they still wouldn't balk at getting access to a stream and taking over the planet. But at least we know where it's weak point is now.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
Hey, for all we know, it's the 'chill' planet that abducted a group of folks to be it's army. Probably not, given how close to death it seemed to get, but still...

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

it's really funny that the aliens' plan only changed once our group of heroes apparently blew up the majority of what was left of their species (that wasn't used as paint) - puttin' the dots together they were digging a hole to escape deido and then gently caress up humanity's poo poo

and deido inadvertently hosed them over even more by helping out takoha, though it's less inadvertently and more 'he literally doesn't care one way or the other'

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://mangadex.org/chapter/702703
chapter 78, and the end of volume 8!

Magissima
Apr 15, 2013

I'd like to introduce you to some of the most special of our rocks and minerals.
Soiled Meat
drat Rokurou, that was a pretty dumb move. Whatever happened to "Souboutei must be destroyed"?

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
gently caress this house and gently caress everything attached to it I knew this girl couldn't be trusted. They aren't even chill planet they are the homeworld that decided to mine it's own moon for resources.

Populon
Mar 1, 2008

What's the matter,scared?

So its the same alien species on both planets?

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

If Deido isn't Seiichi's brother and there is no time dilation going on in the house, it's pretty obvious what the deal with Kaerikuro and Zanka is.
It only clicked when I saw her attack with her hair again this chapter.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Lurking Haro posted:

If Deido isn't Seiichi's brother and there is no time dilation going on in the house, it's pretty obvious what the deal with Kaerikuro and Zanka is.
It only clicked when I saw her attack with her hair again this chapter.

do tell! :allears:

(though its also pretty obvious that there's time shenanigans in the house)

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

Mr. Steak posted:

do tell! :allears:

(though its also pretty obvious that there's time shenanigans in the house)

Kaerikuro is probably a descendant of Makoto, Seiichi's little brother. This explains the manipulation of her hair and the magic water that heals Zanka (and makes them both ageless/slow aging?).

When I tried looking up the trinket she has, I noticed Makoto doesn't appear in any of the flashbacks until the introduction of the white ocean.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Lurking Haro posted:

Kaerikuro is probably a descendant of Makoto, Seiichi's little brother. This explains the manipulation of her hair and the magic water that heals Zanka (and makes them both ageless/slow aging?).

When I tried looking up the trinket she has, I noticed Makoto doesn't appear in any of the flashbacks until the introduction of the white ocean.

you mean looking for the picture in the comic? or like googling it somehow? (no shade, that would be a valid way to investigate)

e: you're right that makoto doesn't make an appearance before the Big flashback, but what does that have to do with kaerikuro's object...?

e2: i also heard the theory that, like, kaerikuro knew makoto in the past or maybe was saved by makoto's water before losing her memories. also slight tangent, i love the plot pacing of introducing kaerikuro's mysterious object as a clue, and then leaving it alone for a while just letting us puzzle it out

Mr. Steak fucked around with this message at 19:06 on Sep 5, 2019

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

Mr. Steak posted:

you mean looking for the picture in the comic? or like googling it somehow? (no shade, that would be a valid way to investigate)

e: you're right that makoto doesn't make an appearance before the Big flashback, but what does that have to do with kaerikuro's object...?

e2: i also heard the theory that, like, kaerikuro knew makoto in the past or maybe was saved by makoto's water before losing her memories. also slight tangent, i love the plot pacing of introducing kaerikuro's mysterious object as a clue, and then leaving it alone for a while just letting us puzzle it out

Just looking through the chapters if Makoto is holding anything that looks similar, that's how I noticed he didn't show up until later.

Now wait for the puzzle piece to be a literal puzzle piece. It does look like it could be part of one of those wooden 3D puzzles.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.
I love that Deido is just so evil and frightening that an alien super-intelligence got terrified into submission by looking into his mind, and while I do enjoy cosmic horror I'm honestly very glad that "oh there are invading aliens" isn't the final reveal of what the hell is up with the house.

Decoy Badger
May 16, 2009
The big revelation here for me is that the other ocean planet was just a natural satellite, after all that mucking about with interstellar wormholes. Everyone is related, wonder if drill-hands will get his water hacked at some point since the organisms seem evolutionarily close enough.

I'm hoping for some kind of denouement so that all the other characters get to come back and take another stab at the house. They've stopped the most urgent danger, it's a bit silly to keep running around without support at this point.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
my crack theory (which doesnt have any basis other than what's in english so far) is that either the invaders, "him" or both are actually humans evolved for billions of years, and seiichi etc were transported billions of years into the future. at the very least, as far as im concerned its confirmed that "his planet" is evolved from a human-*like* organism. i say that because of this line:

yes the line says lightyears the unit of distance and it confuses thefuck out of me too

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
chapter 79

https://mangadex.org/chapter/705065

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
chapter 80

https://mangadex.org/chapter/707626

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
When the alien water encountered Deido, they wound up finding out that he wasn't the man who stared into the abyss and was touched by it. He's the abyss itself.
Now the alien water finds out that while they have learned how to break a man's core, they aren't any match for the raging inferno of righteous fury and utter revulsion.

Good on Kazuhiro for faking me out, I actually doubted that the kid forgot the title of the story. gently caress this house it's going down.

Decoy Badger
May 16, 2009
Waiting excitedly for the part where everyone asphyxiates to death. That's a lot of nitrogen to go spilling around.

Also, the part where the previously ultra high oxygen content causes the whole place to light spontaneously and uncontrollably on fire.

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

Chapter rules.

Soulfucker
Feb 15, 2012

i,m going to kill myself on friday #wow #whoa
Fun Shoe
Yes, get hosed house

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
chapter 81
https://mangadex.org/chapter/709549

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
chapter 82
https://mangadex.org/chapter/711986/1

Foxfire_
Nov 8, 2010

Chapter delivered on title

Reallycoolname
Feb 26, 2008

Take a look! It's in a book!
Boy I cannot wait for these edgy swordlords to eat poo poo and die.

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
binged this series in a single sitting, super glad i saw the thread title and became intrigued. portions of this really reminded me of the southern reach trilogy

what a crazy cliff hanger chapter to catch up with

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Foxfire_ posted:

Chapter delivered on title

And yet somehow it still came as a complete surprise to me when it happened.

Hiro Protagonist
Oct 25, 2010

Last of the freelance hackers and
Greatest swordfighter in the world

Brought To You By posted:

And yet somehow it still came as a complete surprise to me when it happened.
Yeah, I was in the same boat. It makes sense when you think about how most writers think that accurately writing children means they must make the worst possible decision at every moment, rather than the profoundly vindictive fucks children all are.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
oh shoot i forgot to update this thread with chapter 83
https://mangadex.org/chapter/713090

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
oh and heres 84 also
https://mangadex.org/chapter/714946

Decoy Badger
May 16, 2009
All right, the gang's almost reunited, edgelords are rebuffed, and Takoha is in mortal peril. Souboutei destruction looking good.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://mangadex.org/chapter/717591/1

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

Nuke the tiny ghosts away

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://mangadex.org/chapter/721658/1

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Oh. That changes a lot actually. Gonna need to declare exterminatus.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Die, fucktarded house.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Pewdiepie posted:

Die, fucktarded house.

new thread title please, mods. tia