Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KingMob
Feb 12, 2004
Et In Arcadia Ego
I, KingMob, Oath for August

3 Kurnoth Hunters and 1 Arch-Revenant for AoS, GW

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

ASK ME ABOUT HOW SCOTLAND'S PROPOSED TRANS LEGISLATION IS DIVISIVE AS HELL BECAUSE IT IS SO SWEEPING THAT IT COULD BE POTENTIALLY ABUSED AT A TIME WHERE THE LACK OF SAFETY FOR WOMEN HAS BEEN SO GLARING
I Ugleb hereby oath for the month of August, 20 Frog Men for Hellboy the Boardgame by Mantic Games.

This is going to be an exercise in restraint and focus, I don't do large batch painting often for a reason!

Galaspar
Aug 20, 2006
Will reign this way again
For August I, Galaspar, oath six converted Chaos Cultists made from GW Cawdor and Zombies

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

I, Zark the Damned, Oath the following for August 2019

One converted Tin Man from Reaper
Two halves of a shipwreck from Games Workshop

Also gonna tidy up this wreck of a desk!

Sorry for the delay, I've had a hectic couple of weeks but I'm hoping to get caught up with everything this weekend.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Zark the Damned posted:

I, Zark the Damned, Oath the following for August 2019

One converted Tin Man from Reaper
Two halves of a shipwreck from Games Workshop

Also gonna tidy up this wreck of a desk!

Sorry for the delay, I've had a hectic couple of weeks but I'm hoping to get caught up with everything this weekend.

Galaspar posted:

For August I, Galaspar, oath six converted Chaos Cultists made from GW Cawdor and Zombies

Ugleb posted:

I Ugleb hereby oath for the month of August, 20 Frog Men for Hellboy the Boardgame by Mantic Games.

This is going to be an exercise in restraint and focus, I don't do large batch painting often for a reason!

KingMob posted:

I, KingMob, Oath for August

3 Kurnoth Hunters and 1 Arch-Revenant for AoS, GW

LazyAngel posted:

I, LazyAngel, Oath for August the Godsworn Hunt, from Warhammer Underworlds

Yvonmukluk posted:

I, Yvonmukluk, oath 1 28mm Games Workshop Primaris Space Marine Captain for August 2019.

Mikey Purp posted:

I, Mikey Purp oath for the month of August one Seraphon Scar-veteran on Carnosaur from Games Workshop.

Duct Tape posted:

I, Duct Tape, oath for August four Custodes Guards and one Tech-Priest Enginseer, all from Games Workshop.

Ashcans posted:

I, Ashcans, oath 1 ork Deffkopta for August

Icon Of Sin posted:

I, Icon of Sin, being of unsound mind, dark intent, and ill repute, oath to paint these minis this month:

There’s one snowtrooper squad, and one E-Web blaster. Both are by Fantasy Flight Games, for Star Wars: Legion.

I’m also feeling a Need for Speed here, with the 5 normal snowtroopers (all of them, minus the 2 with a flamethrower or an ion cannon) :getin:

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

I, Grizzled Patriarch, pledge for the month of August one Beholder from Nolzur's Marvelous Miniatures.

Approved!

The spreadsheet should now be up to date with all the completions. I'm currently working on the July Gallery (I double checked the pics this time!) and it should be up soon.

OK, Gallery is up too - https://imgur.com/a/9zsgquf - go check for your pics!

Zark the Damned fucked around with this message at 19:00 on Aug 10, 2019

gameraMan
Dec 16, 2008

Aaaaaaagh!
I, gameraMan, oath 2 lizard warriors and 1 dwarf wizard dude for August

Reaper bones minis, going for Obligatory Conversion Month: figs are pre-modification, with likely warhammer fantasy lizardman parts to replace with shown below (at least 1 head and all swords replaced).

gameraMan fucked around with this message at 02:46 on Aug 11, 2019

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

I, Cat Face Joe, oath the following for August:

One (converted) Hexa Hacker from Corvus Belli, 28mm.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten
I, wdarkk, oath the following for August: one Shaltari Battlecruiser, One Shaltari Heavy Cruiser, one Shaltari Cruiser, and two Shaltari Voidgates for Dropfleet Commander.

I'm claiming Obligatory Conversion Month: Adapt, Improvise, and Overcome. Each of the cruisers is magnetized to take any legal combination of weapons (I'm doing a bunch on the busted knife there).

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
I, DoorknobSlobber, oath to paint 1 Lord Executioner for August

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
Oath Complete

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

I realized it's gotten out of control. I realize I'm out of control.

Mikey Purp posted:

I, Mikey Purp oath for the month of August one Seraphon Scar-veteran on Carnosaur from Games Workshop.

Oath Addition!

The Untamed Beasts Warband from Warcry by GW

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Yvonmukluk posted:

I, Yvonmukluk, oath 1 28mm Games Workshop Primaris Space Marine Captain for August 2019.

Oath Addition!

I, Yvonmukluk, oath to rescue 1 28mm Games Workshop Primaris Space Marine Intercessor for August 2019.

I'm going for Rescue Ranger on this guy.

Brock Samsonite
Feb 3, 2010

Reality becomes illusory and observer-oriented when you study general relativity. Or Buddhism. Or get drafted.

I, Brock Samsonite, oath the following for August: 1 Thornwind from Dark Age (Converted)

This month has been a real bitch schedule wise so only 1 miniature. Next month hopefully I can do more.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

I, NTRabbit, oath to paint for the month of August

1 Forge Father Sturnhammer Battle Tank / Brandr Urban Assault Vehicle / Drakkar APC by Mantic (28mm)

This one came with a part missing, so I decided to replace it with plasticard, MDF, bitz, and some motherboard standoff screws, so now in Battle Tank mode it's The Lord's Seat, ie a command tank with a dome area shield projector

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

NTRabbit posted:

I, NTRabbit, oath to paint for the month of August

1 Forge Father Sturnhammer Battle Tank / Brandr Urban Assault Vehicle / Drakkar APC by Mantic (28mm)

This one came with a part missing, so I decided to replace it with plasticard, MDF, bitz, and some motherboard standoff screws, so now in Battle Tank mode it's The Lord's Seat, ie a command tank with a dome area shield projector

Brock Samsonite posted:

I, Brock Samsonite, oath the following for August: 1 Thornwind from Dark Age (Converted)

This month has been a real bitch schedule wise so only 1 miniature. Next month hopefully I can do more.

Yvonmukluk posted:

Oath Addition!

I, Yvonmukluk, oath to rescue 1 28mm Games Workshop Primaris Space Marine Intercessor for August 2019.

Mikey Purp posted:

Oath Addition!

The Untamed Beasts Warband from Warcry by GW

Doorknob Slobber posted:

I, DoorknobSlobber, oath to paint 1 Lord Executioner for August

wdarkk posted:

I, wdarkk, oath the following for August: one Shaltari Battlecruiser, One Shaltari Heavy Cruiser, one Shaltari Cruiser, and two Shaltari Voidgates for Dropfleet Commander.

I'm claiming Obligatory Conversion Month: Adapt, Improvise, and Overcome. Each of the cruisers is magnetized to take any legal combination of weapons (I'm doing a bunch on the busted knife there).

gameraMan posted:

I, gameraMan, oath 2 lizard warriors and 1 dwarf wizard dude for August

Reaper bones minis, going for Obligatory Conversion Month: figs are pre-modification, with likely warhammer fantasy lizardman parts to replace with shown below (at least 1 head and all swords replaced).

Cat Face Joe posted:

I, Cat Face Joe, oath the following for August:

One (converted) Hexa Hacker from Corvus Belli, 28mm.

Approved!

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Hero of the soviet union.
Accidental destroyer of planets
Oath Complete!

Brock Samsonite
Feb 3, 2010

Reality becomes illusory and observer-oriented when you study general relativity. Or Buddhism. Or get drafted.

:siren: Oath Complete! :siren:

Proof on Need For Speed

Claiming Completion, Obligatory Conversion Month, and Need for Speed

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

:pcgaming: July Judgement

3rd Place (1 Point): Zark the Damned

These guys are full of character, I especially like the crazy hair on the fire wizard, and the freehand is a nice touch.

2nd Place (2 Points): LazyAngel

I love the mood of these, they feel very overgrown and ancient, and the effort you put into the weapon blades is impressive.

1st Place (3 Points): Brock Samsonite

Just a fantastic group in general, you've carried the purple through the warband brilliantly, and the flamer duo really sell the look you were going for.

Bonus Point: Galaspar

The pink flame on the master of possession is a perfect choice, and the conversion work you've done on the death guard is brilliant!

Electric Hobo
Oct 22, 2008

Grimey Drawer
:kingsley:July judgement!:kingsley:

Third place, 1 point: Brock Samsonite

Great OSL, I love that it affects the other guy. Solid work and a good color scheme.

Second place, 2 points: Duct Tape

Still going strong with the martians!

First place, 3 points: LazyAngel

Great NMM! I like your use of different greens to make the different elements stand out more. Great work!

Bonus, 1 point: Zark the Damned

Nice fire, and I like that in carries over to his hair.

Duct Tape
Sep 30, 2004

Huh?

Duct Tape posted:

I, Duct Tape, oath for August four Custodes Guards and one Tech-Priest Enginseer, all from Games Workshop.

Oath Complete! It took a while to nail down the color scheme I wanted for these Custodes, and once I finally settled on one then the bulk of the work was edge highlighting. Tons of work for some basic troop models, but I do love how they turned out.

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

Oath Complete!

Claiming August - Roll you own for the arms and neck conversion.

Body:

Arms:

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten
Oath Complete!

Claiming August - Roll your own for the swappable weapons, you can see (some) of the alternate configurations in the individual pics.

Dr. Gargunza
May 19, 2011

He damned me for a eunuch,
and my mother for a whore.

Fun Shoe
:siren: July Judgements! :siren:

Third Place, 1 point: Doorknob

This necromancer's really subtle. The limited color palette and smooth gradients (especially on the skulls) lend a delightful realism to the piece. The detail on that face is outstanding.

Second Place, 2 points: Brock Samsonite

Lots of excellent contrasts at work here, both color- and value-wise. The contrast really helps accentuate the action poses of your cultists, making the models seem more dynamic. The exhaust from the flamer is a particular highlight.

First Place, 3 points: LazyAngel

"Gleaming" is the perfect word for these fierce wood elves. The weapon blades immediately draw the eye with their sharp, glowing edges; against the earthy, foresty tones of the rest of the models, that high contrast blue-white makes the whole tableau feel magical.

Bonus Point: Grizzled Patriarch

This lich may seem simple, and as a Bones sculpt it's a bit muddy. But your work really shines in the details: the scrollwork, the corroded crown, the eye glows, and that gem at the belt, all combine to give this mini a suitable air of menace and ancient power.

LazyAngel
Mar 17, 2009

ijyt posted:

2nd Place (2 Points): LazyAngel

I love the mood of these, they feel very overgrown and ancient, and the effort you put into the weapon blades is impressive.

Electric Hobo posted:

First place, 3 points: LazyAngel

Great NMM! I like your use of different greens to make the different elements stand out more. Great work!

Dr. Gargunza posted:

First Place, 3 points: LazyAngel

"Gleaming" is the perfect word for these fierce wood elves. The weapon blades immediately draw the eye with their sharp, glowing edges; against the earthy, foresty tones of the rest of the models, that high contrast blue-white makes the whole tableau feel magical.

Thanks! They were pretty fun to paint, even with the pain of realising I should have started before finishing assembly.

LazyAngel
Mar 17, 2009

Oath Complete!

Took way too long, and result is a bit messy. Tried to go for a Frazetta/Vallejo-style with a limited colour palette; think it came out okay.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Oath Complete

Converted Reaper Bones Tin Man, a Warforged bodyguard for an upcoming RPG. Has a weapon swap and a bunch of equipment added to him (from the Bones weapons pack and some Frostgrave Soldier bits), and taken off the integrated base onto a normal square one. Normally looks like this:

AOS shipwreck, getting some use today in Frostgrave!

EDIT: Forgot I also oathed to tidy my desk up!

Zark the Damned fucked around with this message at 16:56 on Aug 31, 2019

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Grey Hunter posted:

Oath Complete!

Um I hate to say this, but I can't find your actual oath post for this...

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

ASK ME ABOUT HOW SCOTLAND'S PROPOSED TRANS LEGISLATION IS DIVISIVE AS HELL BECAUSE IT IS SO SWEEPING THAT IT COULD BE POTENTIALLY ABUSED AT A TIME WHERE THE LACK OF SAFETY FOR WOMEN HAS BEEN SO GLARING
Oath Complete!

Duct Tape
Sep 30, 2004

Huh?
:catdrugs: July Judgement :catdrugs:
Sorry for the delay, life stuff is awful and busy and awful. Getting that out of the way, judging this month was particularly difficult because of the excellent entries all around.

3rd Place (1pts): LazyAngel

The smooth blends, non-metalic-metals, and clean paint jobs make this one stand out. Great stuff!

2rd Place (2pts): Mikey Purp

These look like what you'd see if you were on a drug trip and took a break for a second, stronger drug trip. Incredibly vibrant colors that all work and blend together.

1rd Place (3pts): Brock Samsonite

Fantastic. The bloom from the flamer, the OSL on the rest of the model from it, and the OSL on neighboring models from the flamer make these guys look like a full team that belongs together, and not just individual models. The quality on all the rest of the model is top-notch as well.

Bonus (1pts): Ugleb

Bonus point for painting terrain, tokens, and bits and bobs. Something which I'm woefully behind on, and I respect anyone who spends quality time on them. Love the chaotic notes scrawled on the large open book!

KingMob
Feb 12, 2004
Et In Arcadia Ego
Oath Complete!

Ilor
Feb 2, 2008

That's a crit.
Is that all done using Contrast paints?

KingMob
Feb 12, 2004
Et In Arcadia Ego
No contrast used. The tree-ghosty parts were done using a wash made from Army Painter Royal Cloak and wash medium.

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

I realized it's gotten out of control. I realize I'm out of control.

Duct Tape posted:

2rd Place (2pts): Mikey Purp

These look like what you'd see if you were on a drug trip and took a break for a second, stronger drug trip. Incredibly vibrant colors that all work and blend together.

Thanks so much! Your description is exactly what I was going for, so I'm glad they really mess with your head haha.

In other news, due to my trip being extended by the hurricane hitting the east coast I'm gonna go ahead and call my oath a failure for this month. The main bummer is that for both of them I attempted to get the speed run achievment, so I did like 80% of the work in the first week of August. Oh well, I'll get it next month.

Mikey Purp fucked around with this message at 05:12 on Aug 30, 2019

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Yvonmukluk posted:

Yvonmukluk posted:

Oath Addition!

Oath Complete!

As mentioned, claiming Rescue Ranger for the Intercessor, and Obligatory Conversion Month for the Primaris Captain, as illustrated in this comparison image with a standard Primaris Captain:

I chopped the moulded arms off & replaced them with ones from the Imperial Fists upgrade sprue, swapping out the bolt-pistol hand for a pistol hand from a Mark III tactical squad sprue. The more eagle-eyed among you may have noted that the Iron Halo's missing a few spikes compared to the stock captain (and initial oath photo) because I dropped the model and a few came off, so I had to make it symmetrical made a completely intentional choice to make it less visually busy.

Edit: I also used a spare head from Lieutenant Calsius (the exclusive Lieutenant from Warhammer: Conquest) for the helmet.

Yvonmukluk fucked around with this message at 20:34 on Aug 31, 2019

Galaspar
Aug 20, 2006
Will reign this way again
Oath Complete!

Claiming Obligatory Conversion Month for the extensive kit-bashing.

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

Oath Complete

I am claiming Obligatory Conversion for the modifications of the rotor (four blades to three) and switching the Rokkits on the base model to Shootas.

I literally just finished so I'm stuck with mediocre last-minute photography. :v:

Flash makes the contrasts crazy extreme, but there was no other way to get a decent look at the pilot under everything else.

gameraMan
Dec 16, 2008

Aaaaaaagh!
August Oath Complete!

Claiming Obligatory Conversion Month for the big lizard head and weapon swap, small lizard weapon and added the wizard fire at the top of the staff:

Sorry lousy pictures this month...

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

OATH COMPLETE

Turns out the last day of winter and first day of spring are not conducive to army painter shade drying, so have some finished but still shiny and slightly tacky tank pics

The matt spray will have to wait until next weekend.

Still, claiming Obligatory Conversion Month on both types of challenge, for the scratch built shield projector, and for the swappable upper hulls and turrets.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

OK folks, August is over, onwards to September

quote:

September - This is an Art Attack
Your model should feature a freehand design. This could be some nose art on a plane or spaceship, some wicked tribal tatoos on a berserker, or arcane patterns inside a wizard's spellbook.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KingMob
Feb 12, 2004
Et In Arcadia Ego
I, KingMob, Oath for September...

Gaia and Fiddler for Aristeia, Corvus Belli.