Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gareth Gobulcoque
Jan 10, 2008

Truniht posted:

who the gently caress goes to Daytona for vacation

boomers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poniard
Apr 3, 2011

daytona

let's go away

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Never seen that before lol, what was the fallout from that?

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Does anyone have that fake nws report that ends with IVAN IS COMEING IVAN IS COMEING or whatever hurricane it was for

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

CODChimera posted:

A bunch of kids died it was super sad

pancake rabbit
Feb 21, 2011

lol this latest gfs is *chef's kiss*

oh btw not only is monday night a high tide, it's a king tide

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug

CODChimera posted:

for some reason Shep has unknowable amounts of dirt on Fox News upper management and can do whatever he wants on air

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Cacafuego posted:

In Orlando this evening, I got to a Wawa and pulled in behind a big gently caress off pickup truck attached to a boat that was taking up 2 pumps, one for the truck, one for the boat, natch. As I thought he was getting done, I was like, great and put my car in D. Nope, he was just getting (literally) 5 gas cans out to pump one by one from the pump the boat was lodged at.

lol I went to one gas station and i had to circle twice for about 10 minutes then the attendant said they were out of gas so everyone went to the next gas station literally across the street. I pulled in behind a truck which was waiting for a car to finish up at the pump. 5 minutes later, truck's turn, takes a while to fill up the truck with his credit card for a few minutes then lifts the back, takes out a tank and fills it up.

Everyone is running out everywhere so imagine when that happens when natural gas resources run dry especially in multiple states of emergencies~, crush car culture before it owns us imo

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

https://twitter.com/JohnMoralesNBC6/status/1167272291274829824

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

wouldn't it be funny if a hurricane landed directly on maralago and scraped it from the surface of the earth while not really touching anything else around it and evangelicals pretend like it's not a sign from god because reasons?

rabble rabble
Mar 24, 2015

Nap Ghost
that would indeed be funny, but not in the ha ha sense, so much as the loving kill me sense

Doc Walrus
Jan 2, 2014

Cryin' Chris is a WASTE.
Nap Ghost
Wouldn't it do more damage if it landed just barely south of Mar-a-lmao? If it was hit directly it'd just pass through the eye

Chuka Umana
Apr 30, 2019

by sebmojo
lol this went from a live update page on the guardian and ny times to not being mentioned at all in like 6 hours

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

But Rocks Hurt Head posted:

for some reason Shep has unknowable amounts of dirt on Fox News upper management and can do whatever he wants on air

fox news is structured like fiefdoms of the major on air personalities. they all can do whatever they want and no consistent messaging is enforced. so shep can be a centrist shitlib and tucker can call for crystalnacht. i think it got this way when roger ailes was gone but im not up on deets, just repeating poo poo ive seen posted

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
looks like dorian just gonna park directly over maralargo and drown the entire state of florida

cool

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

But Rocks Hurt Head posted:

nah fox uses him as a "FAIR AND BALANCED" talking head to pretend to give legitimacy to the network. also hes on earlier before most boomers tune in the evening.

and hes also been there a loving long time and probably has decent security from that alone. even at his best he doesn't do anything to really rock the status quo other than once in awhile going 'this is extremely hosed up!!!" to something repubicans going "everything is fine kill more brown peeps". don't fall for libs sucking off shep as some paragon, the fucker knows what hes doing and who hes making money for and supporting.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

he likes the true blood program

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

whats the hog lagoon outlook

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

Squizzle posted:

whats the hog lagoon outlook

Most of the big hog lagoons are further north, multiple boomer lagoons are directly in its path though

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

I think the models are starting to agree that the West Palm Beach area is where the track is centering. I found this NOAA site which is pretty fun to look at. Let's you switch between the popular models.
https://ruc.noaa.gov/tracks/

Also at the latest advisory there's a new tropical wave coming off Africa and it's looking healthy.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Lastgirl posted:

took me 15 minutes to get gas today, get the gently caress out of here daytona natives :argh:

there are lines everywhere, in every gas station in town

capitalism owns, when it all comes crumbling down so many people are going to fight for poo poo its going to loving rule

when the hurricane a month after katrina was heading for houston (forgot the name... Ike?) & everyone freaked and bailed that drive is the closest to what the actual apocalypse will look like ive experienced. Took 13 hours to drive to austin, a normally 3 hour drive at most. cars lining the side of the highway, every gas station and store on the road basically being ransacked, fighting over gas. people sitting on top of their cars on the highway as they crawl along at 3 mph. was wild poo poo.

Sheng-Ji Yang has issued a correction as of 13:44 on Aug 30, 2019

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

https://twitter.com/NBCNews/status/1167417820960952323?s=20

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

pancake rabbit posted:

lol this latest gfs is *chef's kiss*

oh btw not only is monday night a high tide, it's a king tide

giving florida a handy

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

Lastgirl posted:

lol I went to one gas station and i had to circle twice for about 10 minutes then the attendant said they were out of gas so everyone went to the next gas station literally across the street. I pulled in behind a truck which was waiting for a car to finish up at the pump. 5 minutes later, truck's turn, takes a while to fill up the truck with his credit card for a few minutes then lifts the back, takes out a tank and fills it up.

Everyone is running out everywhere so imagine when that happens when natural gas resources run dry especially in multiple states of emergencies~, crush car culture before it owns us imo

I saw this guy on Reddit today

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

new meaning to "running on fumes" when he tries to drive with 10 open buckets of gas in the cabin

papersack
Jul 27, 2003

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

when the hurricane a month after katrina was heading for houston (forgot the name... Ike?) & everyone freaked and bailed that drive is the closest to what the actual apocalypse will look like ive experienced. Took 13 hours to drive to austin, a normally 3 hour drive at most. cars lining the side of the highway, every gas station and store on the road basically being ransacked, fighting over gas. people sitting on top of their cars on the highway as they crawl along at 3 mph. was wild poo poo.

You're thinking of Rita. Ike was 2008. Rita is where that bus full of old people blew up near Huntsville because of an oxygen tank malfunction.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

papersack posted:

You're thinking of Rita. Ike was 2008. Rita is where that bus full of old people blew up near Huntsville because of an oxygen tank malfunction.

Ah yeah ike was the one that actually hit houston when i was there

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Real hurthling! posted:

new meaning to "running on fumes" when he tries to drive with 10 open buckets of gas in the cabin

Even more fun will be when the fuel starts dissolving the buckets.

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

i think i can see covers on the buckets already loaded so he's only 99% as dumb as we think he is

big trivia FAIL
May 9, 2003

"Jorge wants to be hardcore,
but his mom won't let him"

hail labor day weekend hurricane satan

Irradiation
Sep 14, 2005

I understand your frustration.
Labor Day hurricanes in Florida ehh?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/1935_Labor_Day_hurricane

quote:

The 1935 Labor Day hurricane was the most intense Atlantic hurricane to make landfall on record in terms of both pressure and wind speed. It was also the most intense Atlantic hurricane on record until Hurricane Gilbert in 1988.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

hey look it has an eye now

https://twitter.com/tropicaltidbits/status/1167490604873502720

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

lmao

natural selection

dont mind me driving with an open trunk full of 5 gallon containers of gas sloshing around fumigating my brain into mush until i crash into a pre-school

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
to be fair, it looks like he has lids judging by the interior of his vehicle.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

that will not save him

Chuka Umana
Apr 30, 2019

by sebmojo
officially cat 3 now

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Chuka Umana posted:

officially cat 3 now

meow

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
blood!!! BLOOD!!!!! BLOOD!!!!!!!!!

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"

Real hurthling! posted:

meow meow meow

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
What if there is a painting of a gentle rain somewhere and we need to chop it up to stop this storm.