Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Daniher is a case of buyer beware, an extended history of soft tissue injuries in a kpp is always a concern and his brother (who wasn't great) retired from persistent groin injuries.
Mind you If he gets over the injuries then it'd me a great pick up but it's certainly a concern.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

The Roar have done a list of a silver linings to disappointing teams this year. The Adelaide one must have been done to trigger NTRabbit

quote:

Adelaide: Crouch Brothers
If it wasn’t for the Crouch brothers, Adelaide’s midfield would have capitulated. The pair were shining lights in what was an otherwise backward step for the Crows in 2019.

Matt averaged 32 touches and Brad collected 30 disposals per match. The duo accounted for 18 goals, 177 tackles, 147 inside 50s, 461 contested possessions, 77 centre clearances, and 14,306 metres gained. It’s fair to say the prolific pair are a huge driving force inside their engine room.

They can both play inside and outside. They’re consistent. If they keep trending up, the Crows will too.

:v:

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Kangaroos hate Hasselblads

Testekill posted:

Daniher is a case of buyer beware, an extended history of soft tissue injuries in a kpp is always a concern and his brother (who wasn't great) retired from persistent groin injuries.
Mind you If he gets over the injuries then it'd me a great pick up but it's certainly a concern.

Gumbleton v 2.0

Fyfe was made AA captain, which seemed to make a bunch of people angry :unsmith:

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

:qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq:
The AA team has very little leg speed

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

You Am I posted:

The Roar have done a list of a silver linings to disappointing teams this year. The Adelaide one must have been done to trigger NTRabbit

:v:

Adelaide's year went to poo poo because we were consistently obliterated in the midfield, so let's cheer on the two stat padding one way runners responsible for much of that :downsbravo:

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.

snaeksikn posted:

The AA team has very little leg speed

The AA team looks like Simon Goodwin was the only selector

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
Welcome back to the hawks Bolts

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Best first year player

1. Walsh (400 votes)
2. Rozee (112)
3. Stack (62)
=4. Clark/Smith (16)

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Cripps win the MVP award.

1. Patrick Cripps 832 votes
2. Tim Kelly 519
3. Lachie Neale 481
4. Grundy 355
5. Fyfe 303

drunkill fucked around with this message at 12:27 on Aug 29, 2019

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

Bontempelli wins the AFLCA player of the year but isn't in the top 5 of the players association MVP

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

I don't think it's nice, you laughing.

Spedman posted:

Bradley Hill on the way out, lots of pissed off Freo fans now that they've found out his contract was front loaded. Interesting to see who he goes to and what we get for him.

Probably Tim Kelly.

It will likely be a 3 way swap with Kelly to Freo, Hill to St Kilda and Jack Steven + pick* to Geelong.

*This will probably be a swap of 1st rounder with Geelong + a 2nd back or something along those lines from both or either Saints or Freo. It depends on how much each team tries and holds out with their respective players.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Geelong ain't giving up Tim Kelly not without a better deal than that one

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

You Am I posted:

I think swap Hill/Kelly would be reasonable, considering they’re close in age, but I doubt Hill would want to go down and live in the Geelong area though.

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
I like Brad Hill but I don’t think a straight swap would be fair at all

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

Kelly is out of contract isnt he?

Straight swaps have a habit of working out when one party is out of contract and ready to walk out for nothing

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

I don't think it's nice, you laughing.
Considering I didnt mention a straight swap at all and Hill hasn't been linked to Geelong at all.. what the hell are you all on about?

You Am I posted:

They may not get a choice. They are pursuing an in contract player from us (Steven) whilst having an out of contract player in Kelly who wants out.

As I said, there will likely be draft picks involved as well but theres no way we would give up Steven AND pick 5 without something back in return.

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
Surely Carlton don’t actually want Eddie Betts back

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

realbez posted:

I like Brad Hill but I don’t think a straight swap would be fair at all

Hill’s played in three flags, B&F at Freo in 2017 and will do well again in 2019 (top three with Walters and Fyfe in front I would have thought). The 666 rule has really worked for him this season too, massive amounts of run off the wing.

As fantastic as Kelly is, how would he go with more attention, what with him being 3rd/4th in-line at the moment at Geelong with Dangerfield/Selwood/Ablett?

You could easily argue the other way too, which I think shows a swap would be relatively fair, especially considering the contract status of both players.

And if it were to happen (I highly doubt it to be honest) it would effectively be a trade of Mayne for Kelly, lol

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

I reckon Melbourne should seriously think about Brayshaw for Hill.

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Solemn Sloth posted:

I reckon Melbourne should seriously think about Brayshaw for Hill.

He just couldn’t get his game together at the Dees this year

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib

realbez posted:

Surely Carlton don’t actually want Eddie Betts back

Yes we do. Experienced small forward who can kick 30 goals a year. He'd be our leading goalkicker this season; although Charlie curnow has been injured this year abd missed a lot of games, mckay has been flat and missing set shots and mcgovern has been bad until he got fit.

Yes a bunch of eddies goals were against the Suns but guess what, we'll play them twice next season.

Bring eddie home and we'll get a membership boost as well. 16 games off playing 200 carlton games too.

We can get him cheap (considering the crows dont want him) and he gets to teach our young small forwards in cuningham, gibbons and owies.

https://twitter.com/zeezou90/status/1167200574955110400?s=19

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Spedman posted:

He just couldn’t get his game together at the Dees this year

I haven’t watched much, but a lot of people have been saying he’s been taken out of the middle a lot this year?

I’d assume he’s still a really attractive prospect for a lot of clubs as a 23 year old who finished third in the Brownlow last year and seems to have gotten over his concussion issues.

I think for us he’s the right mix of can afford to lose and high currency. We’ve got too many inside mids, and I’d rather lose Brayshaw than Oliver. Freo makes sense too given his brother.

Brad Hill is exactly the type of player we don’t have and desperately need.

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

Between big plays for Lever and May only for our defense to get worse I'd be a bit concerned with the Demon's going for a big trade again to try to address a list deficiency.

The Demon's problem isn't talent on the list. If we get Ed Langdon that injects a bit of leg speed but I think the club needs to make sure that internal development is the biggest priority with guys like Salem and Petracca the ones who need to take the next step. A big trade won't fix much. Hill would only force a guy like ANB out of the side and not really make much else of a difference tbh.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Dale Morris has called time on his career.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Sam Walsh wins the rising star (duh) with 54 of a possible 55 votes.

Luke Darcy gave 5 votes to Rozee, 4 to Walsh.

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

drunkill posted:

We can get him cheap (considering the crows dont want him)

WTF yes we do

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Jason Dunstall and Matthew Pavlich are the final two members of the Adelaide Football Club external review panel

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

I don't know whether that's good, I choose to believe yes.

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

NTRabbit posted:

Jason Dunstall and Matthew Pavlich are the final two members of the Adelaide Football Club external review panel

“These are the reasons why I never came to the Crows...”

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Doesn't Tim Kelly explicitly only want to go to WA?

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe

Diet Crack posted:

Doesn't Tim Kelly explicitly only want to go to WA?

Yes

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

And I’m pretty sure his preference is WC, who are not known for making deals for the sake of it

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

NTRabbit posted:

Dunstall often plays the boofhead on TV, but he has a sharp mind, and had a hand in the Clarkson era in a way that is completely opposite to the way Ricciuto and Garry Lyon failed in their manipulations.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
ah yes, I remember growing up watching Teddy Whitten playing our glorious game of AFLX.

EJX Whitten, more like.

Fevola got fat, wanganeen looks like he could still play a few seasons of proper footy. He's 47, but looks 35.

monolithburger
Sep 7, 2011
Holy gently caress is that Daniel 'I'll burn your fucken house down on an ice binge' Kerr?

Also there is no one loving there.

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

There's no one on the camera side of the ground.

McLeod still looks match ready.

They've some how made this worse than the usual EJ game.

monolithburger
Sep 7, 2011
I reckon more people turned up for the Community Cup this year.

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Let's get a little crazy. Let's have some fun.
Oh no the integrity of the Legends game

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

I could only handle a quarter of that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

Let me start off with a basket of chips. Then move on to the pollo asado taco.
Maybe I'm just misremembering it because I was a kid, but were the legends games of the 90s/early 00s a bigger deal/played with just a bit more meaning?