Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

Bone krew got deboned and they got some lame new name I think

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

marathon Stairmaster sesh
Apr 28, 2009

ALL HAIL CEO NUGGET
1988-PRESENT

Bungie took away Bone Crew's name and forced it to be renamed while other clans that got to keep [bone] laugh at us right before we promptly crush their hopes and dreams.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Now I am become Borb,
the Destroyer of Seeb

SmallpoxJenkins posted:

Bone Krew has died by microsoft's hand.

The Stat Boyz have risen from those ashes, their shitposting stronger than ever.

I just played a Crucible match, and hooo boy I am bad. It’s going to take some time to get my groove back.

If anyone wants the most useless member of Bone Krew, add a brother. (Xbox - OldCaptainLog)

Should I buy the Annual Pass? Everywhere I go I’m getting that screamed at me by NPCs.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Captain Log posted:

I just played a Crucible match, and hooo boy I am bad. It’s going to take some time to get my groove back.

If anyone wants the most useless member of Bone Krew, add a brother. (Xbox - OldCaptainLog)

Should I buy the Annual Pass? Everywhere I go I’m getting that screamed at me by NPCs.

Do you own "Forsaken"?

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Now I am become Borb,
the Destroyer of Seeb

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Do you own "Forsaken"?

Yep. Bought the disc with expansion one and two. “The Forsaken Collection,”

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Captain Log posted:

that doesn't include the annual pass stuff. buying Forsaken digitally for $40 would have included it, but iirc you can still buy the pass separately for $15

the black armory and opulence stuff in the annual pass is good, drifter stuff not so much but i do think that includes the last word and thorn quests so it's not a total waste.

basically play what you have now and if it hooks you, get the pass when you finish the campaign and all that

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Captain Log posted:

Did you buy THIS?

Online, just now? Or did you buy a physical disc with a different name than Forsaken Complete Edition?

There are many SKUs with the words "Forsaken", "Collection", "Complete" and all have different content in them. Currently you can buy Forsaken & The Annual Pass for $39.99 which is the way to go

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Now I am become Borb,
the Destroyer of Seeb

Roman posted:

that doesn't include the annual pass stuff. buying Forsaken digitally for $40 would have included it, but iirc you can still buy the pass separately for $15

the black armory and opulence stuff in the annual pass is good, drifter stuff not so much but i do think that includes the last word and thorn quests so it's not a total waste.

basically play what you have now and if it hooks you, get the pass when you finish the campaign and all that

Gotcha! God, it’s like they put effort into being confusing.

I got the physical disc for thirty bucks because I had some credit in my Amazon account. The annual pass is listing at fifteen bucks, and seems to be the only “add on” left for me to buy. I’ll play it a bit and see about it.

My main question - I got D2 when it came out and played up to the first raid. I have a bunch of hysterically under leveled equipment. Should I hang on to anything to infuse later? Or just junk all my stuff when better blues pop up?

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Captain Log posted:

I got the physical disc for thirty bucks because I had some credit in my Amazon account. The annual pass is listing at fifteen bucks, and seems to be the only “add on” left for me to buy. I’ll play it a bit and see about it.

My main question - I got D2 when it came out and played up to the first raid. I have a bunch of hysterically under leveled equipment. Should I hang on to anything to infuse later? Or just junk all my stuff when better blues pop up?

Focus on the Forsaken Campaign. By the end of it you'll be about 500 power and wearing crispy modern purple gear!

Thread Question: Does the Y2 Annual Pass become free for/granted to Forsaken owners on October 1? or on October 1 would Capt Log still have to buy the Annual Pass to do BA/SotD/SoO stuff?

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!
still have to own the AP

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
In that case Captain Log, I would recommend you nab the Annual Pass once you're done with the Forsaken stuff, if you're still enjoying yourself. There is good content in it, and Shadowkeep seems more like an added layer to the existing game rather than Y2-style "throw all the old crap out". Like I think people are still going to be doing Forges and Reckoning and Minaj in Year 3

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Captain Log posted:

Almost nothing from that raid is better than things you can get today (with a few notable exceptions like sins of the past or midnight coup) so most of it isn't worth keeping. You can also use the new Collection feature to rebuy any gear that dropped from pre-Forsaken activities if you ever want to get it back.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Now I am become Borb,
the Destroyer of Seeb
If I can rebuy, I won’t worry about sharding poo poo. Awesome.

You know what? I’ll grab the annual pass. I thought I was buying everything with the disc, but welp!

15 bucks for more poo poo is fine with me. But it’s going to take some time getting my mediocre skills back on track. I’ve played way too much Apex and Battlefield since Destiny.

Captain Log fucked around with this message at 21:58 on Aug 29, 2019

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya
New requirements for Wendigo and Mountaintop quests are out. Wendigo no longer penalizes deaths, gives twice the progress for kills, gives 50% more progress on multikills, and just completing strikes grants a bunch for the third step. Mountaintop requirements cut to 75 multikills, 25 calculated trajectories, with double progress in IB and triple in comp. I'd already got enough CTs, and only have 19 points left for multikills, so time to go be obnoxious in IB until that's done.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Infographic on what's free and what's not and what comes with what

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

Wait, what 4 season passes?

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

SmallpoxJenkins posted:

Wait, what 4 season passes?
each one is $10 separately, shadowkeep comes with one free pass for whatever the current season is. so $60 for deluxe = $35 shadowkeep + 4 season passes. so you save $15 with deluxe if you trust the next 4 seasons will be good

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Now I am become Borb,
the Destroyer of Seeb
I still don't think I spent my money in the best way possible. Purchasing video game content shouldn't be hard to figure out.

But I learned a lesson -

Always check with the Goon Collective first.

(OldCaptainLog - Looking for clan love)

Insane Totoro
Dec 5, 2005

Take cover!!!
That Totoro has an AR-15!
Don't shard certain Leviathan rolls.

For example, a solar pulse from Calus

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

Paracelsus posted:

New requirements for Wendigo and Mountaintop quests are out. Wendigo no longer penalizes deaths, gives twice the progress for kills, gives 50% more progress on multikills, and just completing strikes grants a bunch for the third step. Mountaintop requirements cut to 75 multikills, 25 calculated trajectories, with double progress in IB and triple in comp. I'd already got enough CTs, and only have 19 points left for multikills, so time to go be obnoxious in IB until that's done.

This is out now? So how difficult is it to get mountaintop now?

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Blind Rasputin posted:

This is out now? So how difficult is it to get mountaintop now?

Details are out, the patch is out next week

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D
gently caress me iron banner is such a laggy sbmm hell hole

Milosh
Oct 14, 2000
Forum Veteran
I have been obsessed with getting the Moments of Triumph for the last few weeks.

What is the best way to farm imperials?

I'm 22/24 of the way to my dumb title.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

I was about 90% of the way to mountaintop through regular play so it's cool to know that I'll have it on Tuesday and I can shard this loving prox/rampage play of the game once and for all.

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

Milosh posted:

:same:

somebody carry me through scourge and crown tia

Milosh
Oct 14, 2000
Forum Veteran

kecske posted:

:same:

somebody carry me through scourge and crown tia

I might be able to help with Scourge this weekend on PS4 (Icky_Mettle).

Hobnob
Feb 23, 2006

Ursa Adorandum

Milosh posted:

I have been obsessed with getting the Moments of Triumph for the last few weeks.

What is the best way to farm imperials?

The consumable from Werner gives you about 500 per drop. I found crucible matches were pretty reliable way of getting a payout.
You get 150 per 5k glimmer by opening the chests on the Nessus barge. Do spider bounties when you run out of glimmer.
Most of the menagerie triumphs pay 500-1500 imperials, so you could try any of those you missed.

Also it looks like the raid triumphs don't have to be completed during this season to count, so you probably don't need to rush them. I still don't have Outbreak Perfected or the notorious gambit armour, so I guess I'm going to miss out on this one.

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

Well it's floodin' down in Texas
All of the telephone lines are down

Hobnob posted:

notorious gambit armour, so I guess I'm going to miss out on this one.

Same here, kinda depends on the changes to reckoning next week though.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Does the MMXIX event go until October 1st at reset?

Getting a full set of Notorious armor takes 3x weekly resets if you're starting from scratch.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Moments of Triumph ends on September 17 now.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Well then anyone who wants to get the Notorious Prime Armor triumph done, you will need to start THIS week in order to have enough time.

Getting a Notorious Helmet requires that you do That. Specific. Role's. Bounty. (that specific one!!!!!!!!!!!) three times. Once per week.

Week 1 - Reaper Helmet Bounty
Week 2 - Reaper Helmet Bounty
Week 3 - Reaper Helmet Bounty. Here you go sir, one Notorious Reaper Helmet

If you start this process next Tuesday it is impossible to get MMXIX

Orv
May 4, 2011
It's unlikely that this covers anyone but just to cover the bases if you have not upgraded any of your synths you'll need to do two weekly bounties each week. One to rank up your synth and one for the set you want to farm for the helmet on week three. Yes, doing this blows.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
(pick up the week level 1 synthesizer from Drifter)

Week 1: Reaper Bounty, Synthesizer automatically upgrades to level 2

Week 2: Reaper Bounty, Synthesizer automatically upgrades to level 3

Week 3: Reaper Bounty, receive t3 helmet

No need to do extras

Orv
May 4, 2011
Oh, you know what I did like an idiot fucker, I switched bounty types from week 2 to week 3 because I had a leftover from the week before. :suicide:

Ignore me while I go do the right one.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Orv posted:

Oh, you know what I did like an idiot fucker, I switched bounty types from week 2 to week 3 because I had a leftover from the week before. :suicide:

Dude everyone feels like an idiot fucker at all times during the Prime->Reckoning armor/synth/helmet upgrade loop.

It's so bad it haunts me

Orv
May 4, 2011
I was just frowning and googling poo poo like "Why didn't I get a helmet?" Ugh, what a mess of an everything that season.

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

Well it's floodin' down in Texas
All of the telephone lines are down
I don't have a clue about the helmets but have access to 2nd tier reckoning, I tried it once with MM and it was awful. I have no problem finding a fireteam but MM activites should completable about 99% of the time. The reckoning felt close to what raid MM would be like.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

The Bridge section is so bad. There’s no room for error.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Playing Reckoning without a fireteam means a whole lot of failed runs with idiots. If you're lucky you'll run into a 3-stack with a clue. The best way to get this done is to hit Discord or LFG.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

The bridge section is so loving easy to fix too. Just add 30 seconds to the clock and no one's mad about it anymore.