Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..

Hentai Jihadist posted:

In the DnD version of this thread there was a whole page of ppl agreeing the Queen does a great job considering

Which is hard to argue because she's insanely rich and the country is in such a good way

As senile nazis go,

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

God help you if ever you're caught on these shores

A man's ambition must indeed be small
To write his name upon a shithouse wall

Hentai Jihadist posted:

In the DnD version of this thread there was a whole page of ppl agreeing the Queen does a great job considering

Which is hard to argue because she's insanely rich and the country is in such a good way

she's doing an amazing job of never ever getting involved that'll hopefully cause the whole thing to collapse from whiplash when charles takes over and demands obamacare for homeopathy before announcing his formal affiliation with PIE

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

the royal family lobbies constantly to squeeze more blood from all of us and protect their estates

thats why she doesnt have any time left over to actually do anything, this is supposed to be good for some reason

namesake
Jun 19, 2006

"When I was a girl, around 12 or 13, I had a fantasy that I'd grow up to marry Captain Scarlet, but he'd be busy fighting the Mysterons so I'd cuckold him with the sexiest people I could think of - Nigel Mansell, Pat Sharp and Mr. Blobby."

RobattoJesus posted:

I just overheard a 19 year old explain Brexit to a bunch of non-British people at lunch today. Brexit was actually just a lot of people "who hadn't been listened to" acting out a bit and being silly and she and all her friends are old enough to vote now so actually everything is going to be fine and if they had a second referendum it would be a landslide for remain - also the tories are done for.

I really wanted to just stand up and yell chaos reigns and then spontaneously decompose into the carcass of a fox because lmao that poor naive child.

Well she was right apart from the middle bit about voting to make things all right again.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Hentai Jihadist posted:

It is a bit weird to me that her acting as a glorified rubber stamp with no actual power is the thing that gets people all fired up, when it's one of the least objectionable things about the Monarchy.

Like, just last week they put out a statement that prince Andrew will never face any consequences for all the child rapes he committed and supported, and people had best just shut up about them. It seems a lot more logical to start from there and working your way down the laundry list of old money crimes as you bring out the guillotines.

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

God help you if ever you're caught on these shores

A man's ambition must indeed be small
To write his name upon a shithouse wall

Hentai Jihadist posted:

the royal family lobbies constantly to squeeze more blood from all of us and protect their estates

thats why she doesnt have any time left over to actually do anything, this is supposed to be good for some reason

charles lobbies constantly for nhs provided magic water so if u think about it more blood is actually less

Dance Officer
May 4, 2017

It would be awesome if we could dance!

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

It is a bit weird to me that her acting as a glorified rubber stamp with no actual power is the thing that gets people all fired up, when it's one of the least objectionable things about the Monarchy.

Most of SA seems to be of the opinion that laws only matter when they provide the outcome they support.

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

Spangly A posted:

charles lobbies constantly for nhs provided magic water so if u think about it more blood is actually less

nah think about it

if you dilute it, more blood is magnified 1000 fold!!

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

hahaha they deserve their fate

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

Dance Officer posted:

Most of SA seems to be of the opinion that laws only matter when they provide the outcome they support.

Everyone ever has thought that and if they say otherwise they're lying to themselves and to you

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

euphronius posted:

hahaha they deserve their fate

I wonder what the world would be like if Rupert Murdoch had been eaten by dingoes as a baby.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

foobardog posted:

That's kind of the reason Americans designed the US system as it is. Like the president is powerful, but without a serious Constitutional crisis, they can't just say "welp, Congress stop making laws"

lmao. yeah he just ignores them

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Dance Officer posted:

thats 100% true

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Barry Foster posted:

Everyone ever has thought that and if they say otherwise they're lying to themselves and to you

This is 100% true.

Ayn Randi
Mar 12, 2009

Grimey Drawer
do what makes thou lmao shall be the whole of the law

pdog
May 7, 2013

Party Boat posted:

lol

which department

Transport lol

it’s gonna be fun

e: as an aside there’s like a pretty big falun gong rally outside parliament rn

pdog has issued a correction as of 13:14 on Aug 30, 2019

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I’m glad the liberal utopian dreams are being crushed by fascism

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Dance Officer posted:

jury nulllification is cool and good

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

Dance Officer posted:

most of SA is american, where i gather that this is official policy up to the highest levels

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

brexit is as brexit does

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

euphronius posted:

I’m glad the liberal utopian dreams are being crushed by fascism

In the sense that liberalism is way into being crushed by fascism.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

pdog posted:

Transport lol

it’s gonna be fun

e: as an aside there’s like a pretty big falun gong rally outside parliament rn

being a civil servant in transport makes you, basically, miles edward obrien

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

V. Illych L. posted:

most of SA is american, where i gather that this is official policy up to the highest levels

boris is also american so strap in, this ride will get bumpy for you

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

picture this face above you, grunting

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

Squizzle posted:

boris is also american so strap in, this ride will get bumpy for you

im from norway, britain could sink into the sea and we'd take it as an excuse to do some countercyclical spending going

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

and you're likely 12.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

V. Illych L. posted:

americans understand laws are bullshit, another win for America

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

https://twitter.com/thedailybeast/status/1167416692424740864?s=20

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Only registered members can see post attachments!

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

:thunk:

jackhunter64
Aug 28, 2008

Keep it up son, take a look at what you could have won

This new actor for Holly loving sucks

Doccykins
Feb 21, 2006

carrie knew what she signed up for

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Glad we are rehashing the OJ Simpson trial on a global scale.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

jackhunter64 posted:

Appropriately senile though

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

jackhunter64 posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TxWN8AhNER0`

Replace "white hole" with "brexit"

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

alphabettitouretti posted:

Replace "white hole" with "brexit"

this is the full text of article 50

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

V. Illych L. posted:

*magnas carta

magnarum cartarum

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

manga cumrag

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

Dance Officer posted:

V. Illych L. posted:

extremely british posts lmao