Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Her parents are nobodies, but one of them is Paul Saltines’ kid?

Does not compute.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"

Gonz posted:

Her parents are nobodies, but one of them is Paul Saltines’ kid?

Does not compute.

yeah that part makes no sense. how can u be the son or daughter of a galatic emperor and be a nobody

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog
It sounds fake as hell but you can technically be a 'nobody' if you lived an average life never knowing your father was an important guy.

Still lol, just lol if the whole "Ryan democratized the Force! No more dynastic bloodlines!" bullshit ends up followed by something like this.

Robot Style
Jul 5, 2009

Of all the things to steal from the EU, Rey being this dipshit would be one of the dumbest, but drat if I don't want Hux to bid someone dark greetings at a Mofference.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Ammanas posted:

yeah that part makes no sense. how can u be the son or daughter of a galatic emperor and be a nobody

If they’re illegitimate

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
Kylo Ren in Last Jedi: It's time to let old things die

Kylo Ren in Skywalker Rises or whatever the gently caress: Hey Emperor Palpatine please boss me around I've been a bad bad boy

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

“I want what Vader and Luke had but not with my kid maybe a grandkid instead? I dunno”

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog
To think Sheev would pass on the chance to have someone call him Daddy.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
It's the only "leak" so far to mention Lando in any capacity so it's slightly more credible than the others, but still probably like 90% bullshit

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

I'd still like to know what happened to Luke's badass green lightsaber. Also Anakin's saber should have been brimming with evil rear end Sith energy since lava planet. He killed a shitload of kids with it.

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

Jiro posted:

I'd still like to know what happened to Luke's badass green lightsaber. Also Anakin's saber should have been brimming with evil rear end Sith energy since lava planet. He killed a shitload of kids with it.

Presumably tossed it into the ocean like Rey attempts to in the leak.

That said, the leak as a whole is still suspect (despite the source, which I'd usually see as legit) because it's missing character deets on Jannah, Rose, whoever Matt Smith is supposed to be, etc.

Though I do quite like the bit with Rey closing out the saga by building a golden-hued lightsaber using the parts from Leia's and Anakin's.

Cross-Section fucked around with this message at 00:52 on Aug 31, 2019

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'

YaketySass posted:

To think Sheev would pass on the chance to have someone call him Daddy.

"in time you will call me... Daddy"

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

CharlestonJew posted:

It's the only "leak" so far to mention Lando in any capacity so it's slightly more credible than the others, but still probably like 90% bullshit

its 90% true
search you are feeling

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Ripping off Rotj seems like something JJ would do

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

Apparently, MakingStarWars posted a lot of these rumors an hour before that Reddit post went up, but that site is down so I can't check.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Uncle Wemus posted:

Ripping off Rotj seems like something JJ would do
Ripping off earlier films has been the only consistent thing about the new trilogy

Robot Style
Jul 5, 2009

The whole "ghosts show up to save the protagonist's rear end from Palpatine" is stolen from an early draft of ROTJ, which is also where they got Han's "come out of lightspeed inside the planet's shield" maneuver from TFA, so that tracks as something JJ would do, at least.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Robot Style posted:

The whole "ghosts show up to save the protagonist's rear end from Palpatine" is stolen from an early draft of ROTJ, which is also where they got Han's "come out of lightspeed inside the planet's shield" maneuver from TFA, so that tracks as something JJ would do, at least.

Wasn't that also part of the plot of "Splinter of the Mind's Eye"? Luke ends up facing Vader between ANH and ESB and Obi Wan saves his rear end by essentially possessing him and fighting Vader using Luke's younger body and a crystal that amplified Force power?

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

Milkfred E. Moore posted:

Apparently, MakingStarWars posted a lot of these rumors an hour before that Reddit post went up, but that site is down so I can't check.

Yes, their report included the bit about the dagger, how Threepio ties into it, and that it killed Rey's parents.

Dishwasher
Dec 5, 2006

Congratulations on not getting fit in 2011!
I feel like its real, with a few details left out. I'm also fine with it. It's basically JJ being like "gently caress it! We're pandering." It's just probably the only way he felt he could go forward. I like my big budget blockbusters super pandering, so I'm All In.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

This was posted on Reddit six months ago.

Leak One: Han will appear to Kylo Ren at some point as a vision and it will set him off into a fit of rage.

Leak Two: Luke, as a force ghost, will catch Anakins lightsaber when Rey throws it at him. Its almost the antithesis of the TLJ moment. It shocks Rey.

Leak Three: Palpatine will be back in some form. I guess he has been filmed BUT I have no idea if thats a flashback, force ghost, etc.

Leak Four: In the beginning of the film, Leia will somehow be training Rey a little.

garycoleisgod
Sep 27, 2004
Boo

YaketySass posted:

Still lol, just lol if the whole "Ryan democratized the Force! No more dynastic bloodlines!" bullshit ends up followed by something like this.

This is a view I always found strange, as I thought the Force was already democratized. Sure we spend most of our time with the Skywalkers (Anakin, Luke, Leia, Sheev kinda), but Yoda, Obi-Wan, Maul, Dooku, all the dozens of nameless jedi etc, aren't Skywalkers. So by saying "Anybody can use the force/be a jedi" I never thought was anything new, it was always like that.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Lando - mentioned once then never again
Chewie - never mentioned
Knights of Ren - never mentioned
R2 and bb8 - never mentioned

Sounds about right I guess.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vRaTykUteTM

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Palpatine should definitely remind characters about the tragedy of Darth Plagueis the Wise.

It’s not a story the Jedi would tell them.

Edit: PS: Bubble Opera

Gonz fucked around with this message at 11:11 on Aug 31, 2019

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Milkfred E. Moore posted:

This was posted on Reddit six months ago.

Leak One: Han will appear to Kylo Ren at some point as a vision and it will set him off into a fit of rage.

Leak Two: Luke, as a force ghost, will catch Anakins lightsaber when Rey throws it at him. Its almost the antithesis of the TLJ moment. It shocks Rey.

Leak Three: Palpatine will be back in some form. I guess he has been filmed BUT I have no idea if thats a flashback, force ghost, etc.

Leak Four: In the beginning of the film, Leia will somehow be training Rey a little.

Hasn't Palpatine coming back basically been confirmed at this point?

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Larryb posted:

yes

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Robot Style posted:

Of all the things to steal from the EU, Rey being this dipshit would be one of the dumbest, but drat if I don't want Hux to bid someone dark greetings at a Mofference.

If Kylo and the Knights of Ren don't use it as a greeting, we riot

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Larryb posted:

Plot twist: he shows up early in the movie but Rian Johnson himself sneaks up and murders him unceremoniously. Johnson is the true villain of the new trilogy.

Mandrel
Sep 24, 2006

Rian Johnson finds himself leaping from film to film, loving things up that once went right and hoping each time that his next leap will be the leap home.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Zas posted:

i dont think he's gonna be good in the new movie because he has no reason to be there. he was good in the pt because that was his story

Yeah but his story was garbage, his story didn't make the character great, it's McDiarmid's acting that was perfection.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

Robot Style posted:

Lmao, Ken and his mother, Kendalina. :holymoley:

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

I mean, yes, we all poo poo on George Lucas for using dumb names like Greedo, Elan Sleazbaggano, Dexter Jettster, Count Dooku, and Jek Porkins, but KENDALINA??? Just loving :laffo:

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006

sigher posted:

Yeah but his story was garbage, his story didn't make the character great, it's McDiarmid's acting that was perfection.
Nah, it legitimately is a clever turn on the character. When you see him in RotJ, he's this big ancient evil, but the prequels revel that he's just a basic opportunist. The fact that the antagonists like Maul are being scammed into dying for him when they actually buy into their actions having some real purpose is sad.

The comic Saga has a similar turn where there is just this lovely government worker constantly on his cellphone who shows up every now and then, and by the end of the series, you realize that this guy is actually the closest to a big bad in the comic. But he's just some anonymous rear end in a top hat who the main characters don't even know.

AccountSupervisor
Aug 3, 2004

I am greatful for my loop pedal
I suspect that leak is mostly true except its Matt Smith possessed by Palpatine and its not actually Palpatines body.

its all vert bad but sounds incredibly entertaining at least from a spectacle standpoint so gently caress it here we go

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

AccountSupervisor posted:

I suspect that leak is mostly true except its Matt Smith possessed by Palpatine and its not actually Palpatines body.

its all vert bad but sounds incredibly entertaining at least from a spectacle standpoint so gently caress it here we go

ian mcdarmid is absolutely reprising his role as the emperor in this, maybe as a short part before his body dies/is destroyed and his spirit possesses smith

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

ian will play the role of matt smith's stand

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

I might be inclined to watch this movie if Matt Smith has a creepy, body-horror transformation into Palp-smear. Like his face and body starts stretching, pulsating, and pruning. As he screams out in fear and agony, his howls slowly morph into mocking laughter, and then it's Ian McDarmid standing front-and-center.

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog
Ballsack makeup McDarmid or just regular?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

YaketySass posted:

Ballsack makeup McDarmid or just regular?

Definitely ballsack makeup. Let's just Society the gently caress out of the transformation.