Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Ruffian Price posted:

Honestly I envy people who missed half the internet speculating about how Tifa's tits are gonna be with SE dangling the carrot just out of frame

And then the resulting shitstorm when it turned out the result was the same but with additional ethics added in

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Ruffian Price posted:

Honestly I envy people who missed half the internet speculating about how Tifa's tits are gonna be with SE dangling the carrot just out of frame

My secret is that I don't have a twitter account

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

I'm amazed that people are excited about that game but nostalgia is a hell of a drug. The fact that so many people at E3 got excited just to see Tifa in a trailer let me know that I wasn't really this game's target audience

I didn't think I was excited but then I saw the E3 trailer and I am excited

Similarly I thought the FF fanservice in FF14 would not impress me but I started playing the game and I got a mount that plays Terra theme and I walked into a cave with a Matoya and Matoya's theme from FF1 started playing and man I am a sucker for that stuff

It's 90% hearing the music again really

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Oxxidation posted:

we light the lamps and gather our strength as we await the return of akechi discourse

akechi is my son and i love him

Also, I need to save up for the Switch Lite and PS4 for 2020.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
https://twitter.com/Njimadds/status/1163098022659493888
https://twitter.com/Njimadds/status/1155456110750359554
https://twitter.com/Njimadds/status/1162662280330301440
https://twitter.com/Njimadds/status/1162900469934481410
https://twitter.com/Njimadds/status/1162977707732291585
https://twitter.com/Njimadds/status/1162676541240700928

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
:stwoon:

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010
10,000 POSTS ON TALKING TIME

wow smt5 is looking really interesting

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT
i didn't know I wanted an SMT alternate reality phone game but holy poo poo ATLUS X Niantic when

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold

He forgot to change the year on this one.

Iceclaw
Nov 4, 2009

Fa la lanky down dilly, motherfuckers.

Dr. Fishopolis posted:

i didn't know I wanted an SMT alternate reality phone game but holy poo poo ATLUS X Niantic when

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.sega.d2megaten.en ?

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!
Two new trailers for P5R. First, the third full trailer, which tells us... things. I think we're going back into the Collective Unconsciousness--or, perhaps, never actually left it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0_BMZivKRc

And a character trailer for the protagonist, showing perhaps the biggest shocker of the whole thing: DANCING! I checked, the actual animation isn't from P5D, but it does square with a few of his moves.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kP5PHarS_Fo

Also, a teaser for P5S. Looks like we're going on a tour of Japan, which squares pretty well as a direct sequel to P5. ROAD TRIP!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dvUe6hcOsn8

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Okay, but Mikage and Sumaru are missing from the list of Cities.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Do we know for sure yet if P5S is going to just be the Phantom Thieves? It would be weird to have a Musou game with like seven playable characters, but if its a sequel to P5 then the earlier game kids will all be like in their mid to late 20s without the benefit of PQ's pocket dimensions and time travel.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
I forgot about the principal just walking into a train

Another win for Goro!

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

projecthalaxy posted:

Do we know for sure yet if P5S is going to just be the Phantom Thieves? It would be weird to have a Musou game with like seven playable characters, but if its a sequel to P5 then the earlier game kids will all be like in their mid to late 20s without the benefit of PQ's pocket dimensions and time travel.

Eh they didn't have many more than that for the Berserk game

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
That rock remix of Last Surprise is bangin'. I hope that statue of Masamune on his horse comes to life and tries to gently caress us up somehow.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

projecthalaxy posted:

That wouldn't be super out of line with a lot of modern Musous. Berserk had 9 characters, Hyrule Warriors launched with 12

Especially if they have a few OCs to round out the cast and a villain or 2. You could also easily slot in Lavenza and other Velvet room chars.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

HW also had multiple weapons styles for some characters to help with moveset variety, they could do something similar with different personas

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
Plus at absolute minimum you have

Joker
Ryuji
Morgana
Ann
Yusuke
Makoto
Futaba
Haru
New Girl
Akechi

For 10 locked in character slots. Remember this is a series that made Nami and Fi combat characters so there's no way Futaba doesn't get her own character slot. Also lol if you think a P5 spinoff won't have Akechi.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

they'd be idiots not to make goro dlc

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
i want to redeem akechi and be his friend :)

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!

Zore posted:

That wouldn't be super out of line with a lot of modern Musous. Berserk had 9 characters, Hyrule Warriors launched with 12

Especially if they have a few OCs to round out the cast and a villain or 2. You could also easily slot in Lavenza and other Velvet room chars.

And like Hyrule Warriors, it's ripe for DLC once the story's done and they can ignore 'canon'. Pull in P4's cast in the same way Hyrule did Majora's Mask's: by just doing it.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

Cleretic posted:

And like Hyrule Warriors, it's ripe for DLC once the story's done and they can ignore 'canon'. Pull in P4's cast in the same way Hyrule did Majora's Mask's: by just doing it.

Or just iterating on it like they keep doing with OPW. Release a new game on the same engine in 2 years but with added P4 characters and some P4 missions

Either way it seems like a profitable franchise to milk since there are a ton of fan favorites they could use to drum up interest in DLCs and sequels.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
I want to throw Akechi at his dad as my own BEast of Human Sacrifice in a sick pokemon battle.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

I want to throw Akechi at his dad as my own BEast of Human Sacrifice in a sick pokemon battle.

"Goro, use Gun!"

"GORO GORO"

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

projecthalaxy posted:

GIve me 40-year old Maya kicking rear end. :colbert:

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
Does anyone know offhand if you can get Innocent Sin and Eternal Punishment on the PSN for vita, or is it just a PSOne classic/on ps3?

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Both should be available.

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
fiddly digits, itchy britches
I love you all
It finally happened. Mark January 17 for Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Encore.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!

Atlas Hugged posted:

It finally happened. Mark January 17 for Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Encore.

Somehow not the weirdest game reveal, or even port reveal, in today's Direct.

DemoneeHo
Nov 9, 2017

Come on hee-ho, just give us 300 more macca

Okay, they didn't have any SMT V news during the Direct. But surely they'll have news at TGS, right? Right??? :shepface:

Also, can't say that i'm surprised at the TMS news. But i'm a little surprised they're adding in new content.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Is it still :siren:censored:siren:?

DemoneeHo
Nov 9, 2017

Come on hee-ho, just give us 300 more macca

hatty posted:

If Kaneko can draw a dick demon and a titty demon, then he can draw a vagina bone demon for V

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

hatty posted:

I hope so because the ~censored~ chapter is significantly better in terms of focusing on the character beats than the Japanese version. Maybe they can make the wedding dress not look like rear end but I'll take that in exchange.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

To answer unironically, all regional versions of the trailer had one of the modified CG scenes, so the localized version is probably the basis for encore; which is a good thing for the reasons ImpAtom mentioned.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

ImpAtom posted:

I hope so because the ~censored~ chapter is significantly better in terms of focusing on the character beats than the Japanese version. Maybe they can make the wedding dress not look like rear end but I'll take that in exchange.

I really love the :siren: censored :siren: design for that outfit. Again, the wedding dress looks loving awful but the rest of the changes are fine-to-great.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Toi8 has had an internal battle with atlus to put glasses on Tsubasa and lost.

The remake made sure to show that she had glasses in the encore edition.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

ImpAtom posted:

What do you mean? No idea about any censored versions of things or whatever. :effort:

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
i hope they put the vagina bones back in

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Cuntellectual posted:

What do you mean? No idea about any censored versions of things or whatever. :effort:

In the English version, the second chapter of the game is about coming into your own as a model, and being able to confidently express yourself. You find a book of photos from your manager, a retired idol, and everyone is like "wow, she's got so much personality and charisma!"

In the Japanese version, the second chapter of the game is about modeling in a swimsuit. You find a book of photos from your manager, a retired idol, and everyone is like "wow look at how big her anime tiddies are!"