Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

https://twitter.com/bigfinish/status/1167479171716714496?s=20

https://twitter.com/bigfinish/status/1167467261516374016?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Muppetjedi
Mar 17, 2010

Jerusalem posted:

"So Mr. Capaldi, did the BBC give you any trouble when you asked them to lend you one of their Dalek models?"
"One of their.....? :confused:"

I like to think he was sitting in it, hiding then coming out to surprise the kid

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Muppetjedi posted:

I like to think he was sitting in it, hiding then coming out to surprise the kid

That was my impression too!

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

LividLiquid posted:

I never get tired of Doctor Actor is just The Doctor jokes.

"jokes"

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

That explains the fourteen Jodie Whittakers running around, then.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

The_Doctor posted:

That was my impression too!

The Daleks recoiling when they see him and his little joke about them having had nightmares about this always cracks me up.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

LividLiquid posted:

I am increasingly convinced that, audition tapes aside, Jodie Whitaker got the job because Chris Chibnall said to himself “Who do I know who is possibly from another planet?”

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

LividLiquid posted:

:same:

Emerson Cod
Apr 14, 2004

by Pragmatica
Holy hell this fan video is fantastic https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EtM_vcCoKYc

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
It was posted two pages ago, Cod.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

It's still cool though!

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

https://twitter.com/pipmadeley/status/1167528314929647617?s=20

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

It's loving perfect :stwoon:

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!
Okay now I want even more intros cut like companions are the main star of their own show, because that was art.

Bill's definitely got a romantic comedy on, like, the CW or something.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Edward Mass posted:

It was posted two pages ago, Cod.

You might say we've been posting it all our lives.

McGann
May 19, 2003

Get up you son of a bitch! 'Cause Mickey loves you!

docbeard posted:

You might say we've been posting it all our lives.

Personally, I am looking forward to seeing this recut every couple of months. Each time it seems to just get better and better...and because if you were worried about someone loving up history that you'd just fixed, you'd probably keep coming back at least the next 10 regenerations or so to make sure nobody screws it back up.

Also seconding more companions cut into their own TV shows because that was amazing.

Muppetjedi
Mar 17, 2010

Jerusalem posted:

The Daleks recoiling when they see him and his little joke about them having had nightmares about this always cracks me up

E:

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

"To me, to you."

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Terrance Dicks has passed away. :smith:

https://twitter.com/dwas63/status/1168517962518663169

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Put out your Target novelisations.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Doctor Spaceman posted:

Put out your Target novelisations.

Written by him? That’s roughly 80% of them! :ohdear:

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

Oh man that's really sad. I met Terrance Dicks at a book signing when I was a little nerd of a child reading Target Novelisations in the wilderness years before New Who and he was really nice. Shame he never got to write for the new series.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

He actually said that he wouldn't want to be asked to write for the new series.

Then again, he did write for it in is own, immutable way:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Narsham
Jun 5, 2008

Somewhere, he and Barry Letts are meeting again under a beautiful sky with colorful birds flying across it surrounded by wavy outlines.

Letts: "I apologize for the bad CSO."
Dicks: "It's Heaven, Barry. Heaven."

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Narsham posted:

Somewhere, he and Barry Letts are meeting again under a beautiful sky with colorful birds flying across it surrounded by wavy outlines.

Letts: "I apologize for the bad CSO."
Dicks: "It's Heaven, Barry. Heaven."

Pefect

https://twitter.com/farfromallover/status/1168555499522088961?s=20

And here's a nice little article about India Fisher
https://www.theguardian.com/food/2019/sep/02/celebrity-masterchef-india-fisher-most-loved-voiceover-artist-uk-natwest

Davros1 fucked around with this message at 22:31 on Sep 2, 2019

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

poo poo, I'm glad at least he got to live to see the show return and become a global phenomenon again. He was such an integral part of so much of my favorite runs on the show. :rip:

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

My initial watching of Doctor Who was left up to the vagaries of various PBS stations at my house, my grandmother's house, or even on a vacation where I'd desperately flip channels in our hotel room on a Saturday hoping to see some new episode. Often I'd see the same ones 2-3 times when one station caught up with the run the other was in a year before, or they hit the end and Hartnell'd it over again.

But thanks to Terrance Dicks (and Ian Marter and the many other prolific writers) I was able to "see" so many more episodes. It was always a beeline to the science fiction section of any bookstore, especially on trips, and i never forgot to check for Target books. It was a real thrill to spot a bunch that weren't in my bookstore at home and buy as many as I had allowance for or could talk my parents into getting.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

Astroman posted:

My initial watching of Doctor Who was left up to the vagaries of various PBS stations at my house, my grandmother's house, or even on a vacation where I'd desperately flip channels in our hotel room on a Saturday hoping to see some new episode. Often I'd see the same ones 2-3 times when one station caught up with the run the other was in a year before, or they hit the end and Hartnell'd it over again.

But thanks to Terrance Dicks (and Ian Marter and the many other prolific writers) I was able to "see" so many more episodes. It was always a beeline to the science fiction section of any bookstore, especially on trips, and i never forgot to check for Target books. It was a real thrill to spot a bunch that weren't in my bookstore at home and buy as many as I had allowance for or could talk my parents into getting.

Same here, I remember receiving about 5 or 6 DW novelizations for Christmas one year when I was a kid, and I couldn't have been happier. And like you said, I'd always make a beeline for the sci-fi section of any bookstore to see if they had any of the Target books. I was also lucky that the lady who ran our local comic book store was a bit of a Whovian and started getting the novelizations in when she could. The majority of which, of course, were penned by Terrance Dicks.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I'm so mad at myself for giving away all my Target Novelizations several moves ago :sigh:

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

https://twitter.com/dwcoverstory/status/1168779739726790656?s=20
https://twitter.com/TygerWhoCame2T/status/1168778611912060928?s=20

Davros1 fucked around with this message at 11:31 on Sep 3, 2019

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Oh no! Already? One of my favourite seasons! :stwoon:

Forktoss
Feb 13, 2012

I'm OK, you're so-so
"Brand new Ghost Light extended workprint"? Interesting!

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

gently caress it, preordered. The secondary market prices for these sets are insane, so I'm not missing out this time.

FreezingInferno
Jul 15, 2010

THERE.
WILL.
BE.
NO.
BATTLE.
HERE!
I mean, the price of this set is probably equivalent to just one of those stories on DVD since they haven't been reprinted in years.

Anyway they had me sold the minute the trailer said it would have the VHS extended versions.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Brand new Ghost Light extended workprint :shepspends:

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Season 26 trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sgHRLi02JAc

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Oh that's wonderful! I love them sticking to the A Charitable Earth bit.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

That video is loving incredible.

If I recall right from a previous thread though, these are limited edition or something right? I'd been planning to pick up some of the 3rd and 4th Doctor Blu-Ray collections at some point just kind of assuming they'd always be for sale and I think I missed my shot :smith:

McGann
May 19, 2003

Get up you son of a bitch! 'Cause Mickey loves you!

The_Doctor posted:

Oh that's wonderful! I love them sticking to the A Charitable Earth bit.

The fact that Sophie can still whip out the "I'm young Ace" voice is still amazing to me every time I hear her in Big Finish, but seeing the juxtaposition between her appearance now and that voice is even more incredible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Jerusalem posted:

That video is loving incredible.

If I recall right from a previous thread though, these are limited edition or something right? I'd been planning to pick up some of the 3rd and 4th Doctor Blu-Ray collections at some point just kind of assuming they'd always be for sale and I think I missed my shot :smith:

These ones are limited edition packaging (although there's been no talk of regular issues in the UK yet). The US is getting regular BR cases at some point: