Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

George
Nov 27, 2004

No love for your made-up things.
https://twitter.com/pathofexile/status/1167585770078531584

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
Two spectres just from the gem is sick

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Yeah but if the cap is 80 @ level 20 you need to get to gem level 24 to have the same old spectres. Of course you can also theoretically push it further, and now Empower is real good for them.

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
Wait; I know you can swap most gems in/out of a Raise Spectres link without despawning the spectres (like if you want to trade GMP for Slower Projectiles for bossing or whatever), how would that interact with Empower? Or gear swapping anything that changed the level of the Raise Spectres gem?

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
You can't snapshot it, so it'll either downscale immediately without despawning or just straight up despawn.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

Vasudus posted:

Yeah but if the cap is 80 @ level 20 you need to get to gem level 24 to have the same old spectres. Of course you can also theoretically push it further, and now Empower is real good for them.

+1 from level 21, +2 from necro ascendancy and +3 from empower means you'll get level 86 spectres without having to bum ilvl 84 areas from people, and since your desecrate pool will spawn your spectres you no longer have to go on a long pilgrimage to get the boys back.

And there could more sources of +all minion gems that will fit into builds.

Ra Ra Rasputin fucked around with this message at 01:13 on Aug 31, 2019

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.
I wish empower support would just leave already.

lamentable dustman
Apr 13, 2007

🏆🏆🏆

Cao Ni Ma posted:

loling at necro shocking harder than elementalist

does shock effect work on generic shock because if so lol

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

lamentable dustman posted:

does shock effect work on generic shock because if so lol

Yep. Stack 150% increased shock effect and ailment effect and you'll have 50% increased damage taken on anything.

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003

Fister Roboto posted:

Yep. Stack 150% increased shock effect and ailment effect and you'll have 50% increased damage taken on anything.

That's a bit difficult though.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Could always get an Eternal Empire jewel for increased effect nodes.

nightwisher
Dec 24, 2004
There's the focus mod for +100% increased ailment effect during focus as well.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Common GGG let me summon 2-3 swarms of bees with a single cast without echo or a helmet enchant

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

+1 from level 21, +2 from necro ascendancy and +3 from empower means you'll get level 86 spectres without having to bum ilvl 84 areas from people, and since your desecrate pool will spawn your spectres you no longer have to go on a long pilgrimage to get the boys back.

And there could more sources of +all minion gems that will fit into builds.

tbh the increased convenience alone makes this a positive change, even if it's bad for the tippy top players

Craig K
Nov 10, 2016

puck

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Common GGG let me summon 2-3 swarms of bees with a single cast without echo or a helmet enchant

Cast On Bees Support

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

McFrugal posted:

That's a bit difficult though.

Yeah for sure, but you don't have to stack it anywhere near that high for it to be good. 50% is just the cap on shock.

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy
I wonder if Spectres will be underleveled during the Acts now. The most fun poo poo was bringing your second character into a Lab you ran with the first character, so you can have Spectres that are 10 levels above the zone you're in, wrecking everything.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Welp with all these changes, my stupid build was fun while it last, I only wish I had more time to play this season.

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005
I've been trying hard to resist the urge to do a zombies build starter but it's looking like I'm gonna do a zombies build starter

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

yay i got 24 challenges

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Fields of glory shine eternal

Spectres are going to have to be higher level since you'll be missing a 100% damage ascendancy.

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

saintonan posted:

Spectres are going to have to be higher level since you'll be missing a 100% damage ascendancy.

Wasn't that increased damage and now you get 20% more damage so they shouldn't be insanely far off?

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
That was life. It was 100% increased life, now there's 20% more. You can get 10% inc damage taken via plaguebringer but tbh I don't remember spectres having a problem in the damage department. Also assuming they didn't change death attunement then you have one more spectre than before.

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

MMF Freeway posted:

That was life. It was 100% increased life, now there's 20% more. You can get 10% inc damage taken via plaguebringer but tbh I don't remember spectres having a problem in the damage department. Also assuming they didn't change death attunement then you have one more spectre than before.

Oh yes I misremembered, thank you!

I still assume it'll math out stronger than before at the upper end.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Cao Ni Ma posted:

loling at necro shocking harder than elementalist

i really really really wish they'd get rid of the swapping bonus stuff on elementalist. just give me two nodes and make the extra spell damage and the extra aoe mutually exclusive

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Larry Parrish posted:

i really really really wish they'd get rid of the swapping bonus stuff on elementalist. just give me two nodes and make the extra spell damage and the extra aoe mutually exclusive

or: give me both, at once

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

I wonder if this will make Soul's Wick temporary-spectre builds worth playing with. Whatever random trash mobs you raise will at least get boosted to the level cap now, though they might still have bad ai or weak skills.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Arrhythmia posted:

or: give me both, at once

that would be ideal but I think the whole reason it's the way it is is because they thought +75% aoe and spell damage was too strong for an ascendancy node

Tempora Mutantur
Feb 22, 2005

I snagged HeraldOfAssbeatery for a probable hoaggernaut (which was already taken) or some flavor of hoagger, I'm pretty proud of it :toot:

my backup is FeralHoag :cool:

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

I wonder if this will make Soul's Wick temporary-spectre builds worth playing with. Whatever random trash mobs you raise will at least get boosted to the level cap now, though they might still have bad ai or weak skills.

A lot of monsters would do okay if you just got them moving fast enough, and thankfully we did get a new skill gem for that. Maybe it'll be viable!
...except for bosses. Well, wait, you can use Desecrate there. (don't use unearth the skeleton archers are terrible)

Tenkaris
Feb 10, 2006

I would really prefer if you would be quiet.

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

spectres really seem shine with proper support gems for the types of skills the monster uses, so random spectres seems bad from that angle?

unless there are 4 generally good options to toss in with empower maybe?

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Tenkaris posted:

spectres really seem shine with proper support gems for the types of skills the monster uses, so random spectres seems bad from that angle?

unless there are 4 generally good options to toss in with empower maybe?

There are a lot more general minion damage gems now. You've got minion damage, feeding frenzy, deathmark, maaaybe meatshield as well, plus empower. That's 5 supports right there, assuming their damage bonuses are decent.

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy
The best Soul's Wick build was Spectrenate Dead and that's useless now because it relied on raising Spectres from level 95 Unearth corpses and you'll never be able to raise them that high anymore.

Maybe there's some other way to break it but that was the only kinda function build I've seen with Wick.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
im really hoping the aggressive ai thing makes SRS actually work instead of the current thing where it mostly works but sometimes they get confused and move back and forth between two mobs without ever attacking. then i just gotta figure a way to make a spellcast loop that triggers srs. or maybe just be a nerd and do CWC

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Just hardcast them with the insanely expensive Aukuna's Will loop that gives you like 300% cast speed.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

That's not a very nice thing to do

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Larry Parrish posted:

im really hoping the aggressive ai thing makes SRS actually work instead of the current thing where it mostly works but sometimes they get confused and move back and forth between two mobs without ever attacking. then i just gotta figure a way to make a spellcast loop that triggers srs. or maybe just be a nerd and do CWC

Honestly the best way Ive seen it being done is to have spell echo and the extra summon helmet which would occasionally proc a cast with 6 skulls/bees. SRS can be fixed with better AI, more movement speed and hopefully the ability to cast multiples at once without using spell echo. The gem links and passive tree probably solves the first 2 problems. I'll take a hit in top end single target damage if it means I can summon them to full quantity more easily.

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

We shall pay him a visit. There will be a picnic. Tea shall be served.
its one week till next league and i'm out of games to play, which means it's time to play The Sims

https://poe.house and https://hideoutshowcase.com are sites where you can check out poe hideout layouts and download them for import
and of course all the threads at https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-forum/556

i think poe.house has a little more functionality but unfortunately the dev is dropping it

the only thing i really wish is that the hideout owners would feature prominently how far apart the masters are from each other, the waypoint, the map device, and the stash, since i don't want to bother with a beautiful hideout if it ends up making the gameplay loop really annoying

anyways. yall got any favorite hideouts?

https://poe.house/hideout/zcmR2X32 this one turns catarina's hideout into a re-creation of the Rogue Encampment from Diablo II. it's pretty simple and straightforward, and i can't get enough of that nostalgia factor

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

We shall pay him a visit. There will be a picnic. Tea shall be served.
some of these really are ridiculously gorgeous though

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D3KhM-NB60Q
https://hideoutshowcase.com/hideout/show/655

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WbC0qR_L2B4
https://hideoutshowcase.com/hideout/show/94/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=25Eb9fo3x2w
https://hideoutshowcase.com/hideout/show/346

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hauki
May 11, 2010

my favorite hideout is the completely barren and well lit one with all the masters and relevant objects crammed into the smallest useable space around the waypoint