Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~
I know we shouldn't say retarded anymore, but all this stuff ever reminds me of is Ray's "Layers of retardation" line in Gen Kill

Radical 90s Wizard fucked around with this message at 01:24 on Aug 31, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

US Berder Patrol
Jul 11, 2006

oorah

LtCol J. Krusinski posted:

That’s not just any sat imagery he released, USA-224 was the first EO successor to the failed FIA program. It’s literally our best and newest EO imagery satellite.

Lmao good one, republican voters

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Radical 90s Wizard posted:

I know we shouldn't say retarded anymore, but all this stuff ever reminds me of is Ray's "Layers of retadation" line in Gen Kill

Almost like an onion made of dumbasses.

Coldwar timewarp
May 8, 2007

Radical 90s Wizard posted:

I know we shouldn't say retarded anymore, but all this stuff ever reminds me of is Ray's "Layers of retadation" line in Gen Kill

Oh no! Now we know the globe is under a less invasive form of surveillance than we all are every day. The horror.

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~
You're right it's a totally cool and normal thing for the President to be posting on loving Twitter :rolleyes:

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
It doesn't matter that our potential adversaries now know fine details about an obscenely classified system that could radically modify their defensive posture thanks to twitter dot com.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

That’s not just any sat imagery he released, USA-224 was the first EO successor to the failed FIA program. It’s literally our best and newest EO imagery satellite.

Ahaha because of course

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

Dorian just got upgraded to a Category 4, NHC is calling for 'life threatening storm surge.

:yeshaha:

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Legit hoping for a Hurricane Neddy situation where it’s only Mar a Lago that’s gone-diddly-gone and everyone else is unscathed.

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

holocaust bloopers posted:

Ahaha because of course

Yeah. This satellite cost more than a loving decked out Aircraft Carrier, and it’s advanced EO array is the latest gen sensors and optics.

This was definitely SCI, controlled under TK and probably was RSEN as well, given the nature of it all.

But there it is.

On loving Twitter.

I was critical of Hillary’s e-mail handling but she’s got jack poo poo on Cheeto Benito in the security risk department

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
I’ve gotten to play with a lot of “very fun bits” but I haven’t even seen the acronyms TK or RSEN

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

How could this happen, though, and reveal anything sensitive? It’s not like he knows what a PNG or JPEG is. Someone must have sent files at some point that crossed an air gap, wouldn’t they be sanitized at that time?

Edit: oh jfc they snapped a cell photo of it

pmchem fucked around with this message at 02:18 on Aug 31, 2019

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless

M_Gargantua posted:

I’ve gotten to play with a lot of “very fun bits” but I haven’t even seen the acronyms TK or RSEN

TK is Talent Keyhole, it just means "stuff obtained by satellites". https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sensitive_Compartmented_Information

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

M_Gargantua posted:

Just dumb intelligence community programs/controls. TK stands for Talent-Keyhole, it is broadly one of our imagery SCI compartments. RSEN just means it’s risk sensitive, and clearly belies sources and methods and capabilities.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

pmchem posted:

How could this happen, though, and reveal anything sensitive? It’s not like he knows what a PNG or JPEG is. Someone must have sent files at some point that crossed an air gap, wouldn’t they be sanitized at that time?

The closer to the executive you get the closer the secret computers get to the regular computers. In the White House the only thing separating a lot of the most sensitive data from the internet is a short walk down a hallway and the honor system. Because for sixty years everyone has assumed that if you’re hired in the White House and get granted clearance you’ve got enough connections and training to not jump that airgap with a flash drive.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

pmchem posted:

With this level of incompetence I guess the only thing that surprises me is that they even bothered to black out the clearance.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

"melior diabolus quem scies", indeed :laugh:

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
On the upside, if any administration would be the one to confirm the existence of aliens, it’s this one.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

holocaust bloopers posted:

On the upside, if any administration would be the one to confirm the existence of aliens, it’s this one.

I thought eradicating them was his main campaign strategy?

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
He paid extra attention during the MJ-12 briefings because he thought they meant illegal aliens.

Serjeant Buzfuz
Dec 5, 2009

pmchem posted:

Yeah this was my process too hahaha... When I saw the camera flash.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

He paid extra attention during the MJ-12 briefings because he thought they meant illegal aliens.

Does that make Putin Bob Page?

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

CommieGIR posted:

Does that make Putin Bob Page?

:shrug: I was making an Aliens joke, not a Deus Ex one.

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

M_Gargantua posted:

The closer to the executive you get the closer the secret computers get to the regular computers. In the White House the only thing separating a lot of the most sensitive data from the internet is a short walk down a hallway and the honor system. Because for sixty years everyone has assumed that if you’re hired in the White House and get granted clearance you’ve got enough connections and training to not jump that airgap with a flash drive.

It's not that abnormal to have a NIPR next to your classified systems, this is worse than that in that he (or one of his other afterbirth retard minions) literally took a loving picture of a JWICS computer or printed out TS/SCI briefing book which implies a complete lack of basic security precautions or care (i.e. cellphone in a SCIF).

My mind can't comprehend how dumb this is. As another former IC person reminded me, the last person to release some TK stuff like this spent 2 years in prison: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Samuel_Loring_Morison

Flying_Crab fucked around with this message at 05:31 on Aug 31, 2019

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
It's pretty simple really. He doesn't like reading things and he doesn't like computer screens. They printed out posterboard-sized pictures for him and either he directly or one of his aides took the picture with his phone. The IC folks in the room probably protested a little but it's the president, the guy that can declassify whatever he wants whenever he wants.

Then they probably went home and got incredibly drunk.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

That aide that got fired for revealing personal information. Said that Donnie doesn't like being in pictures with Tiffany because he thinks she's overweight. Also she joked that Donnie couldn't pick Tiffany out of a crowd.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
The one thing that has me reassured about Dorian not being too bad is that there's an inverse correlation between GBS-goons lusting for death and eventual severity of a hurricane

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Casimir Radon posted:

That aide that got fired for revealing personal information. Said that Donnie doesn't like being in pictures with Tiffany because he thinks she's overweight. Also she joked that Donnie couldn't pick Tiffany out of a crowd.

quote:

Politico reported Friday that Madeleine Westerhout bragged during an off-the-record dinner that she had a better relationship with Trump than his daughters Ivanka and Tiffany

:chloe:

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Better than ivanka huh? So they're definitely loving

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
Yo stop talking about loving SCI acronyms. Just because it's on the internet doesn't make that ok. Like that's LITERALLY a thing they tell you, and it's definitely one of those things that'll get this forum some attention.

Godholio fucked around with this message at 06:52 on Aug 31, 2019

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

Yeah.... :cripes: Bet she can confirm the toad from mario thing

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

I sucked a dick for bus fare and then I walked home.

I imagine the half dozen people from various agencies (who don't know about each other) monitoring this forum are too drunk to care about opsec at this point

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Godholio posted:

Yo stop talking about loving SCI acronyms. Just because it's on the internet doesn't make that ok. Like that's LITERALLY a thing they tell you, and it's definitely one of those things that'll get this forum some attention.

Settle down buddy, what TK is and means has been declassified
https://www.cia.gov/library/readingroom/docs/CIA-RDP67R00587A000100140024-5.pdf

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

And that's why I said to stop posting about SCI, rather than PMing McNally and making phone calls. There's no reason to discuss anything more than what's been mentioned.

Edit: V Dude I'm just trying to make sure nobody goes into that part where "generally" isn't the case. We don't need to be pushing that envelope.

Godholio fucked around with this message at 07:02 on Aug 31, 2019

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

Sure but classification markings, dissemination controls, etc. are generally unclassified. Furthermore: https://nsarchive2.gwu.edu/NSAEBB/NSAEBB225/doc05c.pdf

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

Here you go: https://www.dni.gov/files/documents/FOIA/Public_CAPCO_Register%20and%20Manual%20v5.1.pdf

Straight from the DNI’s website where you can read all about classified control markings to include SCI in an unclassified document.

E: gotcha. I hope everyone here is smart enough to know what they can and can’t say. In summary Trump is a moron and a disgrace to the lifetime oath many of us have regarding our nation’s secrets.

Flying_Crab fucked around with this message at 07:12 on Aug 31, 2019

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Godholio, chill. Literally nobody has crossed the sacred lines. Nobody other than literally the goddamn President of the United States, at least. And as we all know, he can, and will, do what he wants to do.

Like snapping an SCI pic of an Iranian rocket launch facility with analysis on it, and then using it in a tweet to assure the people of Iran that the U.S. had nothing to do with it.

Goddamn I wish I were making this poo poo up.

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

I think we need some good news

https://t.co/GN5m3AghaP?amp=1

NYS is going to seal a fuckton of low amount weed convictions. People will still have to petition to have the records destroyed.

Wonder Free
Jun 19, 2006

Throw some D's..
https://www.nhc.noaa.gov/refresh/graphics_at5+shtml/024334.shtml?cone#contents

Maybe watch out if you are in Coastal South Carolina now. Or anywhere on the east coast leading up to it. Forecast model guidance seems to finally agree that it’ll turn north off the Florida coast and not make real landfall until South Carolina. 5 days out is too early to really know though.

Maybe a CAT 5 today, this thing is moving so slow it’s picking up a ton of energy from all the warm water.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Dear Dorian, please kiss Mar A Lago and spare all else, tia