Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?
sounds like the same kind of typical bitcoiner armchair lawyering as "the us can't ban bitcoin. bitcoin is code aka ones and zeroes aka text aka speech therefore banning bitcoin would be a violation of the first amendment :smugbert:"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish
i didn't "shoot" the guy i just triggered an exothermic reaction! what, the _____ want to outlaw basic chemistry now?

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

...! posted:

sounds like the same kind of typical bitcoiner armchair lawyering as "the us can't ban bitcoin. bitcoin is code aka ones and zeroes aka text aka speech therefore banning bitcoin would be a violation of the first amendment :smugbert:"

No precedent there with the DVD decryption key either.

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

Boxturret posted:

i didn't "shoot" the guy i just triggered an exothermic reaction! what, the _____ want to outlaw basic chemistry now?

yes, basic chemistry is now illegal. men with exothermic reactions will come and put you in a cage

Pharohman777
Jan 14, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I wonder if that Wasabi mixer made it so that the guy who got arrested was spending cartel bitcoin, and that the mixer made it look like he was sending his bitcoin to the cartel when it mixed everything up, and thats why the police came by.

There are 2 types of people that use a mixer: criminals trying to launder money, and obsessive privacy enthusiasts. And if a person who is not a criminal participates in a mixer, then their bitcoin provides cover for money laundering, and the criminal bitcoin ends up being spent by the privacy enthusiast and noticed by law enforcement tracking those 'dirty bitcoins'.

Its kinda amazing how the buttcoiners don't really think that enabling money laundering by participating in a mixer is quite probably a criminal act.

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Pharohman777 posted:

Its kinda amazing how the buttcoiners don't really think

Nah, it's actually par for the course.

klafbang
Nov 18, 2009
Clapping Larry

gschmidl posted:

Nah, it's actually par for the course.

I think you've just cracked the code to what drives somebody to become a butter

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

the greatest trick satoshi pulled was making a bunch of privacy obsessed criminal idiots think that a public ledger was anonymous

DerekSmartymans
Feb 14, 2005

The
Copacetic
Ascetic

Boxturret posted:

the greatest trick satoshi pulled was making a bunch of privacy obsessed criminal idiots think that a public ledger was anonymous

I know two forensic accountants that spend all day salivating over poo poo like this. I bought a copy of divabot’s book for each of them a while back.

They loved it!

Munin
Nov 14, 2004

Boxturret posted:

That is always a thing of beauty.

Gobbeldygook
May 13, 2009
Hates Native American people and tries to justify their genocides.

Put this racist on ignore immediately!

Pharohman777 posted:

I wonder if that Wasabi mixer made it so that the guy who got arrested was spending cartel bitcoin, and that the mixer made it look like he was sending his bitcoin to the cartel when it mixed everything up, and thats why the police came by.

There are 2 types of people that use a mixer: criminals trying to launder money, and obsessive privacy enthusiasts. And if a person who is not a criminal participates in a mixer, then their bitcoin provides cover for money laundering, and the criminal bitcoin ends up being spent by the privacy enthusiast and noticed by law enforcement tracking those 'dirty bitcoins'.

Its kinda amazing how the buttcoiners don't really think that enabling money laundering by participating in a mixer is quite probably a criminal act.
the obsessive privacy enthusiasts are very likely engaging in tax evasion, so investigating everyone you can connect to a mixer is probably a worthwhile use of resources.

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib

...! posted:

and that's not even theory. the military is extremely serious about their base security. they'll fire a few warning shots if they're in a good mood. if that doesn't dissuade you, they'll just kill your rear end

thinking they wouldn't kill citizens dumb enough to try to force their way onto the base is just pure naivety

I do think they wouldn't kill citizens storming a base for conspiracy reasons. Humans are involved, and they're going to be extremely reluctant to shoot their fellow countrymen - doesn't matter how "extremely serious" the military is.

But it's certainly not without danger and depends entirely on the people involved, so hopefully, we'll never know for sure.

Lambert fucked around with this message at 18:45 on Aug 31, 2019

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?

Lambert posted:

I do think they wouldn't kill citizens storming a base for conspiracy reasons. Humans are involved, and they're going to be extremely reluctant to shoot their fellow countrymen - doesn't matter how "extremely serious" the military is.

But it's certainly not without danger and depends entirely on the people involved, so hopefully, we'll never know for sure.

then i'm sorry but you're hopelessly naive. they absolutely would do so without a second thought. civilian or not, those humans are not going to let themselves/their post be endangered. anyone who is still approaching after having warning shots fired at them absolutely is a danger and it would be foolish to speculate on their motives, much less take them at their word for it

this is basic physical security 101

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib
They wouldn't be endangering themselves is the point in this situation. And shooting Americans isn't going to look good to anyone.

They'd be ordered to stand down, you're being very naive here.

What you're saying is some kind of weird movie logic 101.

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

With any luck, we'll find out :getin:

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010
freedom-hating statist shill

Lambert posted:

They wouldn't be endangering themselves is the point in this situation. And shooting Americans isn't going to look good to anyone.

They'd be ordered to stand down, you're being very naive here.

What you're saying is some kind of weird movie logic 101.

loving lol at this dude who thinks it’s naive to believe that the us authorities would ever open fire on their own citizens

who the gently caress else do you think the guards at domestic military bases are armed against? Canadian infiltration squads?

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde

Munin posted:

That is always a thing of beauty.
that was one dumb cop

CampingCarl
Apr 28, 2008

they would absolutely get shot if they tried to storm the fence but no one is going to get even close enough to shoot. any idiots that show up will get picked up for trespassing a couple miles before they even see the gate.

Grace Baiting
Jul 20, 2012

Audi famam illius;
Cucurrit quaeque
Tetigit destruens.

Gazpacho posted:

that was one dumb cop

hey that was SPECIAL AGENT CARL MARK FORCE IV you're talking about, show some respect

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

the big razor wire fence and all the armed guards are all fake, it's like in that indiana jones movie when he steps out into thin air and the camera pans to show it was just an optical illusion

KnifeWrench
May 25, 2007

Practical and safe.

Bleak Gremlin

Boxturret posted:

the big razor wire fence and all the armed guards are all fake, it's like in that indiana jones movie when he steps out into thin air and the camera pans to show it was just an optical illusion

the real military is all stationed at the ice wall at the edge of the flat earth, after all :tinfoil:

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
I thought bitcoin would topple world governments and usher in world peace for all????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

EorayMel posted:

I thought bitcoin would topple (((world governments))) and usher in world peace for all????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

klafbang
Nov 18, 2009
Clapping Larry

EorayMel posted:

I thought bitcoin would topple world governments and usher in world peace for all????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Bitcoin is as old as Facebook was in 2014. Just imagine how big Facebook is today. It’s the same with Bitcoin.

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib

Soricidus posted:

loving lol at this dude who thinks it’s naive to believe that the us authorities would ever open fire on their own citizens

who the gently caress else do you think the guards at domestic military bases are armed against? Canadian infiltration squads?

That doesn't mean they would actually open fire, you do realize that. Watch fewer movies.

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe

Lambert posted:

"isn't going to look good to anyone"? do you think the people they have guarding the gates at Area 51 are all PR professionals or what

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe
*air force guy on guard duty, as some guy from reddit or wherever starts cutting the links of the base's perimeter fence, heedless to the guy yelling at them to stop with machine gun raised*

Well I could shoot this guy, like my instructions and all my training told me I can and should, and I'd not get in the slightest bit of trouble for it, and if I don't I'll be court-martialled and lose my job. But on the other hand... what will Twitter say?

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

sure cops and even regular citizens shoot americans every single day for much less but what about the optics, questions the person explicitly trained to murder people

Chocobo
Oct 15, 2012

Here comes a new challenger!
Oven Wrangler
but the raiders will be "naruto running" which means bullets can't hit them

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

Lambert posted:

That doesn't mean they would actually open fire, you do realize that. Watch fewer movies.

https://www.ktnv.com/news/man-killed-after-trespassing-at-nuclear-site-in-nevada

5:28 PM, Jul 24, 2019
MERCURY (AP) — Authorities shot and killed a man who entered a secured federal site north of Las Vegas where the government used to test nuclear bombs.

A spokesman for the National Nuclear Security Administration says the man failed to stop at the security gate on Monday at the Nevada National Security Site. Darwin Morgan says the man drove for about 8 miles before he parked, got out of his car and approached security officials.

Nye County Sheriff's deputies and nuclear site officers told the man to drop the object in his hand and stop approaching. Morgan says they shot him when he refused.

The man, whose identity has not yet been released, died at the scene.

The FBI has been notified.

Chocobo
Oct 15, 2012

Oven Wrangler

Chocobo posted:

but the raiders will be "naruto running" which means bullets can't hit them

wait no, the us air force is literally briefing their guards on naruto running and how to counter it

Only registered members can see post attachments!

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

You slide into the military base like kramer, only to discover me standing there naked with a loaded rifle, glistening with grease. You launch yourself like a projectile mouth first blindingly fast from your naruto run start and 'dock' with my smartphone like a jet performing an in flight refueling maneuver. You transport what feels like gallons of your hot wallet bitcoins directly into my address, and you come off your trezor with an audible pop..a slight bit of extra encryption splashes onto your face...my mouth hangs open like that of a tired dog, saliva drooling out of my mouth like ive been lobotomized

Chocobo
Oct 15, 2012

Oven Wrangler

EorayMel posted:

You slide into the military base like kramer, only to discover me standing there naked with a loaded rifle, glistening with grease. You launch yourself like a projectile mouth first and 'dock' with my smartphone like a jet performing an in flight refueling maneuver. You transport what feels like gallons of your hot wallet bitcoins directly into my address, and you come off your trezor with an audible pop..a slight bit of extra encryption splashes onto your face...my mouth hangs open like that of a tired dog, saliva drooling out of my mouth like ive been lobotomized

do you have any books on the amazon kindle store?

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

Chocobo posted:

do you have any books on the amazon kindle store?

Only if you "tip" me :wink:

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

now what i did might, to the uninformed, seem like an attempt to enter a secure facility, but if you were a reader of our subreddit you would know it was all a joke and not meant to be taken seriously

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

i mean how could you not know!? the thread got reddit gold and nearly 200 upvotes

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

Boxturret posted:

now what i did might, to the uninformed, seem like an attempt to enter a secure facility, but if you were a member of our subreddit you would know it was all a joke and not meant to be taken seriously

If you were to, say, slide your GPU into my wide baren compound, and then mine on my grid a bitcoin hash while transacting directly into my phone..or perhaps directly into one of my smartguns like you were hacking into the pentagon

EorayMel fucked around with this message at 02:00 on Sep 1, 2019

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

Grab a fistful of my hair and begin seriously questioning my motives...violent and swift, loud and intimidating, you take in the pleasure of the interrogation process of a trespasser. I stare up at you with research chemical eyes while I put my Trezors on your smartphone, which I feel vibrating. You increase the speed of your questions until you're firing those threats, threatening me so hard my nerves start to fray. You throw your head back and scream like Rambo having his LMG fully locked and loaded as hot lead from your firearm rushes down my throat hole.

Grace Baiting
Jul 20, 2012

Audi famam illius;
Cucurrit quaeque
Tetigit destruens.

fishmech posted:

https://www.ktnv.com/news/man-killed-after-trespassing-at-nuclear-site-in-nevada

5:28 PM, Jul 24, 2019
MERCURY (AP) — Authorities shot and killed a man who entered a secured federal site north of Las Vegas where the government used to test nuclear bombs.

A spokesman for the National Nuclear Security Administration says the man failed to stop at the security gate on Monday at the Nevada National Security Site. Darwin Morgan says the man drove for about 8 miles before he parked, got out of his car and approached security officials.

Nye County Sheriff's deputies and nuclear site officers told the man to drop the object in his hand and stop approaching. Morgan says they shot him when he refused.

The man, whose identity has not yet been released, died at the scene.

The FBI has been notified.

authorities would never kill anyone trespassing at a nuclear site, starting... NOW

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KnifeWrench
May 25, 2007

Practical and safe.

Bleak Gremlin

Boxturret posted:

now what i did might, to the uninformed, seem like an attempt to enter a secure facility, but if you were a reader of our subreddit you would know it was all a joke and not meant to be taken seriously

u misspelled uniformed