Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I feel bad whenever my dog tries to bury his chewing stick indoors. He walks to several locations (beds, sofas, carpets), each time trying to “dig” through them to form a hole, then attempts to “bury” them by rubbing his snout against the surface in question. It doesn’t work, dude

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

https://www.instagram.com/p/B10LWrEAqA7/?igshid=1ve1nap3w8wr4

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
https://gfycat.com/energeticnaughtykingfisher

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.

Jay Rust posted:

I feel bad whenever my dog tries to bury his chewing stick indoors. He walks to several locations (beds, sofas, carpets), each time trying to “dig” through them to form a hole, then attempts to “bury” them by rubbing his snout against the surface in question. It doesn’t work, dude

Yoko sometimes hides poo poo under pillows and couch cushions.

We had to fence off the garden patch because she tried planting treats.

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones

Jay Rust posted:

My parents old boxer mix would do this,

Dogs are the best

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

https://twitter.com/El_Gustache/status/1167796983857238016?s=19

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

https://twitter.com/KatieKPIX/status/1167500169295716353?s=19

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

And that's why you always set the parking brake, even if you drive an automatic.

Hope that pupper is OK. Learning to drive can be spooky. :ohdear:

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Foster pup Dozer went to his new forever home today!

Tarkus is upset that his little buddy is gone (we’re going for a long walk and then the park to help him cheer up) but the adopters are awesome and they have two other dogs for the Doze-man to grow up with.

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

Stravag posted:

SOMEONE decided just normal doggie walks werent interesting enough so mid stride she threw herself to the ground and started scrubbing her face with the grass. I only got my phone out after she went back to normal rolling in the grass.

https://youtu.be/JkO78lNdDIo

The face scrubbing was probably in protest to me making her drop the mcdonalds buns she had grabbed that had been lying there who knows how long. She threw herself to the ground about 10 steps past them.

Bruce does this all the time too, but not just for dead birds and whatnot. He loves freshly mowed or wet grass, he'll just dive right into it and wriggle around.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

https://gfycat.com/thatrepentantafricanmolesnake

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Luca met Delta!

Click Beelay
Oct 13, 2011

Epic day bro, Luca's the goodest boye. Looking forward to the next one.

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT
Doggo friends 4 LYFE

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

Banana for scale

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Monty ain't buying your poo poo dude

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

He looks legit offended that you even brought that near him 😂

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.
As previously established, Yoko is not a morning doggo.

Sloth Life
Nov 15, 2014

Built for comfort and speed!
Fallen Rib

FrozenVent posted:

As previously established, Yoko is not a morning doggo.

I feckin hear ya Yoko, I'm not human until coffee #4 either.

Coasterphreak
May 29, 2007
I like cookies.

colachute posted:

Banana for scale

Monty would really like to know what the gently caress is wrong with you that you put a giant stuffed banana next to him

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Lando status: happy, well fed and sleepy after a long weekend of play with his humans!

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

Boarded Kedah so i could go shooting with a buddy. I think she got nervous and peed in her room and slept in it cuz she smelled raaaaank. She actually let me give her a small bath. She had reacted so badly last time i tried i didnt for a few months and have been having to rely on petsmart bathing her. Didnt have her doggie shampoo so i had to use the hotel stuff. Its not the best for her but got enough of the smell out we can try for a better bath when we get home. The clomicalm has really helped her get used to normal doggy things.

We had cuddle naps for a few hours after we got back to the hotel

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

pantslesswithwolves posted:

Lando status: happy, well fed and sleepy after a long weekend of play with his humans!

Does Lando co-host a outdoor and adventure show on KARE 11?

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Sound on for this one. Found it on my phone from a while back. Hooper was having a dream :kimchi:

https://i.imgur.com/bvbJKlX.mp4

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Stravag posted:

Dont think its looking good on grand bahama but theres good news on Nassau.

Almost 100 dogs had nowhere to go during Hurricane Dorian. A woman in Nassau took all of them in herself

http://flip.it/RheIUD

Wise Fwom Yo Gwave
Jan 9, 2006

Popping up from out of nowhere...

For the longest time, we have thought of Timothy as our chunky boy, who at one point was up to 16lbs. However, upon recent vaccination visits, we have new weights, and it’s startling.

Timothy: 11.5 lbs
Zipper: 10.2 lbs

They are almost the same size.

Cue the voice from Joe Montana II Sportstalk Football after you punt fake on 1st and 10:

“I can’t believe it.”

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

https://twitter.com/washingtonpost/status/1168906923749642242

o7

CeramicPig
Oct 9, 2012

Took Napoleon for a hike today

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

StrixNebulosa posted:

That sounds like a great way to spend every year depressed which would sap your enjoyment of your current time with Monty.
That really depends on whether you learn how to deal with it.

StrixNebulosa posted:

How about you focus on giving him the best possible life with the time he has left?
This is the best advice. Be the best guardian you reasonably can, it's all you can do sustainably.

Admiral Funk
Oct 1, 2012

Please send them a very large crate marked "SCIENCE. PROBABLY DANGEROUS. BUT VERY SCIENTIFIC. YES."
I would pet Napoleon.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation
I went on vacation recently... brought the dogs.

Bear plays with Grits the basset.

Lady and Grits guard the produce.

Babushka the 14 year old chases Bear at the beach!

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Lando and I had something extremely metal happen on our last walk of the evening yesterday. We were walking into this small park/field by our home when all of a sudden, this huge owl comes swooping out of nowhere, grabs a mouse or rat off the ground, then proceeds to fly directly at us while appearing to stare us both down before breaking direction at the last second and landing above us. Lando gave me a look that basically said “I’ll chase after just about anything, but I’m not even gonna gently caress with that” and so we kept on walking. It was pretty cool.

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

Thats awesome. I used to love watching the red tail hawks sit on our power poles looking for meals in our fields in upstate ny.

On a slightly less cool but definately positive note i think i figured out why Kedah hates sprinklers, bathtubs, and men so much. I think she was beaten in a bathtub so they could clean up easier. The last hotel we were at the tub was lots lower and didnt look like my apt tub. She kept sticking her nose in during showers and let me give her a quick 10 minute bath with the hotel shampoo with no real reaction other than not liking being wet. I bring her home and she went back into full afraid mode when i pointed to the tub and said in. In the hotel she had just popped herself in. I had her sit and was feeding her treats and she was still shaking harder than she had the first night i brought her home and she wasnt super sure about me yet. Spent about 30 minutes feeding treats to her, got her to lay down, put some water in the tub and on her, then let her out. By the time i let her out she wasnt comfy yet but the shakes had gotten way less severe. Then a couple minutes later i was able to lead her into the tub with treats instead of lifting her up and putting her in. Her shakes when she was sitting and down the 2nd were MUCH less severe

If i can get her through her tub fear reaction it may help with her terrorized must escape the alone mode she goes into after about 15-20 minutes alone in the apt. The clomicalm is definately helping with that but shes odd. In her crate with me in the apt shes fine even if the bedroom door is closed and i dont leave for probably an hour or two. If i leave maybe 10-20 minutes. Ive started opening and closing the door and leting the autolock sound go to make her think im gone and then showing up later before she whines so she thinks im still around when those things happen

Edit: for her progress being alone, she used to start tearing up my apartment while i was in the shower because she had been alone too long. Shes gotten worlds better

Stravag fucked around with this message at 19:50 on Sep 5, 2019

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

gently caress people that beat dogs

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

“Beaten in a bath tub so they could clean up easier” is a phrase that makes me want to flip out on you just for being the messenger. That’s loving gross.

gently caress those people and good on you for being what probably amounts to heaven for her.

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

Coasterphreak
May 29, 2007
I like cookies.

Comrade Blyatlov posted: