Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

And you'll probably have much nicer crowds for Galaxy's Edge. Wait times bottomed out at 45 minutes today for Smuggler's Run and were averaging around 90 or so throughout the day. Same as Flight of Passage. If it's doing that a day after opening, hopefully you'll be able to hop on like a 60-ish or so if you play your cards right.

I mean I know there's the storm coming and I'm sure it's driven some folks off but dang that is some serious crowd mitigation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

I am going to Disneyland at the end of Sept so I'm glad to get to see that GE and do Smugglers Run there as well. If I had to wait until Dec to see any of it, that'd be cruel. I did plan it for after RotR opens. That may mean more crowds, but I guess we'll see.

Anya
Nov 3, 2004
"If you have information worth hearing, then I am grateful for it. If you're gonna crack jokes, then I'm gonna pull out your ribcage and wear it as a hat."
At MNSSHP tonight with crazy low crowds. AA site is crashing on every confirmation for flight switching I’ve tried to grab. Basically it looks like I’m going to be here for awhile in Florida. Unfortunately my husband is headed to CA Wednesday so trying to find someone to take care of my child while theme parking is fun.

Omne
Jul 12, 2003

Orangedude Forever

Hit up Food & Wine fest yesterday for a bit. Pretty low crowds, did a lap and rarely had a wait for any of the kiosks. We hit up Africa (Kenyan beef tenderloin), Italy (ravioli carbonara), Brazil (pao) and the chocolate kiosk (liquid nitrogen truffle). Four down, 36 more to go

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
They took down the gondolas in storm prep. Didn’t even think about those in storms yet.

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug
is everyone getting the d23 disney+ deal?

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

I did it, no brainer

Nottherealaborn
Nov 12, 2012
Only reason I’m holding off is to consider waiting for the Hulu and ESPN bundle.

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!
Yeah, I'm probably just gonna jump on the bundle as well assuming the Hulu is commercial free.

Nottherealaborn
Nov 12, 2012

couldcareless posted:

Yeah, I'm probably just gonna jump on the bundle as well assuming the Hulu is commercial free.

I believe Hulu is NOT the commercial free version, fyi.

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!
Well gently caress that.

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

Yeah there's only one bundle and it's with commercials. I lasted 30 minutes with Hulu and ads before I upgraded, so I was going to end up paying full price anyways. Only thing I'd watch on ESPN+ is the 30 For 30s so I'm not heartbroken over that.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Dren posted:

is everyone getting the d23 disney+ deal?

it's a good deal if you want it but I only have a couple streaming services

J33uk
Oct 24, 2005
Hmmm. MCO has unclosed itself for Monday.

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!
Shhhh, don't tell my wife. We are drunk downtown nola right doing our own drink around the world.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Never cancel for hurricanes. Either it misses or you get to have the world’s most fun natural disaster.

J33uk
Oct 24, 2005

couldcareless posted:

Shhhh, don't tell my wife. We are drunk downtown nola right doing our own drink around the world.

Well amusingly enough I also just read that some of the more recent model runs are bringing it back west so I think nobody has a dang clue. Go get wasted.

Cais
Jul 10, 2006
unicycler
I hopped on Disney+. Not looking like cast are going to get for free and 3 years costs about what my Netflix runs for a year. Figured why not.

Supposedly we are going to get a founder’s circle pin.

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug
I was a little on the fence about disney+, they shoulda said there would be a pin. gotta have a pin.

PkerUNO
Dec 21, 2007

Ambitious but rubbish
Today’s the last day of operation for Rock n Roller Coaster avec Aerosmith at Walt Disney Studios Paris. They were giving away free 40-page books on the history of the attraction to anyone who got a (limited) Fastpass. I got there just after opening time and they were already all gone! Shame but glad I still got to ride it one final time.

When it reopens it’ll be an Iron Man Coaster apparently? Not many more details just yet though.

I also saw Jungle Book Jive in front of the castle and it is spectacular. Disney does Bollywood and... just wow.

Also just saw Rhythm of the Pridelands, the mini-musical here at Disneyland Paris and it is amazing. The live singing, costumes, acrobatics... gotta admit too, He Lives In You had me a bit weepy. This has been an amazing season!

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Woman at the Magic Kingdom had such a bad meltdown that a manager needed to lead her away. She was convinced that Dorian had become a Category 7 and she needed to do everything because Disney would be completely destroyed.

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!
If somehow that ends up on the internet somewhere, please link.

Anya
Nov 3, 2004
"If you have information worth hearing, then I am grateful for it. If you're gonna crack jokes, then I'm gonna pull out your ribcage and wear it as a hat."
Hurricane time here is awesome, did 13 miles of parks and resorts yesterday on 4 hours of sleep. GE is pretty cool - not as mind blowing as Diagon Alley to me, but I’m emotionally invested into HP fandom, and I just enjoy Star Wars. I think if I was hard into Star Wars, I would feel more attachment. Single rider line is the way to go, turn left at the split - under 20 min wait when it was at 90 minutes for standby (would have been shorter but no Cast Member knew if SR was open).

7 theme parks in 7 days. New personal record.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
I went to Disney today to keep myself busy and not focused on minute to minute storm updates.

It is so loving hot today. I can barely make it between World Showcase pavilions without taking a break.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

Anya posted:

Hurricane time here is awesome, did 13 miles of parks and resorts yesterday on 4 hours of sleep. GE is pretty cool - not as mind blowing as Diagon Alley to me, but I’m emotionally invested into HP fandom, and I just enjoy Star Wars. I think if I was hard into Star Wars, I would feel more attachment. Single rider line is the way to go, turn left at the split - under 20 min wait when it was at 90 minutes for standby (would have been shorter but no Cast Member knew if SR was open).

7 theme parks in 7 days. New personal record.

Did you do Hagrids? Did you love it as much as we did?

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Single rider on Smuggler’s Run for a nominal 100 minute queue will get you on in about 15 minutes.

Cockblocktopus
Apr 18, 2009

Since the beginning of time, man has yearned to destroy the sun.

How's the Galaxy's Edge opening impacting the rest of Hollywood Studios? My gut tells me to avoid the whole park when we're down in two weeks but if the rest of HS is a ghost town then I'm tempted to scramble together an HS day instead of a second Epcot day.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

Cockblocktopus posted:

How's the Galaxy's Edge opening impacting the rest of Hollywood Studios? My gut tells me to avoid the whole park when we're down in two weeks but if the rest of HS is a ghost town then I'm tempted to scramble together an HS day instead of a second Epcot day.

things are weird this weekend because of the storm of course but here are the times as of 4:30 today:

Star Tours 15
Toy Story Mania 20
Rock n Roller Coaster 20
Tower of Terror 20
Alien Saucers 20
Slinky Dog Dash 50
Smugglers Run 95

The other day when Smugglers was 180+ Slinky was still hitting 70 I think.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

https://twitter.com/nickytea/status/1132366757748924416?s=21

https://twitter.com/briankesinger/status/1134884131140132864?s=21

https://twitter.com/the_hanbrolo/status/1136042308183347200?s=21

stabbity
Sep 28, 2004

Slinky was only 40 minutes when we hopped in line. The rest of the park has been practically dead but that's probably due to the weather.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
https://twitter.com/waltdisneyworld/status/1168634337430048770?s=21

Wylie
Jun 27, 2005

Ever to conquer, never to yield.

We had reservations for Fort Wilderness starting Wednesday. I kinda figured everything would be fine in the Orlando area, so we didn't change them.

We got a call today that they're closing the Fort to new arrivals tomorrow, and we're getting bumped up to the Grand Floridian at no extra charge.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

Wylie posted:

We had reservations for Fort Wilderness starting Wednesday. I kinda figured everything would be fine in the Orlando area, so we didn't change them.

We got a call today that they're closing the Fort to new arrivals tomorrow, and we're getting bumped up to the Grand Floridian at no extra charge.

Hell of an upgrade!

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Everything at Disney is closing by 3:00 except resort stores and dining. Meanwhile Universal is staying open until further notice.

I think Universal has the right idea. So far Dorian is looking to be little worse than our annual big thunderstorms.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

Epcot is staying open till 7 and Springs till 8 if anyone needs something to do. We got off with only about 15 minutes of heavy rain and wind here, pretty lucky. My neighbor that fully boarded up is pissed :v:

skipdogg
Nov 29, 2004
Resident SRT-4 Expert

Always better safe than sorry.

Anya
Nov 3, 2004

Bottom Liner posted:

Did you do Hagrids? Did you love it as much as we did?

Hagrid's was cool. However, I threw up twice on it.
I had done Race Around NYC, Revenge of the Mummy, Gringotts, Gorbidden Journey, Hagrids - not enough recovery time, and apparently I now get motion sick.

Still a really sweet ride, and theming was cool - I was overheated, dehydrated, and done.

Even Slinky made me feel a little weird this trip. TOT, Big Thunder, Space, Smugglers Run - still good to go. I need to invest in motion sickness patches.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
In one month, I’ll be in Tokyo.

Going to DisneySea on the Tuesday or Wednesday of my trip. Hoping it’s not too crowded on a weekday.

Can you reserve dining at a park restaurant from the US? If you can, anywhere in particular you all would recommend?

effervescible
Jun 29, 2012

i will eat your soul
Put down a deposit for a February stay at the Poly in February (thanks Braksgirl!) to celebrate a friend's professional milestone/use that milestone as an excuse for a Disney trip, and I'm feeling super excited even though there's months to go. I've done a number of two- and three-day stays tacked onto the end of Orlando work trips and one slightly longer Disney-only trip in the past few years, but I haven't done an actual weeklong Disney vacation since I was a kid. VERY happy about the easy access to Trader Sam's.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

skipdogg
Nov 29, 2004
Resident SRT-4 Expert

Feb is the best time to visit IMO. The weather is fantastic. We'll be there as well for like 8 or 9 days. We'll be over at Bay Lake Tower.