Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Don't touch my bags if you please, Mr Customs Man.

Bulgakov posted:

untitled goose game needs to prove its more than just a silly concept that became an endearing thing in the eyes of the internets imo

I played it at a conference last year and it was charming as hell. Multiple ways to complete tasks, the goose is indeed horrible, the crowd cheered everyone who played it. Can’t wait to see what a year of work has done for it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Bulgakov posted:

untitled goose game needs to prove its more than just a silly concept that became an endearing thing in the eyes of the internets imo

not in these eyes i'll tell you what

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

4000 Dollar Suit posted:

wait the joycon has a better dpad than the pro? how is that possible this dpad is only better than like the og nds dpad? not trying to troll or whatever, I just don't get how anyone could like this "dpad"

I honestly don't get what's wrong with the switch dpad. It's even better for fighters because you don't have a chance of adding inputs. I was parrying into combos in sf3 way easier than usual.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

bushisms.txt posted:

I honestly don't get what's wrong with the switch dpad. It's even better for fighters because you don't have a chance of adding inputs. I was parrying into combos in sf3 way easier than usual.

Yeah, I’ve really gotten used to it and think it’s fine for most things. The only thing it’s not good for is doing diagonals.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Bulgakov posted:

It looks like it's the new Goat Simulator, but I hope it's more like Donut Country where there's a decent puzzle element for the player to figure out.

runaway dog
Dec 11, 2005

I rarely go into the field, motherfucker.

bushisms.txt posted:

I actually don't mind the 4 individual button thing, it's the weird shallow clicky switches that nintendo has a great big boner for I'm not crazy about. the dpad on the xbox1 controller is similar.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

SelenicMartian posted:

It's more common for P to drop late-game enemies on you earlier on unlockable difficulties.

If it's like other P* games, they won't even be straight replacements either; they'll be there in addition to whatever should be encountered. Along with more of the regular enemies.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

bushisms.txt posted:

I just don't find 4 separate buttons that comfortable for 2D games

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Having owned this game growing up because I loved (and still love) that film so much, to hell with you :colbert:

That game is abhorrent trash.

I know it wasn't great but it was hardly trash. I loved that game as a kid. Driving around Toon Town was awesome; the original open world game.
Combat was pretty rear end though, and it was full of 80's video game logic. I would've said Dick Tracy, but enh.

Chin Strap
Nov 24, 2002

I failed my TFLC Toxx, but I no longer need a double chin strap :buddy:
Pillbug
Wilmots Warehouse is great on switch for anyone not playing Astral Chain. I'll just repost this other goons post from the Steam thread for a taste:

atholbrose posted:

Every third round in Wilmot's Warehouse you get a round in which you have unlimited time to rearrange your warehouse. UNLIMITED TIME. So sure, dump the socks by the traffic cones, I mean, the shutter's coming up in ten seconds and you have to get ready to fill some orders. But the next time you do a stock take? You'd better move those to... well... um... hm. We don't have a clothing department yet, so... start one? Or just stick the socks with the mittens in the Winter section? Yeah, that'll be all right. (And no, by the way, I don't agree that lemons are diamond-shaped, but we'll let that one slide.)

Also, after every round, when new products unlock and start being delivered, you can drag them around and group them on the stock list screen to plan how to group things together. A secondary screen to sort and arrange! No, I don't know where hundreds-and-thousands should go, either.

MUSCULAR BEAVER
Dec 26, 2014

HENDO! HENDO!
I still don’t think I’ll be convinced on astral chain until I see a donguri combo video showing off crazy poo poo I’ll never be able to do

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

https://twitter.com/Kininaru_onoff/status/1167737959627415553?s=20

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

sigher posted:

It looks like it's the new Goat Simulator, but I hope it's more like Donut Country where there's a decent puzzle element for the player to figure out.

I loved Donut County, but I wouldn't say it had a decent puzzle element, it was hardly a light puzzle element.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

That ice cream is more expensive than hand grenades.

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Bulgakov posted:

I know I have absolutely done my share of ironyposting/shitposting in this thread, but I'm actually looking forward to Untitled Goose Game, even if it's just Goat Simulator, but you're a goose instead.

I dunno, spending some time unwinding after a stressful day by honking at people sounds fun to me. Plus I really like the art style.

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'
Any recommendations for Treasure Stack? I always love a good vs. puzzle game. Reviews look kinda middling but it seems the game has had decent post-release support in terms of patches, a new mode etc.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Mister Facetious posted:

I know it wasn't great but it was hardly trash. I loved that game as a kid. Driving around Toon Town was awesome; the original open world game.
Combat was pretty rear end though, and it was full of 80's video game logic. I would've said Dick Tracy, but enh.

Well, perhaps I was being a bit hyperbolic, but goddamn, they dangle a few great things in front of your face, and then when you reach for them, they're covered in poo poo. The driving was great, the music and look of the game was all great.

The combat and item management are terrible aspects, and that Doom fight is just horrifically bad (I've only beaten it with the Game Genie cheat to get to full strength immediately, and EVEN THEN it was near impossible!)

I've often thought that if I was ever going to get into rom hacking, this would be the game I'd want to fix up the most. It had potential to be great, and it very much isn't right now.

Speaking of, Friday the 13th could stand a few changes to make it fantastic.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

How is Risk of Rain 2 port wise? Any glaring issues or slow down?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6531zmDXvlY

Here's some old gameplay that shows off the puzzle/objective based aspect of Goose Game. It's not just a Goat Simulator sandbox thing.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

Waffleman_ posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6531zmDXvlY

Here's some old gameplay that shows off the puzzle/objective based aspect of Goose Game. It's not just a Goat Simulator sandbox thing.

lmao, uk road signs for a pause menu, warming my heart right there.

game is gonna own.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

100YrsofAttitude posted:

I loved Donut County, but I wouldn't say it had a decent puzzle element, it was hardly a light puzzle element.

It was pretty much a walking simulator where walking was replaced with moving a hole around a screen

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Is there really a time limit, or is it just the expo thing?

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down
Anyone try the 8bitdo controllers? Eyeing those and reviews seem pretty good.

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Oh god why does it burn?!

TraderStav posted:

I've been enjoying my 30 Pro and Pro + ones just fine. The larger size and grips on the Pro + were what I needed for the size of my hands, but I had no issues with the regular one outside of that.

Faux Mulder
Aug 1, 2014

just gonna do whatever I want to do, all the time

TraderStav posted:

Any controller you're looking at in particular? I have a couple of 8bitdos - the N30, one of the discontinued SNES replica pads, and the discontinued SF30 SNES-replica-but-also-analog-sticks pad. They're all pretty excellent - great build quality and they're all fully Switch-compatible. The N30 I don't actually use so much because I don't like the small analogue-stick tips and it doesn't fit my hand, but I use both the others all the time on Switch and PC. The SNES pad in particular is much better quality than the pads that came with the SNES Classic, and I ended up buying an adapter to use the 8bitdo pad with that. The SF30 is good enough to use for any game that needs a standard DualShock-type console pad, and was my main PC controller until I got an Xbone pad.

It's a shame that you can't get the replica types any more (presumably due to Nintendo C&Ding, but I haven't read anything confirming that), but playing Mario Maker with a proper SNES D-pad is choice.

drat, now I wanna get me one of those new SN30 Pro+ bois.

Rated PG-34
Jul 1, 2004

I noticed you can get the 8bitdo controllers for a p good price on AliExpress. Might pick one up.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

He's got a secret weapon!

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.

Rated PG-34 posted:

I noticed you can get the 8bitdo controllers for a p good price on AliExpress. Might pick one up.

Yeah I ordered mine for 30 euros and it came quickly enough and is genuine.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

https://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/river-city-girls-switch/

Is this probably going to be a bad game? It actually looks awesome.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

The station HQ music in Astral Chain owns so much.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I said come in! posted:

https://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/river-city-girls-switch/

Is this probably going to be a bad game? It actually looks awesome.

Wayforward consistently makes decent games, so I wouldn't worry.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

https://twitter.com/ARCSY_Event/status/1167351246698631168

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FcwwDihccJU

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Does astral chain ever approach the highs of wonderful 101?

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Calaveron posted:

It takes a bit longer, but by the 3rd chapter, it starts getting there. I've just been in the training room since then, because they throw like 5 new mechanics at once at you. Really really fun figuring out what the gently caress I'm doing, the zandatsu slice is really cool.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Calaveron posted:

And like, the highest high of Wonderful 101 was the final boss, so no one here could tell you that.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

Terper posted:

And like, the highest high of Wonderful 101 was the final boss, so no one here could tell you that.

Does it ever approach a pre end high like say, a building turning into a gigantic mech powered by the pure and loving soul of a main character's mother?
Or playing punch out versus another giant robot?

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down

Faux Mulder posted:

Any controller you're looking at in particular? I have a couple of 8bitdos - the N30, one of the discontinued SNES replica pads, and the discontinued SF30 SNES-replica-but-also-analog-sticks pad. They're all pretty excellent - great build quality and they're all fully Switch-compatible. The N30 I don't actually use so much because I don't like the small analogue-stick tips and it doesn't fit my hand, but I use both the others all the time on Switch and PC. The SNES pad in particular is much better quality than the pads that came with the SNES Classic, and I ended up buying an adapter to use the 8bitdo pad with that. The SF30 is good enough to use for any game that needs a standard DualShock-type console pad, and was my main PC controller until I got an Xbone pad.

It's a shame that you can't get the replica types any more (presumably due to Nintendo C&Ding, but I haven't read anything confirming that), but playing Mario Maker with a proper SNES D-pad is choice.

drat, now I wanna get me one of those new SN30 Pro+ bois.

It the SN30 pro+ that has caught my eye.

Tempura Wizard
Sep 15, 2006

spending all
spending
spending all my time
Did anybody pick up Risk or Rain 2? I can’t find much yet online about performance, and don’t really want to wade through 10 pages of Astral Chain chat. How’s it in handheld? Gyro aim?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Castor Poe
Jul 19, 2010

Jar Jar is the key to all of this.
I paid $30 for Super Mega Baseball 2 and dont regret a thing. It's legit the most fun I've had with a baseball game since MVP 2005. Seriously guys, try the demo.