Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

Zazz Razzamatazz posted:

What was this again?

Nick Elms, the creative director at CIG is the Manchester connection in this entire mess. He previously founded Embryonic which was later sold and rebranded as TTFusion, and is how Erin ended up making Lego games for a living. And before that, he founded Warthog Games which worked with Erin and Digital Anvil on Starlancer. Warthog was sold to Gizmondo and went on to produce legendary games such as 'Sticky Balls'. Then Gizmondo was outed as a scheme by the Swedish Mafia, leaving the business $300m in debt. The most memorable thing about Gizmondo was the tale of Stefan Eriksson (you should really read his wiki) and the mysterious man 'Dietrich' that crashed his Ferrari.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Rotten Red Rod posted:

Ok someone is going to have to explain the Crobear reference to me, I have no idea how that started

peter gabriel posted:

Just photoshop chris's head on a bear or something, it'll be good no worries

Agony Aunt
Apr 17, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

CaressMeGently posted:

Rumours coming out of CIG Manchester that their QA team haven't been paid this month. Going on previous experience this is usually the start of the end - QA get boned first before other departments due to the perception that they are the most expendable.

Hopefully for them it's an admin error :tinfoil:

I thought their QA team was the horde of backers who pay to be QA people.

Agony Aunt
Apr 17, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Rotten Red Rod posted:

Ok someone is going to have to explain the Crobear reference to me, I have no idea how that started

It was just one of those things. Someone did a photoshop and things quickly spiralled out of control.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Rotten Red Rod posted:

According to reddit, bears are sexy (because bear is gay slang and we're all gay as gently caress) and get us all hot and bothered. So why not improve them with that dreamy face?

That's the real reason

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Yeah it was my fault, sorry :v: not sorry

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

I'm good with that.

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

You clearly don't understand game development

Cryrekt

skeletors_condom
Jul 21, 2017

Dogeh
Aug 30, 2017

ShitMeter: -------------|- 99%

peter gabriel posted:

Yeah it was my fault, sorry :v: not sorry

Like many other things.
:D

Sample_text
Apr 28, 2018

by VideoGames
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/474868266
SaltyRodMikeTwerk discuesses has a meltdown with the #nobullshit guy about pillars.

Starts at 1:40

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

Agony Aunt
Apr 17, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Door system improvements are still in for 3.9 though!

Agony Aunt
Apr 17, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Whales slowly begging to wonder who exactly is going to man their big ships when people obviously prefer flying their own ships.

I'm not sure, but without a ship, i think the obvious thing to do is to sneak on a ship, shoot the pilot in the head, and steal the ship.

Mr Fronts
Jan 31, 2016

Yo! The Mafia supports you. But don't tell no one. Spread the word.

Elite is BAD because players can't leave their ship.

Star Citizen will be GOOD when there are players who don't even have a ship.

Agony Aunt
Apr 17, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Unleash the Blobbers!

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

Agony Aunt posted:

Unleash the Blobbers!

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

:kayak:Welcome to the:kayak:
Dream Factory
:kayak:
Grimey Drawer

Sample_text posted:

SaltyRodMikeTwerk discuesses has a meltdown with the #nobullshit guy about pillars.

Game development didn't start until in the future

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/474868266?t=00h30m29s

Virtual Captain
Feb 20, 2017

Archive Priest of the Stimperial Order

Star Citizen Good, in all things forevermore. Amen.
:pray:
3 months delay? Do these guys know nothing about Star Citizen that is downright hyper optimistic. CIG delays come in years, not months.

The games media is parroting CIG's spokeshole, meanwhile the thread's latest rumor is that Chris is scrambling and an engine switch may come into play. Wonder which is closer to reality :mmmsmug:

his nibs posted:

:vince:

rePool
Apr 18, 2019

Undercover Goon.

So long and thanks for all the fish

Agony Aunt posted:

Unleash the Blobbers!

I enjoy trolling Joe than I should. :smug:

IncredibleIgloo
Feb 17, 2011

As for the switch of engine and trying to take advantage of Stadia, that is not likely to happen. Part of ensuring a good launch for the platform is a positive player experience. Games that have intrinsic instability will poison a user's perception of the platform as a whole. For example, if someone was unfamiliar with both products and decides to try Stadia and they foray into SC and have dozens of crashes within the first hour then that player will conflate the problems of SC as problems of Stadia and be less interested in adopting the platform. So until Stadia has a large and stable player base I would not expect SC to make an appearance, and probably not even then.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

http://i.imgur.com/9yZCQDy.gifv

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Drunk Theory posted:

So Beet. You still going to be acting thread janitor once we move? Or do I need to direct my many, many reports to the Games mods?

Yeah I'll still be around. I'm a Games mod now, so just report as normal and I'll come wildly misinterpret things and issue capricious probations that don't solve the problem

Lol I like how I can't even muster up the energy to care because obviously they were never gonna hit their dates. CIG have done such a good job at hypernormalizing this whole shitshow

monkeytek
Jun 8, 2010

It wasn't an ELE that wiped out the backer funds. It was Tristan Timothy Taylor.

Jesus Mutha Humpin Christ

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer

monkeytek posted:

Jesus Mutha Humpin Christ
good news for that guy, the leaks like a year ago+ already discussed a free to play option once server stability is no longer an issue (lol)

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

You clearly don't understand game development

Beet Wagon posted:

Yeah I'll still be around. I'm a Games mod now, so just report as normal and I'll come wildly misinterpret things and issue capricious probations that don't solve the problem

Lol I like how I can't even muster up the energy to care because obviously they were never gonna hit their dates. CIG have done such a good job at hypernormalizing this whole shitshow

Can we still get custom 6er probations? If so please can i have a "RIP Stupid Crowdfunding Accomplishments Mausoleum subforum, we bearly knew you" with a Crobear pic? :v:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Sample_text
Apr 28, 2018

by VideoGames

his nibs posted:

:perfect:

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

holy poo poo "at some point they're going to have to start marking the game"

pack up the thread my dudes, no way we can do better than this

Edit: "starting to try to finish" ahahahahahaha

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

EminusSleepus
Sep 28, 2015

yet another KS space game that is almost ready for launch..while Sperg Citizen is still in Lunch mode

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UypqEyV2_-Y

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

Know what other group says this exact same thing and has never been right about a goddamned thing? Those idiotic Q tards.

jarlywarly
Aug 31, 2018

EminusSleepus posted:

yet another KS space game that is almost ready for launch..while Sperg Citizen is still in Lunch mode

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UypqEyV2_-Y

I'm an Asteroid Backer so have access to it this weekend. Having a hassle getting the controls working and the ingame menus are a mess are my 1st impressions.

reverend crabhands
Feb 3, 2016

Sample_text posted:

SaltEMike loses his rag because someone said CIG cannot manage a project (1m40), then proceeds to talk about how lovely previous patches were and how the project has been mismanaged (5mins onwards). :confused:

reverend crabhands fucked around with this message at 17:57 on Aug 31, 2019

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

Whatever happened to

?

Does he still goblin about pretending to be a crack legal ace?

Sectopod
Aug 24, 2017

Quavers posted:

Can we still get custom 6er probations? If so please can i have a "RIP Stupid Crowdfunding Accomplishments Mausoleum subforum, we bearly knew you" with a Crobear pic? :v:

Yeah, can I get a sixer with a crobbear minion as one last huzzah of the thread?

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler

Quavers posted:

If this is something that ends up happening. Then I would love one as well.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Can do. I'll try and get them done this weekend so that if the storm does end up coming my way it doesn't mess with your probes

GoingPostal
Jun 1, 2015

I love Derek Smart
U love Derek Smart
If we didn't love Derek Smart, we'd be lame
I'll take one too! My first probation as a send off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slow_Moe
Feb 18, 2013

Me too please! I want to join the bad boyz club.