Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

abelwingnut posted:

saves, wins, and even quality starts are pretty much entirely random. they are dependent on soooooooo many other things beyond a pitcher's control. i wish they were loving abolished from fantasy.

In that case we need to ditch R, RBI, and SB

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

It's a problem you think we need to explain ourselves.
My league only counts WAR, FIP, xOBA, and SNUH

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Spoeank posted:

In that case we need to ditch R, RBI, and SB

There's leagues out there that do. You have no idea the depths of depravity out there.

Bregor
May 31, 2013

People are idiots, Leslie.

Simpsons Reference posted:

My league only counts WAR, FIP, xOBA, and SNUH

Don’t forget TOOTBLAN

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

This season is really dragging... I've been in 1st place in 6 of my 8 leagues for weeks and have just been on autopilot setting lineups and stuff. Haven't made a move in a long time. I just want the playoffs to start.

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

:derp:   :kayak:                                     
Pivetta got demoted (again) today and I just remembered he went for $12 in my league.

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D. posted:

This season is really dragging... I've been in 1st place in 6 of my 8 leagues for weeks and have just been on autopilot setting lineups and stuff. Haven't made a move in a long time. I just want the playoffs to start.

If we're posting about our teams, I'm in 1st, 3rd, 6th, and 7th in my pro leagues. Just moved into 3rd, ie into the money, in the roto one, after months out of it, which is very satisfying. Also am tied for first in Rand's goon league. Unlike you I've been burning up the waiver wire lately though... Aquino, Melancon, May, Tauchman, Will Smith...

Bregor
May 31, 2013

Schweinhund posted:

Pivetta got demoted (again) today and I just remembered he went for $12 in my league.

I was so high on him before the season started...

:smith:

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Playoffs are no big deal,
don't have a crap attack.
Bauer has been the most frustrating pitcher I have owned, I think. There never seems to be any middle ground.

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

My opponent who hasn't logged in since July and only has one active starting pitcher is beating me in wins 5-1.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN

Twin Cinema posted:

Bauer has been the most frustrating pitcher I have owned, I think. There never seems to be any middle ground.

Same

Bauer gave me negative 7 I lost by 4. That’s fine. Everything is fine

the_american_dream fucked around with this message at 03:31 on Aug 26, 2019

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
Held on to win this week which I'm pretty sure locks me into the #2 seed at worst.

EDIT: Holy poo poo if I win and my brother loses next week I end up #1.

EDIT2: Oh actually I think he has #1 on lock because of his win pct.

Inspector_666 fucked around with this message at 07:30 on Aug 26, 2019

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Jonathan Villar is good at the game of based balls and no one notices it so I hope he doesn't go insanely high next season in drafts.

Bregor
May 31, 2013

Rand alPaul posted:

Jonathan Villar is good at the game of based balls and no one notices it so I hope he doesn't go insanely high next season in drafts.

Yeah good luck with that. Anyone with 20+ SB is going to be crazy expensive.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Bregor posted:

Yeah good luck with that. Anyone with 20+ SB is going to be crazy expensive.

Will have to rely upon 2 months of healthy Byron Buxton instead :qq:

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!
Please let this Phillies game end before Rhys Hoskins can drag my AVG down anymore than he already has.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
I drafted Scooter Gennett in the 7th round.

Thankfully I also then drafted Ketel Marte in the 20th.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

coronaball posted:

Please let this Phillies game end before Rhys Hoskins can drag my AVG down anymore than he already has.

God he's been so bad. Did you see him pop out with the bases loaded and one out?

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Playoffs are no big deal,
don't have a crap attack.
When can I drop Bauer?

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Dude is just bad now

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

Mondesi steals in his first inning back. wb :h:

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Gavin Lux is up

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

It's that time of year in my league where the people who are eliminated from the playoffs decide it's really important to do well in the consolation bracket. 3 two start pitchers for next week got added by 2 of these guys today.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Always go for the win no matter how far you’re out.

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

I won this week's matchup 8 - 2 against the team I will likely play in the first round of the playoffs, but how they wound up with 8 wins without streaming SP....

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
#2 seed official, now to have a relaxing bye week where my team will be hotter than gently caress only to poo poo the bed entirely in the semis.

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!

Moneyball posted:

Jose Urena is coming back as a SP eligible closer in a couple weeks, for those who might need him in the playoffs.

Once again... :tipshat:

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
*smugly sits Bauer nodding confidently at Nola

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

I think Berrios is going to benchridden for the remainder of the season. What a fall.

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

DeepDickPizza posted:

Once again... :tipshat:

:stonkhat:

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

Well, poo poo

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!

:laffo:
:suicide:

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Urena’s ERA last night was INF. That’s good right?

resident
Dec 22, 2005

WE WERE ALL UP IN THAT SHIT LIKE A MUTHAFUCKA. IT'S CLEANER THAN A BROKE DICK DOG.

I might set the ERA high score this week. Currently sitting at 7.7 after 30 innings.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

I think I've got a first round bye pretty much locked up in all 8 of my leagues. :woop:

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
I have a .320 average so far this week, and of the 4 playoff teams playing this week, I'm sitting comfortably in 3rd

gonna love to ops over 1.100 and lose

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

I'm riding a 4.20 ERA with 69K so far :frogc00l:

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

dang I was planning on speculating on Wick (Cubs reliever) when next week started and I had available moves again. Then Kimbrel gets DL'd before then and other teams scooped him and Cishek

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

Glasnow is starting tomorrow against Toronto. If he happens to be available or on your DL, now's the time to act.

Then again, look how my last advice went

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!

Moneyball posted:

Glasnow is starting tomorrow against Toronto. If he happens to be available or on your DL, now's the time to act.

Then again, look how my last advice went

He will likely be on a strict innings count, it will be hard for him to get wins or QS