Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Salean
Mar 17, 2004

Homewrecker

Guaido shoulda gotten martyred instead of doing nothing if he wanted real change. Do something, juan !

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mar 18, 2019

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Corky Romanovsky posted:

Look at all these google reviews!

Hahahahahahahaha. Man you are good.

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006

Frijolero posted:

Liberals are closet white supremacists

fnox was weirdly reticent about how a "web developer" with no certs was able to hang out in sweden for a year with no job.

and using privilege is not that big of a deal as long as you don't treat it like some dark secret! with literally any other poster in any other context in any other country regarding any other issue i'd be like "yo, gently caress it, hustle respects hustle" and move on, but.... lmao thats a big loving detail about your personal story to stay quiet on while using your personal life story to talk about how you're totally in touch with the man on the street in VZ who definitely wants Something TO Happen; certainly not invasions coups or bombs! you'd never advocate that! you don't have the balls to advocate that. no. passive voice only. someone. must do: something. other than maduro. who's to say?

ogresque
Mar 27, 2019

by VideoGames
it would be absolutely terrible if fnox, and also 536, got chain-probated into eternity,

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 27 days!)

Willie Tomg posted:

fnox was weirdly reticent about how a "web developer" with no certs was able to hang out in sweden for a year with no job.

and using privilege is not that big of a deal as long as you don't treat it like some dark secret! with literally any other poster in any other context in any other country regarding any other issue i'd be like "yo, gently caress it, hustle respects hustle" and move on, but.... lmao thats a big loving detail about your personal story to stay quiet on while using your personal life story to talk about how you're totally in touch with the man on the street in VZ who definitely wants Something TO Happen; certainly not invasions coups or bombs! you'd never advocate that! you don't have the balls to advocate that. no. passive voice only. someone. must do: something. other than maduro. who's to say?

My favorite fnox bit was when he tried to prove something must be done by saying he saw people eating out of the garbage. Like that's a problem only Venezuela has.

ogresque
Mar 27, 2019

by VideoGames
whats people eating garbage in sweden got to do with maduro

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

My favorite fnox bit was when he tried to prove something must be done by saying he saw people eating out of the garbage. Like that's a problem only Venezuela has.

Isn't that literally a Paul Joseph Watson line about Venezuelans?

"They're eating GARBAGE!!!!!!"

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 27 days!)

PJW wouldn't even leave his flat, so it's not like he'd know.

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

liberals have an extreme problem of abiding by the most basic ancient biblical moral standard of not being the hypocrite, the idea that you should apply the standards you apply to others to yourself

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

fnox is PJW.:laugh:

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

PJW is intimately familiar with eating garbage because his diet consists entirely of BRAIN FORCE.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

I'm guessing no one questioned him on that?

mortons stork
Oct 13, 2012
im assuming that bit refers to a video + interview of poor venezuelans chasing a garbage truck and sifting through garbage cans because they are starving. this is an indictment of maduro, even though the country has been targeted with crippling sanctions (that according to liberals are useless and do no harm), and state reserves have been seized so they could not be used to import basic necessities.

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

it means the businesses weren't properly bleaching the garbage :911:

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Serious talk tho Xi should invade Atlantic City, NJ.

Kurnugia
Sep 2, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

mortons stork posted:

im assuming that bit refers to a video + interview of poor venezuelans chasing a garbage truck and sifting through garbage cans because they are starving. this is an indictment of maduro, even though the country has been targeted with crippling sanctions (that according to liberals are useless and do no harm), and state reserves have been seized so they could not be used to import basic necessities.

p sure that was a fake too

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Willie Tomg posted:

I'm generally inclined to trust these claims (since it's not that inconceivable that someone who experienced legitimate hardship might respond by developing hardline pro-regime-change views towards their country's government, and I'll end up looking like a huge rear end in a top hat if I assume otherwise and am wrong), but I'm aware that I'm probably being overly naive by doing this.

I definitely do feel disgust towards a bunch of privileged white-collar liberals using a handful of Venezuelan ex-pats to justify harming millions of people through sanctions or military action, though. It seems like this is a fairly frequent trend among these types, where a bunch of white managerial-professional goons all glomp onto a handful of minorities who agree with them and use that to justify their toxic/harmful political views. It also happened/happens with the anti-Sanders folks. I really can't understate the visceral disgust I feel towards these people.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/robinmonotti/status/1167683055705890817

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
You keep Evo's name out of your dirty gringo mouths you motherfuckers

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

WARNING: This poster is a huge bitch!

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

do these people even attempt to reconcile this with maduro straight up offering another election while again asking for UN observers to ratify it, while the opposition explicitly refused both offers, or does that just kind of fall by the wayside

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo
jesus loving christ.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

I’m not seeing how blaming Bolivia for this works. I thought it was well established this happened due to the clear cutting policies of Brazil?

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

Lightning Knight posted:

I’m not seeing how blaming Bolivia for this works.

Evo Morales is a left-leaning President of Bolivia and therefore automatically bad prima facie, ergo accuse him of having committed all crimes everywhere all the time.

Corky Romanovsky
Oct 1, 2006

Soiled Meat

World War Mammories posted:

do these people even attempt to reconcile this with maduro straight up offering another election while again asking for UN observers to ratify it, while the opposition explicitly refused both offers, or does that just kind of fall by the wayside

Maduro and the PSUV have undetectable mind control and/or cyber hacking capability. They only way to ensure a free and fair election is to hold elections months after:

1) Maduro and anyone 6-degrees from him is forced into exile or dead
2) vote buying is ended (such as CLAP, and other social welfare programs)
3) foreign aid is allowed in, via designated distribution channels that use the free market to efficiently allocate the aid, while trickling down economic stimulation

Some worry that 2 would lead to an increase mortality rate for the lower two thirds of the population, but proponents of 3 assure us that mortality rates would, in fact, be optimized.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Horseshoe theory posted:

Evo Morales is a left-leaning President of Bolivia and therefore automatically bad prima facie, ergo accuse him of having committed all crimes everywhere all the time.

I mean yes I gathered that but is there an actual argument or is it just that?

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

Evo Morales rules hard from what I've heard.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Heartcatch posted:

Evo Morales rules hard from what I've heard.

I ask because I’m seeing him out here literally fighting the fires so I am confused.

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

Lightning Knight posted:

I ask because I’m seeing him out here literally fighting the fires so I am confused.

Imagine I photoshopped the polaroid from memento that says "DON'T BELIEVE HIS LIES" but the picture is of the logos for NATO and the US State Department

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

420 Gank Mid posted:

Imagine I photoshopped the polaroid from memento that says "DON'T BELIEVE HIS LIES" but the picture is of the logo for NATO and the US State Department

lmao

ogresque
Mar 27, 2019

by VideoGames
extinction rebellion is so bad and stupid, how

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

We're gonna feel so silly when it turns out zapplez was secretly every single person supporting Guaido online.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Lightning Knight posted:

Bolsonaro literally ran on the promise that he'd burn down the Amazon and the ranchers doing it have proudly and openly admitted it lol

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

ogresque
Mar 27, 2019

by VideoGames
this is one of the most american things ive ever seen

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Worse than Pinochet.

IDONTPOST
Apr 18, 2018

what the gently caress

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost
freedom of movement is a fundamental human right, but only for troops

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!
hoo boy this is some agitprop right here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Un2zXkM-03U

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Barry Convex posted:

hoo boy this is some agitprop right here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Un2zXkM-03U

tfw your lovely right wing propaganda show isn’t even as interesting as the version Call of Duty did 6 years ago lmao

at least that one had space super weapons and kill dogs