Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kanine
Aug 5, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
https://twitter.com/NightInTheWoods/status/1166778779756314625
https://twitter.com/bombsfall/status/1166776616665735168

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Very good response. Hoping for the best. They also mentioned needing to cancel their current project they were working on, and delaying a port of Night in the Woods to iOS. As an indie dev, this cannot be easy for them. They are incredibly strong and brave people.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

There are turds in the replies, which makes you wonder what about this game even appealed to them.

Sherry Bahm
Jul 30, 2003

filled with dolphins
The cognitive dissonance of people who claim to have a genuine affection for this game and the story it presents yet somehow manage to maintain a victim blaming attitude about this revelation is incredibly depressing.

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

UnknownMercenary posted:

There are turds in the replies, which makes you wonder what about this game even appealed to them.

i'm going to guess most of those replies are from folks who haven't played the game and have been mobilized by some angry gamer trash site

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

ITs almost certainly because its Zoe quinn making the statement.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

luxury handset posted:

i'm going to guess most of those replies are from folks who haven't played the game and have been mobilized by some angry gamer trash site

https://twitter.com/Rikter14/status/1166795521320603648

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Synthbuttrange posted:

ITs almost certainly because its Zoe quinn making the statement.

It's this, but they are intentionally ignoring that multiple other women have come forward and confirmed her story and that they have experienced similar abuse from the same person.

Sherry Bahm
Jul 30, 2003

filled with dolphins

I said come in! posted:

It's this, but they are intentionally ignoring that multiple other women have come forward and confirmed her story and that they have experienced similar abuse from the same person.

But it's always a conspiracy by multiple jilted women piling in to take down a successful man, you see.

Every.

Single.

Time.

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

luxury handset posted:

Nailed it. Bad faith trolls show up in every other topic I don't see why this would be any different.

Old Boot
May 9, 2012

Buglord

Tin Can Hit Man posted:

But it's always a conspiracy by multiple jilted women piling in to take down a successful man, you see.

Every.

Single.

Time.

Remember, it takes 14+ allegations before it becomes a legitimate accusation, we need to weed out the gold diggers.

:sigh:

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

This is heartbreaking on multiple levels.

StratGoatCom
Aug 6, 2019

Our security is guaranteed by being able to melt the eyeballs of any other forum's denizens at 15 minutes notice

If they do a KS to replace the music, they have my money, without question, at a high tier.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

StratGoatCom posted:

If they do a KS to replace the music, they have my money, without question, at a high tier.

pretty sure that ship's long sailed

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

I wonder if they just end up donating the proceeds somewhere. Would his name still be all over the game going forward?

It's a whole thread but I feel this part is most relevant here.

https://twitter.com/bombsfall/status/1167467422896594945

https://twitter.com/bombsfall/status/1167468315238981637

UnknownMercenary fucked around with this message at 00:41 on Aug 31, 2019

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Well yes. Unless they pull out all his work.

Old Boot
May 9, 2012

Buglord

Synthbuttrange posted:

Well yes. Unless they pull out all his work.

Well, I always said the soundtrack reminded me a lot of Ulrich Schnauss's stuff.

Guess I can just play his albums in the background if I ever replay the game again :P

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Squiddycat posted:

This is heartbreaking on multiple levels.
yeah :( NITW is very close to my heart, and while the writing was the most important by far the music definitely played a part. I've also covered several of the tracks.

gently caress.

Snackmar
Feb 23, 2005

I'M PROGRAMMED TO LOVE THIS CHOCOLATY CAKE... MY CIRCUITS LIGHT UP FOR THAT FUDGY ICING.
There's an update to the story from about an hour ago.. https://twitter.com/derangedpoetess/status/1167855630385909760

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Zoe Quinn might want to uh... not get on twitter for a while.

Desperate Character
Apr 13, 2009
drat this escalated quickly. Suicide just makes things worse for everybody around :(

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp
:stare: Jesus Christ

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

whoof

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

do not make the same stupid mistake i did of wandering into the comments on other social platforms

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Holy gently caress

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

I'm not sure if I'm gonna be able to listen to to this game's music ever again. Will I be able to play the game ever again, even?

I don't really know what else to say.

Meowywitch fucked around with this message at 20:35 on Aug 31, 2019

Kanine
Aug 5, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
DO NOT READ THE loving COMMENTS

Old Boot
May 9, 2012

Buglord
I'm gonna be real, I have a mood disorder that has lead to rage attacks. I am no stranger to apologizing and recognizing that some people may want nothing to do with me/keep my distance now that I've figured my poo poo out. I am not proud of any of it, but I was never so far gone that I raised a hand to someone, or loving raped them.

Seriously, if I woke up one morning and realized I'd repeatedly raped someone (saying nothing of several someones) and treated them that loving horrendously, I'd have killed myself long before it even came close to seeing the light of day. Because how in the gently caress do you ever let it come to that without seriously re-evaluating your worth as a person. How.

Maybe I'll eat a probe for having zero sympathy, but I don't. Mental illness is no excuse for the poo poo he did, and I already hate what this is going to turn into. I legit hate that he didn't have the fortitude to eat the loving shame and live with it. His victims sure as gently caress do, and now they have to deal with even more of it.

Bottom line, I feel real loving bad for Zoe Quinn. Like beyond bad.

Old Boot fucked around with this message at 20:54 on Aug 31, 2019

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

Old Boot posted:

If I were her I'd just delete Twitter and spend like the next month backpacking in Alaska or somewhere else far, far, far away from the storm of chud bullshit that's developing.

pumpinglemma
Apr 28, 2009

DD: Fondly regard abomination.

Old Boot posted:

I'm gonna be real, I have a mood disorder that has lead to rage attacks. I am no stranger to apologizing and recognizing that some people may want nothing to do with me/keep my distance now that I've figured my poo poo out. I am not proud of any of it, but I was never so far gone that I raised a hand to someone, or loving raped them.

Seriously, if I woke up one morning and realized I'd repeatedly raped someone (saying nothing of several someones) and treated them that loving horrendously, I'd have killed myself long before it even came close to seeing the light of day. Because how in the gently caress do you ever let it come to that without seriously re-evaluating your worth as a person. How.

Maybe I'll eat a probe for having zero sympathy, but I don't. Mental illness is no excuse for the poo poo he did, and I already hate what this is going to turn into. I legit hate that he didn't have the fortitude to eat the loving shame and live with it. His victims sure as gently caress do, and now they have to deal with even more of it.

Speaking as someone taking anti-depressants: amen to every last word of that.

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
"He wasn't sorry about the act, he was sorry he got caught" taken to its most cowardly extreme. Zoe needs to get away from Twitter and Twitter was a loving mistake anyway.

E: I also suffer(ed) from rage syndrome as well but I've never hurt anyone because of it, only objects and myself and even then I always felt like a loving monster afterwards. Being on sertraline now and able to zen myself away from my anger I totally agree that it doesn't exonerate you from accountability.

Songbearer fucked around with this message at 21:06 on Aug 31, 2019

StratGoatCom
Aug 6, 2019

Our security is guaranteed by being able to melt the eyeballs of any other forum's denizens at 15 minutes notice

Songbearer posted:

"He wasn't sorry about the act, he was sorry he got caught" taken to its most cowardly extreme. Zoe needs to get away from Twitter and Twitter was a loving mistake anyway.

Yeah, given the rate at which folks kill themselves after being raped, I really can't find the time to sympathize with a rapist who topped himself. His sister, certainly, but not him.

StratGoatCom fucked around with this message at 21:06 on Aug 31, 2019

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

I'm just already trying to steele myself for the gross martyrdom that shitheads are going to turn this into

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Old Boot posted:

you shouldn't eat a probe because this is exactly right

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

Looks like Scott Benson noped out of Twitter

https://twitter.com/bombsfall

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
this is loving awful

repiv posted:

I feel like avoiding the internet and i'm not even involved, I can't imagine what it's like for those who are

Kanine
Aug 5, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

repiv posted:

i really can't blame him

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Well this has been some seriously crazy times. Has any other game had this level of drama behind it?

It's gonna be tough to enjoy NITW in the future. I really truly enjoyed it and I had some feelings about the themes and social interactions in the game.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

repiv posted:

He made a tweet shortly before this that he's deactivating his account for a while.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Ineffiable posted:

Well this has been some seriously crazy times. Has any other game had this level of drama behind it?

It's gonna be tough to enjoy NITW in the future. I really truly enjoyed it and I had some feelings about the themes and social interactions in the game.

To be fair, the only involvement Alec had with the game was the music. Still sucks though as there were a lot of really good tracks on there.