Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

:kayak:Welcome to the:kayak:
Dream Factory
:kayak:
Grimey Drawer
probate the whole thread imo

his nibs fucked around with this message at 18:45 on Aug 31, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dark Off
Aug 14, 2015

his nibs posted:

seconding this ^

reverend crabhands
Feb 3, 2016

Yes I would like to be banned too, I can post something bad about Kayak if it helps

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

BeigeJacket
Jul 21, 2005

I haven’t followed SC, or read this thread, for ages till the fabulous events of the last week. I’ve been amazed all over again at the sheer, concentrated stupidity of this silly little game and it’s dwindling band of die hard backers.

Overall, in summation I’d say that caves-in-a-space-game and mission giver Eddie Parr are just what’s needed to turn the project around.

Kharan
Jun 28, 2005
Ned is dead

Yello,

Time for my annual posting, especially since the other devs here have been silenced by the relentless CI legal machine. I promised I would honor Star Citizen in the next release of Cave Digger, so here it is. It is the most expensive upgrade in the game, and as you would suspect, it does absolutely nothing. Buying the thing does prompt a voice line by the Newscaster.

Anyway, get us on Quest in a couple weeks. I promise it's a better deal than Star Citizen. Ending with a parp.

Baxta
Feb 18, 2004

Needs More Pirate

Kharan posted:

Yello,

Time for my annual posting, especially since the other devs here have been silenced by the relentless CI legal machine. I promised I would honor Star Citizen in the next release of Cave Digger, so here it is. It is the most expensive upgrade in the game, and as you would suspect, it does absolutely nothing. Buying the thing does prompt a voice line by the Newscaster.

Anyway, get us on Quest in a couple weeks. I promise it's a better deal than Star Citizen. Ending with a parp.

I love this

Terminally Bored
Oct 31, 2011

Twenty-five dollars and a six pack to my name
Another resetera thread with some classics:

CaressMeGently
May 12, 2019

Agony Aunt posted:

I thought their QA team was the horde of backers who pay to be QA people.

Pfff they wish they could spend 10 hrs a day logging JIRA tasks for what is already a godforsaken bug-fest. Surely that's the dream?

Dark Off
Aug 14, 2015

Kharan posted:

Yello,

this is fantastic.
You should also add moma's toast and stimperial digger that glitches out.

AutismVaccine
Feb 26, 2017

SPECIAL NEEDS
SQUAD

his nibs posted:

Kharan
Jun 28, 2005
Ned is dead

Dark Off posted:

this is fantastic.
You should also add moma's toast and stimperial digger that glitches out.

I actually had to fix some Cave Citizen glitches reported by Oculus. I guess I should have include more bears.

Have a trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=by-yLLSQVkM

Pixelate
Jan 6, 2018

"You win by having fun"

Terminally Bored posted:

Oh god, he scored supplements off Chris. It was inevitable...

Dogeh
Aug 30, 2017

ShitMeter: -------------|- 99%

his nibs posted:

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help

Terminally Bored posted:

A killer app indeed. It killed Amazon's Lumberyard and now it's out for the next victim.

MedicineHut
Feb 25, 2016

his nibs posted:

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Terminally Bored posted:

even jpg production is down!

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer

Kharan posted:

I actually had to fix some Cave Citizen glitches reported by Oculus. I guess I should have include more bears.

Have a trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=by-yLLSQVkM

fuckin lol

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Fidelitious posted:

What is this even in response to?

I'm constantly surprised someone this childish has got an actual adult job.

And his 'lady friends'
And rock-climbing
And his CREDENTIALS
while being that Kazan

For all we know, his "lady friends" could just be using him for his money :shrug:

skeletors_condom
Jul 21, 2017

Sectopod posted:

Yeah, can I get a sixer with a crobbear minion as one last huzzah of the thread?

+1, crobbear minions for all! Or this one:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Iceclaw
Nov 4, 2009

Fa la lanky down dilly, motherfuckers.

Bofast posted:

For all we know, his "lady friends" could actually be in 3d :shrug:

FTFY

Terminally Bored
Oct 31, 2011

Twenty-five dollars and a six pack to my name

Sample_text
Apr 28, 2018

by VideoGames
After so much time, Star Citizen can finally be considered a game...

.... on the Something Awful forums thread category.

Sample_text
Apr 28, 2018

by VideoGames

So this is literally a flowery description of "gently caress you , got mine"
Except it's more like, "gently caress you, hope to get mine someday"...

EDIT: You know, his purple prose about utopia and artisans reminds me of the old Escapist forums, where people would post words upon words upon novels of words looked up in dictionaries to tell you that you're a worthless console pleb for liking Halo 3.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

Hazamuth
May 9, 2007

the original bugsy

his nibs posted:

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

his nibs posted:

monkeytek
Jun 8, 2010

It wasn't an ELE that wiped out the backer funds. It was Tristan Timothy Taylor.

LOLOLOLOLOL

No way in hell will you ever see one of those wales working a ship.

It's why you buy fleets BRAH!

Are you too poor?

Do you even lift?

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

I'm so confused right now.

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer

skeletors_condom posted:

I am somewhat skeptical of TheAgent's rumor about an engine switch.

IMO it's not in crobo's financial interest to switch engines. There is some level of risk that this could result in a premature end of the project. With the current trajectory Crobo and his family can continue milking true believers for at least another 2 years (perhaps even more?).

I suppose they could switch engines without telling the backers until much later, just to try and escape this legal millstone around their necks.

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

Tippis posted:

I'm so confused right now.

Don't be. I thought you made a good point that was worth reiterating in this thread.

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer

One in the Bum posted:

since all they have is art assets and mocap, is it really all that much of a "do over" by changing engines? I mean, don't those things just import from blender to <insertEngineNameHere>

As I recall, some goon in this thread tried importing a ship model from the website ship viewer into Unity and it just crashed the engine. Maybe UE4 can handle that much geometry?

MedicineHut posted:

hosed up if true.
Deep Space Nine soundtrack seems to agree.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

I remember back in the day someone calculated roughly the amount CR had spent on mocaping. Something like 40 mill I think. Anyone remember?

Dogeh
Aug 30, 2017

ShitMeter: -------------|- 99%

Sandweed posted:

I remember back in the day someone calculated roughly the amount CR had spent on mocaping. Something like 40 mill I think. Anyone remember?

This is including actors' fees, studio builds, table tennis balls?

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

Bofast posted:

I suppose they could switch engines without telling the backers until much later, just to try and escape this legal millstone around their necks.

If it actually gets to the point where an engine change is seriously being considered as a last gasp option, then I reckon they'll just do the "Crytek/Goons/DS/Blockers/Lawyers/Lack of faith ruined the whole thing so we (CInotG) are taking a break from social media/Game dev/marketing/videos/all, due to targetted harrassment, but we'll be back once the tech catches up/people stop being meanies"

They'll never go for an engine swap because they are so deep into Cryengine that changing to something different will mean all their actually skilled (or knowedgeable) devs suddenly finding themselves starting over from scratch in an unfamiliar engine with all their past work in the bin, highly demoralizing at the very least.

I'll take a sixer when appropriate please Beet to mark the end of this, the greatest god drat thread to ever have been created on this, the dumbest and gayest of all the forums in the land. :D

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

Sandweed posted:

That was around 2017 iirc, the total for mo-cap will most likely have doubled since then due to the reworks and redo's since :)

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard
https://twitter.com/RobertsSpaceInd/status/1167196222521655296

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

skeletors_condom posted:

+1, crobbear minions for all! Or this one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vr-I8XIAj8I

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help

Bofast posted:

Hey Citizens, that broken thing you have been alpha-testing for months? Well, here's the thing.

Nicholas
Mar 7, 2001

Were those not fine days, when we drank of clear honey, and spoke in calm tones of our love for the stuff?
- Liquidating physical merch
- High pressure sales tactics for new digital merch
- Publicly announced delays
- Almost complete lack of progress even compared to their "conservative" release cycles
- Extreme culling of roadmap deliverables

Everything is looking good for CIG!

Nicholas fucked around with this message at 22:03 on Aug 31, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer

his nibs posted:

This.