Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

Texans desperation to not waste that sweet rookie contract of DeShaun Watson. Or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Now the Saints/Texans opener is the Kenny Stills grudge game.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
Texans sabotage their defense by trading Clowney for future considerations, immediately trade away huge amounts of future considerations

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Belichick's coaching tree is straight poison.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

SKULL.GIF posted:

So does the Dolphins locker room riot now?

at this point it's just a bunch of placards on empty lockers saying "reserved for 2020 draft pick"

Hamhandler
Aug 9, 2008

[I want to] shit in your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your real mother across the face [laughter]. Fuck you, you're still a rookie. I'll kill you.
https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1167914061087956994

I was hoping for them to somehow get Bernardrick McKinney out of that too, but drat

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

Didn't the chiefs ask about trading for Clowney and the asking was too drat high so they got Frank Clark instead? Maybe if they asked a little bit less at the time they'd have something worthwhile in return now,

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Catfish Noodlin posted:

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1167914061087956994

I was hoping for them to somehow get Bernardrick McKinney out of that too, but drat

Davenport is negative value

Hamhandler
Aug 9, 2008

[I want to] shit in your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your real mother across the face [laughter]. Fuck you, you're still a rookie. I'll kill you.
I think it's worth noting that Laremy Tunsil was PFF's 17th rated pass protecting Tackle in 2018(his career best), and their 50th rated run blocker, and he's going into his 4th season, and has played a full season once in his collegiate/NFL career.

He's Branden Albert, not Joe Thomas.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Fat Jesus posted:

Didn't the chiefs ask about trading for Clowney and the asking was too drat high so they got Frank Clark instead? Maybe if they asked a little bit less at the time they'd have something worthwhile in return now,

If the Chiefs were offering the the same package they gave for Clark, lol Texans

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Fat Jesus posted:

The Texans tried to engage them directly about Clowney when the Clark deal was nearly done. Didn't work.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Catfish Noodlin posted:

I think it's worth noting that Laremy Tunsil was PFF's 17th rated pass protecting Tackle in 2018(his career best), and their 50th rated run blocker, and he's going into his 4th season, and has played a full season once in his collegiate/NFL career.

Yeah but he smoked weed once so

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

What does BoB care about future 1st round draft picks? He's not going to be around for those drafts anyway...

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

So is Nick Caserio still going to be interested in the Texans GM job when he has no top draft picks for the next 2 years.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Diva Cupcake posted:

So is Nick Caserio still going to be interested in the Texans GM job when he has no top draft picks for the next 2 years.

Oh god, I just realized BoB is buying himself job security - can't get fired by the GM if nobody wants to take the GM job.

That Which Squeaks
Aug 28, 2006

"Good. Use your aggressive feelings, boy. Let the hate flow through you."
-Bill Belichick

SKULL.GIF posted:

It's great to watch Belichick guys get personnel power because A) Belichick doesn't share much about being GM (as evidenced by him offering to McDaniels that he'd actually be involved if he stayed) and B) Even if he did he's medium at best.

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug

Catfish Noodlin posted:

The guy we drafted in the first round this year was described at the time as "a lump of clay" to be molded into a left tackle so it's an improvement

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends
https://twitter.com/JJWatt/status/1167918388020043776

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

SKULL.GIF posted:

Does Saban count

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Must mean about Tunsil, because he was posting about Chelsea FC when the Clowney trade went down

Hamhandler
Aug 9, 2008

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1167917888390320128

And at this rate, they're only going to have to spend one of their 1st on a QB next year lol

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
how much better does this actually make houston

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

corn on the cop posted:

how much better does this actually make houston

Tunsil appears to be a middle of the road LT so: considerably

The starting LT before today was Ryan Khalil

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Miami stockpiling picks like I used to do on Madden, since the computer, at least in the PS2 days, had no idea how to trade

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
So what is the prospective GM of the Texans going to do over the next couple years?

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

So what is the prospective GM of the Texans going to do over the next couple years?

The last time the Texans traded away their first and second round picks in a draft, their new GM did a pretty decent, passable job and got fired (for racism supposedly but racism is generally A-OK in this org)

The Texans managed to become the least desirable GM job in the NFL

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

This is the move of a coach desperate to save his job.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Catfish Noodlin posted:

And at this rate, they're only going to have to spend one of their 1st on a QB next year lol

Sashi Brown just got priapism and can't figure out why

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Catfish Noodlin posted:

The question becomes, do you trust your GM?

Larch
Dec 20, 2004

BEE LOVER
Crazy day. Goddamn.

Hamhandler
Aug 9, 2008

Intruder posted:

Tunsil appears to be a middle of the road LT so: considerably

The starting LT before today was Ryan Khalil

I think it's a very reasonable and likely expectation that Laremy Tunsil is going to be a top 5 pass protector in the league, just that he probably wasn't worth all that.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

miami setting themselves up well for the post brady era

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

BoB can't give up GM duties if literally nobody is willing to take the job.

LabyaMynora posted:

Oh god, I just realized BoB is buying himself job security - can't get fired by the GM if nobody wants to take the GM job.

Awh, damnit.

Okay, uh, Dolphins at least probably getting the appropriate compensation and setting themselves up to draft an entire young core nucleus at the same time?

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
edit

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Texans are in win now mode, and that's I guess not the worst idea when you considering JJ Watt's back is loving old, and the top of the AFC isn't exactly strong.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
The Texans drafted a tackle in the 1st and 2nd this year lol

Hamhandler
Aug 9, 2008

ELO Musk posted:

The question becomes, do you trust your GM?

I don't not trust him, which is probably the best you can say for like 85% of the league at any given time.

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug

Kalli posted:

Texans are in win now mode, and that's I guess not the worst idea when you considering JJ Watt's back is loving old, and the top of the AFC isn't exactly strong.

Win now mode would have involved signing Jadaveon Clowney but we're dumb af

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Laremy Tunsil's agent outside BoB's office:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Kalli posted:

Why trade Clowney for a 3rd instead of just letting him run out his tag and collect the comp.