Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

No Eviction Cancel and no Jury Battle Back. Thank God.

Lets wrap this up!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Awkward.
https://twitter.com/BellaWang21/status/1167252149283299330

Yer Burnt
Feb 26, 2007

I'm starting to think of Jessica's strategy as 5D checkers.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Playoffs are no big deal,
don't have a crap attack.

STAC Goat posted:

Do you realize the power of Zingbot? He told a HG "you have a bad haircut" and it ate at him so much he completely changed his hair style.

I am just happy that it was one of my first posts here in this thread.

Twin Cinema posted:

Nick’s haircut is ridiculous.

It's not really a spoiler, but didn't Bella break up with Nick because she saw him snuggling with Sis?

Yer Burnt posted:

I'm starting to think of Jessica's strategy as 5D checkers.

She's doing Paul's strategy, without anything that that made his strategy work.

At this point, she seems to be a floater that doesn't know she's a floater.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Twin Cinema posted:

It's not really a spoiler, but didn't Bella break up with Nick because she saw him snuggling with Sis?
She did the "we'll talk when he gets out", but she's made it publicly known that she's not happy with his behavior and feels disrespected.

Twin Cinema posted:

She's doing Paul's strategy, without anything that that made his strategy work.

At this point, she seems to be a floater that doesn't know she's a floater.
The big thing to understand about Jess is that she's never actually believed in "the 6" or "the 8" or "the 9." Even after the 6 revealed themselves and blew up and "Gr8ful" became a house joke Jess' opinion has always been that they weren't really real. And she's not entirely wrong. Her reasoning is that the fact that there was a 6 and an 8 and a 9 and they were scheming against each other showed that they were never loyal or "real." But she takes it a step further and doesn't recognize that they WANTED to be real and just couldn't hold it together. And that desire and personal preference keeps factoring back in. People want to work with the people they like and Holly or Nick have always preferred the company of the cool kids to the nerds.

So like Nicole knows she's spent the whole season being tossed around by Gr8ful and surviving. Cliff knows he's played the whole season dancing the middle between them. Kat knew she played the whole season trying to appease them. But Jess just thinks she's formed strong individual relationships that mean more than any silly fake alliances.

nunsexmonkrock
Apr 13, 2008
Mind you I have only watched last season of BB and this season but I just finished season 1 of BB Canada - it was so much better than this season and OMFG Topaz Gary should have won if it wasn't for your mistaken vote! Seriously Jillian should know that she didn't actually win!

Edit: one = won

nunsexmonkrock fucked around with this message at 03:46 on Sep 1, 2019

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Season 2 of BB Canada is my absolute, all time favorite season of Big Brother.

nunsexmonkrock
Apr 13, 2008
I'm on the 5th episode of BBCan 2 now :)

Edit: smiley

nunsexmonkrock fucked around with this message at 03:47 on Sep 1, 2019

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

Why in God’s name would Jess be your target this week? Good lord.

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible

^burtle posted:

Why in God’s name would Jess be your target this week? Good lord.

He has to know that just on the numbers alone, their deal is dead. Does he really think Christie and Tommy would look at the house and decide to put up Cliff and Nicole, who have 1 competition win between them, over the showmance that has won just about everything for the last 3 weeks.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

The simple answer is Jackson thinks he's the smartest, most charming, cleverest, mastermind ever and that he has everyone in his palm except for Jess because she's a dirty feminist who has vowed a war against all men which is a terribly unfair double standard to the true victims, men like Jackson.

The longer answer is that the royal couple are experiencing the single most pronounced case of HOHitis in history. Not only have they won back-to-back-to-back HOHs but they spent the previous two weeks isolated in the Have Nots room after the 6's breakup and the week before Holly was HOH. So for 6 weeks they haven't even slept downstairs and their entire perspective of the house is skewed and they don't realize that the house falling at their feet has been out of necessity and can't imagine that the other two couples would ever gun for them if they had a chance after they've won some crazy number like 6 of the last 9 comps or something.

This post is biased by the fact that I couldn't even stand to watch them tonight and just deleted the episode half way through.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

You did miss a part where Jackson is telling Jess that he has to put up somebody, and he's loudly hinting towards her. He says everything but her name, and she is just staring at him blankly until he says, "you're going up". Even she has a hard time believing she's a "mental threat".

He also couldn't tell Christie that he'd vote Cliff out if it came down to the two of them, instantly telling her that he's working with Cliff and Nicole. I guess he thinks Christie and Tommy are dumb.

He also thinks that if Jess is voted out, then the two other couples would be go at war with each other, leaving Jackson & Holly in the middle.

So no, not biased.

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

Wow finally we see domestic abuser Jackson Michie domestically abusing

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

He really got the soft edit.

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe
This season has no strong strategist. I think the winner's going to be whoever's there at the end that the jury dislikes least.

It would be pretty strange if Tommy and Christie are the Final 2 and then only after voting for a winner the jury find out that those 2 knew each other.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

There’s no strong positives at all this season.

A Typical Goon
Feb 25, 2011

STAC Goat posted:

Season 2 of BB Canada is my absolute, all time favorite season of Big Brother.

It's be Bbcan5 for me, but really both Ika seasons are spectacular

Ace Jameson
Feb 10, 2006

Twin Cinema posted:

There’s no strong positives at all this season.

Nicole is the best person I’ve ever seen on this show (I think I’ve seen like 10 seasons?). She’s unbelievably patient and nice and forgiving, and just an all-around likable houseguest.

In that place you expect even the best person to have random ugly moments, being on-camera 24/7 for what, 70+ days now? She’s not good at comps (no idea how many she’s thrown, if any) but she has a tremendous social game. If she doesn’t win AFP then I don’t know who could, besides maybe Cliff.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

It'll be Nicole or Cliff.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Nicole's gonna have the push from online, i think, since most feed watchers kind of hate Cliff because they see him as pandering for AFP all season while playing a kind of contemptible rat game. So I think it will be an interesting test of how powerful "the casual" vote is.

Then again its the BB fanbase so there will be a contingent voting Jackson because he puts women in their place and a contingent voting for whoever finally takes out Christie.

I've begrudgingly come to respect Christie's game but its impossible to root for it or take any enjoyment out of it between her terrible behavior and the huge advantage she had with Tommy. But if there's any thing I can see lasting in BB history from this season its Nicole as an extreme fan favorite/underdog and Christie as a crazy but hard playing villain.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Hey, a Double Eviction has to be interesting by its nature... right?

edit: Do I watch the All Access feed that I can't turn closed captioning off of or the antenna feed that is shaky?

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

STAC Goat posted:

Hey, a Double Eviction has to be interesting by its nature... right?

edit: Do I watch the All Access feed that I can't turn closed captioning off of or the antenna feed that is shaky?

Which will be the least painful?

It will be interesting if Jackson gets eliminated tonight.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

The antenna feed stabilized.

Holly: I always knew other players in the game might try and play too. The monsters.
She's so smart.

Jess someone got the most TV time she has all season AND got embarrassingly dismissed at the same time.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Yeah, Jess just seems a little out there.

I am happy Nicole finally won a HOH, but man, it kind of sucks Holly/Jackson will possibly skate by again. Here's hoping something changes at the Veto.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Nicole won something!

I guess I can take some satisfaction out of that.

Lastdancer
Apr 21, 2008
Nicole crushed it :D

Popero
Apr 17, 2001

.406/.553/.735
Her first attempt at shooting the puck in the net was the most futile poo poo I've ever seen in my life

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

I though Christie's being nominated 5 weeks in a row would be a record, but I guess some others have had it happen. Victoria in BB16 was nominated 6 weeks in a row at the end (although the 6th was automatic).

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Like I fundamentally understand the idea of targeting Christie/Tommy and certainly would get some satisfaction in either of them getting voted out (especially Tommy as I think Christie is the most "deserving" winner at this stage)...

...but I can get no happiness out of it knowing Jackson and Holly are so happy and have a great chance of getting their HOH back. Those arrogant assholes deserve to lose, but now Nicole also deserves to lose for not taking the shot when it came, but everyone does and I just want BB21 over.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

I, too, want BB21 to end, like, 5 weeks ago.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Does anyone who watches the feeds actually enjoy this season? I haven't read the consensus of other people outside this thread.

This is loving dire.

Popero
Apr 17, 2001

.406/.553/.735
Jackson and Holly are awful but the Tommy/Christie relationship going in really rubs me the wrong way, so gently caress em.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

gently caress yessssss

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Twin Cinema posted:

Does anyone who watches the feeds actually enjoy this season? I haven't read the consensus of other people outside this thread.

This is loving dire.

Its actually shocking how nearly universally everyone in the BB Community hates this season and Gr8ful. Jokers, Reddit, Twitter, SurvivorSucks, etc. Everyone hated Gr8ful and thinks this season has been terrible from start to finish. That never happens. There's always a split of people and different blocks of fans. There's always contrarians and conflicts. But this season the only disagreements fans have had are like "lesser of two evils" debates of Jackson vs Christie.

And some people who don't like Nicole.

Popero posted:

Jackson and Holly are awful but the Tommy/Christie relationship going in really rubs me the wrong way, so gently caress em.
Its like, I hate Jackson/Holly winning and Tommy staying and I think Christie was the oner player whose win I could respect but no matter what happened tonight more assholes were gonna win than lose.

Gr8ful won/ruined BB21 pre-jury.

Popero
Apr 17, 2001

.406/.553/.735
Sam on RHAP yesterday said this season sucks, and it's his season!

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

No loving way does Christie deserve respect for her crybaby pouty manipulative bullshit “game”

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I think all the pre-jurors have just recognized what a trashfire this season is and have done everything they can to divorce themselves from it. And they all got royally screwed over and treated like poo poo so they probably don't feel like they own anyone in that house anything. I think Sam's tried to clean up for Nick a little. Otherwise... Kemi's been ripping them left and right. Bella's dumped Nick like 3 times online. loving Ovi - one of the nicest people ever cast on the show - disinvited them to his future wedding.

Paul ReiserFS posted:

No loving way does Christie deserve respect for her crybaby pouty manipulative bullshit “game”

Christie's game was entirely blown up and she managed to win back allies, pick up Jess to be fiercely loyal to her, somehow convince Jackson to work with her after he called her his "white whale", and managed to pull off a genuinely memorable and shockingly effective game move with Taco Tuesday.

She made too many mistakes and had too much of an advantage with Tommy for me to stan for her or anything. And I certainly don't like an emotionally manipulative player. But unless you chalk that stuff up to "DR riggage" she played a more proactive and effective game than pretty much anyone else in the cast.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 03:17 on Sep 6, 2019

mancalamania
Oct 23, 2008
I think this season is pretty bad but I don't think it's the worst ever or anything (although it might have been if it weren't for Day 44). I'm at least sticking it though to the end which is more than I can say for BB16 or BBCAN7.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

At least I could appreciate Derrick's game in BB16. BB21's "mastermind" is a racist, misogynistic, abusive piece of poo poo idiot who has walked rear end backwards into everything all season.

gently caress, I respect Andy more.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mancalamania
Oct 23, 2008
I like Derrick more than Jackson, but I like Cliff and Nicole way more than I liked anyone on BB16 after Donny and Nicole left.

If nothing else, this season has a roughly 40% chance of a Cliff or Nicole win which would be a pretty cathartic ending and might even bump the season to like mid-tier.