Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Arsonide posted:

The more I play Gauss, the more I realize he's really not that fast. He feels fast because they gently caress with your FOV while you're zipping around, but nine times out of ten my non-speedster teammates that are just traveling using the typical bullet jumping pattern I've always used are actually not very far behind me.

Frequently they even outpace me because Gauss will zip off of the map or into some geometry.

yeah

I was kinda grinning when Shy called him "a fast Rhino", when I see some insane movement from Rhinos in our clan

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010

Zereth posted:

Are you talking about overcharging them, or outright scamming?

The first, a little on accident too.

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug
If they accept the price clearly it was worth it to them. IMO. No obligation to tell them .market has it 10 plat cheaper.

EDIT : Outright scamming is bad (IMO again). But other than lying about how good a riven is (like if it hits 100% status on a shotgun? Or something?) or saying something is a set but misses a piece, feels hard to think how you would.

Tylana fucked around with this message at 17:19 on Aug 31, 2019

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

Over priced riven is fine, charging for Ignis Wraith bp isn't

Dr Snofeld
Apr 30, 2009
What do you need to have gear/mod wise for it to be worth attempting Eidolons? I got the Hydrolist thing in my catchup again. I only have a Mote amp but I do have Volt Prime.

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Fuck the cowboys. Unf. Fuck em hard.
Run pub Teralysts until you can get any amp that isn't the Mote

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Dr Snofeld posted:

What do you need to have gear/mod wise for it to be worth attempting Eidolons? I got the Hydrolist thing in my catchup again. I only have a Mote amp but I do have Volt Prime.

To do just the Teralyst take whatever you have and join a pub session, most pubs in those groups can solo the Terry and it'll get you enough Quill rep by itself to upgrade from the Mote Amp which is the most important thing. The main elements are a survivable frame (meta frames are nice but not required for a single triple), well modded sniper rifle (Rubico Prime and Lanka are the common choices) and an amp.

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

Technically that is probably enough already really. You won't be doing much of any damage to the shields, if you've got a strong sniper you can mod for radiation those tend to work best against the eidolon weakspots after the shields are down.

Volt's entire job is to lay down shields to boost damage, follow the thing around basically laying them at the eidolon's feet looking up or on whatever vantage point people are shooting from. Then stacking a bunch of shields for Chroma to one shot the thing at the end of the fight. Even pubbing a teralyst you'll probably run in to two chromas, volts, harrows, or trinitys. You should almost certainly be able to pub a terralyst because even pubs can run those down pretty quickly. This will get you a new amp fairly quickly, which is good because the mote is very weak.

E: form up with a goon group and Volt shields are all you need to contribute to taking down a hydrolyst.

FunkyFjord fucked around with this message at 20:16 on Aug 31, 2019

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

if you can get a goon carry then you dont need any gear honestly. just bring your tankiest frame and try not to die all the time. if im carrying noobs i tend to play volt just so im sure shields are going to be where they need to be at the right time.

Umbreon
May 21, 2011
I dunno guys, Gauss looks pretty fast to me:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Warframe/comments/cx950z/volt_gauss_and_there_is_something/

Logic Probed
Feb 26, 2011

Having a normal one since 2016

So, a quick gripe.

Comparing ways to earn Fortuna and Cetus rep outside of bounties, I notice that the latter is strongly lacking compared to the former in some ways. The most prime example is gemstones. Whereas the big, rare gems give 1k rep for Fortuna, it's only a measly 400 rep per gem. And similarly, other gems just don't give much. I would have expected, by now, that Cetus would be upgraded to reflect Fortuna in rep gains (increased gem rep turn-in, tokens at the least) but alas. Though because I don't fish that often aside from grinding for parts for modular items, I don't know if it's a similar situation.

Point is, I wish DE would go back and put Cetus rep more in line with Fortuna, so that at least it's not as much a struggle.

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great
Cetus fish give 1k per large, and that includes murkrays are easy to bait and catch and spawn day and night. Boosters apply. Without boosters mergoo speedhunting might beat it at rep per minute, but that needs a bit of practice.

The difference is mostly that exploiter drops 20+ of gems that can be turned in, while cetus thumpers mostly drop materials that can't be donated for standing. Before exploiter mining fortuna gems for standing was actually way slower and chance dependent than cetus fishing.

RoadCrewWorker fucked around with this message at 21:57 on Aug 31, 2019

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Yeah, outside Exploiter vs Thumper, the difference is moslty "do you want to turn in fish (cetus) or gems (fortuna)"

They've even both got animal conservation now

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

The biggest gulf is the hunting - Fortuna Hunting is something like 24k for under 10 minutes, I can't even imagine any way to do that in Cetus.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Tulip posted:

The biggest gulf is the hunting - Fortuna Hunting is something like 24k for under 10 minutes, I can't even imagine any way to do that in Cetus.
... Is there some trick to following the tracks I don't know about?

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great

Tulip posted:

If you got pheros stocked you can get around 27k in 15-20 minutes in PoE with a good mergoo route, but yeah, it's not gonna beat 8k kubros in 60-120 seconds. Of course rng can still spawn you the medium tier animal which halves the rep.

Zereth posted:

There's a finite set of fixed track routes, with some starting points only having 1-2. Also you can spot the final lure point with a scanner without having to follow the tracks, if you're close enough.

RoadCrewWorker fucked around with this message at 22:38 on Aug 31, 2019

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

you also cant catch kubrodons yourself until rank 4 or whatever it is

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

it kind of makes a lot of sense, too, that the people in cetus would value fish a lot more than fortuna and vice-versa for the gems

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

Zereth posted:

Go slow, they're super light purple

It was my 200th day, got Primed Fury. :toot:

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Anora posted:

Go slow, they're super light purple
... I was responding to somebody talking about doing a LOT of stuff in a short time, "go slow" is the opposite of what I'm asking about

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

The Akarius' reload mechanic is dumb as gently caress

Reload speed depends on how fast you're moving.

If you're downed, you will never reload. :v:

Synthbuttrange fucked around with this message at 02:16 on Sep 1, 2019

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

RoadCrewWorker posted:

Cetus fish give 1k per large, and that includes murkrays are easy to bait and catch and spawn day and night. Boosters apply.

Glappids are even better, 1.2k for a small, 1.5 medium, 2k large.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

yes but the important part is murkrays are available all the time. Glappids are not.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

glappid bait loving sucks and i always felt lucky to get more than like 5 per bait

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

I'm beginning to understand why selling rare fish was such a profitable venture, despite how incredibly easy it is.

Too bad standing's the only thing they're good for any more.

I Am Just a Box
Jul 20, 2011
I belong here. I contain only inanimate objects. Nothing is amiss.

Zereth posted:

Stover points spawn in caves near the Fortuna entrance pretty regularly, and the calling points are nearly always just straight into the nearest cave a short distance.

Speaking of conservation, the hell am I supposed to be doing to hunt bolarolas? Horrasques and sawgaws are the other two that I have trouble with, but I at least understand roughly what I'm supposed to be doing there. But heck if I can distinguish which part of the bolarola is the soft underbelly to shoot at, especially at distances where it hasn't noticed me yet. I guess I could just bring Ivara and go invisible, but that's :effort: for a fraction of a plushie and a thousand Fortuna Fun Bux.

I Am Just a Box fucked around with this message at 03:06 on Sep 1, 2019

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

I'm beginning to understand why selling rare fish was such a profitable venture, despite how incredibly easy it is.

Too bad standing's the only thing they're good for any more.
wasn't it a multi-stage process to make the bait when you crafted bait

you needed to catch fish to make bait for a lower-tier rare fish and then use parts from that to make bait for I think another intermediary fish and THEN you could make glappid bait

which is mandatory for them to spawn at all

I Am Just a Box posted:

Stover points spawn in caves near the Fortuna entrance pretty regularly, and the calling points are nearly always just straight into the nearest cave a short distance.

Speaking of conservation, the hell am I supposed to be doing to hunt bolarolas? Horrasques and sawgaws are the other two that I have trouble with, but I at least understand roughly what I'm supposed to be doing there. But heck if I can distinguish which part of the bolarola is the soft underbelly to shoot at, especially at distances where it hasn't noticed me yet. I guess I could just bring Ivara and go invisible, but that's :effort: for a fraction of a plushie and a thousand Fortuna Fun Bux.
I bring Ivara and shoot it with a sleep arrow and don't care about weak points and poo poo.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

Zereth posted:

... I was responding to somebody talking about doing a LOT of stuff in a short time, "go slow" is the opposite of what I'm asking about

I mean, "go slow" just means take your time, once you get the hang of spotting them, you can basically sprint along the path.

I Am Just a Box posted:

Speaking of conservation, the hell am I supposed to be doing to hunt bolarolas?

https://twitter.com/GundamJoe/status/1167991296167833601

If you don't have Ivara or Equinox basically sit way out of the way, preferably below it, and shoot it between it's legs. If it balls up, hit it twice with the dart gun, it should open up to look around, get in front of it and shoot it in the belly.

Eventually you too will have a slow loading orbiter:

https://twitter.com/GundamJoe/status/1167995166545731586

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Synthbuttrange posted:

The Akarius' reload mechanic is dumb as gently caress

Reload speed depends on how fast you're moving.

If you're downed, you will never reload. :v:

This is the dumbest way they could’ve coded it, so it should obviously stay that way.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Anora posted:

I mean, "go slow" just means take your time, once you get the hang of spotting them, you can basically sprint along the path.
they only glow purple like ten feet ahead of you though

and even that's hard to spot against some types of terrain

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

Zereth posted:

they only glow purple like ten feet ahead of you though

and even that's hard to spot against some types of terrain

Yeah, go slow enough that you can keep track of it.

I Am Just a Box
Jul 20, 2011
I belong here. I contain only inanimate objects. Nothing is amiss.

Anora posted:

The glow is really hard to see against a lot of terrain in the Vallis, even when you're right on top of it, and a lot of the tracks zig-zag at greater-than-acute angles or skirt the water so close they're pretty much submerged. There are times when I can sprint along the path, and times when I get lost, especially when some jerk Corpus airdrop in while I'm hunting and I have to divert to kill them so they don't scare the quarry.

I can deal with the zig-zags and the odd placement, but the trail really needs to stand out more. I shouldn't be squinting and trying to see where the tracks are when I'm standing right on top of them.

HAMAS HATE BOAT
Jun 5, 2010
You can level Cetus without even leaving the area in front of the gate. Walk out, tranq the rats which are 90% of the time on the far side of the little pond right in front of you. Collect them, then look around. Something new will have immediately spawned, frequently almost right on top of you. Aim the tranq rifle, if its silent there's nothing nearby. If it chirps keep looking around for the highlighted rats or condrocs. It sees through terrain and highlights critters in yellow if they're in visible range. Between the bounty camp to the right and the lake where the grineer are to the left (never actually necessary to go quite that far either way), there's almost always an endless stream of critters within about 200m of the gate that will pop instantly after you capture the last ones.

I don't think Fortuna has the static random critter spawns and I've never figured out how to do it the "right"way but Cetus was stupid easy to max out.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

HAMAS HATE BOAT posted:

You can level Cetus without even leaving the area in front of the gate. Walk out, tranq the rats which are 90% of the time on the far side of the little pond right in front of you. Collect them, then look around. Something new will have immediately spawned, frequently almost right on top of you. Aim the tranq rifle, if its silent there's nothing nearby. If it chirps keep looking around for the highlighted rats or condrocs. It sees through terrain and highlights critters in yellow if they're in visible range. Between the bounty camp to the right and the lake where the grineer are to the left (never actually necessary to go quite that far either way), there's almost always an endless stream of critters within about 200m of the gate that will pop instantly after you capture the last ones.

I don't think Fortuna has the static random critter spawns and I've never figured out how to do it the "right"way but Cetus was stupid easy to max out.

Can confirm. If you go out the gates to the tall sentient-ish stones off to your right there's a good chance of a trio of Emperor Condrocs, I've found.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

I feel bad doing cetus missions becaues ill always murder some animals by accident

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING
Same. Am I loving something up or is there no way as simple as cutting the reinforcement beacons is on Orb Vallis to get enemies to knock it the gently caress off on Cetus? I will be interrupted and hosed with ten times more there.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

murder the flying accordions

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer
Gauss looks so loving good, I’m so mad I don’t get him until probably mid September. > : (

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

he looks good but im not sure how to play him well

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

END ME SCOOB posted:

Same. Am I loving something up or is there no way as simple as cutting the reinforcement beacons is on Orb Vallis to get enemies to knock it the gently caress off on Cetus? I will be interrupted and hosed with ten times more there.

You can shoot the little chirping drones that Grineer toss into the air sometimes, which will prevent them from summoning reinforcements.

It won't completely solve the problem, though. My best guess is that Orb Vallis alerts are strictly tied to the location where the beacon goes down (or at least have a much shorter leash before the alert level breaks if you wander away) while the PoE alerts are either longer-leashed or are simply plains-wide.