Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which House?
Black Eagles
Blue Lions
Golden Deer
View Results

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

No matter how much paperwork I process, it never goes away. It only increases.
looks like i'll have to do two maps back to back if i want to s rank both ashe and dimitri

and i already had some ridiculously close calls in chapter 21, yikes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Jerry Manderbilt posted:

looks like i'll have to do two maps back to back if i want to s rank both ashe and dimitri

and i already had some ridiculously close calls in chapter 21, yikes

locking in your s rank 2 chapters before the end of the game and then not letting you see it until beating the game is mean and i dont like it!!

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

rannum posted:

locking in your s rank 2 chapters before the end of the game and then not letting you see it until beating the game is mean and i dont like it!!

at least with golden deer it was just THE ONE final map between deciding to give lysithea the ring and letting me see the convo

of course if i'm a dumbass and accidentally save over my "S rank with dimitri" save then all bets are off

e: holy gently caress this final boss looks real fun :shepicide:

Jerry Manderbilt fucked around with this message at 03:16 on Sep 1, 2019

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

rannum posted:

If you aren't willing to devote a full playthrough to an S rank then you don't deserve to see it imo. :colbert:

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

i can always turn down the difficulty for the second time i do these two final maps i guess, if it really is this much of a pain in the rear end

also really loving rude of the game to erase all my kitchen buffs for the final map

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd
wait, does Bernadetta only leave her room on the Edelgard route? I figured she stayed in there if you recruited her, but she's doing the same thing on Church part 2. Why does she only get character growth in 1/4 of the routes? :psyduck:

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Blaziken386 posted:

wait, does Bernadetta only leave her room on the Edelgard route? I figured she stayed in there if you recruited her, but she's doing the same thing on Church part 2. Why does she only get character growth in 1/4 of the routes? :psyduck:

It's a reminder that you picked the wrong route 3/4 of the time.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

Bernie leaves her room in Blue Lions too

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

blizzardvizard posted:

Bernie leaves her room in Blue Lions too

But... she doesn't. At least not to the extent she does in Edelgard's route. In both BL and GD she exclaims how happy she is to return to being a recluse in the monastery while in Edelgard's route she moves around the map and has multiple dialogues about how she has been getting better about it.

lunar detritus fucked around with this message at 03:49 on Sep 1, 2019

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

Ah okay nevermind, it's about her in part 2

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Basically, Edelgard's actions benefit Bernie in a way that helps her when she's on the same side.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Not sure why I'm seeing people die in the first practice match starting off the game, unless they're on hard mode I guess.

I am so far liking playing Hogwarts Professor Simulator

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

your units need time to get going earlygame, and it's definitely dicier in those first few maps

anyway jesus i can't believe i'm almost done with this final map, gonna tune it down to normal on my dimitri S rank save, and then be done with it before moving on to black eagles

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Annette/Gilbert paralogue is a hell of a gimmick if you do it asap.

RoyalScion
May 16, 2009
I had Linhardt eat poo poo on my BE hard run on the first mock battle because Edelgard missed two 75% smashes on a row :xcom: (Ignore the bad idea to actually bring him to that fight)

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Tae posted:

Basically, Edelgard's actions benefit Bernie in a way that helps her when she's on the same side.

Yet more proof that Edelgard's route is the best one.

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

this game's difficulty curve really pisses me off sometimes, ya know?

there's no nice middle ground where poo poo feels challenging, it's either "you steamroll everything in your path" or "ha ha get hosed, everything on this map is going to double you and crit you despite the shown odds. Also, there's a BILLION of the fuckers, good luck"

the story maps seem kind of balanced, even if sometimes they throw bullshit at you, but the auxiliaries seem blatantly unfair on hard mode, what with the "recommended level" usually being way higher than anything else. (especially where "rare monster" maps are concerned, they're a good 5 levels over whatever the story is that month)

also you can only turn difficulty down, not up, because gently caress you I guess? I don't care if that's tradition or whatever, it's bullshit.

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

My face when others are unable to appreciate the :kazooieass:

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor
There is nothing like parking a character like Ingrid in the middle of the enemy army and laughing at them all attacking her with a 0% chance to hit. It doesn’t matter that she doesn’t have the best strength when she can just dance circles around the enemy and never get hurt.

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

the difficulty in the last two maps of blue lions on hard really punched me in the teeth

i always felt like i was struggling to stay afloat and keep everyone alive and danced with significant CoD too many times for my liking, and i never really felt challenged but overall in control like i did for golden deer endgame

e: despite him dropping off badly after the timeskip ashe somehow ended up with a higher killcount than byleth on their ending titlecard :eyepop:

Jerry Manderbilt fucked around with this message at 04:49 on Sep 1, 2019

Perfect Potato
Mar 4, 2009
BL 18 has to be one of the dumbest maps in the series. Copy paste a dozen brick shithouses that can mulch half your army and have a 10% crit chance to mulch the other half with siege weapons to back them up, but they're easily defeated by stairs and you can turn off the siege mechanism by hitting a switch on the other side of the map. The boss's position is pretty much a tacit admission that they knew they hosed up

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Ashe/Dedue A Rank is really sweet. Strong dad energy.
Same with Flayn/Dedue

chef deddles

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

rannum posted:

Ashe/Dedue A Rank is really sweet. Strong dad energy.
Same with Flayn/Dedue

chef deddles

The way it’s looking on my Blue Lions second save Byleth and Dedue are gonna swap their respective partners when Dimitri gets the ring

Also Dedue and Ashe really are the best master chef bros from their A rank :unsmith:

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Jerry Manderbilt posted:

The way it’s looking on my Blue Lions second save Byleth and Dedue are gonna swap their respective partners when Dimitri gets the ring

Dedue doesn't seem like he'd be into swinging

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."

Andrast posted:

Dedue doesn't seem like he'd be into swinging

Let's be serious, Dedue is into whatever Dimitri wants him to be into. He's already said he's down for massacres if that's what His Highness likes; he will absolutely do a wife swap for a week if he thinks it would please the boss.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Rand Brittain posted:

Let's be serious, Dedue is into whatever Dimitri wants him to be into. He's already said he's down for massacres if that's what His Highness likes; he will absolutely do a wife swap for a week if he thinks it would please the boss.

True

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Felix/Dedue C:

Felix: Will you kill babies for that boar

Dedue: Absolutely

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

I will protect Annette as if she were my own child, even though I killed her my first time through

not a bot
Jan 9, 2019

Eimi posted:

Yet more proof that Edelgard's route is the best one.

The mutant Hitler route is pretty bad as it is and I hope they will add a chapter or two and dialogue explaining things and even a cutscene or two to get it on par with the other routes. I imagine they won't, but still hoping.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Tae posted:

Felix/Dedue C:

Felix: Will you kill babies for that boar

Dedue: Absolutely

Hell, same.

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

wellp, the part 2 difficulty spike has officially broken me. I cannot play this game on hard mode, and everyone here who's been vying for lunatic mode is clearly some kind of wizard and/or masochist

it really doesn't help that the first actual mission in part 2 involves infinite falcon knights. you can only rewind time so many times before you just get tired.

Kiranamos
Sep 27, 2007

Ferdinand has failed this 49% master class for the entire month. I need to post this so the universe can make it happen.

Jade Mage
Jan 4, 2013

This is Canada. It snows nine months of the year, and hails the other three.

New Game+ lets you do wonderful things. Behold Dark Lord Bernadetta!

She also had Renewal if I wanted her to go solo for a mission without needing to worry about elixir.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Jade Mage posted:

New Game+ lets you do wonderful things. Behold Dark Lord Bernadetta!

She also had Renewal if I wanted her to go solo for a mission without needing to worry about elixir.

how many magic boosters did that take

McTimmy
Feb 29, 2008

Andrast posted:

True love is enough Spirit Dust to make a statue.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
I actually really like the crux of Felix and Dedue's supports namely, that Felix's point is "Dimitri saved your goddamn life so loving value it. Mindlessly throwing your life away for Dimitri isn't what will serve him best."

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

Andrast posted:

seconding this
are stat boosters dropped from the Sothis room or something? because even if I plant flowers, I rarely get any.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Blaziken386 posted:

seconding this
are stat boosters dropped from the Sothis room or something? because even if I plant flowers, I rarely get any.

I get a stat booster most of the time. Are you planting the maximum amount of seeds and using the best cultivation method?

not a bot
Jan 9, 2019

Blaziken386 posted:

seconding this

Only certain seeds give you stat boosters and the better the yield the strong the possibility of getting them is. Cultivate every time.

RoyalScion
May 16, 2009
The greenhouse section of the serenesforest website details what seeds can give what boosters, you want to stack as many seeds that give that booster, also he highest cultivation you can. Also paralogues tend to give boosters, which is some incentive to recruit people even if you won’t use them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

Kiranamos posted:

Ferdinand has failed this 49% master class for the entire month. I need to post this so the universe can make it happen.

I was told that if you do not change the percentage, it will automatically fail successive attempts; this seemed to hold true in my playthrough.