Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Synthbuttrange posted:

he looks good but im not sure how to play him well

just don't take him into tilesets with many sharp turns

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

You've got to know the rules before you can break 'em. Otherwise, it's no fun.

I checked the OP but saw no PS4 clan. There has to be one, I was in it a good long time ago. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

I Am Just a Box
Jul 20, 2011
I belong here. I contain only inanimate objects. Nothing is amiss.

END ME SCOOB posted:

Same. Am I loving something up or is there no way as simple as cutting the reinforcement beacons is on Orb Vallis to get enemies to knock it the gently caress off on Cetus? I will be interrupted and hosed with ten times more there.

The Plains of Eidolon absolutely need to be updated to get the enemy heat star system like the Vallis has, but in the interim, go out at night and the Grineer will stop regularly throwing dropships and dargyns directly at your position when you're not around one of their bases. (If you haven't cleared War Within, then look out for roving vomvalysts, because you can't finish them off. Avoiding their notice is way easier than avoiding dargyns, though, and if you have cleared War Within, getting rid of them is fast and easy.)

Goa Tse-tung posted:

just don't take him into tilesets with many sharp turns

So just open world and defense/interception nodes, then.

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

It won't completely solve the problem, though. My best guess is that Orb Vallis alerts are strictly tied to the location where the beacon goes down (or at least have a much shorter leash before the alert level breaks if you wander away) while the PoE alerts are either longer-leashed or are simply plains-wide.

Do the PoE even have a heat level system? I think the reinforcement flares are just deterministic: if you let a flare live long enough (you have to kill them really fast before they first pop), it'll call in a dargyn or dropship crew on you, and then on top of that, I think the daytime Plains just intermittently spawn an unalerted dropship or dargyn crew somewhere near your location no matter what. (And the dargyns then alert right away because their sight range is so long.) The only situation that seems to stop this reliably is being underground in a cave, or maybe fishing?

I Am Just a Box fucked around with this message at 07:30 on Sep 1, 2019

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

BitBasher posted:

I checked the OP but saw no PS4 clan. There has to be one, I was in it a good long time ago. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Seeketh ye the console thread.

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

You've got to know the rules before you can break 'em. Otherwise, it's no fun.

Thanks! The thread title didn't specify PC in it so I wasn't looking for a separate thread.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

Which YouTube person makes warframe guides that will talk to me in the simplest terms like I'm a big dumb baby?

Vahtooch
Sep 18, 2009

What is this [S T A N D] going to do? Once its crossed through the barrier, what's it going to do? When it comes in here, and reads my [P O S T S], what's it going to do to me?

Grem posted:

Which YouTube person makes warframe guides that will talk to me in the simplest terms like I'm a big dumb baby?

Here we are, she's great at concisely explaining stuff.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLPBnMwDwtOOEegviAyKcEg

Terry van Feleday
Jun 6, 2010

Free Your Mind

Grem posted:

I'd link you the one I followed when I started, but with that having been a year ago it is already out of date. With such a fast turnaround to obsolescence you're better off asking people about anything and everything; Join the discord and we'll gladly help you out.

If you've just started, your main priority is to follow the star chart and unlock every junction one by one. You can see what you need to do by mousing over the junction on the map. Just do missions, level your gear and don't worry too much about understanding all the insane poo poo the game throws at you immediately.

Sample_text
Apr 28, 2018

by VideoGames
So I don't have Gauss yet, but his guns are ridiculously good and feel awesome to use.
2 years ago, when I was bitching about lame hitscan bullet hoses and how we needed more high tech guns with cool VFX this was what I was talking about.
We made it fam!

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug

Grem posted:

More seriously I've found https://www.youtube.com/user/LeyzarGamingViews To seem cool. But hard to judge as a vet

Rorac
Aug 19, 2011

Grem posted:

I'm personally really fond of MCGAMERCZ. He has one of the best content/bullshit ratios out there. He goes out of his way to explain mechanics on weapons insofar as he understands them, as well as explains what mods he recommends for builds and why he puts them in. Like, here's an example for a weapon that is kind of a general oddball among weapons, and his other 'a quick look at...' videos follow the same format, so you can decide for yourself if he's worth following.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HLh-JH_gKXA

He also sometimes does videos with little talking but exist just for the sheer, balls-out hilarity that ensues when he pushes something to the absolute limits. Such as what happens when you push twin vipers well over 100 fire rate.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UKpEkp7xZlQ

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

if you're playing your space guitar when the lander arrives, you will be playing it the entire time you're being picked up and flown away

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great

Synthbuttrange posted:

if you're playing your space guitar when the lander arrives, you will be playing it the entire time you're being picked up and flown away
It's fantastically consistent too, way more than stuff like titania razorwing extraction glitches.

So long space cowboy....

e: The shawzin emote has hilarious priority in general, where you can get lasso'd by those annoying enemies while playing and will get pulled around without breaking your jam. I hope they never fix this feature

DelphiAegis
Jun 21, 2010

Rorac posted:

He also sometimes does videos with little talking but exist just for the sheer, balls-out hilarity that ensues when he pushes something to the absolute limits. Such as what happens when you push twin vipers well over 100 fire rate.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UKpEkp7xZlQ

This is exactly why I bring my 5-forma twin grakatas with a firerate riven on any relic cracking. There's nothing like the BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZT of infinite grakata.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
I bought the Druk music pack. I am now ready to blast E1M1 in every game I am in from this point forward.

Octavia is really awesome, I am not sure why more people don't play her.

Pipski
Apr 18, 2004

In general, what stat(s) can reasonably be dumped for Ash without knackering his abilities? Range and Duration?

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

Pretty much yeah. Ash's bread and butter is getting the most out of his 3 & 4 abilities so ideally you want power, efficiency, fatal teleport, rising storm, covert lethality, as much +combo duration as you can fit into your dagger, and R3 Arcane trickery (it's cheap and both your 3 & 4 skills can trigger it).

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
https://twitter.com/GundamJoe/status/1168242006193082368

Give me Despair already, game.

Pipski
Apr 18, 2004

And Tyler Too! posted:

Pretty much yeah. Ash's bread and butter is getting the most out of his 3 & 4 abilities so ideally you want power, efficiency, fatal teleport, rising storm, covert lethality, as much +combo duration as you can fit into your dagger, and R3 Arcane trickery (it's cheap and both your 3 & 4 skills can trigger it).

cool, thanks.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Tylana posted:

More seriously I've found https://www.youtube.com/user/LeyzarGamingViews To seem cool. But hard to judge as a vet

Leyzar is very good and taught me a bunch about modding weapons. I recommend looking for his video on any weapon you think about getting.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

Grem posted:

For weapons, LeyzarGamingViews.

Also this guy basically obsoletes Leyzar's entire channel in one video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f3iln0ZSZyI (I'm kidding, but only kind of.)

For warframes, well... the ones with good builds assume you're a huge jaded nerd, because you have to actively work at finding situations in Warframe where you really need a good frame build. The ones who make it simple are usually idiots posting things that are wildly expensive / hard to build but simultaneously under-optimized.

Like, yeah, Brozime will talk to you like you're a big dumb baby but he'll also tell you to put Steel Charge on things.

LifeOfRio is one of the vanishingly few YouTube people whose voice isn't like sandpaper for your ears, and he's extremely knowledgeable about Warframe, but he also likes to do this thing where he hides the actual build at a random point (or points) in a 10-15 minute video, and he doesn't really update things for new mods / etc. very often.

Tuxedo Catfish fucked around with this message at 21:04 on Sep 1, 2019

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

Also this guy basically obsoletes Leyzar's entire channel in one video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f3iln0ZSZyI (I'm kidding, but only kind of.)

This video is extremely good. He seems to be planning around a corproless scenario (BRING CORPRO), but he lays out a non-quantitative version of the general philosophy of good weapon builds, and I think it's very good for players to understand the general strategy rather than just see it in specific cases.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Tulip posted:

This video is extremely good. He seems to be planning around a corproless scenario (BRING CORPRO), but he lays out a non-quantitative version of the general philosophy of good weapon builds, and I think it's very good for players to understand the general strategy rather than just see it in specific cases.

I said it the last time this video was posted, and I'll say it again: it is excellent. He's patient and explains things thoroughly, and I actually have a little bit of an understanding of weapon builds now. Highly recommended.

I need to find a good Infested Salvage video tutorial. It is strange and confusing. :saddowns:

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

I put both my umbral forma on saryn prime and feel like i made the right choice because with all the umbra mods at rank 8 she gets 1200 health and almost 800 armor.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

Tulip posted:

My Ash build still uses Steel Charge, because melee finisher 4. Should I truly use corpro anyway?

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

Kesper North posted:

My Ash build still uses Steel Charge, because melee finisher 4. Should I truly use corpro anyway?

Yes, absolutely. Armor scaling in this game is so wildly out of control that Corpro does more for your total damage than Steel Charge.

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013
Though to be fair, this is mostly if you're playing in teams. At the point where armor actually matters, there is 0 difference between 1 CorPro and 0. This is because armor scaling is so bullshitly absurd that removing just that little is still going to leave them with the same amount of effective HP. You REALLY want all 4 if you're going to the super duper high level stuff.

Though, CorPro + Ash's armor stripping mod will ALWAYS work no matter how high it gets because they both work on percentages.

Flytrap fucked around with this message at 23:50 on Sep 1, 2019

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

prefect posted:

I need to find a good Infested Salvage video tutorial. It is strange and confusing. :saddowns:
its easy. kill the enemies and they will drop little batteries. put the batteries in the 3 air compressor looking things so they generate the force field. run around in a circle killing things and putting batteries in. you dont need to actually defend the little terminals they just need to be in the bubbles. at some point lotus might yell at you about your armor degrading. put a battery into the little terminal thing in the middle of the area and you will be back at 100%

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

Flytrap posted:

Though to be fair, this is mostly if you're playing in teams. At the point where armor actually matters, there is 0 difference between 1 CorPro and 0. This is because armor scaling is so bullshitly absurd that removing just that little is still going to leave them with the same amount of effective HP. You REALLY want all 4 if you're going to the super duper high level stuff.

Well, yes and no.

1 Corpro is nothing compared to 2 Corpro, which is nothing compared to 3, etc. They scale up exponentially with each one added.

However -- even a single Corpro is still a better damage boost than any of the damage auras, unless you're talking, like, sub-level 30 enemies.

Avulsion
Feb 12, 2006
I never knew what hit me

Tulip posted:

Yes, absolutely. Armor scaling in this game is so wildly out of control that Corpro does more for your total damage than Steel Charge.

I have a Bladestorm spamming Ash that uses Steel Charge because Bladestorm is buffed by Steel Charge and causes shitloads of bleed procs that ignore armor.

It's probably the only case where Steel Charge outperforms Corpro, but it fucks over any team mates that aren't spamming Bladestorm.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

For weapons, LeyzarGamingViews.

For warframes, well... the ones with good builds assume you're a huge jaded nerd, because you have to actively work at finding situations in Warframe where you really need a good frame build. The ones who make it simple are usually idiots posting things that are wildly expensive / hard to build but simultaneously under-optimized.

Like, yeah, Brozime will talk to you like you're a big dumb baby but he'll also tell you to put Steel Charge on things.

LifeOfRio is one of the vanishingly few YouTube people whose voice isn't like sandpaper for your ears, and he's extremely knowledgeable about Warframe, but he also likes to do this thing where he hides the actual build at a random point (or points) in a 10-15 minute video, and he doesn't really update things for new mods / etc. very often.

As someone who had played a ton of PoE this video speaks to me.

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

Flytrap posted:

Other way - the higher the level, the more effective Corpro. 1 Corpro against level 30 Napalms reduces from 2.7e4 EHP to 2.1e4 EHP, a 24% reduction. For a level 150 Napalm, you're going from 9.84e6 to 6.94e6 EHP, just shy of 30% total reduction in EHP. For a level 9999 Napalm, it's 7.48e13 to 5.24e13 EHP reduction, which is even more vanishingly close to 30% reduction in EHP.

Another way to put this is solo Corpro deals almost 3 million damage to every Napalm when they spawn in. This is still, as Tuxedo said, not nearly as good as going up to 2 Corpro, but there is no way on god's green earth that Steel Charge is going to contribute that much (Steel Charge isn't even particularly good - it's the same multiplier as Pressure Point so it's just pushing a Pressure Point from 90% to 150%).

That said, if you're fighting 9999 enemies just, please, use Covert Lethality.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?
If your entire gimmick is that your damage all comes from sources that explicitly ignore armor and you're solo then that'd be a case. That's an extreme edge case, though.

Travic
May 27, 2007

Getting nowhere fast
My main problem with most of the Youtuber Warframe build videos I've seen is they base their builds around some riven they have.

I don't have that riven.

Though maybe I'm just watching the wrong ones.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

Travic posted:

My main problem with most of the Youtuber Warframe build videos I've seen is they base their builds around some riven they have.

I don't have that riven.

Though maybe I'm just watching the wrong ones.

The ones I mentioned don't do that.

If they do, I'll let you in on a secret: for primaries, 99% of the time you can swap the riven out for either Vigilante Armaments or Primed Shred and everything will work out fine.

For secondaries it's probably a third elemental mod.

For melee weapons you have to look at what the riven's stats are, but this isn't as bad / confusing as it sounds. Optimized melee builds are extremely tight, there are basically eight mandatory mods no matter what you're building, and a riven has to have a stat that allows it to take the place of one of those. Figure out what stat that is, and you're good to go.

Finally, here's another extremely good source of weapon builds: https://www.cephalonwannab.com/

It comes with a small proviso: these builds are quantifiably tested to be the fastest at clearing a room full of level 100 enemies as quickly as possible for that weapon, with level 155 enemies used as a tie-breaker when the results would otherwise be too close to call. As such, if like most Warframe players you're usually playing lower-level content, AoE is slightly undervalued and Hunter Munitions / slash-viral builds are slightly overvalued.

McKilligan
May 13, 2007

Acey Deezy

Pipski posted:

In general, what stat(s) can reasonably be dumped for Ash without knackering his abilities? Range and Duration?

Depeeeeends....

Range affects how far your 3 can reach - It's pretty generous, though, so you don't need much. It's nice to teleport across entire maps to shank a dude, though.

Ash's 4 is fun, but it's just....so slooooow. First you gotta 2, then you gotta tag as many dudes as possible, and you'd better hope that Saryn on your team doesn't wipe the whole map while you're targeting dudes, THEN you've got to activate it and you only get 2 clones who have to work their way down the list, one enemy at a time, and, again, you'd better hope that there isn't another killframe in the same zipcode otherwise you've just wasted your time. They really, really need to rework it - it should just automatically summon a clone to attack any enemy within 5m of you, so all that you have to do is dash through a crowd of enemies to get the same effect, instead of 2, 4, wiggle mouse spastically, 4, wait.

Fatal Teleport is useful, but Ash's 2 is his greatest strength - Invisibility is straight-up godmode in Warframe, there's like 2 things in the game that pose even the smallest kind of threat to you when you're invisible. Plus, it isn't a channeled ability, so he can still regenerate energy while invisible, which puts him ahead of Ivara, and when you DO need to kill things he can put out more single-target damage than Loki.

My ash build is built entirely around buffing his sprint speed, and duration. I mostly him for Spy and Rescue missions, so I use his 2 more than anything else. I buff duration as much as I can, with a little efficiency sprinkled in. 3 is great when you really need one specific dude to take a dirt nap, and 99% of time time you'll put him down even without a covert lethality dagger. On the off chance that they DO survive, just do it again.

McKilligan fucked around with this message at 00:56 on Sep 2, 2019

Travic
May 27, 2007

Getting nowhere fast

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

The ones I mentioned don't do that.

If they do, I'll let you in on a secret: for primaries, 99% of the time you can swap the riven out for either Vigilante Armaments or Primed Shred and everything will work out fine.

For secondaries it's probably a third elemental mod.

For melee weapons you have to look at what the riven's stats are, but this isn't as bad / confusing as it sounds. Optimized melee builds are extremely tight, there are basically eight mandatory mods no matter what you're building, and a riven has to have a stat that allows it to take the place of one of those. Figure out what stat that is, and you're good to go.

Finally, here's another extremely good source of weapon builds: https://www.cephalonwannab.com/

It comes with a small proviso: these builds are quantifiably tested to be the fastest at clearing a room full of level 100 enemies as quickly as possible for that weapon, with level 155 enemies used as a tie-breaker when the results would otherwise be too close to call. As such, if like most Warframe players you're usually playing lower-level content, AoE is slightly undervalued and Hunter Munitions / slash-viral builds are slightly overvalued.

Oh that's nice. A real no nonsense concise weapon guide. I think I'm fairly good at modding weapons to a useable level, but this'll be nice to fine tune things. Thanks.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Gara is fun but it feels like she needs so many things- range, duration, cast speed, and can't dump str or eff

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

StashAugustine posted:

Gara is fun but it feels like she needs so many things- range, duration, cast speed, and can't dump str or eff

Gara's my absolute favorite (obviously), so I can give you some tips on this one.

You don't need cast speed, because if you're putting up the wall as a wall you'll have time, and if you're putting it up just to smash it you don't need to use it long.

Efficiency and duration you're right, you can't dump, but you can modulate based on your needs. Vibe out what's happening more often: your splinter storm running out of time too easily, or you not having the energy to throw out the wall when it's done. Then slot what you personally need. I have range and duration as hard as I can swing them, but not too much efficiency because I tend to have enough time to get more energy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

Our Lady of Katamari is definitely my favorite frame but yeah she is REALLY tight to balance. The one really good news is that you don't need any tank mods, since 90% DR is equivalent to 2700 armor that applies to shields.

My best build so far is:

CP
Cunning Drift
Augur Reach
Stretch
Overextend
Augur Message
PCont
Blind Rage (r5)
Energy Conversion
Spectrosiphon

The worst part is the first 10s or so of the mission where you're trying to get your hands on an energy orb so that your cast of Splinter Storm is at 90%. Once that ball is rolling things go great. I haven't yet gotten a full Energize set so that might change things, but until the energy economy is a balancing act that is frankly kind of stressful.