Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which House?
Black Eagles
Blue Lions
Golden Deer
View Results

Jade Mage
Jan 4, 2013

This is Canada. It snows nine months of the year, and hails the other three.

Andrast posted:

how many magic boosters did that take

Something like 10? I wasn't really playing attention. Holy Tomb just kept dropping Dust and I wasn't complaining

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?
Just finished my first run, GD. I don't know how I was going to kill the last boss if Byleth hadn't pulled off a clutch crit. I was like putting everyone in front of them and seeing "Mt: 0" on most or at best 20 damage.

The crit meant Claude could pull the trigger but anyone else would have just been yeeted off the map. Thanks Byleth :cool:

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Jade Mage posted:

Something like 10? I wasn't really playing attention. Holy Tomb just kept dropping Dust and I wasn't complaining

I didn't even realize that having an amiibo gets you a ton of boosters, I thought you just farmed the greenhouse

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Dimitri definitely gives off bug eye crazy energy, that rant he went on at the end of Chapter 3 was uh something

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

No matter how much paperwork I process, it never goes away. It only increases.

Carlosologist posted:

Dimitri definitely gives off bug eye crazy energy, that rant he went on at the end of Chapter 3 was uh something

you haven't seen nothing yet my friend

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

I just finished Chapter 4 of GD, and Claude, Hilda, and Leonie have been ridiculously blessed with their Str and Spd growths, hitting like 70-80% of the time. Not only that, since I'm raising their Axe ranks for Brigand anyway, I also got them up to Armor rank D for the Armored Knight promotion, getting them to 12 Def which is 4-5 points of Def than they're supposed to have at this point.

These kids are brick trains and I'm not complaining.

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

come to think of it one of the big early game gotchas is in the tower with sylvain's brother, where there's like three or four enemies with formations waiting for you as you get close to them

how do y'all deal with them anyway

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

It's Rhea's bedroom and you can't go there until Rhea leaves and it becomes an empty room.

I still don't get why it's there

In Blue Lions you occasionally see other people hang out on the big balcony.
Rodrigue, Felix do. I think one time I saw a rando NPC hanging around there. Cyril cleaned up her room one month. It's a plot point in Rhea's paralogue that someone found a note she left in her room while searching for clues.

It's never as important as the other locked off area, the war room, but it's used about as infrequently as the second floor dormitory (esp post time skip) and the graveyard.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

if you were playing Classic Mode the graveyard would be perfect for a short blurb on the people who you let die

you monster

Jade Mage
Jan 4, 2013

This is Canada. It snows nine months of the year, and hails the other three.

Andrast posted:

I didn't even realize that having an amiibo gets you a ton of boosters, I thought you just farmed the greenhouse

Only in ng+, but it's very convenient

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

huh, on this redo of blue lions chapter 21, if dorothea is deployed and you move her to the center of the map, she says something and you get a free battalion after

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Dorathea or Manuela get you a dancer battalion, if it's the one I'm thinking of if you place them in the front of the opera house.

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

Tae posted:

Dorathea or Manuela get you a dancer battalion, if it's the one I'm thinking of if you place them in the front of the opera house.

i didn't even, so far as i could tell; i just had dorothea dance ashe, so lysithea could warp him into hubert's face and end the map

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
I'm not near far enough to speak to the story quality yet (I do like what I've seen though) but boy does this FE have some of the best character writing for me. I just did Sylvain's paralogue and I've really been liking how such an easy 'lol he's the big brother in his friend group who's always hornt up for girls' character type opened up. He's still a skirt chasing dork but you start to see the other elements of him and understand why he has those friends despite him being a dingus. Basically every Blue Lion I thought I'd hate I'm at least enjoying.

Airspace
Nov 5, 2010

Carlosologist posted:

if you were playing Classic Mode the graveyard would be perfect for a short blurb on the people who you let die

you monster

Classic Mode nothing, the graveyard should have blurbs for when you kill enemy students, especially ones who were friends of the random students you recruit (Annette, Mercedes for an example)

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Was Randolph being caspar's uncle ever mentioned, or did I only learn via poaching

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

e: nm

Sax Solo
Feb 18, 2011

Supports are so lacking in custom art that I was kind of shocked to see a Petra in (Ignatz's) glasses portrait.

Arkeus
Jul 21, 2013

inthesto posted:

Do I actually have to save these dickheads in Hubert's paralogue? Because this looks pretty impossible.

If you save them all the dialogue post fight is different :)

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

Tae posted:

Was Randolph being caspar's uncle ever mentioned, or did I only learn via poaching

I know it comes up in his Edelgard support, but I don't remember which level.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

inthesto posted:

Do I actually have to save these dickheads in Hubert's paralogue? Because this looks pretty impossible.

You get a nice weapon as a reward and some different dialogue post-battle. It's actually not that difficult: remember that using a gambit on a monster immediately makes it target that person, so if you don't have the manpower to down them quick enough just run distraction. The mages are also pretty good at sneaking hits in and backing off to heal if they get hit. Also I'm pretty sure all you have to do is save more than half of them to get the full reward.

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Cattail Prophet posted:

I know it comes up in his Edelgard support, but I don't remember which level.

I checked, it's the B Rank but it's kind of blink and you'll miss it

quote:

Our grandfather was really obsessed with his second wife. She has a son named Randolph who she really wanted to become the heir.

In contrast if you recruit Caspar to, like, Blue Lions he'll mention it like 2 or 3 times while exploring.
I am pretty sure Caspar never talks about Randolph while exploring in BE-E which is a bit odd, but I might be misremembering since he focuses a lot on his father. Likewise I don't think he ever talks about Fleche who would be his aunt (?!) even when she's also hanging around the monastery or when the fallout for Blue Lions happens

Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010

Sydin posted:

You get a nice weapon as a reward and some different dialogue post-battle. It's actually not that difficult: remember that using a gambit on a monster immediately makes it target that person, so if you don't have the manpower to down them quick enough just run distraction. The mages are also pretty good at sneaking hits in and backing off to heal if they get hit. Also I'm pretty sure all you have to do is save more than half of them to get the full reward.

I probably could have saved them all, but I wanted the treasure chest, so I had to stall a little.

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

dimitri's S rank convo deffo took the cake as my second-favorite (sorry ashe)

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Dedue comes with 7 speed and a 20% speed growth, so naturally he's gained 4 speed in 6 levels so far for me

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism

Tae posted:

If you speak with Randolph in the base immediately after the route split he brings it up.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Carlosologist posted:

Dedue comes with 7 speed and a 20% speed growth, so naturally he's gained 4 speed in 6 levels so far for me

Welcome to the speedy Dedue club, it's great

not a bot
Jan 9, 2019

Airspace posted:

Classic Mode nothing, the graveyard should have blurbs for when you kill enemy students, especially ones who were friends of the random students you recruit (Annette, Mercedes for an example)

Here lies Hubert, rest in piss.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Andrast posted:

Welcome to the speedy Dedue club, it's great

He got another point after this post, lol

Ingrid is finally gaining strength for me! I'm pretty happy about that too

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!

Tae posted:

Flayn and Seteth give you another high-end battalion (the Macuil Evil Repelling Co., I’m pretty sure) at the church. If you bring both members in these pairs, you get a stat booster as well.

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

Starsnostars posted:

If you speak with Randolph in the base immediately after the route split he brings it up.

He mentions being part of the Bergliez family, sure, but the way he talks about it makes it seem like he's a distant cousin from several generations back or something, not literally Caspar's uncle. It kinda seems like he's deliberately vague about it to avoid fanning the flames of the inheritance dispute, which would also help to explain why Caspar doesn't bring it up much on Edelgard's route either.

mst4k
Apr 18, 2003

budlitemolaram

Just beat it, game was fantastic, 85 fuckin hours

Crew (Black Eagles) --

Ferdinand = Holy Knight, probably should've gone great knight but it was fine and he was a killa
Bernadetta = Bow Knight, ultimate killing machine, I love Bernie.
Caspar = Grappler, stone cold killa, he sucked until I finally got him going. Then he crit first hit almost every time.
Dorothea = Dancer, loved her + meteo
Sylvain = Dark Knight, love him, powerful character (also married him)
Petra = Wyvern Knight, she was great
Ingrid = Falcon Knight meh meh meh
Lindhardt = Weak rear end dark bishop, he sucked but I still love him
Lystheia or w/e = Gromery or w/e, she was a life safer sometimes
Felix = Got him going early part 2, went mortal savant with him and he was loving bad rear end (and landed the last hit)

I went Church route and played blind + avoided this thread for the most part, Edelgard and Hubert were two of my favs and i was shocked I totally lost them. I knew they were up to something because of talking to Monica but was hoping I could save them.

The mood after Jeralt dies was amazing.

I don't know much about Claude and Diitri but Dimitri i believe was the dude I got a vision of with the patch.

I recruited almost everyone but the people above were in pretty much every fight.

Some of the paralogues were kind of hard, Petra's was like wtf.

The supports, almost of all of them, were amazing.

Fun Game. I think I'll go Blue Lions next game.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Chocolate Bunny posted:

Yeah it's better this way, because they don't have to force every character to support and pair up even if it wouldn't work. I wouldn't mind seeing more interactions between people who don't support, though, even if it's just dinner conversations, but it's fine.

I don't want them to pair up, I just want them to be friends. give them C and B, like Hilda and Annette have. idk why there are some cross house supports but not all

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer
The biggest tragedy and personal loss the player has to pay for choosing the BE-E route is losing my buddy Gate Keeper. Seeing him replaced by his twin brother from the Empire just isn't the same after we bonded so much. Of all the people i spoke with after Jeralt's death, his reaction was the only one that really choked me. :(

mst4k
Apr 18, 2003

budlitemolaram

This was my first fire emblems btw, I'm not sure why I never touched this series because XCOM like games are like my favorite genre.

Would I like Fire Emblem Heros?

E: Also whats the deal with Mythril? I could never find any. I finally found enough to make Glavius or whatever before the very last mission. I only figured out you had to completely break a monsters shield to get ore somewhere early in part 2.

mst4k fucked around with this message at 20:28 on Sep 1, 2019

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Cattail Prophet posted:

He mentions being part of the Bergliez family, sure, but the way he talks about it makes it seem like he's a distant cousin from several generations back or something, not literally Caspar's uncle. It kinda seems like he's deliberately vague about it to avoid fanning the flames of the inheritance dispute, which would also help to explain why Caspar doesn't bring it up much on Edelgard's route either.

Yeah I only learned about Caspar's uncle thing on BL with a poached Caspar, and I started in BE.

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

I’m probably gonna poach Caspar if I ever do Golden Deer a second time

since his father was stated to have laid down his life to secure the lives of his men after the fall of Enbarr, as Dorothea and an NPC mentioned in the monastery in chapter 21

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

karma_coma posted:

This was my first fire emblems btw, I'm not sure why I never touched this series because XCOM like games are like my favorite genre.

Would I like Fire Emblem Heros?

E: Also whats the deal with Mythril? I could never find any. I finally found enough to make Glavius or whatever before the very last mission. I only figured out you had to completely break a monsters shield to get ore somewhere early in part 2.

FEHeroes is a gatcha designed to squeeze money from you to play simplified 4x4 FE on tiny maps.

Your enjoyment will depend on how much you tolerate ridiculous amounts of grinding, power creep and microtransactions.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

HenryEx posted:

The biggest tragedy and personal loss the player has to pay for choosing the BE-E route is losing my buddy Gate Keeper. Seeing him replaced by his twin brother from the Empire just isn't the same after we bonded so much. Of all the people i spoke with after Jeralt's death, his reaction was the only one that really choked me. :(

He actually mentions that his brother isn't a Gatekeeper.

I don't know why people assume the exact opposite of what the Gatekeeper says.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mst4k
Apr 18, 2003

budlitemolaram

Zore posted:

FEHeroes is a gatcha designed to squeeze money from you to play simplified 4x4 FE on tiny maps.

Your enjoyment will depend on how much you tolerate ridiculous amounts of grinding, power creep and microtransactions.

ACK, I'm sorry, I meant Fire Emblem warriors - the other one on the nintendo switch.

FEHeroes one of those mobile games that just wants money for everything I guess?

Really can't get over how much fun FE:3 Houses was, I enjoyed it from start to finish.