Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Press F to give belly rubs.

Nebakenezzer
Sep 13, 2005

The Mote in God's Eye

Sir Mr. Dumb Lowtax, does this pass good news muster?

So in an effort to hang on to some of their fortune, the Sackler family is paying out personal billions and sending Purdue pharma, a major factor in the opioid crisis, into bankruptcy, so it can be converted into a public trust.

This is also legally significant as it establishes that owners of private corporations are not totally protected from illegal poo poo their companies do, especially if the owners are the one directing the bad behavior

This is all still tentative, but a collapse in talks would be very bad - for the Sacklers, as they are facing some 2000 lawsuits, so them at this point trying to sacrifice their company and some of their billions to preserve the rest tells me this is about as good as it is going to get for them

PerilPastry
Oct 10, 2012

Nebakenezzer posted:

This is all still tentative, but a collapse in talks would be very bad - for the Sacklers, as they are facing some 2000 lawsuits, so them at this point trying to sacrifice their company and some of their billions to preserve the rest tells me this is about as good as it is going to get for them

Hell yeah. Good stuff!

Anyway, Biden's doing swell:
https://twitter.com/bourgeoisalien/status/1166820278246223873?s=20

https://twitter.com/_ericblanc/status/1166681408418566144?s=20

PerilPastry has issued a correction as of 10:10 on Aug 29, 2019

Rogue Copter Pilot
Apr 12, 2005

a dead whale or a stove boat

*bangs on table*
rude teens

rude teENS

RUDE TEENS

Quicksilver6
Mar 21, 2008

My god.

They’ve got ‘TUDE!

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

The kids are alright

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

one of the contest categories that 4-H kids can enter into at county fairs across minnesota is the llama costume contest. if you win at the county level, you get to go on and compete at the state fair. this thread has many llamas:

https://twitter.com/karalynum/status/1166850858518241280

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I tend to avoid serious postin’ because I never think of goons as being receptive but this thread seems safe:

I came out to my friends today over a game of cards. we were talking about how hard it is to game online without a constant barrage of slurs, and my one friend who is a Pro-League of Legends player was saying some of the nasty poo poo his teammates say in stream and I was like “I don’t like that and I don’t think you should play with those people” and it got kinda quiet and I was like “Guys I’m Bi and that kinda thing is upsetting.”

I’ve never really talked about it IRL before, my sexuality was kind of exclusively online until now, so imagine my surprise when my nerd friends were like
“cool man”
“That’s cool bro, no problems here.”
“whoa no way, me too!” like my Pro-Gamer friend is also queer!
and we went back to playing and hanging out.

nothing really to add besides the fact that it feels a little more real. I can be out and proud around my physical space friends and I know if someone else at the nerdstore says some homophobic poo poo I can pipe up and know my homies have my back.

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

That's awesome!

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer

Nebakenezzer posted:

Sir Mr. Dumb Lowtax, does this pass good news muster?

So in an effort to hang on to some of their fortune, the Sackler family is paying out personal billions and sending Purdue pharma, a major factor in the opioid crisis, into bankruptcy, so it can be converted into a public trust.

This is also legally significant as it establishes that owners of private corporations are not totally protected from illegal poo poo their companies do, especially if the owners are the one directing the bad behavior

It's good news as long as no one agrees to those terms. The executives of one pharmaceutical distribution company have already been sentenced to prison for their role in all this mess. I suspect the Sacklers willl pay out a lot more to avoid jail time themselves.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Bust Rodd posted:

I tend to avoid serious postin’ because I never think of goons as being receptive but this thread seems safe:

I came out to my friends today over a game of cards. we were talking about how hard it is to game online without a constant barrage of slurs, and my one friend who is a Pro-League of Legends player was saying some of the nasty poo poo his teammates say in stream and I was like “I don’t like that and I don’t think you should play with those people” and it got kinda quiet and I was like “Guys I’m Bi and that kinda thing is upsetting.”

I’ve never really talked about it IRL before, my sexuality was kind of exclusively online until now, so imagine my surprise when my nerd friends were like
“cool man”

nothing really to add besides the fact that it feels a little more real. I can be out and proud around my physical space friends and I know if someone else at the nerdstore says some homophobic poo poo I can pipe up and know my homies have my back.

Bust Rodd!

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop
Hell yeah that's good news, thanks for bringing it

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop

Lutha Mahtin posted:

one of the contest categories that 4-H kids can enter into at county fairs across minnesota is the llama costume contest. if you win at the county level, you get to go on and compete at the state fair. this thread has many llamas:

:aaa:

https://twitter.com/i/status/1166869930802913281

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!

Lutha Mahtin posted:

https://twitter.com/karalynum/status/1166850858518241280

before looking at the photo I thought this was a contest where kids dress up as llamas

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer

Bust Rodd posted:

“cool man”

I had a very good day today (last night, basically. I work night shift.) I came home feeling good about things and when I read this post I felt seriously gooder. I am happy for you and as an older guy I will hold out a little more hope. Happy thread delivers.

Mr. Sunshine
May 15, 2008

This is a scrunt that has been in space too long and become a Lunt (Long Scrunt)

Fun Shoe
One thing to keep in mind is that, while there's a whole bunch of bullshit movements currently trying to drag society kicking and screaming back into some imagined glorious past (like the alt-right, gamergators, trumpists, brexiteers and the slew of nationalist parties currently bubbling around in Europe), these movements wouldn't exist if their members felt that mainstream society was still representative of their views and wishes. Yes, it sucks that they're here, but their presence also shows that racist, homophobic, transphobic conservatives feel that they are being slowly pushed out of mainstream society.

Worth keeping in mind when it looks like the assholes are on the rise.

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

Bust Rodd posted:

“cool man”

wholesome story here

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

Darkrai used Dream Eater!
It's super effective!

Speaking as cishet white male scum, this was one of the best things to read first thing in the morning. I'm so glad you can live as yourself offline in some capacity, and that your friends accept and love you as you are.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

Bust Rodd posted:

“cool man”

gently caress yeah this owns! Thank you for sharing!

Soup du Jour
Sep 8, 2011

I always knew I'd die with a headache.

https://twitter.com/angadadlakha/status/1167081919420362753?s=21

kid rides their first train :3:

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

I found this account and it puts a big dopey grin on my face. Maybe itll make you a bit happier too!

https://twitter.com/pigsarchive/status/1161304676421263360?s=20

also, thanks for the happy news, bust rodd!

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
https://twitter.com/pigsarchive/status/1130544629324161026?s=21

I followed this Twitter account so hard that I cracked my phone screen

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

:glomp:

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Bust Rodd posted:

https://twitter.com/pigsarchive/status/1130544629324161026?s=21

I followed this Twitter account so hard that I cracked my phone screen

piggie-related damage is covered by extended warranties, because really

e: also, the kids in this house have been saying “and I oop” every 30 seconds since they saw that video, I would estimate

Clowner
Dec 13, 2006

Further in

Bust Rodd posted:

“cool man”

That rules homeslice

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Were any of them insulted that you have never hit on them

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
no, but now I’m re-examining all the times they say “please daddy no” when I cast a big dragon or something. the ex-marine in particular also refers to my “sweet rear end” a lot but I always thought that was just standard military machismo LoL

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007
Ooo! Look at me! NO DON'T LOOK AT ME!

Bust Rodd posted:

no, but now I’m re-examining all the times they say “please daddy no” when I cast a big dragon or something. the ex-marine in particular also refers to my “sweet rear end” a lot but I always thought that was just standard military machismo LoL

Friend, that's standard military gayness. Ain't nothing macho in the military.

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop

gschmidl posted:

As of today, it's illegal in Texas for vehicle manufacturers to service or repair the vehicles they build, unless they build recreational vehicles.

The state tax break for electric cars has also been repealed in a specific way.

One guess as to which company is the only one this affects.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Bust Rodd posted:

I'm not a vet, but every Marine that I've met has insisted that the Marines are extremely gay at all times.

Blast of Confetti
Apr 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
the military is the second gayest place in existence right behind the average american workshop

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Zeroisanumber posted:

I'm not a vet, but every Marine that I've met has insisted that the Marines are extremely gay at all times.

I work with a former Marine and actually IS gay, so I guess this checks out?

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

introducing the new tesla camper with easily removed sleeping quarters

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.

Zeroisanumber posted:

A Marine friend of mine says that in a thousand years archaeologists will be able to tell where Marines have been because of all the dicks they draw everywhere.

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

WARNING: This poster is a huge bitch!

https://twitter.com/miire06/status/1168333005150138368

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Holy poo poo get this lady over here now.

TheKennedys
Sep 23, 2006

By my hand, I will take you from this godforsaken internet
I'm apparently having a midlife crisis or something, but so far I'm coming out p decent; I'm coming to terms with 30 years of steadfastly buried queerness and for some reason feel way better about myself after making a huge decision to cut my lifetime of hair into a punky pixie cut

sometimes I wish I were a dude so I could just buy a motorcycle and get it over with

TheKennedys
Sep 23, 2006

By my hand, I will take you from this godforsaken internet
quote is not edit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

TheKennedys posted:

I'm apparently having a midlife crisis or something, but so far I'm coming out p decent; I'm coming to terms with 30 years of steadfastly buried queerness and for some reason feel way better about myself after making a huge decision to cut my lifetime of hair into a punky pixie cut

sometimes I wish I were a dude so I could just buy a motorcycle and get it over with

you can talk to a doc about getting on testosterone and release the inner dude in you :glomp: