Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Bowsette?
This poll is closed.
Yes 70 39.11%
no 28 15.64%
maybe? 15 8.38%
Yes I'm phoning this one in. 66 36.87%
Total: 179 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

GUI
Nov 5, 2005

I'm still subscribed to the OG Nier and OUYA megathreads. Saluting all those accounts that haven't been active since 2013.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
I don't know how I let MOTHERGUNSHIP pass by but this game feels fantastic. You can actually make those crazy gun schematics from Resonance of Fate and zoom around the level blowing everything up and losing your entire energy in a single shot and its great.

Hopper posted:

Can you mark the upcoming games in the OP with "PC (EpicExclusive)" if applicable, so we know which ones to buy a year from now? That makes it easier to manage the month given the high number of games coming out.

:rolleyes:

A Bag of Milk
Jul 3, 2007

I don't see any American dream; I see an American nightmare.
Folks I just got kicked in the dick with some exquisite Nintendo Bullshit and I must share. Trying to replay metroid prime trilogy over here, and I wanted to play on the highest difficulty because the other two difficulties are trivial. Of course, this highest difficulty must be unlocked through a playthrough of one of the lower difficulties, but no big deal, I just download and transfer a 100% save file from the internet. But even when I start a fresh new game, most objects show as scanned and added to my logbook already, because scans are saved between playthroughs. And, adding to this layer of insanity, difficulty levels are unlocked on a per profile basis, not per system. So, there is quite literally no way to play a fresh, untouched, playthrough of any metroid prime game on the highest difficulty on metroid prime trilogy. Because in order to play the highest difficulty you must beat an easier difficulty level, and there's no way to *not* save scan progress between runs. I'm losing my mind

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
That's what you get for playing Metroid Prime.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Don't most games work that way?

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

look at this guy playing two extremely good games and metroid prime 3

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

Are there any like deep Western-style RPGs where you don't necessarily play The One True Hero and lead everyone around? Played Tyranny recently and though I liked it, I played a bow rogue which felt weird to play as The Leader of the group. It'd be cool to have an RPG where I play the guy who gets recruited in the Tavern and don't have to lead the group for once.

A Bag of Milk
Jul 3, 2007

Steve2911 posted:

Metroid Prime 1 and 2 for gamecube didn't. Scans were missable, every save was fresh, and unlocks were on a per system basis. Sure, I understand carrying over between playthroughs within a profile makes sense, but there's at least gotta be some way to play the game from scratch. Hypermode isn't new game+ or anything, it's just 'hard'.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Plan Z posted:

Are there any like deep Western-style RPGs where you don't necessarily play The One True Hero and lead everyone around? Played Tyranny recently and though I liked it, I played a bow rogue which felt weird to play as The Leader of the group. It'd be cool to have an RPG where I play the guy who gets recruited in the Tavern and don't have to lead the group for once.

WoW Classic

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

Opened my eyes.

Plan Z posted:

You're just a random cowboy/girl in West of Loathing and its less of a group and more of dragging someone with you through this inane bullshit.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Steve2911 posted:

In that case most games have poo poo design

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Samuringa posted:

You're just a random cowboy/girl in West of Loathing and its less of a group and more of dragging someone with you through this inane bullshit.

Game also has some of the funniest writing in anything ever made, in my opinion.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Has anyone ever used “dank” or “yeet” unironically?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

The Outer Worlds will have what you want. it releases October 25.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

Plan Z posted:

V:TM Bloodlines, New Vegas, and Shadowruns Dragonfall and Hong Kong don't have you play as a chosen hero or the like; you're some relative nobody. (To a lesser extent in Hong Kong though.)

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I said come in! posted:

The Outer Worlds will have what you want. it releases October 25.

I dunno, maybe it will be like New Vegas where it starts off "oh you're just a courier" and then some DLC character is like "THE COURIER IS A SACRED TRUST, FIGHT ME BEFORE I LAUNCH THESE NUKES"

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I dunno, maybe it will be like New Vegas where it starts off "oh you're just a courier" and then some DLC character is like "THE COURIER IS A SACRED TRUST, FIGHT ME BEFORE I LAUNCH THESE NUKES"

That guy is full of poo poo though

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Is Avellone in this new one?

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Jay Rust posted:

Is Avellone in this new one?

He's not employed by Obsidian

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

lmao that dlc was so awful

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

Andrast posted:

That guy is full of poo poo though
Yeah, you can even call him out in a couple of ways. The Courier is just some nobody that got dragged into something bigger than themselves.

A Bag of Milk
Jul 3, 2007

https://www.reddit.com/r/Metroid/comments/7rvdgr/metroid_prime_trilogy_save_with_hypermode/

found one other person on the internet like me. absolute loving madness right? am i wrong? alright, imma shut up about this now and go play on veteran i guess

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

A Bag of Milk posted:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Metroid/comments/7rvdgr/metroid_prime_trilogy_save_with_hypermode/

found one other person on the internet like me. absolute loving madness right? am i wrong? alright, imma shut up about this now and go play on veteran i guess

You can apparently unlock it with some cheat codes but I don't know what your set-up is

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

A Bag of Milk posted:

Unfortunately there is really nothing you can do about this as far as I can tell. :( There are rumors that the Prime trilogy will be coming to Switch and so maybe Nintendo will change how the difficulty options work with that.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

A Bag of Milk posted:

Yeah it's really dumb. It sucks when games lock this stuff behind repeated playthroughs.

A Bag of Milk
Jul 3, 2007

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

You can apparently unlock it with some cheat codes but I don't know what your set-up is

I'm on Dolphin, specifically the primehack fork with the built-in mouselook and beam/visor options. It's sick, especially with the ai upscaled texture pack

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Man, now I'm just thinking about how I'd like to have a pack of those New Vegas-themed playing cards, I wonder how much they go for these days

Edit: Geez, it's about 50-75 USD looks like

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

A Bag of Milk posted:

I'm on Dolphin, specifically the primehack fork with the built-in mouselook and beam/visor options. It's sick, especially with the ai upscaled texture pack

Maybe this will do it for you: https://www.reddit.com/r/WiiHacks/comments/6xddp4/question_how_to_use_the_difficulty_modifier_code/

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Beet Wagon posted:

I can't think of a way to write this that doesn't sound like I'm listing out my 'forums moderator credentials' or whatever, but I was one of the mods brought in to make the bad Star Citizen subforum less bad. With VG moving to admin and having to do admin things at least part of the time, it seemed a good idea to have a couple extra pairs of eyes wandering around, but I wouldn't expect anything to change, honestly. VG isn't going anywhere.

I, too, have stumbled, and I will carry the weight of my shame forever.

oh! i was just messing but thank you for the answer. the chat thread is the only thread i share with mods it seems, lol

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

Samuringa posted:

Played it. One of my favorite games.

Accordion Man posted:

V:TM Bloodlines, New Vegas, and Shadowruns Dragonfall and Hong Kong don't have you play as a chosen hero or the like; you're some relative nobody. (To a lesser extent in Hong Kong though.)

I've never gotten Bloodlines to work right, which is a shame. It always sounds up my alley. I actually just noticed I somehow own both of those Shadowruns without realizing it, so maybe those will be next. I just got into D&D a few years ago and got into playing a bow rogue. The problem is that doing the bow rogue thing in most RPG games is that You Are The One True Hero, so it feels weird that you're just sitting in the back of every battle, whipping arrows at people. It's probably the least-appropriate in Dragon Age: Inquisition where every class has sick-looking moves while the archer just goes "fire an arrow, fire an arrow, fire an arrow."

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Looper posted:

oh! i was just messing but thank you for the answer. the chat thread is the only thread i share with mods it seems, lol

I thought so but honestly it was a fair and good question so it seemed like a good opportunity to answer it in case anyone was actually wondering lol.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
With Bloodlines you need the basic Wesp fan patch, the GOG version comes with it baked in.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/PushDustIn/status/1168229725061255168

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

geese invades another game

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

welcome to smash, leona

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.
Hope it's my favorite SNK character, me boingy

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
It will be Kyo and we will all groan.

stratofarius
May 17, 2019

So is there a Garry's Mod thread here or something? I've been really getting back into it.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

The only fully safe for work gif of Mai on the Internet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
hey everyone, were the patriots successful in recreating the shadow moses incident in mgs2 or what