Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Anyway, that being said, I think this line of topic has been run into the ground.

Hot rumor is Pocono is done, and Richmond will replace it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

DoctorGonzo posted:

You should watch fromula 1

lol god no

to be honest the windscreen looks like poo poo to me so i dunno how im gonna react next year yet, maybe become an annoying sportscar guy if its real bad

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

iospace posted:

Good.

Cygni posted:

lol god no

to be honest the windscreen looks like poo poo to me so i dunno how im gonna react next year yet, maybe become an annoying sportscar guy if its real bad

full canopy or bust

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

Indycar has been fun this year but I think I enjoyed last year more, even with Dixon winning it all. Mazda seeming like they've put it together in IMSA makes me happy. MotoGP and BSB have been my favorite series to watch this year so far.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

iospace posted:

That’s been the rumor for a while, and would be good IMO. I think the current car can be racy on the superspeedways, but Pocono has shown it’s not a good host. The car has also shown its even better on shorter ovals (hi Gateway) so adding another seems like the thing to do.

Hoping Portland adds more drama this weekend. Wishing I was there for it too.

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno
I will 100% go to Richmond to see Indycar. Hope they bring the Road To Indy too.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Frond posted:

O’Ward is not looking all that great in SF.

He's had 2 races, neither of which have been mechanical problem free, joining a notoriously difficult series mid-season.

He's done fine if you look beyond "2 14th places". He's a gently caress load closer to his teammate than Ticktum was.

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

There's a haint in the foothills of NC; the haint of the #3 chevy. The rich have formed a holy alliance to exorcise it but they'll never fucking catch him.

Bring back the original DW-12. IR-18 bad

The Illusive Man
Mar 27, 2008

~savior of yoomanity~

MazeOfTzeentch posted:

I will 100% go to Richmond to see Indycar. Hope they bring the Road To Indy too.

:same:

drgitlin
Jul 25, 2003
luv 2 get custom titles from a forum that goes into revolt when its told to stop using a bad word.
Yup, I’ll drive down from DC for an IndyCar race.

Frond
Mar 12, 2018

Dudley posted:

He's had 2 races, neither of which have been mechanical problem free, joining a notoriously difficult series mid-season.

He's done fine if you look beyond "2 14th places". He's a gently caress load closer to his teammate than Ticktum was.

His qualifying pace is a bit worrying. He looked better in the actual races for sure.

mactheknife
Jul 20, 2004

THE JOLLY CANDY-LIKE BUTTON
richmond is a better track in literally every way so i hope this goss is true

WindyMan
Mar 21, 2002

Respect the power of the wind
Richmond confirmed for 2020. Still waiting to hear if Pocono is 10000% deconfirmed but it's looking more likely than not.

https://twitter.com/A_S12/status/1166757499183276032

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

Hell yeah, Harlem Globetrotters. Now I gotta go to a NASCAR race.

WindyMan
Mar 21, 2002

https://twitter.com/RACERmag/status/1166821555353071619

50 pounds forward and above COM. Throw out all the setups. Who knows what next year is going to race like.

Reynold
Feb 14, 2012

Suffer not the unclean to live.
Daly in the 7 for SPM at Portland, Ericsson requested to be at Spa by Alfa Romeo, who has denied that he will be replacing Giovinazzi for the race. Wild stuff.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Reynold posted:

Daly in the 7 for SPM at Portland, Ericsson requested to be at Spa by Alfa Romeo, who has denied that he will be replacing Giovinazzi for the race. Wild stuff.

...oh man hope Ericsson was still on the east coast when he got that call, PDX is a wonderful airport but it is not the best place to depart from to get to Europe.

Give em hell Daly.

WindyMan
Mar 21, 2002

Important development at Portland! Last month the track renamed the Festival Curves to the "Shelton Chicane" in honor of a local SCCA champion that recently passed away.

Anyone caught calling the first turns complex by its old name will be fined $1, payable to me.

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

Whoa, PT saying that there is a rumor that Peterson and Hinch will leave Schmidt, and with sponsorship from Petro Canada and Honda Canada, start their own new team using the equipment and shop of... Gerry Forsythe.

e: the source for this was someones SUGGESTION, not any sort of actual information. PT is dumb as fuckin poo poo dude

Cygni fucked around with this message at 03:13 on Aug 31, 2019

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

I like this visualization:

https://twitter.com/champwebdotnet/status/1167508534788968448

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

That is cool, although I was reading it backwards initially and was wondering why the hell Daly was so fast and Rossi was so slow :xd:

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗
Hubert killed in crash at Spa in F2. loving horrific crash.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

iwentdoodie posted:

Hubert killed in crash at Spa in F2. loving horrific crash.

There's some rough photos floating around on Twitter, just a heads up.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Big Huski Boi posted:

There's some rough photos floating around on Twitter, just a heads up.

Very.

Obviously not posting any, but ended up seeing them. Entire safety cell was ripped in half. gently caress.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Watching it live was enough.

All you need to know is, you know how people survive crashes you think they shouldn't?

This was a level beyond that and you knew it instantly.

Frond
Mar 12, 2018
Nice Colton.

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008
rahal is an absolute joke

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno
What a bonehead

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Nice start for the Indy Binmen.

The Illusive Man
Mar 27, 2008

~savior of yoomanity~
Are we going to run the whole race under caution or what.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Space Racist posted:

Yea.

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik
Lmao rhr what are you doing

mactheknife
Jul 20, 2004

THE JOLLY CANDY-LIKE BUTTON
race bad

Reynold
Feb 14, 2012

lmao RHR just Graham Rahal’d the last remaining SPM affiliated car

Synthetic Hermit
Apr 4, 2012

mega survoltage!!!
Grimey Drawer

MazeOfTzeentch posted:

What a bonehead

Now boneheads.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

BindyCar

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Space Racist posted:

It's IndyCar man, you gotta close the pits for an inexplicably long time, get your six commercial breaks in, sweep the entire track, another commercial break for good measure, then you can go back racing.

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno
6.9 second stop for herta

nice

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reynold
Feb 14, 2012