Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Bowsette?
This poll is closed.
Yes 70 39.11%
no 28 15.64%
maybe? 15 8.38%
Yes I'm phoning this one in. 66 36.87%
Total: 179 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

A Bag of Milk
Jul 3, 2007

I don't see any American dream; I see an American nightmare.

yoooooooo!! holy god, that is my motherfucking poo poo ! i could kiss you on the lips

i just tested modifying the difficulty using gecko codes in dolphin for mp1 and that poo poo works, hella gnarly dude that was the very last piece of the puzzle i am up and running

much love friend

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Cowcaster posted:

there's a lot!

there's the metal slug:

the camel slug:

the slugnoid:

the slugflyer:

the ostrich slug:

the astroslug:

the spider slug:

the elephant slug:

and more!

This sort of stuff is what got me to love Metal Slug. It has such great characters and artwork.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
The SNK rep is gonna be Nakoruru, I'm gonna echo that call.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

A Bag of Milk posted:

yoooooooo!! holy god, that is my motherfucking poo poo ! i could kiss you on the lips

i just tested modifying the difficulty using gecko codes in dolphin for mp1 and that poo poo works, hella gnarly dude that was the very last piece of the puzzle i am up and running

much love friend

:glomp:

Glad it worked out. I might have to give that mouse patch a go.
Definitely post some screens of that hd pack too

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Cowcaster posted:

there's a lot!

there's the metal slug:

the camel slug:

the slugnoid:

the slugflyer:

the ostrich slug:

the astroslug:

the spider slug:

the elephant slug:

and more!

this is one of the best posts i've ever seen

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

Grapplejack posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vgHD-n4qgVU

:swoon: oh god i'm so excited

e: actually the drink mixing looks kind of annoying! oh no!!!

tfw ur dumb as gently caress

if i went to a bar and ordered a beer and the bartender shook the beer i would definitely not continue to exist at that bar.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

lol they added an actual mechanic to the mixing just so they could show the bartender's comically huge tits jiggling

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
here's the stuff i ended up getting at that con. i am incapable of not buying dice when presented with so many options

spoilers for what the blind boxes contained

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Metal Slug 3 was too long and slow for me. Hate those crabs, hate the last boss, blech

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

fart kirby

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Looper posted:

this is one of the best posts i've ever seen

sorry the title change might've screwed with some people it's me, cowcaster

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

hello slugcaster

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Pictured: videogames handling the responsibilities of being admin:

https://twitter.com/sirfluffyfox/status/1168015496467419136?s=19

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
If Metal Slug comes to smash I will be disappointed if Hyakutaro is not an assist trophy because he is the very definition of an assist trophy.

Also, Metal Slug 3 is definitely the peak of the series but 5 is just so weird that I can't help but love where it goes and how it ends with you facing off against a massive demon whose body is just space and I like how Metal Slug 6 goes back to 3's story but following up on it. I also like how 6 has the whole thing where you're the aggressor and then it turns out it was all just one big misunderstanding and you've been fighting people who would have been on your side the whole time if you had taken a moment to not shoot first/ask questions later (though given the people you've been shooting have tried taking over the world so many times previously, it makes sense why the cast would go in guns blazing again).

Also, I love the Big Shiee.

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!
Metal Slugtember

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Sitting here 25 years old sipping coffee and listening to Runescape music wishing I was 8 again

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Cowcaster posted:

there's a lot!

there's the metal slug:

I always picture this thing whenever people bring up Metal Slug, and I'd be super down for it. Although projectiles characters are risky because there's a chance they'd be zoners and zoners are the worst

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"

Internet Kraken posted:

Sitting here 25 years old sipping coffee and listening to Runescape music wishing I was 8 again

my initial runescape experience was logging in on a school computer, seeing another playing with red pants and a yellow shirt, telling him he looked like a hot dog stand, and getting called a slur.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Relax Or DIE posted:

my initial runescape experience was logging in on a school computer, seeing another playing with red pants and a yellow shirt, telling him he looked like a hot dog stand, and getting called a slur.

All my most vivid memories of Runescape are from me doing something incredibly dumb and losing all of my stuff.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

Internet Kraken posted:

All my most vivid memories of Runescape are from me doing something incredibly dumb and losing all of my stuff.

I remember my first time getting lured into the wilderness and losing my pitiful section of earlygame items.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Completed: man of medan

Review: a worse version of until dawn

Criticism: everything is sewn together sloppily. Text logs are full of typos like "in the line of dute" You can guess what the supernatural thing is right away and there isnt any twist at all. Characters are archetypal and one dimensional.
I enjoyed playing it with my wife watching her complain about qtes but its nothing special like until dawn was

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

Going back a few pages, but re: RPGs where you don’t play as The Chosen One, wasn’t the plot of Oblivion about finding The Chosen One and convincing him to get his poo poo together?

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Roach Warehouse posted:

Going back a few pages, but re: RPGs where you don’t play as The Chosen One, wasn’t the plot of Oblivion about finding The Chosen One and convincing him to get his poo poo together?

that's a pretty accurate summary yeah

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

Roach Warehouse posted:

Yeah, Sean Bean's character is the Chosen One, not you.

Though in Shivering Isles you're pretty much Sheogorath's Chosen One to replace him, but you don't find that out until the end.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

You’re still kind of a chosen one, Patrick Stewart tells you as much in the prologue.

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
i wonder if patrick stewart ever tried oblivion

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
They aren't western games but they're very much inspired by them, the Souls games don't have you as some chosen one and IIRC Dark Souls plays it up like you're chosen and special but in reality you're just one of many who have been told the same thing in hopes that you'll go and make something of yourself.

King's Field was similar, though retroactively. In the first King's Field game, you are the son of the head of the knights that journeyed into the kingdom's royal crypt in order to investigate the monsters that had shown up there. While exploring, you eventually come across a fairy who explains to you that you are the chosen one and that you must meet with the dragon who will gift you the sword of moonlight which will help you in your quest to destroy the evil at the bottom of the crypt. Then in King's Field 2, you can find a Resident Evil-lookin lab towards the end of the game that is filled with those fairies and they all say the same thing as the fairy from the first game, so the whole thing was a setup by the sword's creator to get people to fight over being the chosen wielder so that the sword could leech the energy from the fighting and revive its creator, the black dragon Guyra.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
https://clips.twitch.tv/BlindingWrongElkBCouch

the writer for the Shadowbringers story getting overwhelmed with emotion at the applause she gets at a PAX panel earlier today. Extremely wholesome positive video

I was in the room and the clip if anything sells short the sheer amount of energy the audience had for her. It was practically thunderous, and I've never seen someone get a standing ovation for being introduced before

Barudak
May 7, 2007

You aren't the chosen one in Mass Effect or Dragon Age games.

You arent the chosen one in Grandia because youre a 14 year old idiot.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Barudak posted:

You aren't the chosen one in Mass Effect or Dragon Age games.

You arent the chosen one in Grandia because youre a 14 year old idiot.

What's the plot in Dragon Age Inquisition? You seem pretty chosen from what I played.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

LIVE AMMO ROLEPLAY posted:

What's the plot in Dragon Age Inquisition? You seem pretty chosen from what I played.

Im making a distinction I guess from "you slap a magical item anyone could have slapped which gives you a narrative hook" and "you were born destined for greatness, it could only have ever been you"

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

You’re definitely the chosen one in Mass Effect

Desperate Character
Apr 13, 2009
Wandersong is the ultimate not the chosen one story as you literally are not the hero of the game. It is definitely worth a playthrough if you want to see this concept shown well thought out

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Jay Rust posted:

You’re definitely the chosen one in Mass Effect

I would say not in the first game but ME2 turns Shepard into Space Jesus.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Yakuza 7 announced

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M9_L2TA0IEY

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

exquisite tea posted:

I think this is actually kind of true in reverse: Being able to potentially gently caress yourself permanently led to prolific savescumming, which led to saves eventually becoming more automated in games. Back in the day I was mashing F5 on every turn.
I didn't consider this because it was never how I played games but it's an interesting point.

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

cheetah7071 posted:

https://clips.twitch.tv/BlindingWrongElkBCouch

the writer for the Shadowbringers story getting overwhelmed with emotion at the applause she gets at a PAX panel earlier today. Extremely wholesome positive video

I was in the room and the clip if anything sells short the sheer amount of energy the audience had for her. It was practically thunderous, and I've never seen someone get a standing ovation for being introduced before

This is really nice! I like to see some wholesome audience/creators interactions.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
One of our cats peed on the bed and soaked KCB's blankets and a part of her side of the mattress :(

She got it partially cleaned up and we used some generic febreze to disguise the smell and flipped the mattress over and I gave her my blanket for the night but we're gonna need to go pick up a steam cleaner of some kind tomorrow and whatever else we'll need to wash out the cat piss.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.

Grapplejack posted:

i despserately want them to make the fatal cutie hat so i can get one for my so

They did.