Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which House?
Black Eagles
Blue Lions
Golden Deer
View Results

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
Oh hey, Lindhart's dialogue changes in his B Support with Lysithia, if he also has a B Support with Hanneman. He straight up says Hanneman is working on how to remove crests at will, and that he's assisting with the research. It's a small detail but I appreciate they went to the trouble.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
Who's the best S-rank support convo? So far my money is on Raphael

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
Is there a list of the best batallions? I didn't keep track at first and now I have like 50 plus whoever you can hire. I only went to find a +AVO one for my dancing Petra

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

No matter how much paperwork I process, it never goes away. It only increases.
jeralt's mercenaries are a solid option for anyone with low authority (+3 physical attack, +15 avoid)

Kiranamos
Sep 27, 2007

Blaziken386 posted:

So, I didn't know that Randolph was related to Caspar until some goons pointed it out. Went to check to see if there was unique dialogue, and hey, whaddaya know!

the thrilling conclusion: :getin:

I lucked into that encounter, it was really pretty neat.

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?
Oh hey post above reminded me. I finished GD today and in Lysithea's end card it said "even without her Crests, she was fine" or similar. I guess I missed something because that was never even mentioned. I didn't bother recruiting Hanneman, is that why? We were besties so it wasn't a support with me thing. She married Lorenz of all people, gross, I'd have talked her out of that if I could

eating only apples fucked around with this message at 00:39 on Sep 2, 2019

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

eating only apples posted:

Oh hey post above reminded me. I finished GD today and in Lysithea's end card it said "even without her Crests, she was fine" or similar. I guess I missed something because that was never even mentioned. I didn't bother recruiting Hanneman, is that why? We were besties so it wasn't a support with me thing. She married Lorenz of all people, gross, I'd have talked her out of that if I could

she talks about it to hanneman in their B support and byleth in their A support; if you remember the expo dump she gave claude and byleth at the end of chapter 17 the slitherers implanted two crests into her, which turned her hair white and meant she'd die in her 20s, which happens in a number of her paired endings

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009

indigi posted:

Is there a list of the best batallions? I didn't keep track at first and now I have like 50 plus whoever you can hire. I only went to find a +AVO one for my dancing Petra

You can just sort by AVO? (And I think her paralogue's battalion might have it pretty high)

RoyalScion
May 16, 2009
Dunno if you’re looking just for avoid but there is a dance Corp battalion that gives aoe dance as a gambit.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

OddObserver posted:

You can just sort by AVO? (And I think her paralogue's battalion might have it pretty high)

you can sort battalions? piss

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

RoyalScion posted:

You can't get Hilda.

Ah right, I was just thinking about the professors/Church of Seiros characters. Cool.

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd

Didn't capture the GD exclusive paralogue, but I appreciate that Seteth has unique dialogue for both Claude's paralogue and Leonie/Linhardt's paralogue

I also like that the reason Indech and Macuil aren't helping is because, respectively, they're old/worn-out and old/pissed
(ps - lmao linhardt's the only member of the cast with a brain because he realizes who The Immovable actually is.)

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?

Blaziken386 posted:

Didn't capture the GD exclusive paralogue, but I appreciate that Seteth has unique dialogue for both Claude's paralogue and Leonie/Linhardt's paralogue

I also like that the reason Indech and Macuil aren't helping is because, respectively, they're old/worn-out and old/pissed
(ps - lmao linhardt's the only member of the cast with a brain because he realizes who The Immovable actually is.)

Thanks for this, I was wondering where the fourth one was.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Blaziken386 posted:

Well, he also didn't invite Edelgard and Hubert on their route because he figured they'd guess too and that would lead to... complications.

Also, thinking of the beginning of the game with later reveals

I'm amazed Edelgard was able to keep anything resembling a straight face when Claude talked about how naive and innocent she was compared to him.

Depending on if it was a straightforward assassination or something more complicated, she might have been sloppy, but it's definitely more cynical political maneuvering than Claude is managing at the time.

chiasaur11 fucked around with this message at 01:50 on Sep 2, 2019

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Part 2 is way too busy when you're not on black eagles and recruited everyone. So many paralogues, i can't keep up!

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

it took 100 hours, but I finally completed my Lions playthrough.

Overall, I enjoyed it immensely, prob my favorite FE since PoR. I married Dimitri and well, I'm sure nothing bad will happen with Church and State literally in bed together. Characters were great and I'm gonna feel bad killing them all during the next run :smith:. Normal was really easy, which is lame, but got more playthroughs to go.

Gonna take a break until the next DLC comes out (and so I can get back to grad school things) and I'll start my second playthrough. Gonna go Deer, another DLC break, and then Edelgard. Deer and Church are mostly similar, right? I think I can mostly skip the church in that case, as churches are usually bad anyway.

A+ would play again

The ending credits spoiling Rhea is really funny

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

i don't know what is with my poached lysitheas but before level 10 or so she gains very little magic but a shitload of speed

like with base 12 magic and 8 speed at level 3, she's at 14 magic and 13 speed at level 10 this black eagles run

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Mercedes/Alois A Rank is really weird

Mercedes: After helping you I think I'd like to join the Knights after the war!
Alois: uhhh i'm figuratively haunted by the piles of corpses I've been responsible for you probably are getting the wrong idea here
Mercedes: oh its fine I've killed plenty of people on the battlefield before
Alois: listen you really need to hear some of the awful poo poo we've done--
Mercedes: And I'll improve my ghost stories ! : )

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

It doesn't get much attention, but Mercedes is a zealot. She gives disturbingly few fucks about killing anyone on the "wrong" side.

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

Skippy McPants posted:

It doesn't get much attention, but Mercedes is a zealot. She gives disturbingly few fucks about killing anyone on the "wrong" side.

it was clear at that point earlygame in blue lions where she was like "well if those people didn't want to die they shouldn't have opposed the church!!!"

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
What I appreciate is that FETH shows the church more vicious and cold, like executing and purging people and everyone accepts it, than probably most video games in general.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Jerry Manderbilt posted:

i don't know what is with my poached lysitheas but before level 10 or so she gains very little magic but a shitload of speed

like with base 12 magic and 8 speed at level 3, she's at 14 magic and 13 speed at level 10 this black eagles run

poached units tend to start with way better stats compared to the black eagles

at least if your black eagles are anything like mine and hate the concept of speed

Tae posted:

What I appreciate is that FETH shows the church more vicious and cold, like executing and purging people and everyone accepts it, than probably most video games in general.

tbf the acceptance levels uhhh vary a bit

Yinlock fucked around with this message at 03:00 on Sep 2, 2019

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

BL CH 20
Wanted to kill Death Knight with Mercedes for the conversation I figured would happen, try to weaken with byleth, who crits twice, ending the map. :argh:

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

https://twitter.com/lld_8/status/1168014342106669056

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
Finished BE-E, definitely agree it felt rushed, at a minimum it definitely needed a few more chapters to handle mopping up TWSitD but overall I actually enjoyed it a lot more than I thought I would.

Also maybe I'm alone but imo Byleth losing Sothis' crest in their heart, returning to a normal human, and getting to live a normal life is way, way, WAY more satisfying than them becoming supreme leader of the world and/or the super pope.

Sydin fucked around with this message at 03:59 on Sep 2, 2019

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

Skippy McPants posted:

if they didn't want to die, they should've run away from her, not towards her, brandishing an axe.
they had it coming. :colbert:

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Sydin posted:

Finished BE-E, definitely agree it felt rushed, at a minimum it definitely needed a few more chapters to handle mopping up TWSitD but overall I actually enjoyed it a lot more than I thought I would.

Also maybe I'm alone but imo Byleth losing Sothis' crest in their heart, returning to a normal human, and getting to live a normal life is way, way, WAY more satisfying than them becoming supreme leader of the world and/or the super pope.

cosign on the ending.

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

unrelated note, just looked through the spell lists:
why is Bolting limited to Manuela and Hilda, of all people? :psyduck: Neither of them can use it effectively without downing a shitload of drugs spirit dust

Shinji117
Jul 14, 2013

Blaziken386 posted:

unrelated note, just looked through the spell lists:
why is Bolting limited to Manuela and Hilda, of all people? :psyduck: Neither of them can use it effectively without downing a shitload of drugs spirit dust

Hilda learns Bolting because drat if she’s going to take the effort to walk all the way up to the enemy when she can just kill them from a mile away without having to move.

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

Sydin posted:

Absolutely agreed on your last point, I honestly hate the archbishop etc endings, I do not think Byleth is fit to be a world leader. Advisor, yes, ruler, no.

mst4k
Apr 18, 2003

budlitemolaram

It would be cool if I could view my Battle Data any time, that was cool at the end but man I wanna see it again.

Also it was pretty cool that I brought Felix in starting around mid part 2 with a knowledge gem and got him to level like 45 by final battle.

I really liked how "my" team came together, it was very cool, and this is a very good game.

mst4k fucked around with this message at 04:31 on Sep 2, 2019

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

After seeing Alois/Hanneman B Rank I wish that Alois wouldn't get his first spell until a reason
really maximize the integration of him being poo poo at magic

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

It may take multiple playthroughs worth of training up his reason and an inordinate amount of magic boosters, but someday I want to help Alois fulfill his dream of being a mage.

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009

rannum posted:

After seeing Alois/Hanneman B Rank I wish that Alois wouldn't get his first spell until a reason
really maximize the integration of him being poo poo at magic

But make it Meteor.

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

My face when others are unable to appreciate the :kazooieass:

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor
Ingrid is turning into my MVP. With Alert Stance + and Evasion Ring, literally nothing can touch her. She consistently has 0% hit chance on her with like every enemy. It is beautiful.

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Got 1 enemy phase into chatper 21 and marianne, who I moved first in the map, died instantly because the ballista crit

decided that was enough three houses for now

PyPy
Sep 13, 2004

by vyelkin
Any downsides to not using all deployment slots in a battle? Trying to catch up some underleveled characters. Battle has been very easy thus far. I'm in month 12 pre time skip

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

PyPy posted:

Any downsides to not using all deployment slots in a battle? Trying to catch up some underleveled characters. Battle has been very easy thus far. I'm in month 12 pre time skip

Well there's some tactical stuff that can come up (less people running around doing side objectives/problem units, getting overwhelmed, things like that) but I think the big thing is you will probably get more super units depending how many you take away.

PyPy
Sep 13, 2004

by vyelkin
I'm just going to grind them in a few free auxiliary battles.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

PyPy posted:

I'm just going to grind them in a few free auxiliary battles.

Oh I missed this is to catch people up. There's no issues, though maybe bring a support unit along to keep them topped up or whatever. And maybe look out for the auxillary battles that throw a dozen swordmasters at you. Those guys are always assholes for training.