Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

For_Great_Justice posted:

Thats a very nice conversion, very seamless.

Thanks! I kinda wish that I'd made it a bit more dynamic though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Strobe posted:

I'm kind of hoping T'au get honest to good T'au psykers, but that they're Farsight Enclaves only because ~Ethereals~.

Then mauve that Sept would be worth using for anything besides slightly more effective Crisis Suits.

Psionic Beacon Drones. Plop them down as artillery during the psychic phase then have them randomly take over enemy units.

Red Alert was cool, ok?

(The actual best solution would be more xenos client races because I want the T'au to be as diverse as the lore suggests. And for Kroot not to suck. )

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

I mean Tau could quite possibly be getting Zoat units.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
I'd even be down for T'au Psykers if they got two disciplines for Mont'ka and Kauyon and all the Mont'ka ones were really good and helped out maneuverable T'au, and all the Mont'ka ones sucked rear end.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.
Or T'au could just not get psykers.

*shrug*

Their entire thing is supposed to be how they are a coalition of races, and the only time that shows up is when they talk about kroot. If they simply must have psykers, give it to some new aliens. T'au have weak bitch souls and their technology is mediocre, they shouldn't get psychic abilities without outside help.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
And Vespid!

*crickets*

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
If it came with a relaunch of a bunch of Tau Auxilliary models, sure. None of those get Sept Tents, though, which means that they're kinda just really bad on top of having old and bad models.

Yeast
Dec 25, 2006

$1900 Grande Latte

Cooked Auto posted:

No, they can't.

I don't want to collect another army.

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

R0ckfish posted:

Its increasingly looking like the rumors of supplements being released in pairs every two months being true, which might result in Salamanders and Fists being November/December releases. :smith:

I'm trying to convince myself this will give me more time to get all my Fists to tabletop quality by the time the book arrives, but who the hell knows.

I know that there's always the discussion of when the book has actually been printed vs release date, but I wonder if they're spreading these releases out to see how the codex gets an FAQ/Errata

R0ckfish
Nov 18, 2013

TheBigAristotle posted:

I'm trying to convince myself this will give me more time to get all my Fists to tabletop quality by the time the book arrives, but who the hell knows.

I know that there's always the discussion of when the book has actually been printed vs release date, but I wonder if they're spreading these releases out to see how the codex gets an FAQ/Errata

I am stuck in that I know that with the supplements will come upgrade kits and transfer sheets, so I dont want paint any infantry until they are available. On the other hand, those are the majority of what I want/need for the army, particularly because when I built the army I did not finish a full battalion of troops because it was only a 2cp difference and I wanted other stuff, so the army is basically unusable in the meantime.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
Just build all your stuff without left shoulder pads. That's what I'm doing.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

magnetize your shoulder pads

dexefiend
Apr 25, 2003

THE GOGGLES DO NOTHING!
Magnetize your paint.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

dexefiend posted:

Magnetize your paint.
?
https://www.homedepot.ca/product/rust-oleum-specialty-magnetic-wall-primer-in-gloss-white-887-ml/1000761638

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer
Some good reviews on there lol

R0ckfish
Nov 18, 2013
I found an alternative that can hold me over to the supplement: 5 mk4 manlets unpainted but almost fully built. Then I can just do vehicles until the upgrade kits come out.

Beerdeer
Apr 25, 2006

Frank Herbert's Dude
I lost two days in a row with Nu Ultramarines. They seem about the same efficacy as before with more moving parts to remember. Tips for exploiting the new rules to run a shooty army?

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
So I've already decided on my goal for next Nova: currently I have a 2k list of small/biglies that I can field, for 2020 I want to prep a 2k list of smallmarines, focusing on models that aren't seen as much, and a 2k primaris list. That'll serve as a capstone for the Ot Neba project, and starting post Nova 2020 I can move into my plans for admech.

Is there an accepted way to run vanguards? I was thinking a couple ablative chainsword/stormshield and a couple with lightning claws, but that seems to lack punch.

Booley
Apr 25, 2010
I CAN BARELY MAKE IT A WEEK WITHOUT ACTING LIKE AN ASSHOLE
Grimey Drawer

Beerdeer posted:

I lost two days in a row with Nu Ultramarines. They seem about the same efficacy as before with more moving parts to remember. Tips for exploiting the new rules to run a shooty army?

What was your list?

Rando
Mar 11, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Thanqol posted:

Custodes weapons are multi-damage and big AP, which are all useless against clowns. Basically Custodes are optimized to kill Primaris Marines.

The natural predator of the space clown is the gallant lasrifle which wounds on 4s and the lack of AP is irrelevant against invulns.

Thanks. In all fairness and honesty I was drunk and stoned as I could be when I posted my question and barely remember asking it so double thanks for your reply.

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP

Cooked Auto posted:

Zoats were something to do with Nids originally weren't they?

Flavivirus
Dec 14, 2011

The next stage of evolution.

Rando posted:

Thanks. In all fairness and honesty I was drunk and stoned as I could be when I posted my question and barely remember asking it so double thanks for your reply.

To be fair, a Harlequin army is going to have a hard time scratching a custodes one too. A Solitaire with Cegorach’s Rose will tear through Custodian Guard, and fusion boats ought to do alright, but in general they’re going to have difficulty actually making a dent.

Sharks Dont Sleep
Mar 4, 2009

In pairing luxury automobiles with large predatory felines we have achieved reality ahead of schedule.

Lungboy posted:

Yeah but kinda no. They were an independent race that the Tyranids subjugated but could show up independently and had multiple troop types.

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.

Lungboy posted:

Ancient Nid lore used to have a similar "coalition of races" thing that Tau have these days, although it was more like the main Tyranid race subjugating species they invaded. Zoats were their "ambassadors" during that era, as they could communicate with other species more easily.

But once Tyranid lore changed in to the more modern space locusts thing, that lore and zoats went away.

Genghis Cohen
Jun 29, 2013

Flavivirus posted:

To be fair, a Harlequin army is going to have a hard time scratching a custodes one too. A Solitaire with Cegorach’s Rose will tear through Custodian Guard, and fusion boats ought to do alright, but in general they’re going to have difficulty actually making a dent.

My (very casual play) experience is that bloody anything except hard core power-shooting units can bounce off Custodes. For example that Solitaire with D3 relic - yes, he could wipe a squad, but they likely have a storm shield at the front, so he could also bounce completely with a little bad luck.

Geisladisk
Sep 15, 2007

Kill team game. Terminator charged by ork boy.

Two hits. Two wounds. Two 1s on save. Command point to reroll. Another 1. Injury roll 4. Dead.

A shameful terminator. A badinator. :mad:

Irate Tree
Mar 12, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Geisladisk posted:

Kill team game. Terminator charged by ork boy.

Two hits. Two wounds. Two 1s on save. Command point to reroll. Another 1. Injury roll 4. Dead.

A shameful terminator. A badinator. :mad:

Alternatively, that boys got talent! :orks101:

Geisladisk
Sep 15, 2007

I assume that he died after the game, because he stole the kill from the killsaw armed nob which had also charged the terminator. :saddowns:

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
I have three goals for NOVA 2020:

1. Paint enough Space Marines to make them the only force I bring to every game.

2. Get everything on a display board.

3. Play at least one game with the entire painted army before NOVA starts.

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

Nova Goals 2020:

1) Bring a fully painted, fully plastic Eldar Aspect Warrior army.

2) Drink more. Embrace the Phosphex.

3) Fly instead of drive. Not hype to drive back this morning to go straight into hurricane prep.

Nova is extremely good, I recommend it fully. Hopefully registration won't be as much of a nailbiting nightmare, but at least I got everything I wanted this year.

GET INTO DA CHOPPA
Nov 22, 2007
D:

Beerdeer posted:

It depends entirely on what you're running and what you're facing.

My last UM game wasn't won because of hot dice, but they certainly helped. For instance, my opponent's Daemon Prince charged my Hellblasters and lost 6 wounds to overwatch. He had to prioritize starting combat with a different unit, because he charged a melee dreadnought (Ironclad) with his Skarbrand, so my Hellblasters ate the Daemon Prince in melee afterwards with 51(!) melee attacks.

Yeast
Dec 25, 2006

$1900 Grande Latte
I think I’m going to go to Nova 2020

I’m Australian, so this is not a small undertaking. And I want a brand new army for it too.

Welp..

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

Yeast posted:

I think I’m going to go to Nova 2020

I’m Australian, so this is not a small undertaking. And I want a brand new army for it too.

Welp..

I was actually thinking about doing this and bringing my new Raven Guard - Night Lords. I can take a tour of the beautiful *checks notes* "District of Columbia", whatever that may be.

Yeast
Dec 25, 2006

$1900 Grande Latte

JBP posted:

I was actually thinking about doing this and bringing my new Raven Guard - Night Lords. I can take a tour of the beautiful *checks notes* "District of Columbia", whatever that may be.

Yeah, I’ve wanted to go for years, but my friends don’t want to do the trip, so gently caress em. It honestly looks amazing.

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC
NoVA loving owned bones and provided I’m not murdered in the post-Brexit raider society I’m all in for next year.

Goals:
1) Bringing a fully painted force, either Slaanesh soup or Sisters. Along with a display board.
2) Sticking through with every game in the Narrative.
3) Give myself a few extra days in DC for sightseeing/hangover recovery.

OhDearGodNo
Jan 3, 2014

My NOVA experience this year was magnitudes better than last, and I have to first thank Dan The Sex Cannon. Last year I didn’t get along with someone that I needed to be around and it made the event overall a bit of a bummer. I didn’t mention it to anyone except a little bit on a post here after the event, and he noticed- not only that but proactively made sure that it wasn’t an issue this year.

It was also amazing seeing other people from last year- I’ve been a single parent for about 10 years and spending that time focusing on doing dad things/working any friends I had fell to the back. I might only see you all once or twice a year but it was super cool to have you all to hang out with.

The ability to have dedicated narrative tables this year made it much less rushed and I think more fun for everyone even though I think it came at the expense of kicking the 30k guys out of the main hall.

Goonhammer and Buttscribe were essential and are the best things to happen to 40k since Gary Morley left.

I’m bad with real names or SA ones, but I’ll highlight just a couple some of the memorable moments offhand:

- Nick’s overlord with a great twist on our boss battle, turning the tables of my Mounted Khan’s turn 3 charge and instead killing him completely.

- Blood Angel Dan’s Leviathan (see top left on the pic below) taking out my Falchion in a single turn but then exploding to my Executioner on the next.

- Scott is has to be the most friendly person I’ve ever met, playing him was super casual and relaxed. The game was super fun and closer on the table than on paper

- The crippled tank 1v1 when Spencer charged my 4 wound Repulsor with his single-wound Rhino in Apoc. Although it didn’t have the end I hoped (double explosion) it was still awesome to play out.

- Ottawa guy’s awesome tree knights and the forever-game on Saturday night.

- Kiwi guy going out of his way to help me panic-search the Toledo Games bits bins for a single multi-melta on Thursday afternoon.

- Renegade Knight / Red Corsairs guy (Chris?) who was fun to both play against as well as beside later on in the weekend

I’m missing a lot of people and things and if I missed something with you I’m sorry, I’m worn out and just now finally starting to get my voice back.

To go on Beer’s last goal, my main goal between now and NOVA 2020 isn’t as much about the con but to play as many games as possible to avoid the many “wait, what?” moments I had this year. I would like to thank you all for being patient with me.

Also next year I will definitely be bringing my orks.

DiHK
Feb 4, 2013

by Azathoth
I wanna know more about that hot pink eldar.

OhDearGodNo
Jan 3, 2014

DiHK posted:

I wanna know more about that hot pink eldar.

That's Katie's army which is pretty scary.

Does anyone have a link to the discord? I disconnected and can't seem to find a "history" section to rejoin the server.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I got Robin Cruddace to try phosphex in the form of a sumpkroc. He did not like it.

30k thread cultural victory.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Get ready for teh wacky laughz0r!
Any good tips on making cheap movement trays?