Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
goddamn tortoise storm

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

i believe that disney would actually build their industrial construction to cat6 standards because a day of downtime is a mickey mouse ceo crime

they will have the whole island replanted in a week or something and the old ocean life replaced with robo reefs

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

the psychological horrors unleashed on an unwillingly assigned skeleton crew who has to ride it out by default tho is an externality

succ
Nov 11, 2016

by Cyrano4747

CODChimera posted:

so what are this guys credentials?

Florida man

Amazing Zimmo
Jan 27, 2006

That's quite a load you got in them diapers

Bulgakov posted:

i believe that disney would actually build their industrial construction to cat6 standards because a day of downtime is a mickey mouse ceo crime

they will have the whole island replanted in a week or something and the old ocean life replaced with robo reefs

Disney always needs fresh blood and viscera for the "machine"

TheDon01
Mar 8, 2009

https://twitter.com/EricBlake12/status/1168294195532111873

Thats just beggin for it

Amazing Zimmo
Jan 27, 2006

That's quite a load you got in them diapers

hell yeah, Florida is gonna get hit hard

stay safe Floridians

slinkimalinki
Jan 17, 2010

Bulgakov posted:

the psychological horrors unleashed on an unwillingly assigned skeleton crew who has to ride it out by default tho is an externality

Pirates of the Caribbean: low effort edition

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

sounds like we need to sell off more 5G bands so we can't use water content measurements anymore in order to stream more netflix on our phones. really takes the sruprise out of life

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

but still loves car I bet

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice
Do you think they're gonna give those employees free unpaid time for the duration of their imprisonment in a hurricane or are they gonna just drain whatever sick or PTO or UPT or whatever from them because they aren't technically at work.

Kassad
Nov 12, 2005

It's about time.

Xaris posted:

sounds like we need to sell off more 5G bands so we can't use water content measurements anymore in order to stream more netflix on our phones. really takes the sruprise out of life

You mean stream 4K videos of hurricanes wrecking major cities

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob

Shima Honnou posted:

Do you think they're gonna give those employees free unpaid time for the duration of their imprisonment in a hurricane or are they gonna just drain whatever sick or PTO or UPT or whatever from them because they aren't technically at work.

Their blood will be added to the park reserve yes

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Shima Honnou posted:

Who said they were free to be washed out to sea?

You're fired :yooge:

Virulence
Jun 14, 2012

https://twitter.com/aaronofseyer/status/1168450129420062721

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jn9bo50-ETM

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob

This seems bad

Space Robot
Sep 3, 2011

Even Jurassic Park evacuated their employees over a hurricane.

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

the storm in jp snuck up quick while dorian is tantric destruction

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.
Cross post from Trump thread:

Paradoxish posted:

Also, a weaker, slower moving storm right off the coast is extremely bad news because it can dump absolutely insane amounts of water. Flooding is a big loving deal, arguably much worse than wind.

As a Floridian who lives 1/2 mile from the beach in St. Augustine, I can confirm.

The thing that's surprised me with Matthew and Irma is that the real flood danger comes not from the ocean but from the intercoastal to the west. Speaking of that, we've been having some weird "lunar tides" or something and for the last few days the water levels on the pier to the west of my house have been unusually high so that sucks.

Where I live is roughly a mile wide and my street has flooded before (not my house). The water has made it half way up my driveway 2x now so this storm concerns me a great deal. Evacuating soon.

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo
would be pretty cool if the same stretches of north carolina that got inundated with pig lagoon runoff last year get a whole ton of water dropped on them in the midweek

extremely good for the region i'm sure

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Bulgakov posted:

So what do you guess is the highest point of the island?

They're all going to loving drown in that shelter.

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018

Megillah Gorilla posted:

So what do you guess is the highest point of the island?

They're all going to loving drown in that shelter.

Right, lol at that goon last night acting like its completely unreasonable to be worried about you family member being here:

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

HugeGrossBurrito posted:

Right, lol at that goon last night acting like its completely unreasonable to be worried about you family member being here:

lol

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

SKULL.GIF posted:

Storm surge now 18-23ft

Freeport is 19 ft above sea level iirc

I had my honeymoon in Freeport. I'm divorced now but it was a cool place.

SKULL.GIF posted:

If we can't erase Mar-a-Lago from the map then I'll happily accept Jacksonville as a consolation prize

Irradiation posted:

RIP Jacksonville

I work in Jacksonville but I can't disagree with this sentiment.

I stole this joke but if that fucker does hit Mar A Lago I hope someone throws rolls of Brawny at Trump during the press conference.

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

BiggerBoat posted:

Cross post from Trump thread:

As a Floridian who lives 1/2 mile from the beach in St. Augustine, I can confirm.

The thing that's surprised me with Matthew and Irma is that the real flood danger comes not from the ocean but from the intercoastal to the west. Speaking of that, we've been having some weird "lunar tides" or something and for the last few days the water levels on the pier to the west of my house have been unusually high so that sucks.

Where I live is roughly a mile wide and my street has flooded before (not my house). The water has made it half way up my driveway 2x now so this storm concerns me a great deal. Evacuating soon.

Stay safe

space uncle
Sep 17, 2006

"I don’t care if Biden beats Trump. I’m not offloading responsibility. If enough people feel similar to me, such as the large population of Muslim people in Dearborn, Michigan. Then he won’t"

BiggerBoat posted:

I had my honeymoon in Freeport. I'm divorced now but it was a cool place.

I work in Jacksonville but I can't disagree with this sentiment.

I stole this joke but if that fucker does hit Mar A Lago I hope someone throws rolls of Brawny at Trump during the press conference.

The problem is that Mar-a-Lago and all the other mansions on Palm Beach are built out of bricks and steel and hurricane windows and shutters. They’re all insured for millions of dollars. They have redundant generators, redundant water, staff to perform repairs and clean up the debris. They have secondary and tertiary homes in the Northeast where they’re currently watching the storm in complete safety.

5 miles west of there is West Palm Beach, where 20% of people live under the poverty line. They may have plywood shutters on their windows and are 2-3 feet above sea level.

It’s fun to think that God/Satan/the specter of communism will strike down the plutocrats with divine wrath, but in reality it’s self-defeating.

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018
yeah honestly if Mar a lago got hit trump would probably make a shitload of money from insurance scamming so

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

shadowvine118 posted:

they were being eaten

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

Lastgirl posted:

they were being eaten

nothing wrong with that

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

HugeGrossBurrito posted:

yeah honestly if Mar a lago got hit trump would probably make a shitload of money from insurance scamming so

He already did in 9/11 taking disaster relief money even though all his properties were far away from Ground Zero.

Irradiation
Sep 14, 2005

I understand your frustration.
He also has claimed hurricane damage at maralago before when nothing has happened.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

shadowvine118 posted:

lol

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

the best way to deal with lawsuits is to have Trex eat a lawyer guy on a toilet.

orange sky
May 7, 2007

https://twitter.com/TravisCC/status/1168522003009220608?s=20

https://twitter.com/Toy242/status/1168482526249328640?s=20

https://twitter.com/sxmewayyy22/status/1168519707907018752?s=20

how are these people so loving calm

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

orange sky posted:

the gently caress can you do now other than ride it out?

also stay safe out there fellow hurricane goons
i myself shall be getting plastered until i lose power and then plastered with sweat until FPL sorts it out

Party Plane Jones has issued a correction as of 15:59 on Sep 2, 2019

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
i hope they take a real long time restoring ur power so my cspam friends can post

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

soy
Jul 7, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

orange sky posted:

everyone reacts to extreme stress differently. this is what PTSD is all about, as some people like myself become ice cold calm and optimistic when the poo poo is hitting the fan but once it’s over I process how extremely bad what happened was.

pretty sure it’s basically a lizard brain survival strategy

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

orange sky posted:

Burnout, probably. When a crisis drags on for hours it becomes hard to sustain emotional highs no matter how dire the situation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Burn Zone
May 22, 2004

I like the model that has a 90 degree turn lmao

https://twitter.com/MJVentrice/status/1168525393671987205

https://twitter.com/mjventrice/status/1168526015846604805?s=21

https://twitter.com/mjventrice/status/1168526162907340800?s=21

https://twitter.com/mjventrice/status/1168526563614367745?s=21